• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
k2eukcP.gif

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
so much Shikadai fans
I am one too but goodness, might as well call this the Shikadai OT

2kzxVPY.gif

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I said long ago back during the NUE arc that Boruto, Shikadai and Mitsuki would've been an interesting team, alas Ino Shika Cho is tradition so it never came to be

still we get tons of Shikadai content regardless so I don't mind the new Team 7 (should've been called Team 3) as they're fun and all

Shikadai should indeed get his own custom fan or weasel summoning

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Sarada wouldn't exist though? Is that a sacrifice you want to make?
As for Boruto it isn't like he actually learnt anything from Sasuke so he would likely be pretty much the same as he is now
Yes it is.

Let me be clear, if it wasn't extremly clear by my open enjoyment of shadow the hedgehog ( The character ) , my broly avatar and a myriad other things I like and have claimed to enjoy over this site. I like edgy characters, and as a fan of comic books and I'm willing to make any myriad of concessions to bring a character back to life , or keep em alive if I like em enough. So me saying this means a lot, now despite my love of edgy characters I never really liked sasuke too much, I don't hate him or nothing just I was never fond of him or naruto. They were always representative to me of two major issues of how naruto was written. And my issues with sasuke isn't why I wanted him dead either.

I believe his death for several story elements would have given them more meaning. Especially in scenarios like naruto's handling of kawaki. Sasuke being dead and serving as a warning tale of the myriad of societal faliues that allowed sasuke to happen as he did and naruto feeling as though he had to act , would have added interesting context this scenario. A " you will end up dead " has more meaning than " You will end up a cool rival character with a fucking sick skeleton arm " .

As for sarada , while she's cool, her personality isn't really inherent to sasuke you can just have that type of character related to other eople. And as for boruto, you said it yourself. And if you are one of those guys who really miss the sharingan, there are a myriad of asspulls you could just make

1) Some of the uchiha got around, and some people had latent uchiha genes or something and some kid is born with the sharingan
2) The universe literally wills a sharingan haver into existence because balance or some bullshit
3) Reform orochimaru scraped some skin cells of sasuke's corpse and made one or did a big boss and made sasuke clones.
4 ) Create a new totally original eyeball power called Baringan

Joke suggestions aside, sasuke is just kinda around. Which is , fine. I have no issue with that, but this is a scenario whee his death I think would hold more meaning for naruto, kakashi and sakura as characters.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Boruto is not good enough as a "serious" show to be worth not having a character with fun interaction/fightining/fanservice potential for a "serious" reason.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it is.

Let me be clear, if it wasn't extremly clear by my open enjoyment of shadow the hedgehog ( The character ) , my broly avatar and a myriad other things I like and have claimed to enjoy over this site. I like edgy characters, and as a fan of comic books and I'm willing to make any myriad of concessions to bring a character back to life , or keep em alive if I like em enough. So me saying this means a lot, now despite my love of edgy characters I never really liked sasuke too much, I don't hate him or nothing just I was never fond of him or naruto. They were always representative to me of two major issues of how naruto was written. And my issues with sasuke isn't why I wanted him dead either.

I believe his death for several story elements would have given them more meaning. Especially in scenarios like naruto's handling of kawaki. Sasuke being dead and serving as a warning tale of the myriad of societal faliues that allowed sasuke to happen as he did and naruto feeling as though he had to act , would have added interesting context this scenario. A " you will end up dead " has more meaning than " You will end up a cool rival character with a fucking sick skeleton arm " .

As for sarada , while she's cool, her personality isn't really inherent to sasuke you can just have that type of character related to other eople. And as for boruto, you said it yourself. And if you are one of those guys who really miss the sharingan, there are a myriad of asspulls you could just make

1) Some of the uchiha got around, and some people had latent uchiha genes or something and some kid is born with the sharingan
2) The universe literally wills a sharingan haver into existence because balance or some bullshit
3) Reform orochimaru scraped some skin cells of sasuke's corpse and made one or did a big boss and made sasuke clones.
4 ) Create a new totally original eyeball power called Baringan

Joke suggestions aside, sasuke is just kinda around. Which is , fine. I have no issue with that, but this is a scenario whee his death I think would hold more meaning for naruto, kakashi and sakura as characters.
very understandable
I too would've preferred if Sasuke died or both of them died in the end with how it was set up with is melodrama and extremity

your Kawaki point brings it even higher with how they could've set it up like how Kakashi felt with Obito
well even with how crummy Sasuke is his best iteration is laughably his current Adult self, particularly when he is with Boruto (to the dismay of some individuals) (even though he taught the kid nothing beyond some nindo beliefs, and believing in him)

Gaiden coming around kind of brought back up that nonsense when it isn't really needed in Boruto the series with said tones
at least it is a minor thing here then it was in Naruto, I am just glad the main family is the Uzumaki one with how bright they are even in the manga so all that other stuff is brushed/washed away

Jougan is also around so people with eyeball fetishes are going to be all over that so it isn't like you really need a sharingan kid beyond just plan nostolgia which more then not Sarada pretty much is

you can have Sarada but have her be idk Lee and Sakura's kid and even still have Metal Lee too

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Boruto is not good enough as a "serious" show to be worth not having a character with fun interaction/fightining/fanservice potential for a "serious" reason.

Eh, plenty of things that aren't serious all the time that delves into moments of seriousness due to deaths and such. Having this have an effect on naruto's character and how he does things would work totally fine.

That said i'm not dying over this or anything. I still enjoy naruto for what it is.

Though on a side note, I would argue that your " being bad at serious " claims could be applied to naruto, and how it didn't need sasuke around because at points it was really bad at trying to do serious stuff back in the day

very understandable

your Kawaki point brings it even higher with how they could've set it up like how Kakashi felt with Obito
well even with how crummy Sasuke is his best iteration is laughably his current Adult self, particularly when he is with Boruto (to the dismay of some individuals) (even though he taught the kid nothing beyond some nindo beliefs, and believing in him)
The obito and sasuke situation was different. Obito and kekashi was something gone wrong, then mystic shenigans. Naruto and Sasuke were just children who kinda got failed by society and that's a different attack point for this hypothetical scenario.

I don't think anyone bothered to actually talk to sasuke in any meaningful fashion until kekashi. Like you know sasuke had mad crazy shit in any written assignments he had to turn in and probably showed signs of going way to far during his combat assignments ( He literally does that to kekashi ). And kekashi is like the first one that went " Oh your ass is crazy, your ass shouldn't have been let near a goddamn kitchen knife let alone a kunai " and by then it was too late. Sasuke ran off and became essentially a terrorist. They didn't care, he had good grades and was useful, no one thought " Oh hey we shouldn't probably.. fucking talk to that kid who saw his brother murder his family " .

So naruto's perspective on this would be " Time to break this cycle " " Kawaki your ass is going to school, i'm gonna get you clothes, i'm taking your ass to a therapist. And you gonna express your feelings and all of that shit." . Naruto's whole thing was wanting to hokage and change the ninja world, this offers him a very specific attack point and hang up. This shit killed my friend. It almost killed me. We need to treat our children better.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, plenty of things that aren't serious all the time that delves into moments of seriousness due to deaths and such. Having this have an effect on naruto's character and how he does things would work totally fine.

That said i'm not dying over this or anything. I still enjoy naruto for what it is.

Though on a side note, I would argue that your " being bad at serious " claims could be applied to naruto, and how it didn't need sasuke around because at points it was really bad at trying to do serious stuff back in the day

Yeah but Boruto is just not this for me. I'm not watching Boruto content on that "level" at all at the moment. Even if you could say Sasuke not dying contributes to my criticism of Boruto, I find it overall negligible in the grand execution of things. Maybe if it was something that stuck out like a sore thumb in the midst of everything else that is being handled well, I could more accept that.

I'd personally apply that to Naruto as well, at some point later in Shippuden.

