• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It showed more than a couple matchups so I'm also afraid the second part isn't extended. And also if it's the same type of exam as in the movie which is what seems to be the cass then it's still a pretty lame second part compared to the Forest of Death but whatever, I'm sure on its own merit I'll like it.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's only a single episode, it'll still be extended from the movie where it's a whopping three minutes.

A bit over half the footage from the preview is brand new as well. Even some scenes that were in the movie were redone.

• Tenten close up shot is new.
  • Team Hanabi being present is new.
  • Team Moegi obtaining the flag is from the movie, but has been completely reanimated. Building shape is different + Chocho is significantly larger.
  • The shot of Yodo is new.
  • Metal Lee and his bloody fist is new. Probably related to when he pounds the ground after losing to Shinki's team
  • Sarada climbing the buildings is taken straight from the movie. Same animation and everything.
  • The Three Senka Brothers watching Boruto is taken straight from the movie. Same animation.
  • Boruto guarding the flag is taken straight from the movie. Same animation.
  • The closeup shot of the Three Senka Brothers is taken straight from the movie. Same animation.
  • The closeup shot of Boruto and his clones is from the movie, but it appears to have been reanimated.
  • Close up of Boruto's hand is new.
  • Chojiro and Sasuke talking is new.
  • Sarada running in the building is from the movie.
  • Mitsuki swinging on the rope is from the movie.
  • The final shot of Boruto is from the movie.
Based upon all this, my guess is the second round begins relatively quickly after the first. Boruto and Sasuke training with shurikens (the "Everyone knows Shuriken Jutsu is Sarada's specialty!" scene) is moved to after the second round in a later episode. The actual episode will show all of the teams win or lose, which is where the most significant amount of new footage will be. Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki's fight against the Senka Brothers will probably be largely taken from the movie, however. The scene with Sasuke and Chojiro will likely take place at the end of the episode.

EDIT: Also yes, before anyone asks I have an obsessive and compulsive attention to details. >_>

Last edited:

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Last night I was all comfy in bed ready to watch then I realized it got moved to today. Tonight in bed though...comfy watch time.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of dreading seeing this whole Boruto/ninja tool thing again. It's something I always hated.Not the idea of ninja tools but him using it in the chunin exam and blah blah. It's hard to watch because it's just such a painfully stupid thing for Boruto to do. I know it's part of his overall growth but still.... Just want to get to the stuff that comes after.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of dreading seeing this whole Boruto/ninja tool thing again. It's something I always hated.Not the idea of ninja tools but him using it in the chunin exam and blah blah. It's hard to watch because it's just such a painfully stupid thing for Boruto to do. I know it's part of his overall growth but still.... Just want to get to the stuff that comes after.
same but then again...
Naruto was about to cheat numerous times in his own Chunnin exams

like looking at the Heaven Scroll, etc..

what makes it worse is Boruto unlike Naruto wasn't known as a failure in skills and talent

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
same but then again...
Naruto was about to cheat numerous times in his own Chunnin exams

like looking at the Heaven Scroll, etc..

what makes it worse is Boruto unlike Naruto wasn't known as a failure in skills and talent
that's what bugs me. I don't buy the overall connection of Naruto wanting to prove something to his father ---> cheating. He literally doesn't need to. Absolutely nothing in this series has even hinted at the possibility that cheating would be required lol. In fact I think it's more accurate of Boruto's personality to want to show up everyone with his mad skills.

It just feels like a weird....thing. Just a way to introduce ninja tools into the story in a meaningful way but I dunno.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
that's what bugs me. I don't buy the overall connection of Naruto wanting to prove something to his father ---> cheating. He literally doesn't need to. Absolutely nothing in this series has even hinted at the possibility that cheating would be required lol. In fact I think it's more accurate of Boruto's personality to want to show up everyone with his mad skills.

It just feels like a weird....thing. Just a way to introduce ninja tools into the story in a meaningful way but I dunno.

