• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even care if they never follow up on that cliffhanger, I just want an X continuation because the world design and exploration are by far the best in the series

Don't blue ball me here MonolithSoft

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 could (and probably will) bring all three games together. Though, after Future Connected I want more in that setting and Melia as the protagonist. If 3 has another boring ass boy/man protagonist I'll riot.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 could (and probably will) bring all three games together. Though, after Future Connected I want more in that setting and Melia as the protagonist. If 3 has another boring ass boy/man protagonist I'll riot.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if the cast of Xenoblade 1 got to enjoy their time off at long last. Melia finally got her big, fat W at the end of FC and thus all have earned their time off at this point.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
X has to be an alternate universe to XC1 and XC2 because the fate of the Earth is different. Xenosaga and XC2 establish infinite parallel universes, though, and they could interact.

One of the big plot developments of the game is that there's a pressing need to find a piece of NLA that fell off during entry called the Lifehold, since that holds the actual flesh-and-blood bodies of the citizens of NLA that the Mimesomes operate through a wireless connection, since the entire plan of the Ganglion is to wipe out humanity once and for all. One major character betrayal, literal Deus Ex Machina and all kinds of Xeno-related insanity come to pass and the forces of NLA are triumphant, ready to make their new home on Mira a better place.

...until the post-credits scene happens, in which Elma explores the ruins of the Lifehold with an expedition team, to come to a shocking revelation: every single human being on board has been dead for a long time, which means there's something else out there that kept their consciousnesses alive all this time.
Close, but not quite.

The Lifehold didn't contain their bodies. The plan was to clone their bodies using human DNA goo, which is one thing Lao was upset about (violating the sanctity of the human body). The Lifehold was a big computer that stored the humans' consciousnesses, which were remotely operating the mimesomes from the Lifehold. They needed to find the Lifehold before it lost power because if it did their consciousnesses would be wiped and they'd die. After the credits, Elma discovers that the Lifehold was destroyed in the crash and everyone should already be dead.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Takahashi fetish that he will not give any proper end.

We were lucky Xeno2 just another shonen harem and Xenosaga got axed mercilessly.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if the cast of Xenoblade 1 got to enjoy their time off at long last. Melia finally got her big, fat W at the end of FC and thus all have earned their time off at this point.
Eh, Future Connected showcased the huge gulf in storytelling and character writing since XBC first launched on the Wii. I would also like to see Sharla and Fiora also be more fleshed out as characters.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
It's Takahashi fetish that he will not give any proper end.

We were lucky Xeno2 just another shonen harem and Xenosaga got axed mercilessly.
XC2 told a great story, fleshed out its characters really well, and brought back the Greek gnosticism and Jungian psychology from XG and XS and brought back more concepts from those games. XC1 and XC2 both got satisfactory ends with room for continuation. Future Connected was made specifically to tease the future of the series.

Takahashi: "With Future Connected, we're able to draw in those who've already played Xenoblade Chronicles; moreover, there's details there that connect to the future of Xenoblade. So we created it for two and a half reasons. Another rationale being we had an unused map from the main game, the Bionis' shoulder, which was appropriate for the setting."

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Eh, Future Connected showcased the huge gulf in storytelling and character writing since XBC first launched on the Wii. I would also like to see Sharla and Fiora also be more fleshed out as characters.
there was more character development in the ~3 hours of FC than all of XC1

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Really showed how much the writing team has grown since that game. I know 2 gets a lot of guff for the tropey stuff, but the actual character writing is honestly really damn good.
I agree, the main villains of 2 squash any character from 1. The main party could still use more work but nia and zeke were better than the characters of 1 as well.

I agree, the main villains of 2 squash any character from 1. The main party could still use more work but nia and zeke were better than the characters of 1 as well.
I think it's more of a consistency problem between the different writing teams. I actually thought that the entire cast came off really great all around in the heart-to-hearts, but that also involved some wonky stuff like Rex in the heart-to-hearts being a lot more mature for his age than in the main plot, or Tora's emotional growth being more prevalent in those scenes rather than the main plot, which cedes a lot of that development to Poppi more often than not. It's a smaller-scale version of the problem they ran into with X, where the side content is so engrossing and captivating from start to finish while the main story feels like it was caught in first gear until the last couple of chapters.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I felt the only characters in 1 that got any real development were Shulk and Melia. Pretty much every character in 2 got more development, including the blades.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I would be interested to see how they'd connect X to the other 2 games considering how different their backstories are.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
I hope X and the numbered games stay disconnected outside of fun fanservice stuff like the XC2 DLC, having two different Earths rubs me the wrong way

