• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe but there were also a bunch of other insanely powerful shinobi with kekkei genkai unique to them and/or vast knowledge as well. Madara, Hashirama, Tobirama, Nagato, etc. Plus, if Kabuto couldn't get the genetic material to reanimate Jiraiya, how did anyone get enough to clone him? I guess if it's a clone in the way Mitsuki is Orochimaru-like while clearly being distinct from him, it will be ok, I just don't really like the idea. Plus I've always been curious about Konohamaru's parents and it would be cool it if turned out to be his dad.
I think Jigen's reality manipulating maybe allowed him to get the necessary DNA
plus via modifications and that 10 tails they likely are able to buff him up exponentially

I think the reason why they chose Jiraiya is due to his connection to the LEAF and Land of Fire which KK is in charge of
plus Jiraiya was known for being the best in gathering intel as well as spying and infiltration which Kara maybe needed to due things on the low
he also has those flames and we know Jiraiya sealed away Itachi's Amateratsu way back in order to study them or something

yeah but we already saw all those guys reanimated. they could just pull some bs about kara finding it. idk i dont really think the 'how' matters that much considering this is Naruto and we've already had our fair share of asspulls lol

but yeah, i like that theory too, arguably more interesting. i dont feel like we will find out any time soon though lol
yup, ahem
AO

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
how can you tell he's shorter though if they never appeared side by side

compared heights to other people in scenes were there are with Adults
Jiraiya's height is absurd the dude is a giant while KK seems like he is Sasuke's height or just the average adult height
3168215-03-04.jpg
d1cecaf0f6b42843668e125865374cc8.jpg

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
3 tomoe sharingan for sarada was so anticlimactic when compared to when sasuke got each of his tomoes.

Oct 25, 2017
chp 40

Revamped team 7 is great, Kawaki Boruto as the frontline attackers are great. Sarada and Mitsuki could do more instead of just being basically part 1 Sakura paired up with part 2 Sakura, lol, or maybe Sakura and Sai...that said loved when MItsuki did get in there to save them.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the point of asking if he's Sasuke and being like "just kidding!". Like if Sasuke doesn't know Jiraya definiely knows it's him after saying that, that's just dumb.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the point of asking if he's Sasuke and being like "just kidding!". Like if Sasuke doesn't know Jiraya definiely knows it's him after saying that, that's just dumb.

I'm guessing Jiraiya didn't want to pry, but wanted confirmation. That was a way to do so. Also, Jiraiya being Jraiya.

(And also trolling the audience.)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like Sasuke has given Jiraiya so many hints inadvertantly that Jiraiya probably knows it is him, plus to explain in future.

I mean all sasuke has to do is use his visual prowess .

Sakura so gullible.

NaruBoru are great.

Oct 25, 2017
Loved todays episode, so much jutsu

best part was Naruto building all that suspense with figuring out Urashiki jutsu and then just repeating what Boruto said

Also Naruto Stream is so cool.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I liked this episode a lot, but jeez... the power scaling is all over the place. Feels like Urashiki could have ended this fight at any time, but doesn't for some reason. I won't even get started with the fact that Sasuke constantly seems to have no chakra this arc.

Jiraiya continues to be the best aspect of this arc, and his tactics for dealing with Urashiki are amazing.

Last edited:

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this episode was pretty whack. The animation seemed really stiff and cheap. I thought they were gonna try to avoid having Jiraiya see Urashiki's Rinnegan but... nope lol.

I do like Urashiki's King Crimson-like ability and the characters figuring out how it works was cool. Next week looks hype as well.

I'm not one to complain much about power scaling but yeah the believability is being stretched to its limits here. Jiraiya doesn't even feel the need to bring out Sage Mode.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this episode a lot, but jeez... the power scaling is all over the place. Feels like Urashiki could have ended this fight at any time, but doesn't for some reason. I won't even get started with the fact that Sasuke constantly seems to have no chakra this arc.

