• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I expected nothing from this episode, and it ended up being AMAZING.

Everyone's hilarious reaction to the Icha Icha books is amazing. Plus Hinata admitting that she's been in love with Naruto since childhood was incredible too.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Rereading some posts about the last manga chapter from the previous page...

I actually don't think Isshiki is going to possess Kawaki's body...in the first chapter, Boruto addresses Kawaki as Kawaki, and not anyone else. I have to believe that Sasuke would pass the knowledge of Isshiki Otsutsuki onto Boruto, so why would Boruto address him as Kawaki? Of course you could argue that they hadn't thought of the possession thing yet, or that they did it purposefully so as not to give anything away later in the story, or even that Boruto doesn't know about Isshiki. Personally I think Isshiki is going to be dealt with somehow and Kawaki is going to become a 'villain' of his own volition.

Of course there's still the whole thing about Kawaki saying 'I'll sent you where I sent the 7th', so I think the argument is probably stronger for Isshiki being in his body at that time, but I think it would be more interesting if it was actually just Kawaki

I guess we'll find out sooner or later

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Apparent Spoilers on what the next big arc is (The Poster)

Involves two people
Boruto and Sasuke go back in time with Urashiki who wishes to kill kid Naruto

no one else tags along

Naruto's voice actor stated such in the Naruto to Boruto live event that happened this weekend

Rereading some posts about the last manga chapter from the previous page...

I actually don't think Isshiki is going to possess Kawaki's body...in the first chapter, Borough addresses Kawaki as Kawaki, and not anyone else. I have to believe that Sasuke would pass the knowledge of Isshiki Otsutsuki onto Boruto, so why would Boruto address him as Kawaki? Of course you could argue that they hadn't thought of the possession thing yet, or that they did it purposefully so as not to give anything away later in the story, or even that Boruto doesn't know about Isshiki. Personally I think Isshiki is going to be dealt with somehow and Kawaki is going to become a 'villain' of his own volition.

Of course there's still the whole thing about Kawaki saying 'I'll sent you where I sent the 7th', so I think the argument is probably stronger for Isshiki being in his body at that time, but I think it would be more interesting if it was actually just Kawaki

I guess we'll find out sooner or later
I agree with this

if anything

Kawaki states the Naruto line because he feels that by extension it was his fault Naruto got sealed in the first place

Kawaki might kill Isshiki and claim his powers before said event

Nov 17, 2017
I only periodically check in on the anime but this episode about the kids trying to find Jiraiya's book series and all the adults' reactions to it is really cute and funny. I think the anime is really good at this kind of stuff.

I'm guessing at some point were getting a Hidden Cloud arc because we've gotten one for all the other villages so far
I'd love to see Darui do something. Honestly, all the new Kages really get the short end of the stick and end up looking weak.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Apparent Spoilers on what the next big arc is (The Poster)

Involves two people
Boruto and Sasuke go back in time with Urashiki who wishes to kill kid Naruto

no one else tags along

Naruto's voice actor stated such in the Naruto to Boruto live event that happened this weekend

I agree with this

if anything

Kawaki states the Naruto line because he feels that by extension it was his fault Naruto got sealed in the first place

Kawaki might kill Isshiki and claim his powers before said event

Interesting anime arc I guess? Are they just waiting until the manga ends to get to that content? Lol

also

I don't think Kawaki is going to to get Isshiki's powers. I think they (Sasuke, Kawaki, Boruto and possibly Naruto?) are going to work together to take down Isshiki, and then Kawaki is going to pull a Sasuke and try to 'revolutionize' the world

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So I stopped watching the anime after the Mitsuki rescue arc ended.
but are any of the recent arcs worth watching before jumping back into the current time travel arc??

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So I stopped watching the anime after the Mitsuki rescue arc ended.
but are any of the recent arcs worth watching before jumping back into the current time travel arc??
The arc that focused on Mirai is definitely worth watching. Other than that, it's mostly a few one off episodes here and there.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting anime arc I guess? Are they just waiting until the manga ends to get to that content? Lol

also

I don't think Kawaki is going to to get Isshiki's powers. I think they (Sasuke, Kawaki, Boruto and possibly Naruto?) are going to work together to take down Isshiki, and then Kawaki is going to pull a Sasuke and try to 'revolutionize' the world
This arc is for the 20th anniversary of Naruto.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
if they had a ton of manga content and were adapting said content in the anime then I doubt we would've gotten this upcoming arc

at most it would've been a movie instead

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
if they had a ton of manga content and were adapting said content in the anime then I doubt we would've gotten this upcoming arc

at most it would've been a movie instead
I feel like there's at least a few spots where they could easily insert a lot of filler in the manga right now, so I think it's weird they won't even begin to the start the current storyline, especially when they already planted a seed back in episode 53 that a bunch of folks probably forgot about by now

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's at least a few spots where they could easily insert a lot of filler in the manga right now, so I think it's weird they won't even begin to the start the current storyline, especially when they already planted a seed back in episode 53 that a bunch of folks probably forgot about by now
problem is that beyond the first 2 mini arcs the following arcs have a sense of urgency for me to see them stretch it out with anime filler

post this current arc? yeah they can do it

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
problem is that beyond the first 2 mini arcs the following arcs have a sense of urgency for me to see them stretch it out with anime filler

post this current arc? yeah they can do it
Manga Spoilers:
In Chapter 34, after the Delta fight where they have that montage of Kawaki hanging out in the village and getting to know all the other kids, that could easily be a season of TV before Jigen comes to pick him up.