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I wouldn't say the fog beasts are like the tainted, though they are very similar to the gnosis. haven't played soma bringer so I don't know about that
I always assumed the Vita is what was causing the Tainted, because they only appear in the area directly around where it crashed. And Elma comments about the oppressive feeling it gives off and that it's made with Dark Matter, which is another thing that's never brought up again.

Didn't they expand on Elma's backstory in her DLC for Xenoblade 2?
Not really. She vaguely mentions her mysterious partner again, but nothing really new.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
I always assumed the Vita is what was causing the Tainted, because they only appear in the area directly around where it crashed. And Elma comments about the oppressive feeling it gives off and that it's made with Dark Matter, which is another thing that's never brought up again.
I thought so too, I don't see how this is like the fog beasts or gnosis though which appear to be interdimensional (or intradimensional with gnosis)

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
another aspect of Xeno X i'm wondering about is

the original Samaarians and the other alien race that was fighting the Ganglion when they destroyed Earth.
the first one suggests that those Samaarians came from a different universe and way into the past and were humans or of human origin. i never picked that up when i first played the game but i did a replay this year and that part jumped out to me because it seemed like that could have been one of the things that happened as consequence of the events in Xenoblade 2 that made the multiple universes (that bit where different parts of earth got thrown to different planes of existence when the Conduit was activated)
about the other alien race, we never got any info but there must be a reason they wanted to destroy the Ganglion, especially after knowing the Ganglion's origins.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
another aspect of Xeno X i'm wondering about is

the original Samaarians and the other alien race that was fighting the Ganglion when they destroyed Earth.
the first one suggests that those Samaarians came from a different universe and way into the past and were humans or of human origin. i never picked that up when i first played the game but i did a replay this year and that part jumped out to me because it seemed like that could have been one of the things that happened as consequence of the events in Xenoblade 2 that made the multiple universes (that bit where different parts of earth got thrown to different planes of existence when the Conduit was activated)
about the other alien race, we never got any info but there must be a reason they wanted to destroy the Ganglion, especially after knowing the Ganglion's origins.
The ganglion appeared to be planet conquerors with them taking over Wroth and just messed with the wrong people. My theory is that GHOST were the ones to bring the war to Earth knowing human DNA dissolves ganglions.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for a possible Xenoblade 3 that addresses the mysteries of the rift and the Fog King. I just don't think it's fair to leave the X fans hanging for even longer.

It isn't fair but it wouldn't be the first game that ends with loose ends taking too long(if ever) to get resolved, looking back they probably should've had it to be more self-contained, with Future Connected it made more sense to do it because at that point it was clear the series was still moving forward.

I always thought X was part of its own canon? I don't think they are going to address that unless there is another game in that universe or a remaster comes out that has an expansion or something.

It is but people seem to be desperate to find a connection with the other two as a hope that it'll be brought back.

After Xenoblade 2 and DE sold over 1.3 million copies, the money excuse doesn't really work anymore. A better excuse would be that they are too busy working on other stuff.

The game likely still costs the same to bring to Switch, it's about diminishing returns not having spare money to burn.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
It is but people seem to be desperate to find a connection with the other two as a hope that it'll be brought back.
From a recent interview (source)
Takahashi: From the beginning, each entry in the Xenoblade Chronicles series has depicted a single episode within the flow of a larger time and space. So they are, at their roots, closely connected with each other, but we're flexible with changing the means and ways in which we depict this in each entry.

Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are like two sides of the same coin which might be why it feels like the connection between them seems to be particularly standing out.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
So? He strictly mentions XC and XC2, if that changes in the future it's still up in the air like he said right there, currently there's no connection between X and the other two.
He said each entry in the series is connected, but the largest connection seems to be between 1 and 2. Not that the only connection is between 1 and 2.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
One of the big plot developments of the game is that there's a pressing need to find a piece of NLA that fell off during entry called the Lifehold, since that holds the actual flesh-and-blood bodies of the citizens of NLA that the Mimesomes operate through a wireless connection, since the entire plan of the Ganglion is to wipe out humanity once and for all. One major character betrayal, literal Deus Ex Machina and all kinds of Xeno-related insanity come to pass and the forces of NLA are triumphant, ready to make their new home on Mira a better place.