Jiraiya continues to be the best aspect of this arc, and his tactics for dealing with Urashiki are amazing.
i just assume urashiki is also running low on chakra, made sense to me why he would have used some of his jutsu for some of the random run and dash attacks from boruto or searching for sakura.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Episode was meh overall, there were some parts I liked such as Naruto stream and Jiraiya's plan. Episode was outsourced so it was pretty poor animation wise, but the next episode seems to bring the goods, so looking forward to it.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
a lot of this arc didn't make sense, it felt very lax too and we were reminded how boring K11 was post the Naruto and Sasuke fight but hey this last fights animation was sure pretty

now we can go back finally to the new gen kids again

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what the point of showing the rest of K11 if they weren't going to do anything this episode, but besides that, I loved this episode.

qajszV1.gif

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved this episode. Urashiki final form was great and Jiraiya using a lot of jutsus and getting hit hard was like a call back to his fight with Pain. Kinda called the final combined rasengan aswell!

I expect some man in black shit next episode now that Boruto went full "dad" in front of Jiraiya in this episode as well. After all, erasing memory is canon in Boruto anime.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
very pretty episode

lots of very colourful scenes and nice art/animation choices

applause to the animation/art staff

Oct 25, 2017
thank you for the lovely visual effects for a lovely arc, still wish they got two episodes out of this one, as it felt a bit on the condensed side closer to the end. (would have pushed the boruto reaching Naruto's heart to next episode)

Also lol at Sakura fainting when she had a chance to ask her burning question.

Also the ending song has grown on me, its so catchy

I wish to wish to be free!!!

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was nice looking, but man I am glad we're almost free of this arc lol. All these contrivances and inconsistencies are distracting the hell out of me.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
by the way after this arc wraps up with the last episode next week the next two episodes are:

An episode about Team Sumire after Sumire left, finding a replacement who happens to be a Samurai girl from the land of Iron

An episode about Borutot trying to figure out what type of present would be best for Hiashi's Bday and so spies on his Grandpa

not sure if the last one becomes an arc or not or if it is a one off

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This episode curbed a bit too much from the Momoshiki fight for my liking.

Still, the animation was hype, as was that final Rasengan. I must say I did like the touch of Boruto being the one to lift the Rasengan this time. That was a pretty great callback.

Urashiki mentioning that Boruto was the vessel for Momoshiki did explain why he didn't try to kill him immediately. It was pretty awkwardly written even if you DO know that plot point tho.

This arc was all over the place. It's character moments were GREAT.... when they happened. The actual fighting against Urashiki was fairly lame tho. And Boruto barely got to talk with the rest of the Konoha 11.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's basiclaly Boruto in general. Good character scenes, not so good action plot.

The manga's been pretty successful with both. It's just that the pacing sucked until recently.

Speaking of character moments, something this arc did a GOOD job of is comparing and contrasting Naruto and Boruto. Both of them are extroverted, energetic, and rambunctious. But when Boruto hits moments where the rambunctious energy ends, he starts acting A LOT like Hinata. One good example was back in Episode 131, where he displayed a level of gentleness that's more associated with her.

Of course, he wasn't successful at stopping Naruto here. But none the less, the expression on his face is very different from the usual Naruto-like expressions he can make. This isn't the first time we've seen this either. As far back as the first arc of the anime, we've seen an occasional gentle side to him show up. It was also very noticeable after him and Naruto talk right before the Momoshiki fight.

The episode after also showed off another Hinata-like trait in that Boruto has the same introspective nature and tendency to put himself down for his failures. Notice the scenes after Boruto slaps away Naruto's hand because he's afraid of the Nine Tails:

He immediately puts himself down. Just like Hinata.

We rarely, if ever, saw Naruto put himself down. He had a straightforward nature and could always keep himself motivated. Usually, when Naruto became introspective, it was because something in the plot MADE him become introspective: His fight with Neji and Hinata talking to him, Pain "killing" Hinata, The Waterfall of Truth scene, Neji's death, The genjutsu ball trap in The Last. Etc, etc. Something always knocks him into an introspective state. Contrast this to Boruto, who becomes introspective fairly quickly, often because he's failing at something. When he feels he's made a huge mistake by swiping away his own father's hand. When he fails to master the Byakugan. When he feels guilty using the cheating device during the Chunin Exams.

