• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A 54-year-old year man from Boston was on his way to run in the Chicago marathon when he noticed other runners on the train rushing for the exits. Jean Paul LaPierre asked one of the other passengers what was going on and was told that somebody was robbing people at gunpoint in the back of the train.

"I said, 'This doesn't seem like the right way,'" LaPierre told Fox6. "He said, 'No, there's a guy on the train walking around right now, robbing people.' That kind of made me mad."

LaPierre didn't let the encounter with Anderson bother him, and he still managed to run in his 12th Chicago Marathon later that day.

More at: https://www.iheart.com/content/2019...-train-hours-before-running-chicago-marathon/

Do the right thing if old

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, my train line.

The guy seems like he acted nobly but I gotta say his tack did really risk escalating the situation. A bunch of comments are like "nobody was doing anything!" That's probably because there are emergency buttons all over these train cars and they're heavily surveilled and cops were likely already on their way and coordinating with the conductor. Not like there was much of anywhere for the robber to go.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While heroic, extremely stupid and dangerous. Don't ever fucking confront a gunman if you value your life. There's a good chance that he, or perhaps even an innocent bystander, could've gotten shot in the struggle.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha great story. 50 something year old guy from Boston who used to be a boxer and is a black belt in karate...yeah I'm not fucking with that.

Kind of made him mad lol

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Seeing all those people not helping him was pathetic.

Good on that gentleman, though.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
He had a fucking gun you internet tough guy
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you even watch the video? The guy holding the gun was the good guy, you dingus.

Someone should have quickly helped take the gun away from the situation and help the guy restrain him.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
He had him completely disarmed and pinned. Instead of fucking giving him a hand with the situation someone just says "please don't make it worse than is already is". That's sort of depressing although understandable.

Obviously it's extremely dangerous, and going for the gun could have gone horribly wrong, but he seemed more than capable of disarming him apparently.
God take your finger off the trigger *anxiety intensifies
Probably worried the guy would try to take it back while no one was helping him. Definitely scary though, could have gone off.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Hey, my train line.

The guy seems like he acted nobly but I gotta say his tack did really risk escalating the situation. A bunch of comments are like "nobody was doing anything!" That's probably because there are emergency buttons all over these train cars and they're heavily surveilled and cops were likely already on their way and coordinating with the conductor. Not like there was much of anywhere for the robber to go.
In my many years on the NYC subway I feel like if that happened on the MTA it's likely that dude would have been wrestled to the ground by other people if he was disarmed. But it would also depend on the time of day, who's on the train car, etc.

Last edited:

ObbyDent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you even watch the video? The guy holding the gun was the good guy, you dingus.

Someone should have quickly helped take the gun away from the situation and help the guy restrain him.

I know. He still had a gun and had his finger on the trigger. i wouldn't have come near that situation with a ten foot pole.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
User Banned (3 days): Hostility
I know. He still had a gun and had his finger on the trigger. i wouldn't have come near that situation with a ten foot pole.
That says a lot about you then. That guy, by himself is trying to save everyone's life, and you'd just fucking sit there like an idiot, when the other guy is already disarmed and pinned?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Dude chose to seek out and confront an armed robber because he was angry. I do believe most people would not choose to risk their life over that.
He was angry that the gunman was robbing his fellow marathon runners trying to get to the race and decided he would do something about it, seeing that he had the training and experience to take someone down.

Most people would not do that. This guy is a hero.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
That says a lot about you then. That guy, by himself is trying to save everyone's life, and you'd just fucking sit there like an idiot?
If it had already gotten to that point where the robber was restrained and disarmed and I were right there I'd like to think I'd put the safety on or even take the clip out. But any time before? Fuck no I'm not doing anything. The cops are already on their way and the robber has nowhere to go. Escalating a situation with a desperate piece of shit over the $60 in my wallet when dude is already screwed and won't get to keep it would make me a dingus.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Bu-bu-but I thought the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Buzzman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That says a lot about you then. That guy, by himself is trying to save everyone's life, and you'd just fucking sit there like an idiot?
Dude what, he did the exact goddamn opposite. He endangered EVERYONE by escalating the situation. In what world is it safer to fight a robber than to just comply with their demands. Yes, in the end he prevented more people from being robbed, but it did NOT come without an increased risk of harm to him and bystanders.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
If it had already gotten to that point where the robber was restrained and disarmed and I were right there I'd like to think I'd put the safety on or even take the clip out. But any time before? Fuck no I'm not doing anything. The cops are already on their way and the robber has nowhere to go. Escalating a situation with a desperate piece of shit over the $60 in my wallet when dude is already screwed and won't get to keep it would make me a dingus.
Right, I'm talking about once it's gotten to the point in the video. When the guy has him restrained and disarmed, someone should have immediately taken the gun, and others help restrain the guy.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love how he kept escalating what he could do to the guy.

"I'll break your head in one punch"
"I'll hit you 7 times in 3 seconds"
"Black belt in Karate, I'll have no problems breaking your neck"

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
"I can punch you 7 times in 3 seconds."
"Karate"
"I'll snap your neck."
"Jeet kun do"
"Judo"
"Kempo"
"I'll break your head in one punch."
"Sharingan"
"Kage bunshin no jutsu"

This guy wasn't messing around.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"I can punch you 7 times in 3 seconds."
"Karate"
"I'll snap your neck."
"Jeet kun do"
"Judo"
"Kempo"
"I'll break your head in one punch."
"Sharingan"
"Kage bunshin no jutsu"

This guy wasn't messing around.

Clown college bitch, I'll make you laugh your ass clean off

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Good guy without a gun.

Also yeah, that's reckless. I hope I'm never around when someone wants to be a hero. Being robbed is a minor inconvenience when there's a gun in play.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I don't think he did the right thing. The right thing is to run away, push the emergency button and let cops handle. If robbed, just give the guy the money, he'll get arrested at the first station anyways.

This idiot, brave as he is, risked escalating the situation, causing a shooting in a place where a bullet would either impact him or someone around him given how crowded the place was. Americans need to stop celebrating this kind of reckless behaviour, it was the other passengers who did the right thing here.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Making Boston proud. Currently in Chicago too, probably should've checked out local news. Thank god none of his friends tried to do anything, situation could have gotten worse.

After he had the gun I'm pretty sure I would've helped him out, maybe not put the safety on the gun since I've never held one but hold the guy down or something.