...until the post-credits scene happens, in which Elma explores the ruins of the Lifehold with an expedition team, to come to a shocking revelation: every single human being on board has been dead for a long time, which means there's something else out there that kept their consciousnesses alive all this time.
I was pretty captivated by the other fact: People cannot seem to leave Mira even if they want to. I really wanted some resolutions to what the fuck is up with Mira...a lot of world building seems to hint it's been inhabited many many times before.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
He isn't, but then brings up those two and doesn't mention X at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nah, he clearly is talking about the whole franchise. He states that the most obvious connection to people is XC1 and XC2 because they're happening at the same time in two different universes.

His explanation about the multiverse and all the games being "closely connected" doesn't make sense if the only connection to be made is between XC1 and XC2. Obviously he's talking about all Xenoblade games present and future, and this includes XCX.

After all, this is the guy (with help of others) who brought us Perfect Works. I can't wait to see how they'll tie them all.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
It needs quite a bit more than a higher rendering resolution, to put it mildly. At a bare minimum, it's going to a completely new HUD since they don't have a GamePad to offload all map duties onto.

not really. You could play the game on the game pad soyou could keep that as is.

there are a lot of big changes needed though, especially related to what counts as a main path quest, and reworking the whole character affinity system to make all the most interesting content more accessible

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Nah, he clearly is talking about the whole franchise. He states that the most obvious connection to people is XC1 and XC2 because they're happening at the same time in two different universes.

His explanation about the multiverse and all the games being "closely connected" doesn't make sense if the only connection to be made is between XC1 and XC2. Obviously he's talking about all Xenoblade games present and future, and this includes XCX.

After all, this is the guy (with help of others) who brought us Perfect Works. I can't wait to see how they'll tie them all.

I'm still not seeing it, it's weird he left it out if that were the case even when he brought up the obvious case of XC and XC2. It feels vague at best.

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
He isn't, but then brings up those two and doesn't mention X at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Took me a while to find it because I couldn't remember where I read it, but Tetsuya Takahashi kinda hinted Xeno X was loosely connected to the original Xenoblade in some form in an interview before X was released:

www.gameinformer.com

Xenoblade's Director Talks Witcher 3, Zelda Wii U, And His Favorite RPGs

Acclaimed JRPG director Tetsuya Takahashi discusses his desire for harsh criticism and the influences of MMO combat.

Tetsuya Takahashi said:
It seemed as though this project was announced by Iwata as a completely new game series, so why did you retroactively make this part of the Xenoblade line?
Tetsuya Takahashi: So as it turns out, the idea of it being part of "Xeno" was always there. I have to clarify a little bit because not in the sense that it's a sequel to the previous game but rather it is a new series that is still "Xeno". That's how I was thinking of it.

Does Xenoblade Chronicles X have the same level of connection to Xenoblade Chronicles as say between a Xenogears and a Xenosaga?
Takahashi: It's maybe even a little more loosely connected than that, but yes there are a few links that you might be able to pick up on.

I think what he means by "more loosely" is how Xenosaga had characters that were literally designed the same as Xenogears (Abel/Fei, Nephilim/Elly, Ramsus/Wilhelm etc), so the connections between Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 1 are even more obscure (Especially since they all take place in entirely different universes). You see references/hints to the first game all over the place, mostly through side quests and listening to Nopon lore (There's one that mentions something that sounds super similar to the Zohar/Conduit, and the ancient people who once lived on Mira losing control of it). There's also objects from Shulk's world that you find in the collectopedia (Namely a statue of the Bionis and Mechonis fighting, and the gem crafting machine), Tatsu referencing Frontier Village and "hom hom" (Mentioned not just at the end of the game, but also in the short stories found on the Japanese website (And fan translated)). The Telethia is also not native to Mira, as hinted at through the "A Fateful Choice" quest. Honestly, a lot of the world building is hidden away in the side quests, so if someone skips those they're missing out on a lot of important information.