This kid is like the perfect mixture of his parents, even if it isn't always obvious at first. He's got Naruto's energy, his extroverted nature, and his natural talent for drawing in friends. But he's also got Hinata's gentleness and introspective and perceptive nature.

And he's so very much a Tsundere, lol.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
maybe 2020 is when we will finally get the manga stuff adapted

we have a ton of material now for maybe 2 arcs while keeping some content (a mini arc and a few chapters) still left untouched to adapt

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
maybe 2020 is when we will finally get the manga stuff adapted

we have a ton of material now for maybe 2 arcs while keeping some content (a mini arc and a few chapters) still left untouched to adapt

They could honestly probably double the Kawaki arc. The timeframe before Delta arrives is just ripe for character interactions. There's also Shikamaru Shinden if it's adopted alongside the Mujima Bandits arc, as the two tie in pretty well.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
The manga's been pretty successful with both. It's just that the pacing sucked until recently.

Just meant the anime btw.

I like that character analysis. Gj.

Naruto be like

Screenshot_20190317-180013.jpg

I completely fell off this anime arc, has it been good

I got back in for this arc. (seems im gonna drop it again now tho lol) It was basically about the same quality but with a time travel scenario.

edit: yeah it probably is lower than usual quality on a technical level

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oof, honestly wasn't expecting to hear that, didn't have to be a masterpiece or anything, but the concept for the arc seemed like a slam dunk lol

Oct 25, 2017
I was kind of of hoping for more of Urashiki because it felt like he was being built up as having different priorities than the rest of his family. Then we get to to this arc and dude is just shouting generic movie villain lines.

Oof, honestly wasn't expecting to hear that, didn't have to be a masterpiece or anything, but the concept for the arc seemed like a slam dunk lol

Yeah, I was looking forward to it also, but it's been kind of slog. This recent episode was pretty good, but I was expecting better from this arc

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah. I'm really kind of disappointed. We barely got Boruto interacting with the original cast beyond a single episode, and the inconsistencies with Urashiki's tactics and Sasuke being out of Chakra every five minutes really didn't help. The final battle being largely a rehash of Episode 65 sucked too.

The only saving grace were the character moments they DID have. Which were pretty great, especially Jiraiya as I noted earlier.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since Urashiki was originally meant to be part of the movie, I wonder if this was also the intendend role for him? Not sure how much we know about the script before the changes.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
They could honestly probably double the Kawaki arc. The timeframe before Delta arrives is just ripe for character interactions. There's also Shikamaru Shinden if it's adopted alongside the Mujima Bandits arc, as the two tie in pretty well.
you're right that is a good idea

perfect place for them to take a break and continue more anime original arcs
would be perfect in increasing the time spent with Kawaki, etc..
Since Urashiki was originally meant to be part of the movie, I wonder if this was also the intendend role for him? Not sure how much we know about the script before the changes.
I feel maybe the OG script had him die and/or be eaten in the movie but the anime added him because they wanted to do something with him before

but I feel that whole plan fell through sometime later on and so they just decided to get rid of him in the most generic villain way possible via Kishi's past idea and making him the villain for it

ironically the folklore that he is based on is all about time and the dragon palace, a turtle and him turning into a crane via his mistakes

I wonder if anyone will remember poor Toneri still frozen on the moon?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There was no need to make everyone forget everything.

Also lol at Jiraiya's lie.

Ending bonding scene was amazing.

I mean, I expected it. It's an easy way to tie up loose ends with no issues and not have the fanbase go "BUT WHAT IF..." down the line.

The character moments were really good. All of the scenes after they get back to the present are just heartwarming.

Are hinata and sasuke related?

hinatathelastj0kka.gif