Can confirm. I have no clue what you're referring to lol

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Manga Spoilers:
In Chapter 34, after the Delta fight where they have that montage of Kawaki hanging out in the village and getting to know all the other kids, that could easily be a season of TV before Jigen comes to pick him up.
I could see that if

Someone convinces Jigen to chill and let Kawaki stay in Konoha to observe him and Kashin Koji

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the episode and it was fun but I find it highly vexing that no one said anything about the new OP. I really like the song, as is often the case for me with miwa songs, and the way the beginning presents Boruto going through his routine. Solid overall.

I have one problem with it though and it's that this is the 3rd OP in a row where it feels very vague in what it actually is trying to sell. I was reminded of what Mother's Basement said about Naruto OP8 (which I love btw) and how it felt to him like an OP for if Naruto was an aimless slice-of-life comedy. This new OP feels like that just like the last two but unlike those, this one didn't even bother action-wise and has the kids fight the camera instead of a made-up monster/evil group. By the time this OP finishes its run, presumably in 6 months, we'll have had 1 year and a half of consecutive Openings still trying to sell "Boruto" as an overall concept/brand instead of selling what is actually happening. And that's a bad look cause doing this from episodes 76 through 150+ suggests nothing that's worth presenting as important actually happened. When the OPs are most similar to one from the filler hell of Naruto, that doesn't help the idea many have of Boruto seeming unimportant or like its spinning its wheels.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode. I liked seeing the pictures and the old gen reminisce. Looking forward to what is done with this time travel arc because right now I don't really see the point of it considering that the point of the Movie/Chunin Exams arc was to get Boruto to understand and respect the road his father had gone through so this feels redundant for now.
It was neat how the pictures reinforce the idea that the anime filler of Naruto is canon to the anime of Naruto. Reminded me of that filler dude from the Mist showing up in the episode with Gaara's speech before the war.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just rewatched the first OP and damn did it just my problem with the new one seem worse. Played them side by side and they are basically the same OP except the kids have headbands now. Even start with the same "oh look at Boruto getting out of bed all groggy".

My favorite song tied to Boruto is still Diver, the ED for the movie, by far. Love that so much. My favorite from the TV run specifically is the second ED from the Scarlet Spring adaptation.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I expected nothing from this episode, and it ended up being AMAZING.

Everyone's hilarious reaction to the Icha Icha books is amazing. Plus Hinata admitting that she's been in love with Naruto since childhood was incredible too.
really good episode, havent watch boruto in over 1 year, and this was a nice one to come back to, i might watch this arc

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
we aren't going to see any of the manga stuff for a long time. they are going to milk Boruto even harder than Naruto lol.

i don't think the anime has covered anything from the manga post Momoshiki, has it?

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
we aren't going to see any of the manga stuff for a long time. they are going to milk Boruto even harder than Naruto lol.

i don't think the anime has covered anything from the manga post Momoshiki, has it?
Nope. And it doesn't surprise me that they wanna milk it, I just thought they'd want to milk it with Kawaki around lol.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Boruto's gonna blab about the endgame pairings and undo his and all his friends' existences

Oct 25, 2017
Todays episode was interesting but the urashiki plan and sending all the visitors out of the village could have spread too episode, as it was pretty obvious what the plan was with reducing numbers (though I will say the genjutsu part was interesting).

Also its great the ancient relic was finally back to being put into play.

Also the ending part of the episode looked so cool with the background and what not. (also lol at Boruto landing face down)

What role will future Sasuke play in this past.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
the Otsutsuki are extremely high tech

seeing as part of this was Kishi's ideas I wonder how far he wanted to implement scifi into the story if he continued to have the reigns

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
the Otsutsuki are extremely high tech

seeing as part of this was Kishi's ideas I wonder how far he wanted to implement scifi into the story if he continued to have the reigns
I always liked the idea of the ninja descending from this long dead high tech civilization. I used to theorize about that when they first showed Pain's hideout and stuff like how the Asura path straight up conjures mecha weaponry.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
This is my dream arc. Boruto going back in time with Sasuke to meet Jiraiya and confront Sasuke's past.

Anything not in the manga is non-cannon correct?

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
This is my dream arc. Boruto going back in time with Sasuke to meet Jiraiya and confront Sasuke's past.

Anything not in the manga is non-cannon correct?
Not necessarily. It seems like everything in the anime is more or less happening with the manga skipping over it. For example in the manga later on Boruto mentions going on a school trip to the Mist village, but that arc was only in the anime. Also Sumire shows up later in the manga and the characters already know her when she was introduced in the anime. Some things are different though, like Boruto and Sarada find out Mitsuki is artificial on-panel in a later arc, but in the anime they already found out.

Edit: on the other iirc Urashiki has been totally absent in the manga

Last edited: