• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

noakai

Jan 22, 2019
new opening next week so here is hoping it at least shows some manga content as the next opening after that won't be until October

don't get your hopes up. At the earliest I am assuming we might get the manga content in August.

That's definitely true. And honestly even when they do start adapting the manga, there will probably be a LONG time in between manga "arcs" with anime original stuff slotted in there. The manga being monthly means it just moves too slowly to let them adapt a lot of it at a time, they would run out too soon if they did that. But I really do want to see the Kawaki stuff in animated form so badly.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the new OP is good again. This current one was great but we had some real stinkers before it.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We could use a heavier OP. We've gotten heavier ending songs (Denshin Tamashii, for example..) but not a heavy opening.

The one arc that needed a heavy sounding opening, the movie arc, didn't get it. :\

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I've personally enjoyed all the OPs except 3, and that was mainly just because the animation sucked. I am tired of looking at this ice dragon and characters who are apparently never going to show up again though

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was it you saying Gon is a better/more "seriously" executed Goku (in terms of his character), because I can kinda see it.

Maybe?

Usually in terms of me talking about a much better executed Goku, I'm talking about Luffy from One Piece. As for Gon, he has elements of Goku too of course, but in general I see him as more of what happens if we take a character with the usual shounen traits and really push that to its limits to the point where its unnerving rather than inspiring.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I may be in the minority but I find Gon to be a boring character and I don't really like his personality either.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've personally enjoyed all the OPs except 3, and that was mainly just because the animation sucked. I am tired of looking at this ice dragon and characters who are apparently never going to show up again though

Yeah, I've liked all the songs too. I really wish 3 had gotten better animation. It's a weird outliner among all the OPs and EDs in Boruto, and for such an important arc too.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seeing Samehada inspiration.. And Konan? 🤔

Maybe?

Usually in terms of me talking about a much better executed Goku, I'm talking about Luffy from One Piece. As for Gon, he has elements of Goku too of course, but in general I see him as more of what happens if we take a character with the usual shounen traits and really push that to its limits to the point where its unnerving rather than inspiring.

I see

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
NEW OP and ED PICS

Boy is carrying Sasuke's Sword here:
D3dl7oBUIAAe3Fk.jpg

Last edited:

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Best OP
KXlH93K.gif

ED was good as well.

Good episode, wasn't feeling this arc before, but I am liking what is going on now.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
first few seconds of the OP seeing Hyuga training and then Sasuke training

I literally died

lol also I think he just meant this OP and ED but man seeing this tweet had me shaken

Team65 is like the Avengers/JL squad now

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched the episode yet but THAT GIF OH MY GOD STUDIO PIERROT DON'T DO THIS TO ME O_O

EDIT: THIS IS THE BEST OPENING EVER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
but I am not going to truly celebrate about a OP unless said training is shown in the anime itself lol

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I like how the OPs keep having them fight some enemy that isnt even in the anime, like the last one with the crystal beast, this one with some masked shrouded man, (though will be surprised if he is truly an enemy).

Loved Konohamaru getting some action in the Op and the pt1 Naruto and pt1 Sasuke getting some scene too. Awesome.

And finally Suigetsu appears, knew he couldnt just Jugo alone for no reason. I love Suigetsu, he still acts like his younger self, and kind of like a kid even compared to Boruto and co.

Class Rep needs to get Nue under control.

Best implementation of English in an ED song though, wow. love Ride or Die.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
all in all I like what they are doing with Konohamaru and the Asuma blades (even in this new OP) he just needs the monkey staff now

Karin got so much development too now lolololol glad she said she wasn't part of Sarada's family or considered part of it when Sarada asked if that would be t he case

but saddened by her saying she was always alone... I mean you have one more clan mate running around called Naruto, such a waste
Yeah, what in the world was that monster thing everyone, including Garra's kid was helping to fight? I thought that was actually hinting at something that would come in the show at first.
yeah so much speculation that lead to nothing lol

it ins't the first time since Naruto openings have even done that before

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
New Boruto OP song for me was whatever but the more I listened to it the more it stuck/got better

especially when the main chorus kicks in kicks in

200.gif

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we're gonna get a second Nue arc

I bet it'll just be the catalyst that leads into Sumire joining the Scientific Ninja Weapons Team.

Today's episode was good because of Sumire and Sarada and Karin. Watching Sumire be a step above her teammates in skill was refreshing, and she actually fought like how she did in the Nue arc.

Oct 27, 2017
BYEBYEEE JOJOOOOO

I mean Jugo....

Loved that reference I wonder if that was put in there because it was Dio's actor or if he just wanted to do it and they kept it

Oct 25, 2017
The enemies curse mark form looks so goofy and monstrous. I kind of liked the style of the old ones, you know Sasukes wings etc? The thrusters on the back were a bit too much IMO.

Ah yeah and one more to the board for Konohamaru-nii-chan.

Suigetsu ftw, best use of his jutsu yet

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
good episode, nice way to wrap things up and finally tying Sumire into the manga destination she resides at

The enemies curse mark form looks so goofy and monstrous. I kind of liked the style of the old ones, you know Sasukes wings etc? The thrusters on the back were a bit too much IMO.

Ah yeah and one more to the board for Konohamaru-nii-chan.

Suigetsu ftw, best use of his jutsu yet
Jugo always had multiple cursemark forms and they all had boosters

Tosaka's one indeed is kind of goofy

Oct 25, 2017
Boruto Kawaki cover this week manga chapter was everything I ever wanted. Perfect.

D4tVLJUXoAE1TlH.jpg

Wow I hope this gets animated and they expand Kawaki training and stuff, I loved this whole arc and still love it. Boruto and Kawaki really make it great.

Also will love it if Kawaki also tosses his name into the I wanna be Hokage too pile. Sarada better watch out!

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
I'm starting to out grow Boruto. I'm keeping up with the manga, but I lost track of the anime when Boruto was trapped with onoki.

It moves at a snails pace, the characters are constantly stating the obvious, and there's absolutely no tension. The show hasn't had a meaningful turning point like Naruto had at the end of the encounter with Zabuza. The show feels like it's in that No Man's Land that Naruto was stuck in between the Sasuke retreval arc and Shippuden. Before the Mitsuki arc, they were doing weird episodes like Metal Lee's anxiety and Sumire's team dressing up like animals.

Anyone else feel the same?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
fun fact

Ryogi has now been in jail longer then Sasuke a former fugitive and killer of Samurai

I'm starting to out grow Boruto. I'm keeping up with the manga, but I lost track of the anime when Boruto was trapped with onoki.

It moves at a snails pace, the characters are constantly stating the obvious, and there's absolutely no tension. The show hasn't had a meaningful turning point like Naruto had at the end of the encounter with Zabuza. The show feels like it's in that No Man's Land that Naruto was stuck in between the Sasuke retreval arc and Shippuden. Before the Mitsuki arc, they were doing weird episodes like Metal Lee's anxiety and Sumire's team dressing up like animals.

because unlike Super they have to wait until the manga gets way ahead before they can adapt said content

sure its canon but after the Momoshiki arc they can't tease some main plot stuff like some dangling carrot since the movie arc is now done

they should've taken the SUPER approach were the anime was the main storyline and passes the manga in pacing/timeline but it isn't so now we are in some limbo state were it can't really do major things

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
fun fact

Ryogi has now been in jail longer then Sasuke a former fugitive and killer of Samurai

because unlike Super they have to wait until the manga gets way ahead before they can adapt said content

sure its canon but after the Momoshiki arc they can't tease some main plot stuff like some dangling carrot since the movie arc is now done

they should've taken the SUPER approach were the anime was the main storyline and passes the manga in pacing/timeline but it isn't so now we are in some limbo state were it can't really do major things
They could honestly do the Dragon Ball Super method if they wanted to. Kodachi is the supervisor and lead writer for the anime and writes the manga too. He knows exactly what he has planned for years to come.

I think switching this over to a seasonal anime would be a smart idea. We could get more quality control and faster pacing with these anime only arcs. But it's a weekly show in the Sunday morning kids slot. So they're in a situation where they don't need to really try with the animation or the writing.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

Ι'm waiting for a couple of more episodes to bing watch, the gaiden chapters after the Ohnoki Arc kinda killed my vibe.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I pretty much bing watch it too

it isn't like the arcs are too out of it, the Mitsuki arc was a little too long though

but compared to Naruto original anime content, Boruto blows it out of the water lol (on average)

but I get the fatigue coming in for side arcs even if they are canon especially after the anime had the episode 65 climax and it felt Boruto's story was truly going to begin

still as a manga reader I look forward to the cool stuff the anime will eventually get too

plus animation wise it is consistent and battles usually have the animation go up a notch with new animators competing with each other so that is a nice bonus

all in all its fine though if it isn't seasonal since the animation is consistent with bits being above average when it comes to fights and with the extra time they use it to build the side characters which the manga clearly shows it has no chance in doing due to it being monthly

Last edited:

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah!

Good episode and interesting manga chapter this month. The montage at the end of the chapter could easily fuel a bunch of anime episodes lol

I think the way they're handling the series in general is just fundamentally flawed.

Since the manga is monthly, you get 40 something pages. Which I think is around half as much content you got with Naruto a month. For as cool as the stuff in the manga currently is, if the anime were to adapt it from after the Momoshiki arc they would've caught up in like what, 20 episodes?

So the anime ends up having to do "filler" stuff to avoid that, which is nice on one hand cause it let's them tell stories with the extended cast, and you can see they have the future manga events in mind like with Sumire this week which is cool. But the problem with the anime is that the stories they can tell are hamstrung by the fact that they have to eventually end up where the manga is. There's surprises here and there like Onoki dying. But the main characters usually just end up wherever they were at the start of an arc.

But since the manga updates so slowly that also limits what they can do with the characters there. There's been cool development with Boruto and Kawaki, but it feels like Sarada and Mitsuki have nothing to do at all in the manga so far. It's missing that shonen feeling of progression where we see the characters get stronger and learn new things.

So it just feels like both takes on the series are frustrating halves of a satisfying whole.

Last edited:

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah!

Good episode and interesting manga chapter this month. The montage at the end of the chapter could easily fuel a bunch of anime episodes lol

I feel like they're kinda doing that intentionally. There's a lot of spots for mini arcs in there.

Himawari training arc when?

I think the way they're handling the series in general is just fundamentally flawed.

Since the manga is monthly, you get 40 something pages. Which I think is around half as much content you got with Naruto a month. For as cool as the stuff in the manga currently is, if the anime were to adapt it from after the Momoshiki arc they would've caught up in like what, 20 episodes?

So the anime ends up having to do "filler" stuff to avoid that, which is nice on one hand cause it let's them tell stories with the extended cast, and you can see they have the future manga events in mind like with Sumire this week which is cool. But the problem with the anime is that the stories they can tell are hamstrung by the fact that they have to eventually end up where the manga is. There's surprises here and there like Onoki dying. But the main characters usually just end up wherever they were at the start of an arc.

But since the manga updates so slowly that also limits what they can do with the characters there. There's been cool development with Boruto and Kawaki, but it feels like Sarada and Mitsuki have nothing to do at all in the manga so far. It's missing that shonen feeling of progression where we see the characters get stronger and learn new things.

So it just feels like both takes on the series are frustrating halves of a satisfying whole.

Yeah. We really need more pages per chapter, or to go biweekly, or for the anime to take the Dragon Ball Super route. Or something.

While I'm still enjoying both the anime and manga, this format/pacing isn't sustainable in the long run and we're looking at lengthy filler arcs between main arcs just to allow the manga to progress.

The wait for Chapter 35 is gonna be particularly bad. We're waiting more than a whole month for another 40-44 pages again.

Last edited:

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
According to a leaked scan, the next (anime) Boruto arc will focus on Kakashi, Guy and Mirai(Asuma daughter), starts May 12. Always wanted to see more of Mirai, so I am looking forward to it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Always down for some Kakashi and Guy shenanigans. And yeah, Mirai has been severely underused so far.