• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Golden on Vita is the same as PC right?

So if I bought it on Vita I wouldn't be missing out on anything content-wise in the PC version?

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shinobido 2
Flame Over (fun roguelike game about putting out fires)
Munch's Odyssey HD
Stranger's Wrath HD
Danganronpa Trilogy
Sly Cooper (Trilogy + Thieves in Time)
Ratchet Trilogy
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (1+2, if you're feeling a little masochistic)

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
If I was going to pick one exclusive for the Vita it would likely be Freedom Wars. I poured so much time into that game. Ys VIII was good too but it's available elsewhere.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
So many, so so many. What about psx games?

Vita
Shinobido 2, kinda like old school tenchu by the people who made the original gamea
Wipeout, studio liverpool swan song
Unit 13, same for zipper, amazing arcade style shooter
Tearaway, from media molecule, different enough from ps4 version
Gravity Rush, Kat
Soul Sacrifice Delta, Toukiden and Freedom Wars, fun hunting games
Rayman duology, best way to experience these games
Tales of Hearts R
Oreshika 2
Virtua Tennis 4, so many game modes and extra content
Zero Escape Series, Valhalla and Dananronpa, fun VN games
All the vanillaware titles
The experience inc dungeon crawlers
World of Final Fantasy

Other lesser known games
Dokuro, super cute puzzle platformer. Cheap. Jp physical version has english text
Knytt Underground. Huge indie exploration game
Flying Hamster HD, a nice cute em up
Mutant Blob, Guacamelee, Severed, Drinkbox is an amazing developer

Psp
Persona 3 Portable
Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins
What did I do to deserve this
Tomba! A psx game but so good

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Dissidia Duodecim is the only killer app on the system now thanks to P4G being on PC, so grab that for sure.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Vita:

Gravity Rush if you didn't play it on PS4;
If you like "hunting games", Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars (Vita port of Toukiden Kiwami is great too. Toukiden 2 not so much);
All the Vanillaware games. Don't forget the Muramasa DLCs;
Killzone Mercenary;
Tearaway;

A ton of visual novels. A ton of indies that run nicely and play great with Vita's state of the art dpad.
And I'm forgetting a ton too, since I've bought over 200 Vita games (not counting PS+) and regretted buying, like, 10 of those.

biocat

Oct 25, 2017
R-Type Tactics 1 & 2

(edit)
Sorry, I didn't realize how crazy expensive 2 is. I have it digital with all the DLC. Bought it right before the PS store took down all the Irem content.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wild Arms XF is my favorite SRPG and it's a PSP exclusive. It's like FFT with more interesting stages & crazy classes.

DJMax Technika Tune is my favorite rhythm game and it's a Vita exclusive. It's Elite Beat Agents gameplay but with a bunch of Korean songs.

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The games I had the most fun with on the Vita were Super Stardust Delta, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Bastion and Zen Pinball 2.

On the PSP, Locoroco, DBZ Shin Budokai Another Road, Crisis Core.

But the real MUST HAVE on the Vita is hacking your console to play backups and be able to use SD2Vita. You absolutely can't trust 2 things: the durability of Sony's proprietary cards and Sony keeping the Vita PSN store alive and functional

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017

Hands down the best game on the Vita, imo. It's a "monster hunt" game but it has an amazing story with a really interesting world and characters. The voice work and narration are top notch and there are several moments where I straight up cried. I can't sing its praises enough and I hope Sony doesn't abandon it.

I just want to echo this recommendation. Aside from Persona 4, Killzone, Gravity Rush, Hot Shots, Uncharted, and Velocity 2X... Soul Sacrifice Delta was amazing.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
How the flip has Ridge Racer PSP (1 or 2) not been mentioned yet? One of the GOAT arcade racing games, and it still plays like a dream because of its silky smooth 60 fps.

Macello

Oct 25, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
Some of my personal favorites that don't always make the lists (besides Persona 4 Golden, Muramasa, etc.)

Street Fighter x Tekken
Odin Sphere
WRC 4
Guacamelee
Mutant Blobs Attack
Severed
Persona 4 Dancing All Night (and 3 and 5, but those are Japanese only.)
Need for Speed Most Wanted

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Other than P4 Golden mine has always been a PS1 emulator machine. FF7, 9, 4, 1-2, 6, Tactics (or Tactics War of Lions for PSP). Then Xenogears, Suikoden 1-2 as well. I have the Vita slim so I'm not sure if it's finally cracked so you can install PSX emulators but if you're able to that's the way to go (if you're like me and bought some of these games way too many times).

yes, I know some of the PSX versions of the listed games are very suboptimal (FF6 notably) but it's honestly not that bad in my opinion. YMMV

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would recommend Soul Sacrifice Delta even if you don't like hunter games. I'm not a fan of the genre at all, but that game is a ton of fun and has good replay value. Multiplayer only adds to the fun, but I'm not sure if that's live anymore. On top of that, the story was unexpectedly great as well with a fair number of subdued twists.

Freedom Wars was decent fun for me too, but it grew long in the tooth. I don't remember if I even finished the story. The game was mostly carried by playing with a friend.
Agreed.

The game is very unique in the genre so it is well worth playing. The story and the world are really cool too. They did an amazing job with it.
The open source port of GTA3 is really solid. If you're hacking Vita to get sd2vita, you should definitely check it out.
Yeah if they hack their Vita I recommend this as well.

GTA Vice City is on the way too so you could potentially be able to play every GTA3 era game aside from San Andreas on the Vita.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm disappointed this hasn't been posted yet. Are we not doing it anymore? Is this tradition dead?

xjPi6Th.gif

All must play games have been mentioned already, so I can't add much to this thread. Props to the user who mentioned Lumines! It's really addictive. Like, seriously addictive.

