• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a non white person would not get this forgiveness and positive news coverage more likely than not - fucked
that short of a sentence - fucked
people dragging the dude like he must conduct way certain way or else even though personally I would want to see 300 percent more contrition if I was in that situation -- fucked
people dragging anyone who doesn't react like the dude and trying to hold him up as how all victims and familes of victims should react - fucked

no one is ready for this

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
pcagKWS.png

MxnH25r.png

Lmao "you haven't done so much"

"Something bad in one moment in time"

Fuck you'd think she stole a snickers bar

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
I cried listening to this, y'all.
Please let this be a turning point for our country...

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Was watching PDP on YT and saw that the judge hugged the racist murderer. Fuck this shit. I am angry beyond words.

Even among racial and/or ethnic minorities, esp. among the south asian community, from my experience, blacks are considered, "less" or "inferior". If there was a totem pole for graduating folks facing discrimination based on race, blacks would be the last. And shit like this is exactly EXACTLY why so many people feel that killing a black person is inconsequential. To them, black folks are still, "niggers"- a term that encompasses centuries of prejudice as well as the connotation of how much the life of a black person worth in comparison to those who are not.

I am utterly fucking disgusted. Fuck that judge to kingdom come. Piece of shit.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that helps him and his family in their process after this tragedy. It's not as if she murdered the guy in a calculated, cold blooded manner. It was a mistake. Good on him, though I wouldn't blame anyone for not reacting that way after someone killed a member of your family.

I don't feel the need to shit on the judge, either. Maybe she routinely tries to give comfort to people who are about to do some hard time? Maybe something about this case moved her? Seemed like a nice gesture. Not a religious person myself but it can help people redeem themselves.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that helps him and his family in their process after this tragedy. It's not as if she murdered the guy in a calculated, cold blooded manner. It was a mistake. Good on him, though I wouldn't blame anyone for not reacting that way after someone killed a member of your family.

I don't feel the need to shit on the judge, either. Maybe she routinely tries to give comfort to people who are about to do some hard time? Maybe something about this case moved her? Seemed like a nice gesture. Not a religious person myself but it can help people redeem themselves.
The judge can fuck off and you can go with her.

ButtIchesMan

Banned
Aug 6, 2019
This man is exactly who Jesus was talking about as a light to the world. All you talking about how he did it so he can move on, look again. He was forgiving her for her sake, so that she could turn to Christ so that she might be saved. He wasn't worried about himself at all

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
This man is exactly who Jesus was talking about as a light to the world. All you talking about how he did it so he can move on, look again. He was forgiving her for her sake, so that she could turn to Christ so that she might be saved. He wasn't worried about himself at all

This highlights how immoral monotheistic religions are, you can literally commit any crime and then be welcomed into paradise for being a sycophant. Disgusting.

This is true.

But, what's also true is that the forgiveness has taken control of the narrative - the narrative being a white racist woman murdered a completely innocent man in his own home and only got sentenced 10 years in jail.

The brother's act of humanity should be a side note in this otherwise horrendous, unjust story - and we should really be focusing on how to make sure this never, ever happens again in this country.

But, thanks to this story, it's taken the focus away from a case of blatant racism and white supremacy in its ugliest form and given white people a reason to think that ANYTHING racist they do should be forgiven.

This highlights how immoral monotheistic religions are, you can literally commit any crime and then be welcomed into paradise for being a sycophant. Disgusting.

Just curious - removing all religious aspects, do you think that there is a point where humans are no longer worthy or capable of redemption?

If so, I don't blame you, and I can certainly understand the justification.

Last edited:

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Really hate how captain america retweeted this bullshit and felt good about it. Everyone loves a good ol forgiveness story in the media which allows people to completely forget the heinous crime.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The hilarious joke of it all is this has now become a story of redemption and such shit

And the white supremacist murderer didn't even have to say sorry or renounce white supremacy. Shit idiots are turning this into a feel good story of redemption and the white supremacist is starting her appeal because she still believes she's fucking innocent

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the moderation team can't do jack shit about these low post count mostly no avatar having alt accounts coming in and praising an act of forgiveness from black Christians towards white murderous pigs and their justice system conspirators who help them evade justice while giving no consideration to wider societal implications of the outcome of the trial nor the current media narrative and how it all further bolsters white supremacy.

It's the perfect storm of racist shitposting troll brigading bullshit and you're all just fucking paralyzed from doing anything about it because you can't risk just seeing it for what it is. What a wonderfully enlightening experience this thread has been.

