• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am just posting here before Psycho_Mantis purges us unbelievers

Edit: What he is banned? AGAIN?

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it was Urashiki alone that did it, praise him

NUE arc is still the best arc

I've come to really appreciate the Nue arc, simply because it set up a lot of cool stuff for both the anime and manga (and also gave us Sumire.)

EDIT FOR EPISODE 59:

Seriously, why couldn't the entire Chunin exams be as fleshed out as this episode? This was way better than the last two episodes.

Last edited:

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Inojin and Shikadai's reaction to losing felt pretty realistic given the circumstances.

I did like this episode. Shinki being as edgy as Gaara adds some flavor to this arc.

Also, in the movie
Shinki uses a puppet to distract Metal, but so far we haven't seen him using that technique yet... maybe they scraped that

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Episode was alright. Shinki vs Cho Cho didn't do anything for me.
I guess it makes sense for Boruto to only be caught cheating later in this version since there are named opponents beyond Shikadai this time. And also it's cool that her, the tool only popped a single Shadow Clone instead of a blatantly suspicious 10+ in the movie.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I liked this episode, didn't feel rushed. Also Shinki's backstory helped to flesh him out. Hope he comes back more.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shinki is pretty dope tbh. Wouldn't mind seeing more of him. I hope they make the masked sand guy more interesting next week.

Also I felt bad for Shikadai.... the guy finally puts in some real effort and Boruto has to go and cheat >:T

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
It's not as if Boruto needed to cheat: we've seen other people breaking free from Shikamaru's jutsu in the past, it's just that Boruto is so used to everything being so easy to him that he had to go and use the ninja tool because it was the easier exit again.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Man Cho Cho keeps on impressing
She needs a butterfly mode but also lightning armour akin to the Raikage, then she can be Yoruichi
It's not as if Boruto needed to cheat: we've seen other people breaking free from Shikamaru's jutsu in the past, it's just that Boruto is so used to everything being so easy to him that he had to go and use the ninja tool because it was the easier exit again.
NUE arc and Mist arc Boruto scoffs at Kote device Boruto

but hey Kote Boruto predates both of them and is Kishi's input into this story so what the heck

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I think that's the key detail: We know Boruto doesn't need to cheat, but Boruto himself doesn't believe that. Everyone's conditioned him so much to feel like he needs to step out of Naruto's shadow to earn his respect. The scene with the Kote in the locker room reflected upon that; he was going to put the Kote away and fight fairly. He WANTED to do that. But then he heard Shikamaru and Temari talking to Shikadai and giving him advice and prepping him on. He feels that, in order to earn that from Naruto (and Hinata to a lesser degree), he NEEDS to cheat.

I feel kinda bad for the kid. His whole story's tragic so far, and I felt really bad that not even Hinata's gone to see him to have that prep talk with him.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Boruto makes me sad but he'll learn soon enough we know and we'll have some cool adventures with him soon without the Kishi drama.

Planning to watch the latest ep soon can my gf and I expect more than 10 seconds out of Cho Cho or does she go the way of the Inojin

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
I think that's the key detail: We know Boruto doesn't need to cheat, but Boruto himself doesn't believe that. Everyone's conditioned him so much to feel like he needs to step out of Naruto's shadow to earn his respect. The scene with the Kote in the locker room reflected upon that; he was going to put the Kote away and fight fairly. He WANTED to do that. But then he heard Shikamaru and Temari talking to Shikadai and giving him advice and prepping him on. He feels that, in order to earn that from Naruto (and Hinata to a lesser degree), he NEEDS to cheat.

I feel kinda bad for the kid. His whole story's tragic so far, and I felt really bad that not even Hinata's gone to see him to have that prep talk with him.

I thought that in the anime we would see him doubting about his own skills or something like that, those episodes about the Byakuya gang made me think he was about to get an unpleasant experience that would make him doubt about himself, the role of the shinobi and so on, and at one point it seemed to me that it was about to happen but in the end nothing of the sort happened.

(... and then Sasuke comes and tells him "is that thing a Rasengan? It's awfully small" and Boruto had to go and see Katasuke out of frustration. You see, we should blame Sasuke).

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes that's what I like to hear

Cho-Cho was utterly amazing this episode.

I thought that in the anime we would see him doubting about his own skills or something like that, those episodes about the Byakuya gang made me think he was about to get an unpleasant experience that would make him doubt about himself, the role of the shinobi and so on, and at one point it seemed to me that it was about to happen but in the end nothing of the sort happened.

(... and then Sasuke comes and tells him "is that thing a Rasengan? It's awfully small" and Boruto had to go and see Katasuke out of frustration. You see, we should blame Sasuke).