It makes sense to me. Boruto's current accomplishments are basically going unacknowledged by Naruto, hence why he feels the need to resort to cheat. To make his accomplishments seem even greater than they actually are. The movie didn't really do a good job emphasizing this, but the TV series really shows how Naruto still views his son as a child, and that he has difficultly interacting with him due to his own childhood. Episode 10 was very good at spelling that out ("I wish he could remain a kid a little longer, but I guess that's me being selfish"), and likewise Episode 9 showed that Naruto isn't doing a very good job of showing his affection and acknowledgement to Boruto. Boruto thought the adults were disappointed in him, even thought Naruto was actually proud of his son coming forward. Likewise, episode 51 showed that Naruto still sees his son as a child, rather than as a Ninja. The scene where Naruto patted him on the head said a lot about how Naruto still views the situation.

As Hinata pointed out, Boruto at his current age is a lot like Naruto. He's desperate for someone to acknowledge his accomplishments. But unlike Naruto, who started near the bottom and had to work his way up, Boruto's started near the top and he's used to taking shortcuts to get what he wants. It's also not really too out of character for Boruto to want to cheat; Remember that Naruto was willing to go to some extreme lengths to get acknowledge too by stealing the Scroll of Sealing.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense to me. Boruto's current accomplishments are basically going unacknowledged by Naruto, hence why he feels the need to resort to cheat. To make his accomplishments seem even greater than they actually are. The movie didn't really do a good job emphasizing this, but the TV series really shows how Naruto still views his son as a child, and that he has difficultly interacting with him due to his own childhood. Episode 10 was very good at spelling that out ("I wish he could remain a kid a little longer, but I guess that's me being selfish"), and likewise Episode 9 showed that Naruto isn't doing a very good job of showing his affection and acknowledgement to Boruto. Boruto thought the adults were disappointed in him, even thought Naruto was actually proud of his son coming forward. Likewise, episode 51 showed that Naruto still sees his son as a child, rather than as a Ninja. The scene where Naruto patted him on the head said a lot about how Naruto still views the situation.

As Hinata pointed out, Boruto at his current age is a lot like Naruto. He's desperate for someone to acknowledge his accomplishments. But unlike Naruto, who started near the bottom and had to work his way up, Boruto's started near the top and he's used to taking shortcuts to get what he wants. It's also not really too out of character for Boruto to want to cheat; Remember that Naruto was willing to go to some extreme lengths to get acknowledge too by stealing the Scroll of Sealing.
But Naruto was different in that NOBODY was acknowledging him whereas for Boruto literally everyone is acknowledging him accept Naruto (in his mind). Which I get is the most important thing to him despite acting otherwise. It's obviously the thing he wants most in life and when he does get that recognition after this arc he mostly refrains from that stupid shit. But in my mind it still feels like a contrived way to get us from there to now. I think everything you're saying about Boruto's feelings is accurate but I can't make the leap from the way he feels to feeling like he needs to cheat TO REALLY SHOW EM. But I get he's also a dumbass kid in the end so I guess that plays into it, as kids aren't the best decision makers.

But still don't like it. I'm glad it doesn't linger and it's just a thing in this arc and then disappears though.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But Naruto was different in that NOBODY was acknowledging him whereas for Boruto literally everyone is acknowledging him accept Naruto (in his mind). Which I get is the most important thing to him despite acting otherwise. It's obviously the thing he wants most in life and when he does get that recognition after this arc he mostly refrains from that stupid shit. But in my mind it still feels like a contrived way to get us from there to now. I think everything you're saying about Boruto's feelings is accurate but I can't make the leap from the way he feels to feeling like he needs to cheat TO REALLY SHOW EM. But I get he's also a dumbass kid in the end so I guess that plays into it, as kids aren't the best decision makers.

But still don't like it. I'm glad it doesn't linger and it's just a thing in this arc and then disappears though.