He (Tetsuya Takahashi) even kinda said the same thing before Xeno 2 came out as well, how Xeno 2 was loosely connected to Xeno 1, but they take place at a different "time and space" or something. I tried to find that interview but haven't been able to find it so far.

At the end of the day, nobody can really say for sure I suppose. I can admit it's possible it's not connected and it's just it's own thing, but I feel there's more evidence piling up showing X is connected in some form to the other games, but I can't definitively prove it either. But nobody can really prove it isn't connected as well. For now, I think it's more fun to look for those connections than just outright dismissing the idea.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Took me a while to find it because I couldn't remember where I read it, but Tetsuya Takahashi kinda hinted Xeno X was loosely connected to the original Xenoblade in some form in an interview before X was released:

www.gameinformer.com

Acclaimed JRPG director Tetsuya Takahashi discusses his desire for harsh criticism and the influences of MMO combat.

I think what he means by "more loosely" is how Xenosaga had characters that were literally designed the same as Xenogears (Abel/Fei, Nephilim/Elly, Ramsus/Wilhelm etc), so the connections between Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 1 are even more obscure (Especially since they all take place in entirely different universes). You see references/hints to the first game all over the place, mostly through side quests and listening to Nopon lore (There's one that mentions something that sounds super similar to the Zohar/Conduit, and the ancient people who once lived on Mira losing control of it). There's also objects from Shulk's world that you find in the collectopedia (Namely a statue of the Bionis and Mechonis fighting, and the gem crafting machine), Tatsu referencing Frontier Village and "hom hom" (Mentioned not just at the end of the game, but also in the short stories found on the Japanese website (And fan translated)).

He even kinda said the same thing before Xeno 2 came out as well, how Xeno 2 was loosely connected to Xeno 1, but they take place at a different "time and space" or something. I tried to find that interview but haven't been able to find it so far.

At the end of the day, nobody can really say for sure I suppose. I can admit it's possible it's not connected and it's just it's own thing, but I feel there's more evidence piling up showing X is connected in some form to the other games, but I can't definitively prove it either. But nobody can really prove it isn't connected as well. For now, I think it's more fun to look for those connections than just outright dismissing the idea.

It reads like he's talking to a different kind of connection in the more recent interview.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
being "more loosely" connected than gears/saga doesn't fare well for any direct connection with X and 1/2, this was years ago and stuff might change though

Nov 17, 2017
There's a ton of potential in a follow up to Xenoblade X and I'm not just talking about the twist cliffhanger at the very end. There are so many things brought up through the sidequests and world building that present many many opportunities. Yelv and the J-Bodies + what that means for your Avatar, Elma's partner, the Ghost civilization, the Samaar Federation, Mira apparently existing in a pocket dimension, the transmissions that suggest other ark ships from Earth might have survived, Lao and the Dark Knight, Tatsu talking about the Bionis and more. It's kind of bonkers how much content is there if you do the sidequests. I think just the fact that the events on Mira exist in a greater context of this huge intergalactic war is really intriguing and I hope they follow up on the game in some way. There's so many directions they could go.

Plus, the customization focused gameplay and sidequest/exploration of X just offers something different from the linear, story focused style of the numbered games and I want to experience more of it. In my ideal world, they'd alternate between both styles. Do an X2 and then do a Xenoblade 3. To be honest, I don't really have a strong desire for the games to all come together. I don't think Elma, Shulk and Rex need to meet up and fight a common enemy outside of DLC fanservice stuff. A confirmation that the games are technically connected somehow or even a timeline would be cool but I like the cast of characters to stay in their own dimensions and timelines.

I think what he means by "more loosely" is how Xenosaga had characters that were literally designed the same as Xenogears (Abel/Fei, Nephilim/Elly, Ramsus/Wilhelm etc), so the connections between Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 1 are even more obscure (Especially since they all take place in entirely different universes). You see references/hints to the first game all over the place, mostly through side quests and listening to Nopon lore (There's one that mentions something that sounds super similar to the Zohar/Conduit, and the ancient people who once lived on Mira losing control of it). There's also objects from Shulk's world that you find in the collectopedia (Namely a statue of the Bionis and Mechonis fighting, and the gem crafting machine), Tatsu referencing Frontier Village and "hom hom" (Mentioned not just at the end of the game, but also in the short stories found on the Japanese website (And fan translated)).

