• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
the prequel to Boruto
tumblr_ort2om3RzX1qi4iczo1_400.gif

Naruto threads never turn out well.
Yeah, smarter not to make a thread lol. Naruto was the first anime I watched on the internet too and the first manga I read through scans (before I even knew that scans came out before the magazine in Japan lol). Love it so much. It's not perfect but I'm thankful for it's existence. And just as it and others learned from Dragon Ball, it's cool to see manga current and future learn from Naruto.

Edit: Was this Area 51 thing planned for Naruto's anniversary? Cause I just saw this tweet from SJ

And that's some freaky timing.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Official Anime Naruto Anniversary Poster

F4Y77HK.jpg

Doubt it signifies anything, wonder why Boruto is wearing different clothes too instead of the Naruto jumpsuit he wore in the Momoshiki/Exams arc since his arm's sleeve is ripped and also bandaged

or maybe it is something like some Road to Ninja like arc or Movie

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Time traveling arc/movie would be *awesome*

Also, the latest chapter is awesome too. Really excited to see where they go next.

Am I one of the only people who doesn't believe that we're gonna have a timeskip? I feel like we're only like 1/4th of the way through the story, and we're gonna see a more natural progression of time instead.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Am I one of the only people who doesn't believe that we're gonna have a timeskip? I feel like we're only like 1/4th of the way through the story, and we're gonna see a more natural progression of time instead.

I think we won't get the timeskip until a couple of chapters too but I also think those chapters will set up the timeskip direction

like Sasuke leaving with Boruto as both are wanted men by Jigen

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think we won't get the timeskip until a couple of chapters too but I also think those chapters will set up the timeskip direction

like Sasuke leaving with Boruto as both are wanted men by Jigen

I have a feeling that Jigen/Isshiki is gonna get Kawaki's body sooner or later, but he's gonna have to deal with the fact that Kawaki's missing an arm. Which could set up for Boruto vs Kawaki/Isshiki.

Something is gonna put him out of commission at any rate.

Also, I'm kind of curious as to how Boruto and Himawari will react to Naruto being sealed away. They were both devastated during Momoshiki's attack, and this time Sasuke's not coming by to save the day.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling that Jigen/Isshiki is gonna get Kawaki's body sooner or later, but he's gonna have to deal with the fact that Kawaki's missing an arm. Which could set up for Boruto vs Kawaki/Isshiki.

Something is gonna put him out of commission at any rate.

Also, I'm kind of curious as to how Boruto and Himawari will react to Naruto being sealed away. They were both devastated during Momoshiki's attack, and this time Sasuke's not coming by to save the day.
I really think Jigen/Isshiki will succeed in taking back Kawaki. Maybe not Jigen/Isshiki himself going there since his vessel time is running out but instead he might send his inner goons to finish the retrieval job

KK is the question here will he go and take Kawaki or go to Boruto who has yet to arrive at the scene?

I really do hope they later focus on the Uzumaki families reaction with what happened to Naruto and don't just have it brushed off by only having Kawaki and Sarada only react to said event

no one knows other then Jigen if Naruto is dead or alive afterall

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really think Jigen/Isshiki will succeed in taking back Kawaki. Maybe not Jigen/Isshiki himself going there since his vessel time is running out but instead he might send his inner goons to finish the retrieval job

KK is the question here will he go and take Kawaki or go to Boruto who has yet to arrive at the scene?

I really do hope they later focus on the Uzumaki families reaction with what happened to Naruto and don't just have it brushed off by only having Kawaki and Sarada only react to said event

Well Sasuke has an idea of what happened to Naruto... but yeah, you're right in that he *currently* doesn't know if Naruto's dead in the seal or not. They're probably gonna assume the worst given that Kawaki's hand fell off.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Official Anime Naruto Anniversary Poster

F4Y77HK.jpg

Doubt it signifies anything, wonder why Boruto is wearing different clothes too instead of the Naruto jumpsuit he wore in the Momoshiki/Exams arc since his arm's sleeve is ripped and also bandaged

or maybe it is something like some Road to Ninja like arc or Movie

Google translation:
n the following story of "NARUTO", Naruto Uzumaki's son, Uzumaki Bolt, will be the next generation of children.
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of the weekly Shonen Jump series of the original "NARUTO-", the TV anime "BORUTO-Bolt-NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS" from October will feature Naruto and Bolt from the boyhood. Enter the new series!

