• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
"Some" is putting it lightly lol. I'm actually legit impressed by how much they got working from BotW.
www.resetera.com

How Genshin Impact copying BOTW is so shameless and impressive at the same time

Reveal thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/genshin-impact-reveal-trailer-new-online-game-from-mihoyo-the-developer-of-honkai-impact.121728/ So the closed beta just went live a few hours ago, and there are already quite a number of gameplay videos out there. Let's start from the general...
Yeah it is heavy. Guess that upset some that hate copying?

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
User Warned - Inflammatory Generalization
Wait...CHINESE people are mad at something being copied too much? They must be raging every day.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Really? This is the game that crosses the line for shameless copying? LMAO

Now I'm really motivated to support this

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For everyone who has no clue what game this is about:

Genshin-Impact.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
Will this be released in the west? It looks exactly like something I would like to play over the weekend. :)

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just to clarify, miHoYo said the game is coming to PS4 worldwide trhough a collaboration with SIE Shanghai, but no one said Sony would be the published as far as I'm aware.

It's actually good you clarified that, because after I made my post I tried to find a source for the information and I couldn't find it. I am very sure I read this on an official page (of Sony or Mihoyo) though, also Sony being the publisher. But I can't find it anywhere. :/

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So like BotW with a non-terrible battle system and more of a story. Already looking like a better game.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I cant think of a single aspect that looks better. Most of the game world and city look devoid of life.
Er... the combat? Anyone with decent sight can see that the combat has a lot more going on than BotW. Though I think they need to tweak the effects because they obscure the action at times, which isn't ideal.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Meh, imitation is the best form of flattery. Curious to try it out if it ever releases on Switch.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Trolling over a series of posts
Fanboyism at its peak.

So now any game that has open plains is copying BOTW? Funny considering there were games that did open plains before BOTW. Man, Nintendo fans are something else.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Er... the combat? Anyone with decent sight can see that the combat has a lot more going on than BotW. Though I think they need to tweak the effects because they obscure the action at times, which isn't ideal.

Kind of hard to tell where the supposed depth is in the combat. It looks flashy but for all we know it could be pretty terrible and it does look a bit janky. I don't even like BOTW all that much but at least it had a lot of variety to how you could approach fights. BOTW also had pretty great enemy AI which goes a long way to make encounters more interesting.

So now any game that has open plains is copying BOTW?

Might want to actually take a glance at this game

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Just watching this PC footage of the game, and it really does look uncannily like BotW..

But then lots of games look like other games, so whatever.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Fanboyism at its peak.

So now any game that has open plains is copying BOTW? Funny considering there were games that did open plains before BOTW. Man, Nintendo fans are something else.
lmao nice take
watch the trailer. it's a pretty blatant copy, down to the trailer itself
not that the game can't stand on its own though

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fanboyism at its peak.

Did you watch the trailer? The environment, the elemental system of making fire on grass and creating an updraft, climb anywhere. It is legitimately impressive how much is taken from BotW.

Status
Not open for further replies.