He even kinda said the same thing before Xeno 2 came out as well, how Xeno 2 was loosely connected to Xeno 1, but they take place at a different "time and space" or something. I tried to find that interview but haven't been able to find it so far.

There's also Telethia the Endbringer and how it came from a different dimension which is a weird thing to even mention about it when they could just say nothing and you could just say it's a reference and nothing more.

After Xenoblade 2, my theory is
when Klaus fucked with the Conduit and people got flung into different dimensions, one of those dimensions was the X dimension and those people became the Samaarians. It links up since Luxaar states the Samaarians came from another dimension at the dawn of the cosmos. The Conduit is probably related to all the dimensional abnormalities of Mira too. Stuff from Shulk's universe could just be randomly pulled into Mira. I think at the end of the day, I'd like that to be the deepest connection - connect them in that way and just leave it at that. Let them otherwise function as separate.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
There's a ton of potential in a follow up to Xenoblade X and I'm not just talking about the twist cliffhanger at the very end. There are so many things brought up through the sidequests and world building that present many many opportunities. Yelv and the J-Bodies + what that means for your Avatar, Elma's partner, the Ghost civilization, the Samaar Federation, Mira apparently existing in a pocket dimension, the transmissions that suggest other ark ships from Earth might have survived, Lao and the Dark Knight, Tatsu talking about the Bionis and more. It's kind of bonkers how much content is there if you do the sidequests. I think just the fact that the events on Mira exist in a greater context of this huge intergalactic war is really intriguing and I hope they follow up on the game in some way. There's so many directions they could go.
they should just can Cross and make Yelv the MC

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
being "more loosely" connected than gears/saga doesn't fare well for any direct connection with X and 1/2, this was years ago and stuff might change though
Yeah, it's possible. It's possible it was meant to be on it's own in the beginning, with all the references to the first game just being simple Easter eggs, and they're retconning it to be connected (Starting with Xeno 2 I guess?). I won't say it being connected is a fact, but I feel there's a lot of things pointing to that being the case. Given that Xenoblade is a relatively new series, it's hard to really say one way or another until we get more new games.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

www.gameinformer.com

I think what he means by "more loosely" is how Xenosaga had characters that were literally designed the same as Xenogears (Abel/Fei, Nephilim/Elly, Ramsus/Wilhelm etc), so the connections between Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 1 are even more obscure (Especially since they all take place in entirely different universes). You see references/hints to the first game all over the place, mostly through side quests and listening to Nopon lore (There's one that mentions something that sounds super similar to the Zohar/Conduit, and the ancient people who once lived on Mira losing control of it). There's also objects from Shulk's world that you find in the collectopedia (Namely a statue of the Bionis and Mechonis fighting, and the gem crafting machine), Tatsu referencing Frontier Village and "hom hom" (Mentioned not just at the end of the game, but also in the short stories found on the Japanese website (And fan translated)). The Telethia is also not native to Mira, as hinted at through the "A Fateful Choice" quest. Honestly, a lot of the world building is hidden away in the side quests, so if someone skips those they're missing out on a lot of important information.

He (Tetsuya Takahashi) even kinda said the same thing before Xeno 2 came out as well, how Xeno 2 was loosely connected to Xeno 1, but they take place at a different "time and space" or something. I tried to find that interview but haven't been able to find it so far.

Well, Xenosaga and Xenogears were strongly connected in the way that Xenosaga was an alternate-universe prequel to Xenogears and the plan for Xenosaga, had it continued, was to remake Xenogears in this universe.

X is similarly set in an alternate universe to the numbered games, but it has less of a connection than Saga had to Gears because X and the numbered games take place simultaneously in their respective universes and they're not gonna make a sequel to X that's a remake of XC2 or something like that.

Xenogears, Xenosaga, XC1 and 2, and X are all basically parallel universes showing the same events with minor or major differences. It could be leading to the Xenoblade equivalent of Xenosaga. XC1 and 2 basically show what happened to Lost Jerusalem and tell the story from the Earth's perspective. X is an alternate universe take on the beginning of humanity's exile in space after Earth becomes lost.

What if XC3 was about humans who were in space for the thousands of years after Klaus destroyed the Earth rediscovering it?