Boruto wants the acknowledgement from his father, because despite what he may say he still looks up to his dad a lot. Unfortunately, that's also the person who's given him acknowledgement the least. Combine that with constantly being seen in Naruto's shadow (something even his friends, such as Mitsuki, are guilty of) and the fact that Boruto takes shortcuts easily... well, it's no surprise he resorted to cheating. Boruto sees the Chunin Exams as a chance to be seen outside of Naruto's shadow and be acknowledged in his own right. It doesn't help that a genjutsu'd Katasuke talked him into cheating.

The novel version of Boruto: Naruto The Movie really sells the point home in a way the movie itself doesn't. Boruto's natural talent was, to other people, seen as an extension of Naruto's own rather then being seen as something that Boruto achieved in his own right. The TV series too has implied it; The one thing that legitimately ticks Boruto off is being compared to Naruto, such as when Iwabe did it back in episode 2.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna suck when Boruto gets caught for cheating. Really wish that plotline justs stayed in the movie but oh well

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I know but, it just is so counterproductive to every development that Boruto has had in the anime..

Plus the fact that it just adds nothing, and actually taking it out could enhance the story.
I agree but at least it seems
that the tech stuff carries over to the next arcs to come and how Boruto feels about them after being tricked

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
It still kills me wondering what all this paperwork is. What papers are on those stacks? What is written on them? What are you doing with them? lol there can't be that many. Hiruzen looked like he spent most of his time smoking and chilling. Why not get an assistant. Make the shadow clone do the paperwork??

WHAT'S ON THOSE PAPERS.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It still kills me wondering what all this paperwork is. What papers are on those stacks? What is written on them? What are you doing with them? lol there can't be that many. Hiruzen looked like he spent most of his time smoking and chilling. Why not get an assistant. Make the shadow clone do the paperwork??

WHAT'S ON THOSE PAPERS.
well beyond the now added Zetsu caves being discovered, Naruto may be the most busiest Hokage in history as there has been an economic boom for the entire planet since the time Kakashi became Hokage.
I mean in the anime we learnt that Konoha is so massive it is now called Konoha city and also engulfed neighrbouring villages (that aren't ninja based) like the water fall village during that Sarada doll episode.
They even have an economic zone where business people in suits walk around with cell phones lol. Plus I am assuming Naruto does thing beyond just Konoha now but likely the entire Fire country like the Fire Damiyo.
Heck there is a train line that connects the Leaf with the Hidden Sand lol.

But in reality this is a movie arc for a movie that needed some drama as it is a Kishi story, so in reality

It's all for the sake of drama.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
May schedule for Boruto is out.

THEY'RE EXTENDING THE CHUNIN EXAM FIGHTS!!!!!!!

Episode 57 is "Why I shouldn't lose", the second round.
Episode 58 is "Tournament, Start!", Boruto vs Yurui
Episode 59 is "Boruto Vs Shikadai"
Episode 60 is "Hidden Leaf Vs Hidden Sand", or Sarada vs Araya
Episode 61 doesn't have a summary, but it's title is "Shinki, The Magnet Release User"

Looks like they're altering the fights a bit. Seems they're going to largely skip the quarterfinals (save for Boruto's fights), and focus on the semifinals + finals. Some people at reddit speculated that it'll be Boruto, Sarada, and Shinki in a three way, before Naruto steps in and Boruto's disqualified for cheating.

The fact that Sarada is fighting Araya means the bracket has been adjusted. Originally her second round opponent was suppose to be Mitsuki. She'll probably still have Tarui as her first opponent (and probably one shot her.)

Not as extended as I'd like, to be honest. But still more than the movie by a long shot.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
May schedule for Boruto is out.

THEY'RE EXTENDING THE CHUNIN EXAM FIGHTS!!!!!!!

Episode 57 is the second round.
Episode 58 is Boruto vs Yurui
Episode 59 is Boruto vs Shikadai
Episode 60 is Sarada vs Araya
Episode 61 doesn't say, but it mentions Shinki in it's title.

Looks like they're altering the fights a bit. Seems they're going to largely skip the quarterfinals (save for Boruto's fights), and focus on the semifinals + finals. Some people at reddit speculated that it'll be Boruto, Sarada, and Shinki in a three way, before Naruto steps in and Boruto's disqualified for cheating.

