• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yado

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus the fight choreography for this anime is trash. They somehow manage to make almost every fight underwhelming, watching two kages fight like two novices is just absurd.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The kage should have some cool fight scenes coming up if they just reuse the movie animation again.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
So, nice chapter. We'll see Hinata in action next week right?

Also and before I forget: Naruto and Sasuke being friends doesn't make sense and Sakura x Sasuke is wrong in so many levels.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kage fight was dumb, animation wise. They could have done more there.

But the rest of the episode was lit.

The additional stuff regarding Boruto and how he views his father was an amazing addition to one of the movie's best moments.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
I consider them friends through mutual respect. Sasuke always looked down at Naruto as lesser than all the way up until the last few fights(including their own) in Shippuden. Naruto made Sasuke respect him, his name, and his ideals.

Today that's the way it is, but let's not forget that 80% of the series was about protecting a friendship that didn't really exist. Naruto says Sasuke was the first one that acknowledged Naruto and that that was the basis of his toxic relationship with Sasuke, yet Iruka, Hinata, Shikamaru, Choji, and even Kiba treated Naruto better than whatever Naruto thought was going on with Sasuke.

That kid that you wanted to become friends with, that always treated you like crap except for that time that he got stuck with you for a couple of days and after that kept showing you the middle finger because he didn't want you to be around... well that's Sasuke.

Last edited:

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Sasuke and Naruto's friendship is established in The Land of Waves arc. It's clear that that was Kishimoto's original trajectory for it to bloom. Sasuke is Vegeta and Naruto is Goku. The problem is that Sasuke got curse sealed right after that and, after the Chuunin Exams, never got to fight alongside his friends again. One of my favorite scenes in the series is when he's consumed by the power of the curse seal, but in order to protect Sakura. THAT shows how he has good intentions, but lets emotion overcome his better judgement.

Naruto's main flaw is banking on its early setup for the majority of the series. The ratio between setup and execution is way, way too skewed for most people to buy. But you can see what they were going for there.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the movie and this week's episode and that scene at the end with Naruto saving everyone hits me right in the gut.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Sasuke and Naruto's friendship is established in The Land of Waves arc. It's clear that that was Kishimoto's original trajectory for it to bloom. Sasuke is Vegeta and Naruto is Goku. The problem is that Sasuke got curse sealed right after that and, after the Chuunin Exams, never got to fight alongside his friends again. One of my favorite scenes in the series is when he's consumed by the power of the curse seal, but in order to protect Sakura. THAT shows how he has good intentions, but lets emotion overcome his better judgement.

Naruto's main flaw is banking on its early setup for the majority of the series. The ratio between setup and execution is way, way too skewed for most people to buy. But you can see what they were going for there.

Sasuke left to early

and man Episode 62 Naruto is so great and it ring tear to my eye see the whole village care about him.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man they could have let the kage fight stay on the cutting floor. This episode was a bit more obvious with inbetween cuts from the movie and then the ass kage fight

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That kid that you wanted to become friends with, that always treated you like crap except for that time that he got stuck with you for a couple of days and after that kept showing you the middle finger because he didn't want you to be around... well that's Sasuke.

I think a big flaw to this is due to the fact that Kishimoto wanted to flesh stuff out more, but had to jump straight into the Chunin Exams. It's implied that Naruto and Sasuke did have a degree of respect (and rivalry) between each other after the Land of Waves missions, and they did complete many missions in between that and the Chunin Exams. It just wasn't shown.

This is an area where Boruto has absolutely surpassed Naruto in. Seeing their growth from academy students to genin all the way to the Chunin exams, with actual missions in between, really helped build everyone's characters and made the moment where Boruto cheated so impactful..

Oct 27, 2017
Good LORD this episode was fuckin good, I don't see all the disappointment for the Kage fight because it was nothing special but it looked much better than the impressions here led me to believe.

The whole village crying out for Naruto, Boruto having flashbacks, and Naruto's smile. For all the kids in Japan who never saw the movie, it probably looks like Naruto died right there and tbh after that I'd believe it

What an episode these past half dozen episodes have fully revitalized my hype for this series for the first time since Nye hot damn y'all

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
remember there is no episode Tomorrow

But I was just getting into it...

tenor.gif

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
after this arc we are basically officially done with Kishi added content and will go to the manga

except the only Kishi left thing is the Kawaki vs Boruto timeskip scene which Kishi thought up in the first place (surprise Konoha being destroyed is a Kishi staple)

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's probably a sticky note in Kishimoto's offices that says "When in doubt, blow up Konoha."

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Finally caught up! Eps 58-62 were pretty damn good. Loved the tournament even if short, the interactions between characters was cool to watch, and Shinji is a motherfucking boss. The iron sand is too op, but in true Anime fashion OPAF powers means nothing to the protags. Except our protag is a cheating little bitch, and deserves everything coming to him. Well not everything. As someone who is doing a bling run with no Manga or Boruto the Movie knowledge, that ending had me shook. I am absolutely in love with Naruto disowning his son of his Shinobi status, and the 1-2 punch of the Ototsuki invasion and his death was fucking WILD. Naruto at least had already dead parents, Boruto having to deal with the death happening live and losing his Ninja status is probably gonna be too much for him. But yeah, breaking him out of his lazy ass prodigy mold is probably for the better. One last thing, despite balls ass fight choreo and the animation not being what it should be for such caliber fights, its still somehow miles better than what DBS gave us. I hope its not ending at 100 or so eps, I need this to become like one piece, where it takes forever to get to the Kawaki Climax.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
I started playing the Ultimate Ninja Storm games. >_>;

I was actually playing the first one too. Pretty weird how they showed the kyubi, then how Naruto became a member of team 7 and then they were like "... just kidding, now Naruto is going to become a Chunin!"

The open world, while cool to explore, is filled with all these annoying tasks like collecting secret scrolls every time you beat a mission. Somebody, please tell me they fixed that in the sequels.

It's weird to say this but the Ubisoft games (Rise of a Ninja and the Broken Bond) are actually better when it comes to missions and exploration, and you had to actually memorize jutsus as well. While the Storm games have a huge cast and a great battle system in general... if we could fuse both series...

What do you think about the next game, everyone? Heard there was a terrible beta but I didn't have the chance to play it myself.

Last edited:

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think about the next game, everyone? Heard there was a terrible beta but I didn't have the chance to play it myself.

Shinobi Strikers? I got a chance to play it during the beta. It's a legitimately fun multiplayer experience, but unfortunately it was ruined by probably the worst beta experience I've ever seen. I only got to play a few matches, and I was apparently one of the lucky ones.

It captures the feeling of being a ninja in a way none of the other games have, however. Wall running + support options are really cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Todays episode was pretty good even if nothing on the action front happened.

I love Sasuke even more than I already did now, I love how he treats the uzumaki boys so much, first with his Naruto and now with his Boruto, perfect 2nd dad for him. And when he gave him his headband (and not Sarada!!! powerful and amazing and awesome).

Also was the ending song rearrangement of a shippuden song?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I loved this week's episode. They played that sad track from when Ryogi and Shikadai were arguing again which made me very happy cause it's really good. And there was some great music towards the end in the Hokage office as well. I loved seeing Boruto get a sense of the damage that was done and further understand the weight on his father's shoulders. Finally, this episode once again made me appreciate how much better Naruto and Sasuke got as characters in their adult versions through the various things that were added to them, especially Naruto who was already my favorite character prior to the beginning of the sequel series but constantly finds ways to make me love him more.
I'm looking forward to the resolution of the conflict in the coming weeks. I'm curious as to whether Katasuke will show up again in this version or not and as to how the fight will be handled with all the participants in this version.