• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Neither of them is in the top ten. They can still be your favorites though, and that's ok

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Between those? Bloodborne, easily.

In general it's TLOU2 for me though, which edges above it for the #1.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not fucking bloodborne Lmao. That game rules but it's just another very very good souls game.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Overwatch.

But out of those two it's BotW. I possibly enjoyed BB a bit more, but unlike BB, BotW is actually unique and original.
BB is just Dark (Demon's) Souls with better aesthetics, gameplay, music, art direction.

Both are amazing games, though.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Bloodborne, and it isn't remotely close. BOTW 2 needs to up the combat game by about a million. Sekiro is better than both though.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't finish either, but played more of BotW so between those games that be my pick. My personal pick is TLOU Part 2.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I really like Breath of the Wild but it's too boring to be game of the generation for me. I've not played Bloodborne but era is pretty much the only place that raves about it. It's got to be Witcher 3 for me. I've also not played God of War, Red Dead II or Last of Us 2 though. God damn there are a lot of games I've not played.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I would pick Bloodborne and it wouldn't even be close. BOTW isn't even on the list.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne wasn't even the best game of the year it came out in. Nowhere near GotG status.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
If I really have to choose then I would have to say BotW. I can't remember the last time I have put that many hours into a singleplayer game.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Of the two I much prefer Bloodborne but I would take God of War, Prey and Persona 5 above both.

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doom Eternal
BOTW
Inside
Hallow knight
TLOU2
Celest
Halo5 (multiplayer)
Yeah. I think thats it. No specific order. Cant do that man.
Edit: Forgot God Of War >_>

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
As did PubG. Your GotG doesn't need to be decided by popularity.
Fortnite has a stronger claim than just being Battle Royale it's worth noting. From the Battle Pass to the extent they're willing to change things up season on season it's an impressive title when taken a step back from. I wouldn't pitch for it taking the crown or the top 5 but the game does a lot of interesting, creative and disruptive stuff that most other GaaS titles don't come close to. I think more often than not it gets a quick dismissal here because of that popularity when there's a lot to appreciate.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I can't think of any other game that I enjoyed more then Breath of the Wild. I try to stay away from it even though I've beaten the game many times already. I know that as soon as I boot it up I get sucked in again.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
BotW out of those easily. I enjoyed Bloodborne, but it was just another Souls game albeit one with a cooler aesthetic.

I never used shields in Souls, so the whole "BB is a Souls game where you have to dodge, parry and play aggressive" aspect didn't apply to me.

I personally wouldn't say BotW is my gotg (I like it but I don't think it's amazing as people make out), but it's a much more clever game than Bloodborne, and I honestly can't think of a game that's surprised me with its gameplay and what is possible.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Bloodborne is a great game all around. BOTW is good but a bit disappointing as a Zelda game.

Status
Not open for further replies.