Last edited:

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
I'm still not seeing it, it's weird he left it out if that were the case even when he brought up the obvious case of XC and XC2. It feels vague at best.
It's pretty easy: He is answering a question about the connection between XC1 and XC2 because the change on Alvis necklace. Also he says "each entry in the Xenoblade Chronicles series", and XCX is an entry of the XC series. It's implicitly stated. He didn't have to enumerate all the instalment in the series to make the point, but you can read between the lines.

He first makes a general statement about the whole series being closely connected (even if they're not sure how they'll show this to us in the next games) and after that, he goes in detail about the interviewer question regarding XC1 and XC2 (Alvis connection).

Like I said before, it doesn't make sense to speak about connections in the series (closely connected with each other) if there's only one (XC1 and XC2).

I suppose we'll have to wait some years to be sure... :P

Last edited:
not really. You could play the game on the game pad soyou could keep that as is.

there are a lot of big changes needed though, especially related to what counts as a main path quest, and reworking the whole character affinity system to make all the most interesting content more accessible
You can play the whole game on the GamePad precisely because you need to switch between TV and Off TV play to see the map in the first place. And that's the problem.

Muras

Oct 28, 2017

Plus, the customization focused gameplay and sidequest/exploration of X just offers something different from the linear, story focused style of the numbered games and I want to experience more of it. In my ideal world, they'd alternate between both styles. Do an X2 and then do a Xenoblade 3. To be honest, I don't really have a strong desire for the games to all come together. I don't think Elma, Shulk and Rex need to meet up and fight a common enemy outside of DLC fanservice stuff. A confirmation that the games are technically connected somehow or even a timeline would be cool but I like the cast of characters to stay in their own dimensions and timelines.

There's also Telethia the Endbringer and how it came from a different dimension which is a weird thing to even mention about it when they could just say nothing and you could just say it's a reference and nothing more.

After Xenoblade 2, my theory is
when Klaus fucked with the Conduit and people got flung into different dimensions, one of those dimensions was the X dimension and those people became the Samaarians. It links up since Luxaar states the Samaarians came from another dimension at the dawn of the cosmos. The Conduit is probably related to all the dimensional abnormalities of Mira too. Stuff from Shulk's universe could just be randomly pulled into Mira. I think at the end of the day, I'd like that to be the deepest connection - connect them in that way and just leave it at that. Let them otherwise function as separate.

Yeah, I edited my post before you posted yours, but I mentioned the Telethia thing too. I think it's possible that...

When there was Telethia flying into the rift during the ending of Future Connected, one of those Telethia ended up on Mira. And yeah, Klaus even says many people and things were thrown into the other worlds.

Luxaar and the Ganglion mention multiple times that Mira is likely the Samaarian home world too. If the Samaarians came from another plane, and it's their home world, then Mira is in a entirely different dimension from where the White Whale originated from. This also lines with with what Professor B says, where he's never heard of a world like Mira, or even the galaxy it's part of (which you also find a hologram of, showing that Mira isn't part of the Milky Way, at the very least). The short stories also explain that Mira just suddenly "appeared" before them, which is partly how they crashed since they were just suddenly within it's gravity well. They were more or less pulled into another dimension at that point, I think.

Well, Xenosaga and Xenogears were strongly connected in the way that Xenosaga was an alternate-universe prequel to Xenogears and the plan for Xenosaga, had it continued, was to remake Xenogears in this universe.

X is similarly set in an alternate universe to the numbered games, but it has less of a connection than Saga had to Gears because X and the numbered games take place simultaneously in their respective universes and they're not gonna make a sequel to X that's a remake of XC2 or something like that.

Xenogears, Xenosaga, XC1 and 2, and X are all basically parallel universes showing the same events with minor or major differences. It could be leading to the Xenoblade equivalent of Xenosaga. XC1 and 2 basically show what happened to Lost Jerusalem and tell the story from the Earth's perspective. X is an alternate universe take on the beginning of humanity's exile in space after Earth becomes lost.

What if XC3 was about humans who were in space for the thousands of years after Claus destroyed the Earth rediscovering it?