And that latest visual was unveiled today !
Also, during the broadcast, we received comments from Dr. Masashi Kishimoto, the original author of "NARUTO"!
In addition, comments from Naruko Uzumaki, Junko Takeuchi, and Yuko Sampei, who played the role of Uzumaki Bolt!
Please look forward to "BORUTO-NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS" from October!

■ Mr. Masashi Kishimoto Comment:
"It would be fun to see Naruto from Bolt and his boyhood!"… The anime staff responded to my unreasonable appearance! Bolt & Naruto & Sasuke ... There seems to be an old character! Please have a look at this festival!

■ Naru Uzumaki Junko Takeuchi Comment
What! this time! Child bolts and child Naruto will meet & meet! A clever bolt and unexpected No. 1 Naruto! What kind of relationship will you build? ! I'm looking forward to seeing you ^ _ ^

■ Uzumaki Bolt role Yuko Sanbe Comment
One ... No, many? A dream come true! It 's a hot new development. I'm looking forward to your reaction when it was broadcast. Even after the dubbing scene, the heat will enter. Please expect by all means.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Google translation:
n the following story of "NARUTO", Naruto Uzumaki's son, Uzumaki Bolt, will be the next generation of children.
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of the weekly Shonen Jump series of the original "NARUTO-", the TV anime "BORUTO-Bolt-NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS" from October will feature Naruto and Bolt from the boyhood. Enter the new series!

And that latest visual was unveiled today !
Also, during the broadcast, we received comments from Dr. Masashi Kishimoto, the original author of "NARUTO"!
In addition, comments from Naruko Uzumaki, Junko Takeuchi, and Yuko Sampei, who played the role of Uzumaki Bolt!
Please look forward to "BORUTO-NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS" from October!

■ Mr. Masashi Kishimoto Comment:
"It would be fun to see Naruto from Bolt and his boyhood!"… The anime staff responded to my unreasonable appearance! Bolt & Naruto & Sasuke ... There seems to be an old character! Please have a look at this festival!

■ Naru Uzumaki Junko Takeuchi Comment
What! this time! Child bolts and child Naruto will meet & meet! A clever bolt and unexpected No. 1 Naruto! What kind of relationship will you build? ! I'm looking forward to seeing you ^ _ ^

■ Uzumaki Bolt role Yuko Sanbe Comment
One ... No, many? A dream come true! It 's a hot new development. I'm looking forward to your reaction when it was broadcast. Even after the dubbing scene, the heat will enter. Please expect by all means.
thanks for this

so we will know what is up in October

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Boruto's too much of a dork to have swag. The entire Uzumaki family is full of dorks, and episode 8 proved he's the dorkiest of them all.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up with the manga.
Since Isshiki is alive with Jigen, i also bet Momoshiki is alive with Boruto. All vessels have karma. That makes Boruto a vessel.
So it's gonna be Kawaki/Isshiki vs Boruto/Momo.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking more and more about just reading the manga recently. Cause I always peek at the spoilers here and it seems like big shit is going down that's more interesting than what the anime is doing and I could probably just get used to art after a while.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking more and more about just reading the manga recently. Cause I always peek at the spoilers here and it seems like big shit is going down that's more interesting than what the anime is doing and I could probably just get used to art after a while.
you'll get used to it and the art has been improving.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Ikemoto's art is much better. There's still some annoying things like how weirdly horny he is for Sarada. But his art has gotten much closer to Kishimoto's style lately. Sasuke's hair for example, actually looks correct now.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
yeah the anime isn't going to get to the manga stuff anytime soon especially since the next arc is some anniversary stuff for the anime instead of finally adapting the manga

which means the next OP will likely be random again come October, meaning that we won't get a new OP until April of next year and likely won't get manga content until then at the earliest

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he really needs to dial back on that about 120%. I have to stop and ask why every time she shows up in the manga.
I have no idea how some of his illustrations manage to pass in production. The volume 3 cover is absurd, she's like 12 for god's sake. And even if she was older her character is so book-ish and practical that I have no idea how they thought it'd be appropriate to give her that kind of design.

