• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Creating a platform wars thread
Seeing the huge difference between botw on switch and Cemu right now, who will wait to play the definitive version?

i dont suppose itll take long to get it fully functional now that they seem to know what they are doing.

N1corex

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 7, 2020
the cemu version of botw is pretty nice. However this is just a wii u emulator. I like playing on the original machines though. botw runs really rough on yuzu last I checked.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way I'm not playing the sequel to the best game of the generation on launch day.

But since Bloodborne 2 isn't a thing, there's no way I'm not playing the sequel to the second best game of the generation on launch day.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Yuzu is making some incredible progress, I wouldn't be surprised if it's playable on day one, like The Origami King.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I will buy it day one unless there are critical issues with the game. I am a framerate purist, but despite BotW's extremely poor framerate on Wii U, I still think it to be one of the finest games ever made.

It's an exceptional game for this reason, and many more. I expect similar from its successor.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's entirely possible that with the progress of Switch emulation development, you might be able to play it on an emulator day one.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
Really depends. If I get a consistent 900p-1080p docked, I'll already be happy. If they prioritize other graphical effects instead, it's going to make PC a lot more tempting for many people.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
What are the huge differences for those of us who don't play close attention to emulators?

For something like BotW, I don't know that I felt like it really needed more graphical power behind it, since the cartoon aesthetic worked fine at lower resolutions. Higher framerate is always nice, but maybe less of an issue when you spend half the game inching your way up cliff faces.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Seeing the huge difference between botw on switch and Cemu right now, who will wait to play the definitive version?
main-qimg-61f6701c3728b860875b2a8dee51bb59.webp

you sound like one of those raspberry pi people

Otherwise no not really, I loved BOTW so I am not waiting for the "pc version" to be stable enough, also don't you need a beast PC for it to run properly ?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how fast Yuzu is going, considering the work being done with BOTW on Yuzu and that BOTW2 is a sequel that'll likely run in the same engine, I expect the game to be fully playable around launch. That's how I plan to play it anyway.

chusetto

Oct 31, 2017
Krista
User Banned (3 days): Conflating home-brew with piracy
So piracy is legal now? We're not talking about abandonware...

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Will wait to get a nice beefy PC and wait for the emulated version to get better and then maybe give it a try. Not really interested in Zelda games at all but BoTW seems interesting to look in at least. So yeah, not sure what plans i have for BoTW2 tbh..

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Playing BOTW at 4K/60fps with all the tweaks is pretty damn nice, by the time BOTW2 is out though, there will probably be a Switch Pro or Switch 2.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
I'd rather play on my Switch (first time around at least) so I can get the most bug-free experience.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
The people saying "Lmfao pmsl definitive", why?

I mean you can literally play BOTW at 4k/60 pretty easily now and it looks gorgeous. Having tried it myself, I'd still play it on the Switch; something about the novelty of playing it on the system just makes it more comfortable. Pretty sure it's just because I want to get comfortable and play it on a big TV.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't care for botw so assuming 2 is worth playing, I'll wait for it to be playable on an emu yeah.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I played the first one extensively on Switch then even more extensively on Cemu, I'll do the same for this one.
OP's not wrong, it's NOT the same experience at all, this game is stunningly gorgeous on proper hardware with higher resolution and a less muted color palette.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if Yuzu has it running pretty well at launch, tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.