• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Take out all that outside chunin exam stuff that happened in part 1 I'm talking straight up the chunin exams them test episodes was legit, the Forrest freaking amazing. They're playing capture the flag and it's super disappointing that of course of course the only ones that get to actually fight are inoshikacho and team 3(not team 7)
the problem was making it a movie in the first place
Kishi should've never had the chunnin exams happening in the first place when Momoshiki invaded

just means the anime has to literally work with less then 30 mins of chunnin exams content and try their best not to diverge from it

feels like SP just wants to rush to the aliens bit as quickly as possible, like DB Super's movie arcs but on fast forward

Oct 25, 2017
the problem was making it a movie in the first place
Kishi should've never had the chunnin exams happening in the first place when Momoshiki invaded

just means the anime has to literally work with less then 30 mins of chunnin exams content and try their best not to diverge from it

feels like SP just wants to rush to the aliens bit as quickly as possible, like DB Super's movie arcs but on fast forward
Definitely on fast forward the complaint with Dbs was it was taking those arcs to slowly. Here it's like 160mph to the aliens.

I'm just salty wasabi lost. Rip wasabi vs sarada

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely on fast forward the complaint with Dbs was it was taking those arcs to slowly. Here it's like 160mph to the aliens.

maybe one day they will do another exam, maybe have some Hyuga genin kids attend to with Himawari

maybe Iwabe can shine there

Kishi should've never crammed in so many events in one single movie

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
maybe one day they will do another exam, maybe have some Hyuga genin kids attend to with Himawari

maybe Iwabe can shine there

Kishi should've never crammed in so many events in one single movie

I really wanna know why Kishi crammed the movie so packed full of stuff. It's almost like he wanted to do a Boruto miniseries himself between it, Naruto Gaiden, and all the little additions he's added in over the years.

Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate that the only kid who is the exact same as his parent is the one kid who I have no issues being the exact same as his parent. Shikamaru and little Shikamaru are the best.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Take out all that outside chunin exam stuff that happened in part 1 I'm talking straight up the chunin exams them test episodes was legit, the Forrest freaking amazing. They're playing capture the flag and it's super disappointing that of course of course the only ones that get to actually fight are inoshikacho and team 3(not team 7)
Oh for sure. The structure of the exam itself was way more interesting too. Makes you wonder how little they think of the title "Chunin" in these peaceful times when the exams are so tame now. The written test and forest of death in Part 1 are legit insane.
I'm salty Sumire lost already when we were getting new hints at her serious side.
This option...can never be put off the table.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The fight between Sasuke and that alien guy was pretty dope. First Naruto level fight ive seen from this series. These episodes are much better.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the show has had some good original fights, especially early on during the Nue and Sarada arcs. But lately it seems like most episodes have been outsourced.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate that the only kid who is the exact same as his parent is the one kid who I have no issues being the exact same as his parent. Shikamaru and little Shikamaru are the best.
lol Kishi admitted in an interview that even though usually writers try to set children apart from their parents as not to be clones or have them be in their parents shadow
that he deliberately still did it for Shikadai while making others a mix

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the mist arc. It seems weird to me that some of the kages were on some "The new generations sucks" shit, because man, all these kids seem busted as fuck. Like Boruto is using wind style and lighting style and kid hasn't even graduated yet.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the mist arc. It seems weird to me that some of the kages were on some "The new generations sucks" shit, because man, all these kids seem busted as fuck. Like Boruto is using wind style and lighting style and kid hasn't even graduated yet.

Yeah I see what you mean but on the other hand they aren't nearly as prepared for the ninja world and a life as a soldier as any older generation. They're pretty much babied by comparison not that that's a bad thing in this circumstance.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, holy shit! That one mist swordsman girl is the daughter of the villain of the curry filler arc from part 1! THE FUCKING DEEPEST OF CALLBACKS

EDIT: I appreciate that Sarada is doing the copy thing with the sharingan. I feel like Kisimoto forgot that the sharingan let's you copy moves as the series went on.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yo did everyone just forget it was Boruto day?
Cause I'm not gonna lie, I did too until the evening where it suddenly came to me lol. I don't have much to say about this episode. Didn't much care for it in any way. But next week's looks interesting. ChoCho about to pull an Ochaco.

Oct 25, 2017
Cause I'm not gonna lie, I did too until the evening where it suddenly came to me lol. I don't have much to say about this episode. Didn't much care for it in any way. But next week's looks interesting. ChoCho about to pull an Ochaco.

I kept expecting to get some notifications for this thread when the new episode dropped and it just never happened. I thought everyone in this thread just evaporated

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I kept expecting to get some notifications for this thread when the new episode dropped and it just never happened. I thought everyone in this thread just evaporated

I only remembered because my friend suddenly brought up the episode, though I still haven't watched it yet lol

yado

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand why the movie would rush through the fights but the anime had plenty of room/reasons to flesh them out.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The rushed fights were kind of a disappointment, but I otherwise liked this episode.

