• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Latest manga chapter is amazing. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I still wish the Boruto Chunin exams was more drawn out tho. I feel like they dropped the ball by not giving everyone at least a single episode for each fight. The pacing is insanely fast; the fights just don't have a lot of weight or value to them because they're over so quickly.

The saving grace is that the actual writing itself is pretty fantastic. The moments inbetween the fights are insanely good, and the fights that are drawn out are great. Sarada vs Araya was fantastic.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
New Ending in July

Also (SCHEDULE EPISODE SPOILERS - TIMELINE)
There are two more episodes left for the exams

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
New Ending in July

Also (SCHEDULE EPISODE SPOILERS - TIMELINE)
There are two more episodes left for the exams

Ending songs last 13 episodes. There's six episodes left with the current ending. If we're getting a new ending in July, that means two more episodes for the exams, a transition episode, and three for Momoshiki and co. It's possible that the new ending could play for a single episode of this arc tho, like how Sayonara Moon Town did for the first arc.

Episode 61 is the first half of the final match of the exams
Episode 62 is the second half and ends with Boruto being disqualified + Momoshiki and co appearing
Episode 63 is the fight with Momoshiki at the Chunin Exams arena + the aftermath
Episode 64 is Momoshiki vs Naruto/Sasuke, Kinshki vs Chojuro/Kurotsuchi, Urashiki vs Gaara/Darui
Episode 65 is when Momoshiki transforms into his new state and goes toe to toe with Naruto and Sasuke.
Episode 66 is Boruto saving everyone + Parent/Child Rasengan + Boruto talking with Momoshiki post death + aftermath

OR ALTERNATIVELY

Episode 61 is the first half of the final match of the exams
Episode 62 is the second half and ends with Boruto being disqualified + Momoshiki and co appearing
Episode 63 is the fight with Momoshiki at the Chunin Exams arena
Episode 64 is the aftermath + them going to rescue Naruto
Episode 65 is Momoshiki vs Naruto/Sasuke, Kinshki vs Chojuro/Kurotsuchi, Urashiki vs Gaara/Darui
Episode 66 is transformed Momoshiki vs Naruto/Sasuke + Boruto saving everyone + Parent/Child Rasengan + Boruto talking with Momoshiki post death
Episode 67 is the aftermath WITH NEW ENDING SONG.

Last edited:

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
The manga is already making the same mistakes that Kishimoto did in Naruto:

They are focussing too much in Boruto (and now Kawaki) and they are leaving Sarada, Mitsuki and even Konohamaru out of the picture. I hope the anime does these characters more justice.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
The manga is already making the same mistakes that Kishimoto did in Naruto:

They are focussing too much in Boruto (and now Kawaki) and they are leaving Sarada, Mitsuki and even Konohamaru out of the picture. I hope the anime does these characters more justice.
Not much choice when with it being monthly, other wise it would take forever to get anywhere.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if he has some kind of time manipulation powers.
I don't think so, since the table that Delta (the girl)) destroyed was very much still there post the new food and table appearing

what it could be is matter manipulation of some sort as long as it is in a certain area/range

the first time we saw them they had that meeting in that warp place that the same dude created so maybe that is his thing

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so, since the table that Delta (the girl)) destroyed was very much still there post the new food and table appearing

what it could be is matter manipulation of some sort as long as it is in a certain area/range

the first time we saw them they had that meeting in that warp place that the same dude created so maybe that is his thing
You're right, didn't see it the first time around. Also, I get this feeling Kawaki is going to end up being Sasuke 2.0, he just oozes that feeling.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I lile how episode 50 was just the characters talking about how boruto is the main character.

Also the bar scene at the end is great lol

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Yoooooo that chapter was so good. The Manga has been so interesting the last few chapters. It kills me any time I'm done reading it. This is the stuff I can't wait to see animated properly.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
AtugT6K.png

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna experience the new stuff anime first with the good art style and designs but it kills me trying to resist reading the latest chapter

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Some anime spoilers for what happens 2-3 episodes from now
Momoshiki finally invades but Urashiki targets Mitsuki apparently

some people are speculating and bringing back the old theory that Mitsuki has Toneri DNA

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, Episode 61 is officially my favorite episode of the series so far.

The direction this episode was absolutely amazing on every level, and it legit made me feel bad for both Naruto and Borruto just watching it.

EDIT:

The look on Naruto and Hinata's faces really sells this episode. They know that this is a high ranked technique that only Kakashi knows, and that there's no way Boruto could have learned it. They know their son just cheated horribly, and they can't believe that just happened.

They mention this in the novel version of the movie, but you can see by the reaction on his face that Gaara knows something is up. He's well aware that Naruto keeps personal life and business life separate, so he's not going down there to congratulate his son or anything.

Then of course we have Naruto's look of sheer disappointment from the movie, as if he himself was the one who cheated. But what really sells the scene is Shikadai. He's completely devastated that Boruto actually cheated against him, especially after he beat himself up in an earlier episode for losing. Take note of Sumire being completely shocked as well, given how much she respects Boruto after the Nue arc of the anime.

That's not even getting into the fight scene itself, which was amazing. Just an all around wonderfully directed episode that really surpassed the movie version of the scene.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this is my favorite episode of the series as well, this arc is fantastic.

Goddamn Boruto, you're a fucking cheater

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hot dang, this hurt even more than in the movie. This episode was phenomenal and it somehow felt so much longer (in a good way) than it was. Just amazing overall.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
is it bad that i kinda wanted to see boruto cheat on this guy

Lol damn it series stop making me hate Naruto and get these feels for boruto

I could get the issues they had earlier in the series, but I don't get why Naruto has a problem aknowldeging Boruto anyway. Now that feels forced to me, unless I missed somehting.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
that lightning on Shinki felt nice lol

even though it was via the Kote or at least the Purple Lightning bit... Seeing Shinki getting smashed felt too good

then seeing the whole crowd rant on Boruto felt so sad XD

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
As someone who did disappoint my own parents at some point when I was a kid that scene in the movie was difficult to watch, but then in this episode they managed to make it even worse for Boruto...

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this is the highest rated episode of Boruto yet over at Reddit. It was at 85% of the votes giving it an S rank, and now it's at 87%.

We're in for a treat if the remainder of this arc is anywhere near as good.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
What's interesting is that it looked like it was breaking before he cheated and just jumped the gun on cheating.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
This is really minor but in the movie Naruto asks Hinata to see what Boruto is doing right? I guess Boruto using Purple Lightning is plainly obviously BS to both of them in this version but I did miss that lil interaction