• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I know it's canon but I've been paying absolutely no attention whatsoever to that manga lol

Same for the most part for me too. Honestly it seems like quite a large portion of the fanbase doesn't, and is basically just treating the anime as "canon"

Which is basically how I'm taking it too, especially since the manga is monthly. If it stays monthly, I don't see how the anime wont eventuay catch up timeline wise.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's not an Uzumaki family beatdown if the matriarch and her daughter are missing ;_;
I would've assumed Hinata would've had the tenseigan by now since she had Hamura chakra but whoever they may be they just don't know what to do with the Hyuga clan

they're at a loss or they just don't care? idk, the small sliver of hope is the Otsutsuki since at least they are somewhat interested in them and may raise all boats in that regard

but even then the writers are in charge of that too and they just might not care, it is easier to do Uchiha stuff instead
I don't want to be a downer but I don't know what the future will hold.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm fine with them doing Uchiha stuff too if only because I actually really super like Sarada as a character. I may have not cared for her parents, but she's so interesting and likable from a story and personality standpoint that she retroactively made me like her parents more, so... >.>

But pls don't come at the cost of Uzumaki family beat down/Hyuuga awesomeness. Pls... don't...

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind Uchiha stuff or Sarada content, I am just stating what is safe for writers to do by following what they know compared to trying something new.

In an ideal world you would/could have both.

Either way let us be grateful we just have an indepth female character lead in the Naruto franchise for once who can hold her own and keep up with her peers even have more highlights and accomplishments then them as shown in the last arc, all be her path, dogma, ideology, background and creed being similar to that Team 7 of old.

This series also gave me not only new things but actually allowed/gave the other cast some development too so that is a major plus.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
image0.png

deam

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
well sure as hell chasing after Sasuke in all of part 2 when you barely had a reason to do so isn't "smart" by any means of the imagination that's for sure
c62.png

that scene was still cool

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Naruto goes against all grains. This is generally what makes him such a great character for this story. It's easy for people to just look at him without context and be like "Naruto is obnoxious", but the world is so dark/twisted/imposing/intimidating that it's pretty amazing that he can persist with the personality that he does. Like I'd be scared af to not just conform to things if I existed there, but he just stays being Naruto. (Maybe this moment is questionable for obvious reasons but I generally highly respect him for this attitude) A great example is when he speaks out in the chunin exam classroom and I'm just like deam. Kishi just created this world for Naruto to fukin destroy it.

It'd be cool to see that kind of moment at some point with hokage Naruto.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Naruto became obnoxious even with context though. The whole Sasuke drama (and kinda Obito too) just eventually broke my immersion, which is the worst thing ever for a series with a protagonist like Naruto.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just talkin bout part 1. Wasn't thinking of part 2 when I made that statement. Shippuden is not as good overall in various ways. Not planning on reading the manga any further either. Stopped soon after that chapter.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
The whole Sasuke obsession Naruto had would have made sense if they developed their relationship more in part 1 and actually ended up becoming good friends

Oct 25, 2017
Jugo!!! But where is Suigetsu!!!! Cant have one without the other, hope he makes an appearance.

Also I still love the ongoing thing with Boruto where once youre a class rep you're always a class rep. Nice save.

Favorite tweet

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
the fuck was that detective scene between boruto and sadara

something something depths of forest

wind is blowing from north to south

the land is sloped 20 degrees

*finds cave*

the fuck? lol

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I say the art is usually consistent for Boruto a long running series compared to its predecessor Naruto but also compared to other series like Black Clover that is also long running and not seasonal

but then always around 10 episodes or so you see this absurd animation come out of nowhere lol
Can't wait to see more of Konoha--
yPnyDfI.png

😐
Truly like Kakashi

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime Boruto calls him nii-chan. My heart and he did the whole episode. lol.

Konohamaru was always a favorite in the original, in shippuden, and now in Boruto its been amazing seeing him get older and seeing how he's got an ultra powerful Rasengan. imagine how strong it would have been if his chakra hadnt been depleted just moments prior!!!!

Also curse marks are being handed out like it's nobodies business. First Lord Orochimaru's clone tech, now his curse mark tech, he's just the gift that keeps on giving.

Totally thought the medic dude would be the secret baddie, but with these new kids showing up and those shady operatives guess not.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Please stop posting very offensive content!

Suigetsu is still one of the best characters in the series.