The fact that Sarada is fighting Araya means the bracket has been adjusted. Originally her second round opponent was suppose to be Mitsuki. She'll probably still have Tarui as her first opponent (and probably one shot her.)

Not as extended as I'd like, to be honest. But still more than the movie by a long shot.
it seems the titles are more obtuse
therefore episode 58, etc... are more then just one person having a fight

58 : Tournament, Start !
59 : Boruto Vs Shikadai !
60 : Hidden Leaf Vs Hidden Sand
61 : Shinki, The Magnet Release user !

they are likely going to cram in multiple fights in 58 and 61

They really aren't gonna drag it out. Boruto being the focus in the title says all I need to know
Shame
those aren't the titles, except 59

Oct 25, 2017

those aren't the titles, except 59
Thank god

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I described the descriptions that were released with the info. Gonna edit my posts with the titles, sorry.

That being said...

I really don't think we're gonna see multiple fights in the quarterfinals because of the descriptions. It is very likely they will skip over anything that's not Boruto's fights, and just show us the winners and losers like the movie.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I described the descriptions that were released with the info. Gonna edit my posts with the titles, sorry.

That being said...

I really don't think we're gonna see multiple fights because of the descriptions. It is very likely the first round will be skipped over save for Boruto's fights, and showing us the winners and losers.
Warning Movie Spoilers

Also note that these episodes cover not the entire tournament (just the first and partial second wave)
Here is the description:
57 : Why I shouldn't lose.

The Chuunin Exam has started and the Team of Boruto, Sarada & Mitsuki has advanced to the second test.
Having agreed to defend the team's flag alone, Boruto is faced against the three brothers of the mist. Things don't go too well for Boruto and he starts wondering about using the Ninja Tool given to him by Katasuke. But doing so would break the rules.

Boruto managed to clear the second test. He's visited by his father himself, proud of his son. He gives him a little pep talk to cheer him up.
The 3rd test starts and it's a tournament. Boruto first opponent is Yurui from the Cloud.

59 : Boruto Vs Shikadai

Boruto and Shikadai, both winner of their respective fights, are scheduled to fight against each other during the tournament. They had various moments where they competed against eachother in the past, but it's their first real and serious battle.

Sarada's battle agaisnt Araya of the sand has began. Using all her weapons, Shuriken Jutsu, Sharingan Genjutsu ... Sarada is on the offensive. But the opponent managed to escape Sarada's offensive and is in turn driven into a corner.

61 : Shinki, The Magnet Release User.

My thoughts

How it is spread out it seems the first bit will be Team 7 vs those Cloud Ninja that we met in the burger shop

as in the movie Mitsuki defeats the chubby one, Sarada the long haired one, and Boruto the Bubble Gum one

Episode 59 might be a Boruto focused one

Episode 60 is a Sarada one

Episode 61 is a speculative Shinki and Mitsuki one? for Shinki faces off against someone

Note that either in these episodes or maybe the episodes after you would still need to see Yodo fight and Cho Cho as well as Inojin. But it is likely in these episodes (crammed in) as in the manga Inojin and Cho Cho lose to Shinki and the other masked kid

Then you will need to have fights after all of these results

and that is just assuming that Team Iwabe and Team Sumire get kicked in the 2nd Stage and don't compete

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts

How it is spread out it seems the first bit will be Team 7 vs those Cloud Ninja that we met in the burger shop

as in the movie Mitsuki defeats the chubby one, Sarada the long haired one, and Boruto the Bubble Gum one

Episode 59 might be a Boruto focused one

Episode 60 is a Sarada one

Episode 61 is a speculative Shinki and Mitsuki one? for Shinki faces off against someone

Note that either in these episodes or maybe the episodes after you would still need to see Yodo fight and Cho Cho as well as Inojin. But it is likely in these episodes (crammed in) as in the manga Inojin and Cho Cho lose to Shinki and the other masked kid