Also I might look at it differently if the whole last half of Naruto was a lot stronger, but already near the end of that I was kinda done with it and was like "I just wanna have fun man. Who cares that he tried to murder his future wife, lets see what kinda kid he pumps out"

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
imagine a world were Himawari was an active ninja (stronger then her Brother and a genius like her Uncle/GrandDad)
LP7Xy9H.jpg

that is all

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but Boruto is just not this for me. I'm not watching Boruto content on that "level" at all at the moment. Even if you could say Sasuke not dying contributes to my criticism of Boruto, I find it overall negligible in the grand execution of things. Maybe if it was something that stuck out like a sore thumb in the midst of everything else that is being handled well, I could more accept that.

I'd personally apply that to Naruto as well, at some point later in Shippuden.

Also I might look at it differently if the whole last half of Naruto was a lot stronger, but already near the end of that I was kinda done with it and was like "I just wanna have fun man. Who cares that he tried to murder his future wife, lets see what kinda kid he pumps out"
If you just here for the funzies, i'm not gonna stop you my dude. Enjoy what you enjoy no critcism from me here. As far as " what kids they gonna pump out goes " still legit upset they didn't make boruto a red head considering that's the uzikmaki' s thing, like neither of the kdis came out redheads, but okay

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If you just here for the funzies, i'm not gonna stop you my dude. Enjoy what you enjoy no critcism from me here. As far as " what kids they gonna pump out goes " still legit upset they didn't make boruto a red head considering that's the uzikmaki' s thing, like neither of the kdis came out redheads, but okay
this indeed was a tragedy
4bqsvpnssc911.jpg

heck thanks to the Jogan plotline Boruto hasn't done any Hyuga stuff too, bar that spar withhis Aunt that lead to no where

forsaken by both families

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

No worries I'm just postin

Also Sasuke shoulda had more kids. Not having a pink haired Uchiha is criminal smh

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah. I watched up to ep 10 of it, then I realized htere was a remake. Then I watched up to ep 7, figured I like the OG better. So I'm just going through the OG rn. I'll switch to the remake in a later arc (where I hear it improves by then), but after I watch the og, I'm actually at first going to try to just watch all through the remake and see how that goes. The 7 eps I watched of the remake were still fun and didn't drag or anything.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I watched up to ep 10 of it, then I realized htere was a remake. Then I watched up to ep 7, figured I like the OG better. So I'm just going through the OG rn. I'll switch to the remake in a later arc (where I hear it improves by then), but after I watch the og, I'm actually at first going to try to just watch all through the remake and see how that goes. The 7 eps I watched of the remake were still fun and didn't drag or anything.

Yeah the remake is really fucking good but I suppose if you prefer the og then watch it all lmao

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the remake is really fucking good but I suppose if you prefer the og then watch it all lmao

Man I couldn't believe how many good moments were filler in the og. When I started watching ep 7 of the remake (which is past ep 10 of the og), I couldn't help but think about what good scenes I was missin. Also I just like the tone and atmosphere better.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Hunter x Hunter is getting into some Naruto ass magic shit now ayooo I'm hyped.

(ok i'll stop with the ((unprovoked)) HxH posts.... for now)

Oct 27, 2017
Hunter x Hunter is getting into some Naruto ass magic shit now ayooo I'm hyped.

(ok i'll stop with the ((unprovoked)) HxH posts.... for now)

Its never unprovoked to talk about HxH its the elephant in the room of almost all Shonen talk

I annoyed the whole One Piece manga thread with my lttp HxH watch through because I had to share these feelings with people who'd already seen it lmao

noakai

Jan 22, 2019
I like the anime well enough but I really hope they start adapting at least some of the manga soon, I'm loving the manga so much and would love to see all of it animated and in SP/Kishimoto's style. Especially the Kawaki stuff.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I like the anime well enough but I really hope they start adapting at least some of the manga soon, I'm loving the manga so much and would love to see all of it animated and in SP/Kishimoto's style. Especially the Kawaki stuff.
new opening next week so here is hoping it at least shows some manga content as the next opening after that won't be until October

don't get your hopes up. At the earliest I am assuming we might get the manga content in August.