Juugo is a buff blob with 0 personality, Karin is... problematic to say the least, and suigetsu is bland and uninteresting. It's like Kishi was forced to create this group of uninspired people to sort of "hide" his preference for sasuke in shippudden.

Let this filler end please. Team 7 is wasted in this crap.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Juugo is a buff blob with 0 personality, Karin is... problematic to say the least, and suigetsu is bland and uninteresting. It's like Kishi was forced to create this group of uninspired people to sort of "hide" his preference for sasuke in shippudden.

Let this filler end please. Team 7 is wasted in this crap.

Can we agree that Suigetsu had some really cool powers/jutsu tho

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow or for some even Today is Boruto Uzumaki and Hanabi Hyuga's B-day. (March 27th)

Shame we never saw then celebrate together.

Code Artisan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe the guy in the flash-forward at the very beginning of the manga is not Kawaki but Jigen using his body.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Today is Sakura Haruno's birthday, and I thought it would be nice to share some of her highlights throughout the Naruto series.

1.Sakura & Chiyo vs Sasori

5177f498051a58138826090c4f06615ff8d14a8a_hq.gif

Not only is a great Sakura fight, but I would consider one of the best fights of the series(at least top 10). In part 1, Sakura was mostly deadweight and I had no hope for. Then after the time skip, she trained with one of the Sannin and gained Tsunade monstrous strength and medical skills, and not only that but managed to put both to use in the Sasori fight, competently. Of course, I can't ignore Chiyo involvement in the fight, but Sakura managed to work together without being in the way.

2. Sakura refuses to let Naruto die.

wGUgWnY.png
lPO3gqU.png

During the war, Naruto was dying after losing Kurama, so Sakura to save him cut into him and kept pumping his heart. Thought that was pretty cool, it even shook Gaara for a second.

tenor.gif

That's all I have, there are some small moments here and there. Really disappointed how she turned out during the series, especially after the Sasori fight, so much potential.
Oh well, Happy Birthday Sakura!!

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How could you forget her fight with Shin in Boruto. Easily her best moment

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I first saw Sakura in Shippuden (I read Part 1 prior to that) and I saw her capability against Kakashi in that redone bell test only to be capped by those Sasori feats, I felt that the character was going places

then the Sasuke retrieval scene happened and it only went down hill from there, like if just seeing Sasuke reawakened some psychological issues for her

people blame Kishi, granted that is true but Kishi is also the author so people relying on fanfic to defend a character instead of outright saying their eh is well, safeguarded to say the least

Kakashi couldn't even explain it before the final Naruto vs Sasuke fight by stating to a confused Sasuke who said he didn't love her that a person needs no reason to love only to hate or whatever lol

omg a "strong female lead", sure just never when it matters and a doormat till this day for that emo boy

add insult to injury and you see even Hinata now having a backbone against Naruto when she turned into a Mother, same with every other family, but again which was also reemphasized with the dub of Gaiden airing on Toonami, Sakura never had the character development she needed and by development I mean character and not outright power (people mistake the two)

Sakura and Sasuke is just bizarre to say the least, and idc if they love each other now or whatever, that is not the point she could still love him in the end but they really needed to make her outgrow her timid fangirl crush mentality that also screwed over others (like multiple scenarios on her squad mates and even Ino) when it came to the overall story and how her character could/grow from there

it didn't happen though so the only real achievement those two brought to the table was having a more decent daughter

Last edited:

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I think Sakura is a much better character now in the post-Naruto stuff. Fun Mom Sakura rules

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
How could you forget her fight with Shin in Boruto. Easily her best moment
I was mainly focusing on Naruto series instead of Boruto, but yes I would say is a highlight as well(though she had to be saved at the end).

I think Sakura is a much better character now in the post-Naruto stuff. Fun Mom Sakura rules
I want to agree but each time she's around Sasuke she acts so childish and faints.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I want to agree but each time she's around Sasuke she acts so childish and faints.

Wasn't that only once? I agree it's silly but I like her scenes with Sarada. I also liked her scene with Sasuke in the recent Parent/Child day arc which felt like the first time we've seen them have a genuine conversation lol

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't that only once? I agree it's silly but I like her scenes with Sarada. I also liked her scene with Sasuke in the recent Parent/Child day arc which felt like the first time we've seen them have a genuine conversation lol
Could have been once, but I really disliked it, but besides that Sakura is alright and I do like her scenes with Sarada.