Yeah, Sasuke screwed up there, no doubt about it. Boruto's accomplishment there was actually amazing and that's probably the closest he's ever been to resembling Naruto's demeanor. But unfortunately the perceived criticism he got from Sasuke demolished his self-worth.

It's weird, because Sasuke's otherwise a pretty effective teacher. But I guess he felt the need to let Boruto fall on his ass rather than correct the misunderstanding.

Boruto actually kind of reminds me of Hinata before she took over Naruto's personal nindo. Someone who considers themselves a failure and always gives up too easily.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017

Is there anything that's not an Uchia's fault?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, this was a pretty great episode. I see you Cho Cho! I feel pretty bad that they all lost, especially Shikadai, fucking cheaters suck man.

All of that filler or w/e was really rough to get through, but can't lie, definitely helped in gradually making me care about these guys. Come a long way from when I first just saw them as derivative clones of their parents lol

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Boruto has 5 fatal flaws right now that keeps him from realizing his true potential: overestimating his abilities, underestimating his opponents, not relying enough on team work, entitlement, and impatience.

The capture the flag is one of the biggest examples of this. He severely underestimated his opponent thinking his four clones could protect that flag. Even the most average ninja can summon ATLEAST 2 clones. So why the hell did he not think of that? There was no reason Mitsuki shouldn't have been guarding the flag with him. Sarada could of went for the opposing teams flag all by herself.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Cho-Cho was utterly amazing this episode.

Yeah, Sasuke screwed up there, no doubt about it. Boruto's accomplishment there was actually amazing and that's probably the closest he's ever been to resembling Naruto's demeanor. But unfortunately the perceived criticism he got from Sasuke demolished his self-worth.

It's weird, because Sasuke's otherwise a pretty effective teacher. But I guess he felt the need to let Boruto fall on his ass rather than correct the misunderstanding.

Boruto actually kind of reminds me of Hinata before she took over Naruto's personal nindo. Someone who considers themselves a failure and always gives up too easily.
Can we really blame Sasuke for that tho? Boruto got in his feeling and left mid sentence.

If Boruto wasn't so impatient, he could've fully mastered the Rasengan and successfully learn the kills Sasuke was trying to teach him.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can we really blame Sasuke for that tho? Boruto got in his feeling and left mid sentence.

If Boruto wasn't so impatient, he could've fully mastered the Rasengan and successfully learn the kills Sasuke was trying to teach him.

Yeah, I think a little bit of blame could be placed upon Sasuke for not reading the situation better. I also think things probably would have gone a little bit better had Sasuke explicitly called out Boruto's usage of the Kote.

Boruto's got an interesting dynamic going on here. He seems to take blunt criticism fairly well, as long as he doesn't perceive it as an attack on his personal character. His later training sessions with Sasuke show this when Sasuke doesn't sugarcoat any of his criticisms. But that criticism of his Rasengan was something Boruto kind of took as an attack on his character, and he didn't take it very well as a result.

Cengizhan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
The Netherlands
I have lately been listening to the wonderful soundtrack of Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden. Stuff like Senya, Sadness and Sorrow and Shitsui are still songs that can touch me deeply.

I have watched around 30 episodes of Boruto and I have not found any impactful pieces of OST yet. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have lately been listening to the wonderful soundtrack of Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden. Stuff like Senya, Sadness and Sorrow and Shitsui are still songs that can touch me deeply.

I have watched around 30 episodes of Boruto and I have not found any impactful pieces of OST yet. Do you guys have any recommendations?

There's only one OST out right now, and it's largely consisting of tracks that appear in the first two arcs.

Some noticeable tracks to listen to:
  • Kaze ni Nare (Become the Wind)
  • Mozen (Fiercely)
  • Boruto ~ Musou (Boruto ~ Unparalleled)
  • Sarada ~ Shintsu (Sarada ~ Heartache)
  • Kakugo (Resolution)
  • Sarada ~ Toshi (Sarada ~ Fighting Spirit)
  • Hakunetsu (Climax)
  • Youkon (Vigorous)

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017

Here you go:

Maaaan the new Opening is garbage! What is this trash? At least the ending is decent.

And people were dissing OP 2? Whaaaatt, it was top tier!

Openings: 2>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

And uhhhh people sleeping om Boruto's OST? Really?? The soundtrack is amazing.
I will list some of the greater pieces. I'm starting with the faster fighting music.

---
Bold

This is 'The Raising Fighting Spirit' - level hype. This is on fire. Once you hear this your blood will pump 3 times faster.

Incandescence
This song is used in awesome moments and is a good motivation song. The build up is great and once the chorus kicks in its just pure awesomeness.

Become the wind (vocal)
Vocals make every song great and this is no exception. You just know once you hear these kinds of songs in anime that shits about to go down. There is also a instrumental version frequently used in the anime.