Yeah. Although I think the overall events in X are still thousands of years before 1/2's present timeline (But both earth's are destroyed in the same calendar year. X is only 2 years after that while 1 and 2 are presumably thousands of years later). Of course, there could be weird time differentials happening between Mira and the other universes which Professor B kinda mentions too, so who knows. I thought it was kinda weird how the Nopon Sage had to slow time down for Elma when she visited Alrest (I know the DLC might not actually be canon, but it's still a detail the devs decided to put in), while Shulk and Fiora only needed their "spirits" or whatever to cross over.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Although I think the overall events in X are still thousands of years before 1/2's present timeline (But both earth's are destroyed in the same calendar year. X is only 2 years after that while 1 and 2 are presumably thousands of years later). Of course, there could be weird time differentials happening between Mira and the other universes which Professor B kinda mentions too, so who knows. I thought it was kinda weird how the Nopon Sage had to slow time down for Elma when she visited Alrest (I know the DLC might not actually be canon, but it's still a detail the devs decided to put in), while Shulk and Fiora only needed their "spirits" or whatever to cross over.
Yeah, by simultaneous I meant since they showed us what was happening at the same time in both universes, even though for XC1 and 2 that happened thousands of years ago.

Nov 17, 2017
You can play the whole game on the GamePad precisely because you need to switch between TV and Off TV play to see the map in the first place. And that's the problem.
Wouldn't they just need to make the map it's own menu then? Just press a button to bring it up and pause the game (something the game didn't do when you would switch to TV mode to see the map on the gamepad.) Visually, at least, there would be no difference.

Yeah, I edited my post before you posted yours, but I mentioned the Telethia thing too. I think it's possible that...

When there was Telethia flying into the rift during the ending of Future Connected, one of those Telethia ended up on Mira. And yeah, Klaus even says many people and things were thrown into the other worlds.

Luxaar and the Ganglion mention multiple times that Mira is likely the Samaarian home world too. If the Samaarians came from another plane, and it's their home world, then Mira is in a entirely different dimension from where the White Whale originated from. This also lines with with what Professor B says, where he's never heard of a world like Mira, or even the galaxy it's part of (which you also find a hologram of, showing that Mira isn't part of the Milky Way, at the very least). The short stories also explain that Mira just suddenly "appeared" before them, which is partly how they crashed since they were just suddenly within it's gravity well. They were more or less pulled into another dimension at that point, I think.
Yeah there's also a scene where
Goetia mentions to Luxaar how they were warped into Mira (they weren't even chasing the humans at that point it seems - after all it was the Ghosts that crashed the White Whale, not the Ganglion). Plus, you have the Ma-non who were also warped to Mira and didn't come with the Ganglion like the other races - in fact there were there before the Ganglion but after the Nopon. The Conduit could be very easily linked to these dimensional portals pulling people and things into Mira.

IIRC either Yelv or Chaussan's son were going to be the MC originally based off the artbook
Really? I didn't know that. I really wish I had that art book.

In the end, I like Elma being the protagonist. It kind of sounds to me that if that mystery hero that rode the skell with Elma was present, she would have taken a backseat to him.

Wouldn't they just need to make the map it's own menu then? Just press a button to bring it up and pause the game (something the game didn't do when you would switch to TV mode to see the map on the gamepad.) Visually, at least, there would be no difference.
The problem is you kinda need the map to be up at all times to keep track of a lot of stuff, so they would at a minimum need to have some kind of minimap display that the game currently does not have. And that's a problem when the HUD is already designed in a very specific way to not have one.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I mean, probably? I'm pretty sure the amount of people who played Xeno X, let alone finished it is an absolute minority. Developing a new game takes a lot of time and resources, there's probably not a lot of value for them there to invest in X's hooks over the hooks in Chronicles DE or Chronicles 2.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019

This gives me Nier vibes and makes me hope they port it to switch so I can give it a shot.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
The problem is you kinda need the map to be up at all times to keep track of a lot of stuff, so they would at a minimum need to have some kind of minimap display that the game currently does not have. And that's a problem when the HUD is already designed in a very specific way to not have one.
I played many tens of hours of XCX on Gamepad only and it was pretty quick and easy to press a button to change to map and back again. Didn't had the problem you mention.

The only change I'd do to the HUD is to make the text a bit bigger (but not too much).

Nov 17, 2017
What do you need to keep track of at all times on the map? I never felt like I had to constantly look at it. And there is a minimap.

Xenoblade-X_11-12-15.jpg