Then you will need to have fights after all of these results

and that is just assuming that Team Iwabe and Team Sumire get kicked in the 2nd Stage and don't compete

Episode 58 will most likely use half or most of the episode for Boruto vs Yurui. We'll then see Sarada beat up Tarui in a manner similar to the movie, and quickly see parts of the other fights. We might see more then the movie, but I still think it's going to be over fairly quickly as far as the quaterfinals go. That being said, it looks like we'll get a fully fleshed out semifinals and possibly finals. I think it's safe to assume we're gonna get Boruto vs Shinki based upon the opening, and that's probably where Boruto will get called out for cheating by Naruto.

I'm curious to see how they handle Team Sumire. Team Iwabe will probably lose in the second round.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 58 will most likely use half or most of the episode for Boruto vs Yurui. We'll then see Sarada beat up Tarui in a manner similar to the movie, and quickly see parts of the other fights. We might see more then the movie, but I still think it's going to be over fairly quickly as far as the quaterfinals go. That being said, it looks like we'll get a fully fleshed out semifinals and possibly finals. I think it's safe to assume we're gonna get Boruto vs Shinki based upon the opening, and that's probably where Boruto will get called out for cheating by Naruto.

I'm curious to see how they handle Team Sumire. Team Iwabe will probably lose in the second round.
58 will likely have the cloud Ninja being defeated
59 might first start off showcasing how Inojin and Cho Cho lse against those sand folk, unless 60 does that before the Sarada fight... I doubt it though since Sarada's opponent needs to first beat Inojin (like in the manga/movie) before facing off against Sarada

60 could just be Sarada vs that dude but maybe they might jam in other fights too

61 isn't the finals or maybe not even the semi finals and it seems that via the manga that the tourney was moving up to being a 3 way match in the end instead of a 1 vs 1

who knows we don't have the summary or titles for 62+

Boruto still needs to get caught with the device as well as there are unknown factors like Team Sumire and also the fact that the tourney continues even after Boruto vs Shikadai

just a lot of untouched territory so it can go any way

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
58 will likely have the cloud Ninja being defeated
59 might first start off showcasing how Inojin and Cho Cho lse against those sand folk, unless 60 does that before the Sarada fight... I doubt it though since Sarada's opponent needs to first beat Inojin (like in the manga/movie) before facing off against Sarada

60 could just be Sarada vs that dude but maybe they might jam in other fights too

61 isn't the finals or maybe not even the semi finals and it seems that via the manga that the tourney was moving up to being a 3 way match in the end instead of a 1 vs 1

who knows we don't have the summary or titles for 62+

Boruto still needs to get caught with the device as well as there are unknown factors like Team Sumire and also the fact that the tourney continues even after Boruto vs Shikadai

just a lot of untouched territory so it can go any way

You know, I think we're largely saying the same thing. Just arguing about the specifics regarding the order. :P

Irregardless, I'm hyped.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_p8dg5dNyw71vbu5v5o1_1280.jpg

Kishimoto putting Ikemoto to shame lmao
Would be no surprise if the new Naruto Shinden novels sell ten times as much as the Boruto ones.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 57 (Will Spoil tag until Noon EST I guess lol)

Cho Cho is able to go massive (become a giant) at her age (genin)? That is pretty crazy.

Urashiki's mission seperate from Momoshiki and Kinshiki has me very interested, he clearly knew and stated that Gaara is no longer a Jin but yet he fished something out of Gaara and proceeded to leave once he did. I wonder what he took from him?

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This episode felt... off? It lacked any sort of energy, particularly when compared to the movie. Really strange.

... I really do wish they didn't rush things through, I had hoped for the exams to be more extended?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This episode felt... off? It lacked any sort of energy, particularly when compared to the movie. Really strange.

... I really do wish they didn't rush things through, I had hoped for the exams to be more extended?

Yeah, it really did feel like there was no energy at times in it.

