• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
If Kawaki actually intends to deal with Konoha's hypocrisy then I'm gonna like him a lot. That's some Pain shit
Can't see it going down like that tbh, (Manga spoilers)
he's probably being used as a vessel, I can't see how we go from where we are to Kawaki wanting to destroy the whole village.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Can't see it going down like that tbh, (Manga spoilers)
he's probably being used as a vessel, I can't see how we go from where we are to Kawaki wanting to destroy the whole village.

eivri14pwl511.png

4604477-2228409004-SfFtZ.jpg

tumblr_inline_p7g52byGtu1qaxqx7_1280.png

b5b113e728176867ebf130c38995250f87b73cb5_00.jpg

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of Sasuke, he's just a fucking idiot. Kawaki seems like a level headed dude (so far at least). However this is an issue! We shall just have to wait and see I guess.
there is many ways it can go
Kawaki didn't kill Naruto but just sent him away
Kawaki got betrayed by the Ninja world and Naruto so he turned to hatting them
Kawaki wants to change things because he saw some hypocrisy in the world Naruto saved

for all we know he might not even be a villain in that scene and may have not destroyed the village but got in Boruto's way because he thinks that the ninja system being destroyed is the correct choice

everything was very vague then and you're right that we have to wait and see

I think I even remember somewhere saying that scene that we saw in Episode 1/chapter 1 was Kishi's idea lol

At least Kawaki isn't an Uchiha so like Nagato he would have to have a more sound reason to do things compared to late Uchiha lore were Tobirama explained that they were just all bat shit crazy due to love or something

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Arc for the anime after Counterfeit Toneri, Remon/Lemon and Konohamaru arc we are currently in

An arc in the land of wind involving Shinki, Mitsuki, Boruto... Sasuke, Urashiki and Toneri's puppets

After this arc will likely be around the time of the new OP in the fall

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Arc for the anime after Counterfeit Toneri, Remon/Lemon and Konohamaru arc we are currently in

An arc in the land of wind involving Shinki, Mitsuki, Boruto... Sasuke, Urashiki and Toneri's puppets

After this arc will likely be around the time of the new OP in the fall
I don't get why they are still not adapting any manga arcs.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least it is now a major arc that is related to the mainplotline like the manga.

I am guessing though that maybe they want to adapt more then just one manga arc back to back when the time comes and so they want the manga to get really far in content. The problem here is that the manga is a monthly.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The biggest issue is that there's little room for filler/additional stuff once they start adopting the manga. The next two manga arcs are basically straight through more or less. And the manga is moving at a fairly slow pace. So they're trying to give themselves as much room as possible.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
it would be also hard having "filler" villains when Boruto and later Kawaki can handle tons of things with their manga abilities.

I say when that time comes instead take Boruto and later Kawaki out of the story and reintroduce them when manga content is again adapted. In the meantime they can do other gen kids and their overall growth as well as give them end goals to develop and slowly progress too, they should also build up Himawari in the academy and give us content on that if they ever want her to be relevant combat wise but they won't so...

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Boruto would either need to pull a DBS and not even care about the manga while following its own version of the storyline, or the boruto manga would have to finish I'd think.

There's more promise in the og boruto anime arcs to me, though the writers haven't delivered much so far.

That cast is lookin fire though. I might catch back up for it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the lead writer for the anime the same guy who writes the manga? It's not like they couldn't just go on ahead of the manga eventually if they wanted.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the lead writer for the anime the same guy who writes the manga? It's not like they couldn't just go on ahead of the manga eventually if they wanted.

so apparently the anime has 11 writers none of them being the manga writer Kodachi and they have free reign in doing whatever they want but anything major to Boruto the character or regarding the O clan or the Jogan, etc... have to go through him for approval so that it doesn't clash that much with the manga. Eventually the differences in everything else got so vast that Ikemoto the illustrator stated that he gave up in keeping tract on counting all the differences between the anime timeline and the manga timeline.

For the manga at least everything up to them receiving their genin headbands and beomcing a genin is part of the manga timeline with novels covering those episode/arcs in more detail with Ikemoto illustrating. After that everything becomes more split akin to Super with its manga and anime.

Oct 25, 2017

Konohamaru under house arrest but being able to just leave like that is lol, nice.

Really fun seeing Boruto recover his memories on his ownsome with the occasional reminders. I thought he'd have gone to Konohamaru at the start, but I didnt even realize he lost memories way back to even seeing the movie with the girls, so he didnt even know he went on that mission.

Good arc.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Didn't know there was a thread for Boruto on here! Seems a lot more positive than the other places on the internet to discuss the show so I guess I'll drop in here! Really enjoying this arc so far. I haven't read any spoilers so maybe I'm way off but it seems to me like this whole Soma thing could have something to do with curse marks and the Otutsuki. Interested to see how the arc ends

Oct 25, 2017
Great conclusion today. Boruto Konohamaru is the best thing ever in the Boruto anime, lol. also today teasing Konohamaru about his Ninja Way being his girlfriend for a very long time after call him his trusty and dependable older brother, my heart

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Wait a minute they are using Toner and Urashiki for filler arcs back to back? What the hell did I miss after the ground golem arc, the show is picking up agakn by the sounds of it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cool little arc. And yeah, Konohamaru finally summoning a monkey is by far the best thing that's come out of it. Hopefully that toad thing at the start of the series was just like that time when Sasuke summoned Hawks for a day.