Nov 17, 2017
I have no idea how some of his illustrations manage to pass in production. The volume 3 cover is absurd, she's like 12 for god's sake. And even if she was older her character is so book-ish and practical that I have no idea how they thought it'd be appropriate to give her that kind of design.
Exactly, there even was a scene with her being flirty with some bad guys, wondering if one of them were her type. Sarada, you're 12. Stop.

I also agree that it doesn't suit her personality at all. Sarada is my favorite Boruto character but this aspect of her in the manga really ruins her character.

It just feels out of place in the Naruto universe too. Kishimoto was never extremely horny with his depictions of female characters. Like yeah, I know sexy jutsu exists and there's other instances of fanservice but it never went overboard. You didn't really get designs like that with the kids in early Naruto.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Current manga arc is good tbh. Lots of development and opens up so many future possibilities.
We actually now know where the story is heading.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Is the anime ever going to cover the stuff in the manga? I hear stuff is getting good there
They've set up a few plot points in the anime that will lead to things in the manga (cloaked man behind Katasuke in episode 53, Sumire joining the science research team) so I guess they plan to get there eventually but it's crazy how long they're taking.

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, there even was a scene with her being flirty with some bad guys, wondering if one of them were her type. Sarada, you're 12. Stop.

I also agree that it doesn't suit her personality at all. Sarada is my favorite Boruto character but this aspect of her in the manga really ruins her character.

It just feels out of place in the Naruto universe too. Kishimoto was never extremely horny with his depictions of female characters. Like yeah, I know sexy jutsu exists and there's other instances of fanservice but it never went overboard. You didn't really get designs like that with the kids in early Naruto.

Kishimoto had some horny character designs, but all of them were significantly of age.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
plus it is how you draw it and the proportions that cause greater offence

I remember that Sarada's academy outfit is the exact same outfit she has in the manga

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

? Sasuke knows

Well Sasuke has an idea of what happened to Naruto... but yeah, you're right in that he *currently* doesn't know if Naruto's dead in the seal or not. They're probably gonna assume the worst given that Kawaki's hand fell off.
Jigen literally says it would be too much of a pain to try to kill Naruto because of Kurama. It's why he used the seal. Sasuke knows he's not dead

Just caught up with the manga.
Since Isshiki is alive with Jigen, i also bet Momoshiki is alive with Boruto. All vessels have karma. That makes Boruto a vessel.
So it's gonna be Kawaki/Isshiki vs Boruto/Momo.
plausible

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was certainly much less offensive in the anime but even still, that episode she changed to her movie outfit gave me irrational happiness lol
Apparently the Boruto novels is the official manga timeline as the anime diverges a bit and changes things up, like how they found out about Mitsuki's background.

Everything up till the genin exams is what the novels cover. Five novels in total.

Here is the interesting bit, the novels have some illustrations by Ikemoto, maybe one or two pages of a full page sketch per novel.

In the Mist arc which is post Gaiden (the novels skip Gaiden since it is Kishi's work) Sarada wears her Gaiden outfit and you can even look online and see the sketch for it as well as the novel cover having her dressed in said outfit. Post arc she switches back.

nah
Sasuke was there with Naruto before the sealing was complete and left prior to the seal being finalized. He isn't certain if Naruto was sealed or killed off. Jigen could've chose to just kill Naruto after failing to get Sasuke.

Last edited:

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It happened!

Uzumaki Family all eating at Ichiraku Ramen!

daniel_bryan_yes05jzb.gif

Also, on a more serious note... I wonder if the reason why the Hyuga have to go through so much training to unlock the Byakugan is due to anger? Like learning to control that split aspect of their personality is a key aspect of it. Would explain a lot about Hinata's character too.

Last edited:

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
I recently started this series and.....its not that bad?
Like it gives me the first season naruto vibes which was unexpected so till now im enjoying it

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up. The Urashiki arc was okay? I feel like he doesn't come off as threatening as an Otsutsuki should be. Then again I guess he left everyone in shambles lol.