• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
This is really minor but in the movie Naruto asks Hinata to see what Boruto is doing right? I guess Boruto using Purple Lightning is plainly obviously BS to both of them in this version but I did miss that lil interaction
Yeah, just to confirm their was a device under his shirt.

Next episode is going to be fun.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
They hit every note to make that scene more impactful than the movie. Shikadai disgust and Sarada's disappointment was so real. I kinda hope for a couple filler episodes to deal with the fallout like the movie neglected.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This is really minor but in the movie Naruto asks Hinata to see what Boruto is doing right? I guess Boruto using Purple Lightning is plainly obviously BS to both of them in this version but I did miss that lil interaction
yeah instead it seemed that Hinata knew but Naruto went straight to Boruto to confirm

plus Gaara either knew or felt something was wrong due to how Naruto was acting

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Super lols on mitsukis reaction. Also not to fanfic it up but I always felt when boruto knocks his dads hand away and is both furious and completely dejected and isolated, it would have been the perfect time for him to go rogue and leave the leaf village for good. Sasuke finds him along the way, makes a ninja out of him, stuff happens in between, then he comes back like 5 years later not giving a F bout what anyone thinks and strong as hell.

Not that I dislike what's going on in the manga. Still hoping I get some form of skipping town to train and we just get tons of that. Would love it in anime form.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Dang he'd be leaving his peers in quite the state. I'd imagine he's gonna at least make up with his friends after this.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Super lols on mitsukis reaction. Also not to fanfic it up but I always felt when boruto knocks his dads hand away and is both furious and completely dejected and isolated, it would have been the perfect time for him to go rogue and leave the leaf village for good. Sasuke finds him along the way, makes a ninja out of him, stuff happens in between, then he comes back like 5 years later not giving a F bout what anyone thinks and strong as hell.

Not that I dislike what's going on in the manga. Still hoping I get some form of skipping town to train and we just get tons of that. Would love it in anime form.
We'll probably get one right before the time skip.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Props to the anime for making this scene have a much stronger emotional impact compared to the movie and manga. I expect the end of the Chunin Exams to revolve around Boruto making trying to amends to his friends while the manga tries to widen the gap.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Boruto becoming a missing-nin seems to be a popular idea but he doesn't come off as disloyal to Konoha to me, just a bit of a brat

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cool episode. I'm glad we're finally past that point so that we can get a cool Boruto. The moment was done very well in this version.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
We'll probably get one right before the time skip.
let us pray
Boruto becoming a missing-nin seems to be a popular idea but he doesn't come off as disloyal to Konoha to me, just a bit of a brat
I agree but all it takes is a single motivation that sets him off. He clearly has feelings of unworthiness and all that, at least at this point in the anime. I don't think it would have been too farfetched for it to happen at that point. Also, he's not going to become the ninja he wants to be by staying in konoha.

I think people like me just like the idea because 1) it's badass and 2) it's a great typical shounen thing and 3) everyone just wants to watch a lot of training. Like if we got to see what happened between Naruto and Shippuden in a lot of detail.

I honestly view all of Boruto's companions as a crutch for him. If he wants to be the best ninja in the world he needs to break out. But who knows, this aint Naruto and Mitsuki aint Sasuke and Sarada aint Sakura. Their dynamic is pretty different so who knows if they'd ever let him ditch alone lol.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
*looks at Sarada and Sakura

4417921.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Sasuke is cool now but he's not winning any awards for father or person of the year and he had to atone for a lot of fucked up shit to get to be this cool

Boruto aspiring to be how he views Sasuke now isn't bad but aiming to follow his footsteps is not #goals

I do see him spending some time away with Sasuke at some point tho similar to Naruto/Jiraiya

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can see Sasuke taking him on a training journey. Boruto's path will be interesting I hope, there's a lot of doors open with what they could do with his character so hopefully they pick something interesting.

I do wonder if this series will have the guts to kill off Naruto/Sasuke/any of the OG characters. It's something I'm kind of dreading but also their existence must really constrict the kind of threats the writers can potentially come up with

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can see Sasuke taking him on a training journey. Boruto's path will be interesting I hope, there's a lot of doors open with what they could do with his character so hopefully they pick something interesting.

I do wonder if this series will have the guts to kill off Naruto/Sasuke/any of the OG characters. It's something I'm kind of dreading but also their existence must really constrict the kind of threats the writers can potentially come up with

Personally, I don't think they can realistically kill off Naruto. Despite what the opening scene implies, killing off Naruto would undermine his entire journey to Hokage. Likewise, I don't think they'd kill off almost anyone else from the OG Konoha 13. None of them have really had a big enough impact in the story to justify it, except Hinata, and Hinata has the same issues that Naruto has in that it would undermine her entire journey too.

Now what I can see them doing is killing off Sasuke. His adult life already has some degree of a redemption element to it, what with how he's protecting Konoha + his dialogue to Boruto after Momoshiki's attack. I could see him perishing at the end to protect Konoha or his daughter. But that's probably years off.

Oct 25, 2017
The episode was way more emotional than it was in other versions, shikadai reaction got to me.

I wonder how all of this would have turned out if Katasuke hadnt interfered, would Boruto have been permanently been barred from being a ninja. I wish Sasuke had been here for immediate reaction too.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How does the anime Chunin Exam compare to the manga version?

Significantly better. The manga version was a fairly straightforward retelling of the movie, with a handful of new events to expand the story.

The anime version has all the new stuff from the manga so far + significantly expanded fights and even more story events thanks to a third antagonist.

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know how likely it is but I heard somewhere that Kishimoto has said he's not afraid of killing off major characters from the original series if he thinks it serves the story. I think he specifically said this regarding a question about Naruto and Sasuke

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I must be one of the few people who has relatively little complaints regarding the Naruto franchise as a whole.

Actual only complaints were the fact that the supporting cast needed a bit more screen time in Part 2, that Kaguya might have been planned but the way she appeared was bullshit, and that a lot of the very earliest chapter stuff doesn't hold up well with the world-building that Kishimoto created.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
lol you guys are like citizens free from your dictator.

ahem THE BORUTO ANIME ISN'T BAD AND IT MAKES MONEY

Sasuke is a bad father and it isn't SP's fault, it is WHO SASUKE REALLY IS.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I must be one of the few people who has relatively little complaints regarding the Naruto franchise as a whole.

I have few complaints too. The only thing about Naruto I actually dislike is Kaguya. I even like the war and post-Pain stuff a lot.

And hell, with how big Naruto is, it's pretty safe to say that the majority of people who watched/read it have few complaints or a level of complaints that is negligeable relative to their enjoyment of the series.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have few complaints too. The only thing about Naruto I actually dislike is Kaguya. I even like the war and post-Pain stuff a lot.

And hell, with how big Naruto is, it's pretty safe to say that the majority of people who watched/read it have few complaints or a level of complaints that is negligeable relative to their enjoyment of the series.

I actually enjoyed a TON of the war stuff. There was a lot of cool moments in it, especially after Naruto hit the battlefield. It was just rather anticlimatic with Kaguya, although I did ultimately enjoy some of the stuff with her too.

I'd say my biggest issue with Naruto overall is that a lot of the early chapter stuff comes back to bite Kishimoto in the butt later on. As far as mangaka go, he's FANTASTIC at writing by the seat of his pants (look at how few breaks he took), but there's a few details here and there that didn't quite hold up. Between Naruto failing the graduation exam three times (but somehow still being in the same class as the others), Naruto and Sasuke's friendship not being as fleshed out as I'd like, and a few odd details like the Byakugan becoming less and less important... well... yeah. It's actually remarkable how well it did hold up, for the most part.