• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I squee.

I'm absolutely loving the interactions between Boruto and the part 1 cast. I really hope we get more of this inbetween fighting Urashiki.

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt think we needed Urashiki so soon, wanted more of Boruto living with Naruto and bonding as they interact with the others.

Also lol at Kiba, him wanting to be hokage is still one of my fav parts of his character.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
This episode made me realize that Shikamaru and Shikadai aren't identical as I thought. Before, I thought the only real difference was the eye color.

But now I realize that Shikadai's irises are huge compared to Shikamaru's.

Also the hairline is completely different.

And Shikadai's hair in the bun resembles his mom's hair in her buns more than his dad's.

temari---.jpg

Shikamaru-Nara-In-Naruto.jpg

latest

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
It is so refreshing hearing the original Naruto OST, instead of the same soundtracks over and over again from the weak Boruto OST.

Anyways... I had my doubts about this special, but I like where it's going, so far. Kinda curious how and if it will affect the current Boruto timeline, though? Are we going to see Naruto (for example) remembering all of this, when they return to the present? Are we going to see other changes? Maybe they'll pull a Men in Black moment and let everyone forget the events? Don't know if I'd like that.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm watchin ep 130 rn... Man I wanted Boruto to meet young Sasuke so bad. Since he literally mentions it in this ep maybe it's a hint that he will? 👀

I would rather he had met sasuke before he left, but imagine if we got a Boruto vs Sasuke fight in this period 👀

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this is garbage. It feels like the anime is being written by someone who has never seen the original.

It's completely lacking the tension and intensity of the original. Jiraiya just kinda standing there and walking slowly when Naruto is being attacked? Not being suspicious of the two strangers and just telling them all the village secrets?

It doesn't help that the animation is trash and that the original OST, while welcome, is poorly used.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is so refreshing hearing the original Naruto OST, instead of the same soundtracks over and over again from the weak Boruto OST.

Anyways... I had my doubts about this special, but I like where it's going, so far. Kinda curious how and if it will affect the current Boruto timeline, though? Are we going to see Naruto (for example) remembering all of this, when they return to the present? Are we going to see other changes? Maybe they'll pull a Men in Black moment and let everyone forget the events? Don't know if I'd like that.

My theory is that this collaboration Jutsu Jiraiya is talking about is the giant Rasengan that Naruto and Boruto use to defeat Momoshiki. Would be cool!

Sasuke should let Jiraiya know that Naruto became a good hokage. He should rest in peace when he died against Pain.

I was thinking Jiraya will figured out everything but as he dies in the pain Arc, nothing big changes in the main timeline.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Man, this is garbage. It feels like the anime is being written by someone who has never seen the original.

It's completely lacking the tension and intensity of the original. Jiraiya just kinda standing there and walking slowly when Naruto is being attacked? Not being suspicious of the two strangers and just telling them all the village secrets?

It doesn't help that the animation is trash and that the original OST, while welcome, is poorly used.

Yup the scenario writing is still Boruto tier but at least the concept is fun enough to carry it through imo.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah one of the things that always bugs me about the Naruto anime, especially in "filler" episodes is that the characters feel so nerfed. Like how is Jiraiya not losing his shit here? Urashiki is doing shit way beyond what we saw in Part 1 lol.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that there is no sense of urgency (other Boruto anime arcs at least had that)

and out of all the other Boruto anime arcs, this one has honestly the slowest plot and worst animation/art direction lol

I heard all the main animators and people who worked on the previous arcs are busy with other things right now too so I guess it makes sense

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Other Boruto arcs weren't as bad with that kind of thing as this episode was, but still sorta weak compared to Naruto.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
The manga's pacing is so damn good. Monthly is a risk, but it's really coming along at a good clip

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the chapter. The last bit with Jiraiya asking Sasuke was great. Also I liked tje talk between Neji and Boruto. I can't see how all this wont affect the main Boruto time line though. I can't see Urashiki surviving this arc either. Will see.

Oct 25, 2017
Hope Sasuke just dropped a picture of Sarada or something, was going to say maybe she will think it is karin, but then sasuke hebi team shouldnt even be made yet since this is in those original story line moments preshippuden.

