• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
If Naruto had to pass Kurama down I'd rather it be to Himawari lol

or maybe even let him go free and give him a family summoning contract

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the Nine Tails should be sealed into either Boruto or Himawari.

That being said, if Kurama's freed for whatever reason, I wouldn't mind him fighting alongside either of them (Probably Himawari because Boruto's got a snake summon kinda already) but not sealed.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
crazy OP jutsu

I wish they don't forget about said move in the future but also expand upon its power and have her have even more moves in the future

Nov 17, 2017
I'm kind of annoyed by this most recent fight in the manga.

I know Naruto is holding back big time and scoping out his opponent but I really can't believe he would just let Delta get to Kawaki, Boruto and especially Himawari just like that. She turned her back on him and went for his kids - Naruto is supposed to be insanely fast but he couldn't stop her. I'm just wondering why he didn't just use his chakra arms or shadow clones instead of trying to use his literal body as a shield. The "I'll target the weak person to leave you open" is so cliche when the hero could not reasonably lose and Delta hasn't shown that she can actually pull that on Naruto with him right there.

You can't tell me Naruto is acting weak on purpose to learn about the enemy in one moment and then have him sluggish and stupid when his daughter is in immediate danger the next. Like, THAT is where you flip the switch and go all out, Naruto.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I know Naruto is holding back big time and scoping out his opponent but I really can't believe he would just let Delta get to Kawaki, Boruto and especially Himawari just like that. She turned her back on him and went for his kids - Naruto is supposed to be insanely fast but he couldn't stop her. I'm just wondering why he didn't just use his chakra arms or shadow clones instead of trying to use his literal body as a shield. The "I'll target the weak person to leave you open" is so cliche when the hero could not reasonably lose and Delta hasn't shown that she can actually pull that on Naruto with him right there.

You can't tell me Naruto is acting weak on purpose to learn about the enemy in one moment and then have him sluggish and stupid when his daughter is in immediate danger the next. Like, THAT is where you flip the switch and go all out, Naruto.
She can absorb chakra, so using shadow clones or chakra arms would probably be a bad idea.

Nov 17, 2017
She can absorb chakra, so using shadow clones or chakra arms would probably be a bad idea.
Were chakra absorbing abilities every shown to literally suck up shadow clones?

I don't think her eye would have sucked up Naruto's chakra arm unless he aimed it directly at her. Naruto even makes note of this when he throws the lava style rasenshuriken at her legs and it hits her. I feel like he could've cut her off with his speed before she even had a chance to grab Himawari but even then, he could've grabbed Himawari with chakra arms or used a shadow clone. Honestly, he logically would've used a shadow clone to get the kids away from the fight entirely in the first place.

I just feel like they set up a fight where Naruto would be the clear winner but needed him to "lose" somehow and thought it required making Naruto seem weaker and dumber than he has shown himself to be. The moment Delta turned her attention to Boruto, Naruto should've swatted her like a fly.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
via magazine preview online we are apparently getting a Team 15 and Team 7 collab episode

if it is more then one episode and an arc instead is yet to be known
Were chakra absorbing abilities every shown to literally suck up shadow clones?

I don't think her eye would have sucked up Naruto's chakra arm unless he aimed it directly at her. Naruto even makes note of this when he throws the lava style rasenshuriken at her legs and it hits her. I feel like he could've cut her off with his speed before she even had a chance to grab Himawari but even then, he could've grabbed Himawari with chakra arms or used a shadow clone. Honestly, he logically would've used a shadow clone to get the kids away from the fight entirely in the first place.

I just feel like they set up a fight where Naruto would be the clear winner but needed him to "lose" somehow and thought it required making Naruto seem weaker and dumber than he has shown himself to be. The moment Delta turned her attention to Boruto, Naruto should've swatted her like a fly.
against Momoshiki Naruto was told by Sasuke not to use shadow clones because Momo would absorb it
so who knows how Delta's works

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, these past few chapters have really annoyed me too, especially the latest one.

The main thing that really bothers me, and it's something I was afraid would happen for a while now, they nerfed Naruto into the ground.

The holding back and pretending to be weak excuse was only believable the first time he fooled her (even then it was a dumb idea) but since then it looks like he has genuinely been struggling in this fight and the fact he actually let Delta punch Boruto (and considering her punches hurt Naruto of all people, Boruto should be dead, guess she was being nice and went easy on him eh?) and then grab Himawari is very disappointing and a really bad look for him. So much for being the fastest ninja alive.

It's just plain bad writing why his kids are even there watching, it would have been simple to create shadow clones and get them out of there before the fight even started. And yeah it makes no sense why he isn't using shadow clones or his chakra arms, even if those moves are susceptible to being absorbed (and we've never seen them be) there was still situations he could have used them that would have made sense.

Last edited:

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I have been out of Boruto for a while. Have there been any updates on Naruto and Sasuke's deaths in the Manga? The Naruto wiki isn't really helpful but states Naruto dies at the age of 37.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I have been out of Boruto for a while. Have there been any updates on Naruto and Sasuke's deaths in the Manga? The Naruto wiki isn't really helpful but states Naruto dies at the age of 37.
Wait, what? They are both alive. Unless you're referring to that flashforward at the start of the manga and you assume they are dead if so we haven't reached that point.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Wait, what? They are both alive. Unless you're referring to that flashforward at the start of the manga and you assume they are dead if so we haven't reached that point.
Yeah, that is what I referring to. I was wondering if the Manga had already reached that point since the wiki stated Naruto dies at the age of 37.

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, these past few chapters have really annoyed me too, especially the latest one.

The main thing that really bothers me, and it's something I was afraid would happen for a while now, they nerfed Naruto into the ground.

The holding back and pretending to be weak excuse was only believable the first time he fooled her (even then it was a dumb idea) but since then it looks like he has genuinely been struggling in this fight and the fact he actually let Delta punch Boruto (and considering her punches hurt Naruto of all people, Boruto should be dead, guess she was being nice and went easy on him eh?) and then grab Himawari is very disappointing and a really bad look for him. So much for being the fastest ninja alive.

It's just plain bad writing why his kids are even there watching, it would have been simple to create shadow clones and get them out of there before the fight even started. And yeah it makes no sense why he isn't using shadow clones or his chakra arms, even if those moves are susceptible to being absorbed (and we've never seen them be) there was still situations he could have used them that would have made sense.
I know why they had the kids there watching the fight, it's so that Boruto could screw up, Himawari could make Naruto "lose" the fight and Kawaki could leap in and save the day. It definitely helps improve the relationship between Boruto and Kawaki which has been the current conflict for the past few chapters. Resolving that is what this whole chapter was leading up too and it needed them there for that to happen. Unfortunately, it was done at the cost of making Naruto look really incompetent, which as you said is bad writing. It takes me out of it because I can't reasonably believe Naruto would blunder so much here. The challenge of the new writer is that we know what Naruto can do and everything he's done before this so it's going to take more effort to make a scenario like this work.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Watched the ep. I like training stuff so that ep was actually pretty ok.

What happened to chakra exhaustion? Hanabi tryna work that girl to death smh. Nue evolved! And from training against some water guns. Pokemon af. The jutsu was surprisingly kinda dope, with the birds flying out and all that jazz. How did Hanabi not activate byakugan while looking for those people? The animation with cat girl vs namida was pretty good.

So what are we callin that. Mouth Chidori: Scream of 1000 Birds?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So via the preview we are getting a Team 15 and Team 7 arc

The preview also shows it but I'll spoiler tag this bit

It is about Jugo

This mini arc will last a total of 6 episodes

Oct 27, 2017

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Dope drawing from the manga

image0.png

If only we saw Naruto get this ninja-y in part 1. Maybe he could have if we had two more ninja mission arcs smh

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody gonna say it fine I'll say it... hot take incoming. They handling these teams way way better than og series did

Nobody gonna say it fine I'll say it... hot take incoming. They handling these teams way way better than og series did

Imma not say it yet, but if they continue at this rate, you fuckin right lol, all that's missing is some higher stakes (not Otsutsuki high just a more powerful villain and a more dangerous tone)

I don't play when it comes to shikadai bro come on now
Mans throwing WIND OUT HERE

Bless up

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
you guys are hilarious

but I can understand I'd be the same if Ryogi was released out of prison

would even have a mini party by myself while watching the episode and wear a party hat like Mitsuki
tumblr_p6argztfZV1vpbwg5o1_500.png

Last edited:

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was kind of whatever but I'm glad they're giving Shikadai wind techs

The more I think about it I probably do like the new cast over the original. They just need to write some more interesting scenarios/fights for them.

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was kind of whatever but I'm glad they're giving Shikadai wind techs

The more I think about it I probably do like the new cast over the original. They just need to write some more interesting scenarios/fights for them.
Yea all boruto needs now is some good fights. Cuz these kids and the teams have way more focus than anybody not named sasuke and naruto had.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah the side cast is definitely getting a lot more focus here, but not sure I'd say that's an automatic good thing all the time. I like having more context about these characters when I look on it, but many of the episodes aren't necassarily entralling to get through.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the side cast is definitely getting a lot more focus here, but not sure I'd say that's an automatic good thing all the time. I like having more context about these characters when I look on it, but many of the episodes aren't necassarily entralling to get through.
Yeah I agree. They need to write some more interesting fights and scenarios and plotlines for us to hang on to. There's no friction between any of the kids so there's not much conflict to mine from there, and the only hanging mystery we have is Boruto's eye and seal which the show has, well, been ignoring. I find the new kids to be more conceptually interesting, they just need to be put in more interesting plotlines. Hopefully this new arc coming up is something cool, but I really hope they get to the manga stuff soon so we can get some material with meat on its bones.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree. They need to write some more interesting fights and scenarios and plotlines for us to hang on to. There's no friction between any of the kids so there's not much conflict to mine from there, and the only hanging mystery we have is Boruto's eye and seal which the show has, well, been ignoring. I find the new kids to be more conceptually interesting, they just need to be put in more interesting plotlines. Hopefully this new arc coming up is something cool, but I really hope they get to the manga stuff soon so we can get some material with meat on its bones.

I'm hoping that...

... we'll find out the events that lead to Sumire joining the science team. That would be the most interesting plotline they could do with her.

It kinda feels like they've been stunted a bit, storyline wise. On one side, they've had to adhere to the structure of the Boruto movie. On the other side, they've had to adhere to the structure of the manga, which primarily focuses on Team 7. It's like Boruto was meant to be an anime only project by Kishi and Kodachi, but Shueisha wanted a manga too. :\

Last edited:

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's canon but I've been paying absolutely no attention whatsoever to that manga lol

I honestly think the manga's super good for the most part, but it suffers from one major issue: Pacing. There's a clear disconnect with the storytelling, which is told like a weekly series, and the monthly release schedule. This is why some chapters can feel like they don't go anywhere. Which is a shame, because the manga's high points have been REALLY high in the past 10 chapters.

This is only gonna get worse as the anime caches up to the manga too. I'm not sure what the solution to this is.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the anime is stalling post the Momoshiki arc while the manga started sidetracking towards

Kara and Kawaki
Granted the manga feels like its own thing but since the Momo arc we have been in this limbo period when it comes to the Otsutsuki and the Jogan stuff.

I thought the series would've dived quickly head first into the Kaguya incomplete lore by now but it hasn't and instead went back to focusing on Ninjas and Ninja villages which is fine but has nothing to do with Boruto's eye and the Otsutsuki lol.

If that is a good or bad thing for the long term is yet to be seen as I need to wait and see on how they'll reapproach the alien stuff in the future and how big they'll delve into it and maybe even other aliens beyond the Otsutsuki. (Boruto novel talks about another alien race that died in a planet Momoshiki was feasting on).

Last edited:

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel the anime is stalling post the Momoshiki arc while the manga started sidetracking towards

Kara and Kawaki

granted the manga feels like its own thing but since the Momo arc we have been in this limbo period when it comes to the Otsutsuki and the Jogan stuff.

I thought the series would dive quickly head first into the Kaguya incomplete lore by now but it hasn't.

Yeah, I was hoping to get more on this too. I actually find the Kaguya/Otsutsuki/Jogan stuff to be very interesting... but I'm biased given that I want the Hyuga clan to have more screentime and that's their best shot at it. :D

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was hoping to get more on this too. I actually find the Kaguya/Otsutsuki/Jogan stuff to be very interesting... but I'm biased given that I want the Hyuga clan to have more screentime and that's their best shot at it. :D
lol whatever happened to the Hyuga?

beyond Hiashi, Hinata and Hanabi they are all mia. Even Hanabi won't be present in this 6 episode arc we are getting next episode.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lol whatever happened to the Hyuga?

beyond Hiashi, Hinata and Hanabi they are all mia. Even Hanabi won't be present in this 6 episode arc we are getting next episode.

You have no idea how disappointed I am that Boruto's Jogan and/or Himawari's Bakuygan hasn't led into a Hyuuga training arc yet. The closest we got was Hanabi sparring with Boruto, but that was without the Jogan.

This is like one of three things I've been asking from this series, and I really hope I get it.

The other two things I want are Hinata sparring with Boruto, and an Uzukami Family team beat down on an antagonist. I haven't gotten either of those yet either. :(

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
You have no idea how disappointed I am that Boruto's Jogan and/or Himawari's Bakuygan hasn't led into a Hyuuga training arc yet. The closest we got was Hanabi sparring with Boruto, but that was without the Jogan.

This is like one of three things I've been asking from this series, and I really hope I get it.

The other two things I want are Hinata sparring with Boruto, and an Uzukami Family team beat down on an antagonist. I haven't gotten either of those yet either. :(
idk about all the rest but the last one could happen

minus Hima and Hinata

you probably are the one that has waited the longest with the Hyuga, I hope it comes to fruition at least