Thomas Was Alone is a simple and minimalist puzzle platformer I truly enjoy. You could give it a try as well.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aside from Persona 4 Golden, I guess, there really are no must-have Vita games. All the good ones have been ported and the OK ones are fine, but not worth going back to play with so many better games available now. Sorry, just the truth. Great hardware, poor game library.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
OP. Anyone really. You might be tempted to just skip this. You might see this post, maybe even scan it, maybe even register it in your mind, maybe even consider playing it and then not play it. The thread is full of suggestions after all. It's some card-based spinoff after all. The sequel to a card game spinoff, even. HOWEVER: I implore you, play this game. It is important for you to sit down and play this game. Play the game.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I love LBP Vita, so kudos for grabbing it! My suggestions:

Vita
Wipeout 2048
Hotline Miami
Rogue Legacy
Persona 4 Golden
Spelunky
Velocity 2X
Mutant Blobs Attack
Guacamelee
Sound Shapres
OlliOlli

PSP
Metal Gear Ac!d
Twisted Metal Head-On
Lumines
Daxter
God of War: Chains of Olympus
LocoRoco
Persona 3
Burnout Legends

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
If I was going to pick one exclusive for the Vita it would likely be Freedom Wars. I poured so much time into that game. Ys VIII was good too but it's available elsewhere.
This is a good shout, I quite enjoyed that game. I eventually hit a bit of a wall just singleplayer though, not sure how active the multiplayer community is.

It's a major shame this never got ported elsewhere.

Oct 31, 2017
Most PS Classics games! :P

Persona 4 Golden.

Uncharted was terrible.

80 on MC with 80 reviews, hard to believe it's a "terrible" game tbh.

Get it modded to SDVita. Vita memory cards are absolute garbage. Lost a 40 hour persona 4G campaign.

Horrible system at stock due to this. Those propriety cards are also hard to find and have high failure rates. So it's a double whammy of awfulness.

Aren't the high failure rates mostly tied to the 64Go cards?

Power Stone collection

The PSP port is terrible.

Last edited:

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
A note on the Danganronpa series.

Its not possible to buy them digitally on vita anymore. 1 & 2 are still pretty easy to find physically / new. 3 on the other hand has dissappeared from stores and is very expensive on the second hand market.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Is P3 Portable better than the original?

I have it on my PS3 but have never played it.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is P3 Portable better than the original?

I have it on my PS3 but have never played it.
Gameplay wise, yes. It feels way closer to 4 and 5 due to the ability to control the party members and other QoL fixes. It also has the option to play as a girl (who has way better writing than the male mc).

Presentation wise it is a Visual Novel game in the free roam sections so it is not as immersive as the main game where it is traditional persona. In combat sections it is just like the original.

Still, I like replaying P3P more than the original. The original is worth playing but can be frustrating due to the party being controlled by the AI only.

If you can play both.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
I'll suggest Dragon's Crown and Murumasa. Yes, both are available for console, but I found them to be much more accessible on Vita.

Also, the Ys titles are fantastic on Vita as well.

charlaten

Oct 27, 2017
My faves:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Everybody's Golf
Wipeout 2048
Rogue Legacy
Mutant Blobs Attack
Guacamelee
OlliOlli 1-2
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Steamworld Dig 1-2
Papers Please
Steamworld Heist
Salt & Sanctuary
Stardew Valley
Axiom Verge
Limbo
FFX HD
CounterSpy
Terraria
Hotline Miami
GTA Chinatown Wars (PSP)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)

And tons of PS1 games, like Resident Evil 1-3, MGS1, FF 6-9, Parasite Eve

Oct 31, 2017
Don't forget original Tearaway

VITA
LittleBigPlanet
Tearaway
Muramasa Rebirth
Killzone Mercenary
Uncharted

:P

Nah. This is pretty well reported. Sony used cheap raw materials.

Only own 4 and 8Go cards and I had no problems till now. Might get a 32 in the next few weeks though! :P
Golden on Vita is the same as PC right?

So if I bought it on Vita I wouldn't be missing out on anything content-wise in the PC version?

I think you'll only miss dual audio in terms of content.

Plus, the game doesn't seem to be full res on that VITA screen.

But the real MUST HAVE on the Vita is hacking your console to play backups and be able to use SD2Vita. You absolutely can't trust 2 things: the durability of Sony's proprietary cards and Sony keeping the Vita PSN store alive and functional

People can still download their PSP games on a PSP via their download list so we should be good on that front.

Last edited:

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
Nah. This is pretty well reported. Sony used cheap raw materials.

Just throwing my experience into the mix. I have a couple 4GB memory cards from the launch Vita systems, an 8GB and 32GB memory cards as well as a couple 64GB memory cards. I've only had one of the 64GB memory cards get corrupted. But after formatting it, the 64GB memory card worked fine ever since 2015's corruption issue. None of the other cards have had any issues.

Oct 31, 2017
How the flip has Ridge Racer PSP (1 or 2) not been mentioned yet? One of the GOAT arcade racing games, and it still plays like a dream because of its silky smooth 60 fps.

I think the first one was a launch game... So I'm wondering if it's even available on PSN?

And RR2 was PAL only. That one might be on PAL PSN though!

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
The games I had the most fun with on the Vita were Super Stardust Delta, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Bastion and Zen Pinball 2.

On the PSP, Locoroco, DBZ Shin Budokai Another Road, Crisis Core.

Can you connect to PSN with SD2VITA? It made me think I should download all my digital Vita games and back them up. Is that possible or will I need to download to a vita memory card then copy to SD?