Sarada~Fighting Spirit
Now this track is good too and it's a fast remix of one of this show's greatest slower pieces which i will come back to in a second (see Sarada Heartbreak below). Basically Sarada's theme.

---
Now let's look at the slower emotional pieces.

Resolution
Goosebumps the song. This is just pure sadness described in musical language. Greatness. Has some kind of Korra vibe to it.

Sarada~Heartbreak

This is the piece i mentioned above. I cant describe this track, it just cant get better than this. Have fun feeling like an emotional wreck after hearing this.

Patience
This one is calmer and a more chill sad song. Very naruto like. Very beautiful composition.

I would love to embed all of these songs but i can only show 2. These are just a few examples. There are more great songs in the OST. Don't fool yourself or get blinded by nostalgia. The OST is great.

---
Also, ending 4 ist tooooop tier

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When the OST with the sad track that plays when Ryogi and Shikadai have their break up comes out, let me know.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Yukon/Bold is probably one of my favorite Anime OSTs ever. I will never not start moving when i hear it. SO GOOD.

Im trying to find all the scenes where it was played. Does anyone know?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"It's All In The Game", by Qyoto has probably become my favorite of the three Boruto opening songs. It's a shame the animation associated with it is god awful, because it could be so much better. The actual lyrics to the song sum up the movie arc extremely well too.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
New episode was good.

Really have to wonder how deep Mitsuki's feelings are for Boruto. Dude is like his sole motivation for doing anything.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The way that kid acts around Boruto is just weird at times; like giving up just because he saw Boruto, combined with the whole "Sun" thing. Plus, stupid filler aside, I'm not sure what the big deal with him using Sage Mode is given that least one other person has it anyhow. The whole "I can't use it if I want to stay with my friends" thing is just really unusual. I hope they explain it later.

I'm also personally starting to wonder if there's some connection between him and Toneri. The two of them have a strikingly similar appearance, with the primary differences being where Orochimaru's traits show up in Mitsuki's face.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
The way that kid acts around Boruto is just weird at times; like giving up just because he saw Boruto, combined with the whole "Sun" thing. Plus, stupid filler aside, I'm not sure what the big deal with him using Sage Mode is given that least one other person has it anyhow. The whole "I can't use it if I want to stay with my friends" thing is just really unusual. I hope they explain it later.

I'm also personally starting to wonder if there's some connection between him and Toneri. The two of them have a strikingly similar appearance, with the primary differences being where Orochimaru's traits show up in Mitsuki's face.

I would imagine that Mitsuki going sage mode would get others to start asking questions and looking into his parentage. No one except a few know Mitsuki is Orochimaru's kid, not even Konohamaru knows. People in the village may not like Orochimaru's kid roaming around the place. I mean we've seen how unreasonable they were when Naruto was a kid. Not to mention the other villages might have issues with this as well.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine that Mitsuki going sage mode would get others to start asking questions and looking into his parentage. No one except a few know Mitsuki is Orochimaru's kid, not even Konohamaru knows. People in the village may not like Orochimaru's kid roaming around the place. I mean we've seen how unreasonable they were when Naruto was a kid. Not to mention the other villages might have issues with this as well.

I don't get how people would make that connection tho. Certainly his use of SNAKES of all things would arouse more suspicion then Sage Mode?

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
The pretty good episode, though i wish we'd seen Sasuke teaching sarada the fireball jutsu would've made a good father-daughter scene

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get how people would make that connection tho. Certainly his use of SNAKES of all things would arouse more suspicion then Sage Mode?
Not saying that the sage mode itself alone would make people assume he's Orochimaru's kid, just that it would have people question who he is and then they would look into it.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but how many Sage snake users?

That just goes back to the fact that the snakes themselves would arouse more suspicion!

I hope they actually have a legitimate justification for those "Don't use Sage Mode" crap, because I aint buying that it's about keeping his identity a secret at all.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
That just goes back to the fact that the snakes themselves would arouse more suspicion!

I hope they actually have a legitimate justification for those "Don't use Sage Mode" crap, because I aint buying that it's about keeping his identity a secret at all.
I think the reasons compound upon each other. Like snakes raise an eyebrow, but going Snake Sage mode while your a genin raises a "Alright, who the fuck is this kid?!"

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
New Boruto chapter this week is pretty good

art is also still steadily improving, just an all around progress in story and art

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can't believe we were robbed of a Sasuke training Sarada scene T___T

And yeah the Mitsuki stuff is... lol. It actually makes me wonder what they're planning with this kid long term. He seems to have faded into the background in the manga. I like him, but I feel like he should stand out way more than he does considering his background.

EDIT: speaking of the manga, sweet chapter.... the manga has really been coming into its own lately imo

Last edited: