• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Probably me, I have the WiiU version of BOTW and it was terrible performance-wise. On Cemu it runs like butter.

Oh I have the Switch version of it as well, got it free from work.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Not a huge fan of Botw so I can wait til Switch 2 or PC emulation is available.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'll probably end up watching my husband play it on our 4k TV, but I'll probably be cringing at the horribly aliased and blurry gameplay of a 720p / 900p game with zero anti-aliasing upscaled to 4k. Maybe I'll be able to convince him to plug his beefy PC into the TV to try emulating it for a second playthrough.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Hoping yuzu has it working at launch and we have resolution scaling by that point because cemu was easily the definite way to play Botw. Nintendo games look gorgeous at higher resolutions like 4K. Played like half my Wii library via dolphin vs on the system itself as well and can't wait until that day comes for switch.

At least the switch version of botw is 720p portable and not unbelievably blurry like the xenoblades or most open world games on the system.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People going "lmao definitive version" when the definitive version of BOTW is already the CEMU version. Eventually that will be the case for BOTW2 in Yuzu as well, albeit maybe not on launch day.

I'll be buying the game, enjoying it as much as I can on the Switch itself, but then eventually playing it on a PC.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'll be playing it literally the first possible moment
lol, a little obnoxious to call emulated versions definitive, if you ask me

edit: also i don't have a second spare switch i can hack to dump the game for emulation, so even if i had a beefy PC that wouldn't be an option for me.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Too much of a hassle for me. I played a significant amount of BotW1 in handheld so a stationary platform isn't really an option for me. Curious to see the results on Yuzu though!

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just a bit confused by the couple people saying they don't care about Zelda/BotW, but they'll play the sequel on an emulator.

Why spend $60 on a game you don't care about?

Max A.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean after playing at 1440p/60fps how can I go back to 900p/20-30fps? I'll probably have to wait a little bit longer, but it's worth it for me.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I've got the Switch / PC combo myself, but this is precisely why people dislike and avoid PC gaming. "Definitive edition" hahaha come on, get off your high horse.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just a bit confused by the couple people saying they don't care about Zelda/BotW, but they'll play the sequel on an emulator.

First, it's a sequel. I at least expect it to improve much of the stuff I find as flaws in the original.

Second, buying later/second hand copy is much cheaper.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
User Banned (3 days): conflating emulation with piracy

You answered your own question, just not the way you expected it. They won't spend a dime

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be getting Switch day 1 and playing there because I doubt that day 1 Yuzu performance will match the Switch with no glitches/stutter.

Also, holy damn at that Reshade plugin. At first I didn't think it looked much better as it changed the "feel" too much but when it just went to extended night time gameplay... damn, that was nice. I should maybe get around to setting Cemu up. I got the Wii U version and played BotW there and it was fine so shouldn't be hard to extract that and set up Cemu.

Do you still need to do the stuff with the shader compiling etc? It was what turned me off trying Cemu when I had my old build because it was "too much work" compared to other platform emulators of ripping the rom/iso and running it.

And yeah, the PC versions of games will almost always be the "definitive" versions even if done via emulation. They won't be the "official" versions (outside of actual PC ports) but almost always perform the best and look the best with community made mods and bug fixes and for emulated games will eventually run as well or better than the native platform (of course there are some exceptions).

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that RT video just blew my mind. I still have my setup installed so I might take a look at this tonight.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
This is kind of trollish imo... I am sure there is some niche of people that will want for an emulator to play an unreleased game we still have no info about, but it's so incredibly small and random. why is this topic made about botw2 over any single other game?

Panda Andino

Nov 5, 2018
You guys know that yuzu mods that are made works in og switch right? you want great IQ with 60 fps, because 720p on 6.2 inches is the same as 4k on 20 inch.. or 8k on 40inch.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
why is this topic made about botw2 over any single other game?
Probably because there's a very noticeable difference between the emulated version and the Switch/WiiU versions, and because there's a lot of mod support and graphics tweaks for BoTW in particular (plus it's just a very popular game).

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be playing it whenever it comes out, unless it's a total dud. Then later emulated at a high frame rate and resolution. Will be holding on to my early Switch for this reason.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
This is kind of trollish imo... I am sure there is some niche of people that will want for an emulator to play an unreleased game we still have no info about, but it's so incredibly small and random. why is this topic made about botw2 over any single other game?
The first game release lead to this on the emulation side :
0ZxzinK.jpg

I think it's fair to say that botw it's a beast on it's own.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine there will be motion control stuff like on the first, how does that work on PC?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Cemu version of BOTW is really great, runs flawlessly at high resolution and framerates.

As for the sequel, that will have to run on Switch emulator, which is slowly becoming as good as Cemu.

I imagine there will be motion control stuff like on the first, how does that work on PC?
PS4 gyro

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Nah. Switch version will be more than enough.

May 24, 2019
Those RT videos are killing the pastel art style a bit. I think the grass doesn't work as well when it's all contrasty with self shadowing.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It would be difficult for me to obtain a legal copy of the game to play on an emulator so it is more simply to use a Switch.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
If I am truly interested in a game I do not wait for a superior version to play.

It's only games where perhaps I was unsure from the start of the purchase that it may potentially influence me.

Status
Not open for further replies.