I feel like their excessive reliance on the movie footage is hurting them a bit too much. Round 2 at the very least should have been a two part episode; no game of capture the flag ends that quickly. The actual round was a mere seven to eight minutes, not much longer than the movie itself, and the Boruto/Sarada/Mitsuki portion was largely taken from the movie.

Despite the pacing issues it presented back in Naruto, I kind of missed the stretched out episode count. This isn't just a problem with Boruto; My Hero Academia's tournament arc feels rather short at times too. Boruto just has the worst of it because they're borrowing so much footage from a movie that already had pacing issues.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
This episode was interesting but in a bad way... I mean, you have the second round of the chunin exams (which lasted several episodes in the first series in just 10 minutes in Boruto). The interesting part of course being the meeting between Sasuke, Gara and the Mizukage. They lost the chance to make Udon and Hanabi's teams shine at least for one episode.

Last edited:

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to keep restating my older opinion but this was just going through the motions it felt like. Again, I really don't want to see some of this movie stuff again. I won't mind seeing the fight at the end but everything leading up to it....no thanks.

My main takeaway from this episode: needs more of the sauce. Even Gaara was jelly.

Oct 25, 2017
So I got to the part of Boruto that's just an adaptation of the Naruto Gaiden thing. I forgot how hilarious all the Sarada stuff is. Jesus Christ, someone just tell her that Sakura is her actual mom.

I really enjoyed the first arc though. Hope we get more stuff like that

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that they just want to rush out of this arc as fast as possible since it was retold over and over again and is from the movie

what gave this arc its death wish was Kishi making a chunnin exams the main setting for a 1 hour movie

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that they just want to rush out of this arc as fast as possible since it was retold over and over again and is from the movie

what gave this arc its death wish was Kishi making a chunnin exams the main setting for a 1 hour movie

It really does feel like they wanted to rush past the first two rounds of the exams. It also feels like their budget is a bit limited, with how they keep reusing footage from the movie even for minor cuts.

That being said, if the schedule is any indication it looks like it's gonna slow down significantly starting from the third round fights. So hopefully they're pretty good!

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm glad I didn't watch the movie cause this is all new to me

I gotta give them credit where it's due. Their actual editing of the movie scenes in with the new anime scenes is top notch, and basically unnoticeable unless you already seen the scenes in question. Episode 53 (Himawari's Birthday) in particular switches back and forth so seamlessly that's it's incredible.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta give them credit where it's due. Their actual editing of the movie scenes in with the new anime scenes is top notch, and basically unnoticeable unless you already seen the scenes in question. Episode 53 (Himawari's Birthday) in particular switches back and forth so seamlessly that's it's incredible.
No doubt about it. And for most of the original scenes they've upped the art and animation to make it fit it right in, so it's really well-made in that sense.

Oct 25, 2017
This is one terrible chunin exam arc. Gonna go back and watch the goat. They rushing past this so fast idc what's happening. I wish the second round allowed for of the leaf teams to pass

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is one terrible chunin exam arc. Gonna go back and watch the goat. They rushing past this so fast idc what's happening. I wish the second round allowed for of the leaf teams to pass

To be fair, with all that was going on in the Naruto world at the time of the first chunin exam, there was no way this would even come close when what it's got is ninja tools, forced father drama and alien shit.
Though I am annoyed that the two teams that weren't in the movie got eliminated here.

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, with all that was going on in the Naruto world at the time of the first chunin exam, there was no way this would even come close when what it's got is ninja tools, forced father drama and alien shit.
Though I am annoyed that the two teams that weren't in the movie got eliminated here.
Take out all that outside chunin exam stuff that happened in part 1 I'm talking straight up the chunin exams them test episodes was legit, the Forrest freaking amazing. They're playing capture the flag and it's super disappointing that of course of course the only ones that get to actually fight are inoshikacho and team 3(not team 7)

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't seen the movie,
but unfortunately this arc aint about the chunin exams, that's why it kinda sucks. It's just a backdrop to the actual story arc that picks up after it goes off the rails.

Would have been cool though if they played it straight though.