In any case, loved the neji boruto stuff and I consistently love the constant Naruto is like Boruto in both mannerisms and thinking (though is funny Boruto keeps doubting him at times).

Was definitely hoping for the fearful moments Boruto would have and its playing out nicely.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hope Sasuke just dropped a picture of Sarada or something, was going to say maybe she will think it is karin, but then sasuke hebi team shouldnt even be made yet since this is in those original story line moments preshippuden.

Presumably, he dropped the note that Sarada wrote a few episodes back. The one that mentions him, Boruto, and Kakashi all by name. >.>

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Presumably, he dropped the note that Sarada wrote a few episodes back. The one that mentions him, Boruto, and Kakashi all by name. >.>
Also I believe Sasuke's name was mention as well, but translation didn't make it clear. She says in the letter "Boruto said, "Ask Mr. Sasuke to ask Kakashi to borrow Icha Icha Tactic" I guess translators didn't realize that it would play an important role in the story.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Timeline is gonna be fucked.
Sasuke"I'm out of chakra" Uchiha gone goofed.

Since Jiraiya knows. Kashin Koji anyone?

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
So Jiraiya knows and Sakura possibly knows now. Kid Naruto is too dense to ever figure it out though.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Manga spoilers.
Kashin Koji seems way too brutal to be Jiraiya. I really hope they don't do some Obito repeat shit with him. I want him to be his own character.

Personally, I like the idea of him being one of Jiraiya's illegitimate children lol. But I also have a hard time making that an interesting plot point in my head. Also I guess it'd be kind of lame if every character was related to a previous gen one...

Nov 17, 2017
I feel
he is more of a Full Frontal if anything (a clone with memories)
Honestly that bothers me too. I kind of just want the legacy of Jiraiya to remain as it was. Even a clone with his memories just feels like trying to bring him back when he thematically penned his final chapter.

Plus, why even clone him? I feel like any explanation for that would feel contrived.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly that bothers me too. I kind of just want the legacy of Jiraiya to remain as it was. Even a clone with his memories just feels like trying to bring him back when he thematically penned his final chapter.

Plus, why even clone him? I feel like any explanation for that would feel contrived.
why not clone him? he was one of the strongest shinobi of all time, had a vast array of techniques, plus he had a ton of knowledge on everything due to his nature as an intelligence gatherer. i'm ok with them having a clone of jiraiya because i don't think it tarnishes jiraiya's legacy since they are different characters in the end. kinda like Mitsuki and his clones.

Nov 17, 2017
why not clone him? he was one of the strongest shinobi of all time, had a vast array of techniques, plus he had a ton of knowledge on everything due to his nature as an intelligence gatherer. i'm ok with them having a clone of jiraiya because i don't think it tarnishes jiraiya's legacy since they are different characters in the end. kinda like Mitsuki and his clones.
Maybe but there were also a bunch of other insanely powerful shinobi with kekkei genkai unique to them and/or vast knowledge as well. Madara, Hashirama, Tobirama, Nagato, etc. Plus, if Kabuto couldn't get the genetic material to reanimate Jiraiya, how did anyone get enough to clone him? I guess if it's a clone in the way Mitsuki is Orochimaru-like while clearly being distinct from him, it will be ok, I just don't really like the idea. Plus I've always been curious about Konohamaru's parents and it would be cool it if turned out to be his dad. Not only would it fill in an odd blank spot in the Sarutobi clan history, it would also allow Konohamaru to be more significant in the plot, being related to a member of Kara.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe but there were also a bunch of other insanely powerful shinobi with kekkei genkai unique to them and/or vast knowledge as well. Madara, Hashirama, Tobirama, Nagato, etc. Plus, if Kabuto couldn't get the genetic material to reanimate Jiraiya, how did anyone get enough to clone him? I guess if it's a clone in the way Mitsuki is Orochimaru-like while clearly being distinct from him, it will be ok, I just don't really like the idea. Plus I've always been curious about Konohamaru's parents and it would be cool it if turned out to be his dad.
yeah but we already saw all those guys reanimated. they could just pull some bs about kara finding it. idk i dont really think the 'how' matters that much considering this is Naruto and we've already had our fair share of asspulls lol

but yeah, i like that theory too, arguably more interesting. i dont feel like we will find out any time soon though lol