One thing in particular that I liked is how close and friendly the kids are. Seeing Boruto, Sarada, Mitsuki, Inojin, Chocho, and Shikadai cheer each other on and stuff is really cool, because it shows how close they are compared to their parents's generation at this point in time.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
They are rushing way too fast through this arc. I mean seriously the last two tests could have had more expanded stuff to them.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I get that they couldn't really change it too much from the movie and that it was a backdrop for the aliens and what not but lol this is high tier rush mode with little add-ons to make the exams a little bit believable (that it actually exists)
the stadium seems smaller too and the crowd lol

currently the two episode genin exams were more heart racing lol

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've forgotten some things about the movie, but:
Does anyone actually pass (Shikadai, I guess)? Perhaps there could be another chunin exam in the future? I don't actually remember.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've forgotten some things about the movie, but:
Does anyone actually pass (Shikadai, I guess)? Perhaps there could be another chunin exam in the future? I don't actually remember.

Never specified. It is implied they're going to re-host it in the ending (the scene with Boruto and the interviewer.)

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping that a couple arcs from now we get an actual chunin exam arc uninterrupted by alien drama

Gonna watch last week's episode and this week's both soon

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I get the complaints about the fights, but the plot's been leading up to the Momoshiki stuff for a while now, and I'd rather they just get to that then sidetrack.

It would be nice to revisit some of this stuff in the future though, Gaara's kid in particular is pretty cool and I wouldn't mind seeing more of him.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping that a couple arcs from now we get an actual chunin exam arc uninterrupted by alien drama

Gonna watch last week's episode and this week's both soon
lol the poor aliens didn't even attack yet and people are blaming them for this subpar kiddie chunnin exams

(I know you mean the actual movie plot and Kishi using the exams as a backdrop for alien invasion compared to actually having a decent plot written for the exams themselves)

Guys I said it before and I'll say it again, screw the exams, have a Hyuuga battle royale on some private land area and toss in other clan's like the Nara, etc... have them fight as genins in a REAL exam were Boruto can awaken his regular byakugans or something

Call it a festival, introduce some Hyuga kids and make Metal Lee open the gates.

Oct 27, 2017
lol the poor aliens didn't even attack yet and people are blaming them for this subpar kiddie chunnin exams

(I know you mean the actual movie plot and Kishi using the exams as a backdrop for alien invasion compared to actually having a decent plot written for the exams themselves)

Guys I said it before and I'll say it again, screw the exams, have a Hyuuga battle royale on some private land area and toss in other clan's like the Nara, etc... have them fight as genins in a REAL exam were Boruto can awaken his regular byakugans or something

Call it a festival, introduce some Hyuga kids and make Metal Lee open the gates.

Oh yeah obviously the exams as they are now aren't enough, I get they aren't as hardcore nowadays coz the villages are at peace, but hopefully the interruption of this one and the situations occurring in the recent manga arcs make them realise the kids need to be more prepared for real threats and combat situations

At the very least the first test should be completely scrapped, the others can stay I suppose so long as we get them full length part 1 Naruto style

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah obviously the exams as they are now aren't enough, I get they aren't as hardcore nowadays coz the villages are at peace, but hopefully the interruption of this one and the situations occurring in the recent manga arcs make them realise the kids need to be more prepared for real threats and combat situations

At the very least the first test should be completely scrapped, the others can stay I suppose so long as we get them full length part 1 Naruto style
it just felt really small scale the participant count was really low too for something called the first shinobi alliance exams

I get SP not wanting to diverge too much but they literally had most of the new gen out by Stage 2 and the only Stone village reps turning out to be a joke in Stage 1

hence why instead of rehashing it they need to change it up a bit in someway, make it more exciting, maybe have it one Bee's Island lol

Oct 25, 2017
Inojin losing was painful :( :( :( And the afterwards scene for him. I wanted him to win.

Shikadai ftw. Felt like Naruto is getting suspicious.

That attack though
tumblr_p8vgbjS3i91w38yryo5_540.gif

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I never realized but the tool boxes this new gen kids carry behind their backs are massive compared to Naruto's gen

lol they look like toolboxes

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up with the last 3 episodes. Don't like that they aren't really expanding anything from the movie. So far it's just a sloppier and less well animated version of the movie (and more inconsistent when they splice in movie footage).

Oct 27, 2017
It's slightly expanded but I would have liked more. Inojin getting a full fight would have made last episode much better for me. I have hope for Cho Cho looking cool for a quick sec this week's episode tho based on the preview and title I hope the fight is roughly half the episode.

So far this arc hasn't been BAD it just feels like they really don't care that much about the exams themselves so they must have been an absolutely miniscule footnote on Kishi's script. Again I'm now running on the assumption that because none of the kids seemed to make chunin these exams we'll get a redo a couple arcs from now

If I had to guess I'd theorize that it'll be a few arcs after the current one, where they meet Kawaki. They'll have an arc or two with him before they all take the exams together

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
It's slightly expanded but I would have liked more. Inojin getting a full fight would have made last episode much better for me. I have hope for Cho Cho looking cool for a quick sec this week's episode tho based on the preview and title I hope the fight is roughly half the episode.

So far this arc hasn't been BAD it just feels like they really don't care that much about the exams themselves so they must have been an absolutely miniscule footnote on Kishi's script. Again I'm now running on the assumption that because none of the kids seemed to make chunin these exams we'll get a redo a couple arcs from now

If I had to guess I'd theorize that it'll be a few arcs after the current one, where they meet Kawaki. They'll have an arc or two with him before they all take the exams together

Kawaki teaming up with Ryogi and Shin Uchiha