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017

Are you being serious with this bs? She fucking shot him and then didn't lift a finger to help him. she seriously watched as he drowned in his own blood and his heart gave out and all she cared about was herself in that moment. She has not shown one once of contrition even her fake ass crying during the trial she made it all about her not the dead human beings life she cut short because of her actions.

The road to redemption starts with actually admitting that the guilty party did something wrong which she herself hasn't or she would have pleaded guilty in the first place. Shes a selfish, murdering,racist, liar who did not deserve the care and affection she was shown in court.

YesNoMaybeSo

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2019
PA, USA
It's impressive that he could forgive so.

Is it?

I don't know, I'm happy that he's able to let it go, but I tend to look at forgiveness under religious reasoning the same as I do giving to charity under religious reasoning: because they're taught that they should. I find it's much more admirable and takes far more strength and courage when a person looks and finds it within themselves to forgive for their own reasons instead of due to dogma.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
If this is what he needs to do to help him cope and be at peace then I can't fault him for it, people cope with things in different ways.
This poor man lost his brother, I can't even begin to comprehend his emotions. This is so sad.

I just couldn't do this myself though.

In the aftermath of this case, and the fact that people are crying tears over this woman and none for the victim, and the fact that black people are now being guilted for not being pious negroes in tge face of a society that wouldn't stop killing us if we were all perfect, I don't care what it seems like to you.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Forgiveness is bullshit if it is called upon as an obligation and not an act of grace. The idea that someone deserves forgiveness on the most basic acts of contrition is doubly bullshit. Asking Demanding forgiveness from those who were not the harmed party is triply bullshit.

If the family believes this is part of the healing process and find this will help them come to grips with the fate before them, I cannot hold their act against them. But I will never fail to judge harshly those who believe this how violent racism must be responded to in public.

I agree!

I hope people don't look at this as an example of how we should react to people like this. The optics on this will be used to make us look bad in the future for not forgiving fucked up people.

Too late.

Even here people are weaponizing it

This is so fucked up and sad!

Edit - Made post clearer.

Last edited:

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the moderation team can't do jack shit about these low post count mostly no avatar having alt accounts coming in and praising an act of forgiveness from black Christians towards white murderous pigs and their justice system conspirators who help them evade justice while giving no consideration to wider societal implications of the outcome of the trial nor the current media narrative and how it all further bolsters white supremacy.

It's the perfect storm of racist shitposting troll brigading bullshit and you're all just fucking paralyzed from doing anything about it because you can't risk just seeing it for what it is. What a wonderfully enlightening experience this thread has been.

PREACH

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wow! Very inspirational. I'm definitely not crying....
That mans capacity for love, and forgiveness In the face of such overwhelming grief and darkness is inspirational.
The Judge hugging her though.....seemed political and over the top. Especially the handing of a bible to her.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I "love" all this talk about "consumed by hatred" like if life was a videogame or a superhero movie. People don't even know what the fuck are they talking about.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel like I'm in a position to judge or criticize this young man's griefing process. If this helps him personally than good for him. However, to everyone else commenting on this I would say that if you wouldn't also be supportive and okay had he spit in her face out of anger then you should just shut the fuck about all of this and definitely not give praise as if this is some ideal way of reacting.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Some things are not worth the mental gymnastics required to reward the murderer of your own brother with forgiveness

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

'It was a mistake'

Man you lot are something else, I swear to God..

Nov 1, 2017
'It was a mistake'

Man you lot are something else, I swear to God..
Especially when by her own admission it wasn't a mistake. Being at the wrong apartment was a mistake. Deciding that the person inside broke into your home with their own decorations to watch tv and eat ice cream and then deciding to shoot them, despite external clues further illustrating it's not your place was completely intentional.

Dec 31, 2017
a non white person would not get this forgiveness and positive news coverage more likely than not - fucked
that short of a sentence - fucked
people dragging the dude like he must conduct way certain way or else even though personally I would want to see 300 percent more contrition if I was in that situation -- fucked
people dragging anyone who doesn't react like the dude and trying to hold him up as how all victims and familes of victims should react - fucked

no one is ready for this

Yep the level of fuckery is complex in this situation.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
a

a0224974-a718-4a50-8716-a355b0164867_750x422.jpg

f8069456-76e5-4e1e-bf71-44d7e4f356ad_750x422.jpg

a076d22e-6336-4d95-84d9-e493f9c6641f_750x422.jpg
EF01dWeXoAAajn_

EF02Zj8WkAE_BK-

I don't feel like I'm in a position to judge or criticize this young man's griefing process. If this helps him personally than good for him. However, to everyone else commenting on this I would say that if you wouldn't also be supportive and okay had he spit in her face out of anger then you should just shut the fuck about all of this and definitely not give praise as if this is some ideal way of reacting.

Yup. Eric Garner's widow said she would never accept an apology from the cop who shot her husband, and similar to this case, she said that fairly soon after that happened. I don't know what she feels now, but that's beside the point - these posters are talking of redemption after Guyger plead 'not guilty' and got 10 years. I can only wonder if these posters who praise Brandt would wag their fingers at Esaw Garner.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing Concerns on Racism and Inflammatory Community Attacks Over Multiple Posts; Prior Severe Ban for Excusing Racism and Trolling
Are you being serious with this bs? She fucking shot him and then didn't lift a finger to help him. she seriously watched as he drowned in his own blood and his heart gave out and all she cared about was herself in that moment. She has not shown one once of contrition even her fake ass crying during the trial she made it all about her not the dead human beings life she cut short because of her actions.

The road to redemption starts with actually admitting that the guilty party did something wrong which she herself hasn't or she would have pleaded guilty in the first place. Shes a selfish, murdering,racist, liar who did not deserve the care and affection she was shown in court.

A lot of people do weird shit when in shock. I think had the 911 operator told her to give first aid she'd have tried more than holding his hand and talking to him.

If she feels she made a mistake, I'm not sure what she can do beyond what the apologizing she has already done. I haven't seen anything besides stupid social media stuff to show she's a hateful racist murderer, but this is Resetera. All I can say is I'm glad the people who post such hate in threads like these are mostly inconsequential in the real world. By that I just mean, not in a position to actually influence the lives of others with their hatred.

As for being deserving of the care and affection she was shown, well that's not really for you or I to decide, that was up to his brother and we can't say he made a wrong decision for himself. Speaking of being a selfish piece of shit, I think it's pretty selfish to think your own feelings and opinions outweigh or are more valid than someone actually involved in the situation and trying to overcome it. And that's the fact of the matter whether he walked up and gave her a hug or spit in her face. Whatever helps him is not for me to criticize.

Last edited:

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
If she feels she made a mistake, I'm not sure what she can do beyond what the apologizing she has already done. I haven't seen anything besides stupid social media stuff to show she's a hateful racist murderer, but this is Resetera. All I can say is I'm glad the people who post such hate in threads like these are mostly inconsequential in the real world. By that I just mean, not in a position to actually influence the lives of others with their hatred.

?????

So we're supposed to turn a blind eye to things?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The brother does whatever helps him, but the judge is disgusting and this should be a disqualifying professional fault, honestly.

Regardless of what the brother felt he needed to do, I hate the conversation surrounding this. It's like that one black guy who took upon himself to educate Nazis, to debatable results IIRC. It creates entirely unreasonable standards of behavior expected from the victims, telling them how nice they should be to their oppressors. This ultimately gives covers to oppressors, and is part and parcel of white supremacy. To exist, white supremacy needs that kind of heightened scrutiny towards victims.

FWIW, I don't think this makes the brother "better" or "good", he just does what he needs to do. Conversely, someone who would have been less graceful wouldn't be bad or worse.

edit: also, anyone who ascribes this to "she made a mistake" is 100% a supporter of white supremacy, willingly or not.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad you think cops should continue to get slaps on the wrists for all the black lives they continue to "mistakenly" take. It's great that you have your priorities straight when it comes to the ones whose lives matter the most compared to the awful, hateful ResetEra hivemind.

And you're right, that stupid social media stuff sure is inane. She's not hateful or racist at all, we even saw that she had some black friends on the witness stand.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I don't like it, but the family should do whatever they feel will get them through this tragedy. Fuck the judge and the cop that was stroking Guyger's hair though

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If my sister was killed by a negligent police officer that not even tried to plead guilty and sentenced for 10 years... I would think she doesn't need my forgiveness, because it was clear she received enough forgiveness from justice.

But props to the dude, to be able to do it and move on.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen anything besides stupid social media stuff to show she's a hateful racist murderer, but this is Resetera.
What the FUCK is this bullshit? To show that she's a hateful racist murderer?
MOTHERFUCKER! SHE KILLED THE MAN IN COLD BLOOD! IN HIS OWN FLAT FOR FUCKS SAKE!
Imagine having the fucking gall to even write this racist shit. ''But this is Resetera" fuck off with this shit.

Last edited:

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If she feels she made a mistake, I'm not sure what she can do beyond what the apologizing she has already done. I haven't seen anything besides stupid social media stuff to show she's a hateful racist murderer, but this is Resetera.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but it seems like instead of explaining why you think these text messages and social media posts - especially with her being a police officer - don't mean anything, you want to make meta-commentary about the community here.

IAll I can say is I'm glad the people who post such hate in threads like these are mostly inconsequential in the real world. By that I just mean, not in a position to actually influence the lives of others with their hatred.

I cannot believe you literally said this with a straight face while posted above you and discussed in the news cycle the text messages and social media of a racist individual who had the power to influence lives as a police officer and took an innocent one. That is a genuine, concrete example of how hatred has been manifested in the real world.

'ResetEra' is not going on a witch hunt to dig up her posts, they were discussed in court.

Jurors were shown three Pinterest posts that Guyger had saved to her account and commented on. They included the picture of a military sniper with text that read: "Stay low, go fast; kill first, die last; one shot, one kill; no luck, all skill."

In another Pinterest post, Guyger commented under a picture of a Minion from the movie "Despicable Me": "People are so ungrateful. No one ever thanks me for having the patience not to kill them," the comment read.

New texts were also shown to jurors between Guyger and her married work partner, Officer Martin Rivera, with whom she had been having an affair. Prosecutors had revealed their sexually explicit texts during the trial, although the defense downplayed them, saying the two were already "ramping down" their relationship by the time the shooting occurred.

Rivera texted to Guyger in March 2018: "Damn I was at this area with 5 different black officers !!! Not racist but damn."

She responded: "Not racist but just have a different way of working and it shows."

Guyger texted with another officer last year about the Martin Luther King Jr. parade in Dallas.

"When does this end lol," the officer wrote to Guyger.

"When MLK is dead … oh wait …," she joked.

Two days before Guyger fatally shot Jean, she texted with someone who had adopted a German Shepherd.

The dog's owner wrote of the animal: "Although she may be racist."

Guyger responded, "It's okay ... I'm the same," and later added: "I hate everything and everyone but y'all."

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people do weird shit when in shock. I think had the 911 operator told her to give first aid she'd have tried more than holding his hand and talking to him.

As for being deserving of the care and affection she was shown, well that's not really for you or I to decide, that was up to his brother and we can't say he made a wrong decision for himself. Speaking of being a selfish piece of shit, I think it's pretty selfish to think your own feelings and opinions outweigh or are more valid than someone actually involved in the situation and trying to overcome it. And that's the fact of the matter whether he walked up and gave her a hug or spit in her face. Whatever helps him is not for me to criticize.
That doublespeak where you qualify dissent as hatred while defending a murderer in blue is disgusting, and you're part of the reason this things keep happening.
But hey, keep tone policing everyone and defending racist murderers.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad you think cops should continue to get slaps on the wrists for all the black lives they continue to "mistakenly" take. It's great that you have your priorities straight when it comes to the ones whose lives matter the most compared to the awful, hateful ResetEra hivemind.

And you're right, that stupid social media stuff sure is inane. She's not hateful or racist at all, we even saw that she had some black friends on the witness stand.

LOL

Where did I say or imply anything close to this? I can't think of a racially motivated police killing where I haven't been on the victims side. And even wanna be police scumbags like George Zimmerman or Michael Drejka more recently. I'm not even on her side here, she deserved to be found guilty for killing him and she got the sentence I felt she deserved. How the fuck is 10 years in Texas prison a slap on the wrist?

I feel much better about the jury and judge and victims family agreeing with me than I would the "hivemind" here that you speak of.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I feel much better about the jury and judge and victims family agreeing with me than I would the "hivemind" here that you speak of.
Since when does the family agree with you? You mean the mother and father who say there will be "consequences" for what the brother did? For the sister who testified the way she did? Or are you just talking about the brother who wishes she didn't go to prison at all?
I'm not even on her side here, she deserved to be found guilty for killing him and she got the sentence I felt she deserved. How the fuck is 10 years in Texas prison a slap on the wrist?
If Botham had gone into Guyger's apartment out of nowhere, and shot her immediately while she was eating ice cream on a couch, do you think Botham would have gotten 10 years?

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure he could have, so long as there were similar circumstances. Does he get the same jury and judge? Such a hypothetical is not even worth giving serious thought.