Also the song used when Konohamaru was having his speech before cutting the horns was cool.

The excitement that I've felt this weekend over the latest Demon Slayer episode made me think of Boruto and how it could use a new standout episode like #65 to get people talking. Cause these days, looking at the popularity tab on CR gives me the impression Boruto isn't as hot as it was a while ago and I imagine with the way Naruto anime has taught us to perceive episode, people may not care about these eps where stakes are low and thus deem them filler even though there's some cool stuff happening (that Mirai arc was my favorite of the whole series so far).

so apparently the anime has 11 writers none of them being the manga writer Kodachi and they have free reign in doing whatever they want but anything major to Boruto the character or regarding the O clan or the Jogan, etc... have to go through him for approval so that it doesn't clash that much with the manga. Eventually the differences in everything else got so vast that Ikemoto the illustrator stated that he gave up in keeping tract on counting all the differences between the anime timeline and the manga timeline.

For the manga at least everything up to them receiving their genin headbands and beomcing a genin is part of the manga timeline with novels covering those episode/arcs in more detail with Ikemoto illustrating. After that everything becomes more split akin to Super with its manga and anime.
Huh...
The whole situation with the anime and manga continuity is just... messy now. x_X
Yeah...I thought the anime was just the manga world but expanded. But now I don't know what to believe

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still watching episode 120, so I'll put this in spoiler tags...

But uh, I kind of hate it whenever the anime plays up Boruto's "Naruto"-ish traits, because it always seems so out of character. Especially him lying about what he's doing and stuff.

Oct 25, 2017

Awesome timing on that arrival Boruto. lol.

Did wonder how Boruto survived that days long journey on the frieght train.

Great episode especially for Sasuke san. Still going to accept the canon that Boruto is SasuNaru son, only explanation for while hes so enamored with Sasuke san so much. Meanwhile Sarada's "you think Sasuke can keep a promise" line made me lol for some reason.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hi all, I stopped watching last year when that god awful cho cho butterfly filler arc was on, thinking of getting back in to it, how has the show progressed in terms of quality since the first manga arc?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all, I stopped watching last year when that god awful cho cho butterfly filler arc was on, thinking of getting back in to it, how has the show progressed in terms of quality since the first manga arc?

On and off. There's been some decent-to-good anime original arcs, as well as some great adaptations of Naruto Shinden and Konoha Shinden. However the quality hasn't high the high of the Momoshiki/Movie arc.

This upcoming anime original arc may be pretty good, as it's touching on content related to the manga for once.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slowly catching up after not having seen in quite a while! I watched all of the Steam Ninja Scrolls arc today. T'was good and having Mirai in action was nice.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Shukaku was cute this episode, I want a mini Kuruma too and for them to be best pals

make a mini series based on that alone

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I am excited when Kawaki destroys Konoha, if he does based on the first episode

since via collateral Ryogi could have a slim chance in being free with the prison being destroyed and all

unless they moved the poor kid to Hozuki castle in which case RIP to Ryogi it was nice knowing yah

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Are Naruto and Sasuke really going to get worked over by Jigen!!?!? It just seems odd this guy is seemingly going toe-to-toe with basically reincarnations of gods; Naruto and Sasuke were the pinnacle of power in Naruto...but I guess Naruto and Kawaki will somehow save the day

This Karma nonsense seems to be even more hax the the Sharingan and it's evolutions.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I quite like Adult Temari's design. Probably my favorite of the adults in the show, which matches how Shikadai has my favorite design among the kids. Though Shinki looks clean too

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
So Jigen really is just a possessed body for a god. Makes me wonder if the possessed Kawaki theory in the intro is going to come to pass now.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow the day when Sasuke Uchiha has to run away again. I cant. Save your husband Sasuke.

Kawaki needs to get with Boruto and do something to Save naruto. now.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Are Naruto and Sasuke really going to get worked over by Jigen!!?!? It just seems odd this guy is seemingly going toe-to-toe with basically reincarnations of gods; Naruto and Sasuke were the pinnacle of power in Naruto...but I guess Naruto and Kawaki will somehow save the day

This Karma nonsense seems to be even more hax the the Sharingan and it's evolutions.
Reincarnations of people descendants of the Otsutsuki. So doesn't that make Otsutsuki's gods and apparently Jigen is one, so I am not sure what is so hard to believe?

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Today is 21 September which means that 20 years ago the first chapter of the prequel to Boruto, "Naruto" was published in the WSJ. I was going to make a thread about it, but besides being kinda lazy, Naruto threads never turn out well.

Anyway, Naruto was my introduction into the whole streaming anime, and it might also be the first manga series I've read, so the series will always hold a special place in my heart and still remains one of my favourite manga. I want to give a big shout out to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm since the demo of the game is what introduced me to Naruto.

Thank you Kishimoto for creating Naruto
latest

Also good Boruto chapter today.