• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Finally saw the last ep, pretty solid. It was nice to see all members of Team 7 together again and they all managed to get a moment. The stuff with Sekiei was pretty sad. Kirara got bodied lol. I hope Ku delivers, depending on how many episodes this arc has left.

I wonder if Boruto will get to keep Garaga

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Finally saw the last ep, pretty solid. It was nice to see all members of Team 7 together again and they all managed to get a moment. The stuff with Sekiei was pretty sad. Kirara got bodied lol. I hope Ku delivers, depending on how many episodes this arc has left.

I wonder if Boruto will get to keep Garaga
Definitely. I think Sasuke is gonna have fun with that little fact, and Garaga will solidify his trust for Boruto when he sees that a great Ninja like Sasuke is going to great lengths to train him. That. And mostly I want Boruto to be styling over everyone having swordfights atop his giant snake summon.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I was expecting them to take off the mask with this much outrage, but the fact that its not even a reveal and normal shonen drama bait makes it even more hilarious.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
To quote Lord Ku:
1481500368-723b133a2a96b1f918c94773b81c28bb.gif

This episode was the bomb. Sage Mode Mitsuki, him finding his will, that final Particle Style, great eay to end this arc. And Naruto didn't even have to swoop in the last moment, they finally did something by themselves. That hug from Konohomaru was perfect, its a perfect showing that people need to move on, like Ohnoki was implying. Also laughed at how Mitsuko was all, well there are more clones of me so you know if I die its no big deal. God the next episode is gonna be fun, I want to see how they are gonna handle keeping mitsuki around despite his actions, considering how there will be an entire episode for it.
They really need to re-evaluate security around the Hokage office.
Seriously half the arcs of this show wouldn't happen if there was eavesdropping protection.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Today's episode was awesome. A great end to this arc. There were some letdown episodes in this arc, but overall it's my new favorite. Also glad that it's getting an epilogue episode as well, too much has happened to leave the wrap up to this episode's final minutes.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Basically there's a new character that is not an otsutsuki but can seemingly fight on even ground with naruto so of course people are going haywire about "powerlevels"

I don't know why that's so unbelievable to folks, it's been over ten years, that's plenty of time for the world to come up with shit that let's them fight naruto and on top of that she's completely kitted out with mutant ninja tech

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
I don't know why that's so unbelievable to folks, it's been over ten years, that's plenty of time for the world to come up with shit that let's them fight naruto and on top of that she's completely kitted out with mutant ninja tech
[That and also if you look back to the prologuw of chapter 1 where Kawaki tells boruto the age of ninja is over it becomes pretty obvious what they are going for in terms of the story. We know form a few chapters ago that kawaki has no ninja training and seeminlgy didn't even know what shadow clones, this newer generation of individuals with ninja tech will supposedly make even the strongest ninja like Naruto obsolete at least in the conventional sense. One of the obvious themes of naruto is that being a ninja is about more than just ninjutsu but also being able to overcome obstacles which will probably be played up as the story advances. /SPOILER]

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 91
Good episodes had some nice moments with Mitsuki.

Chapter 31
Phew, thought Naruto was actually fighting serious there for a minute. Good chapter, still don't like how he draws Naruto.

Oct 25, 2017

lol at Boruto getting all worried at Naruto, lol dude you saw naruto go all out before, how youre getting worried that Delta is like pushing him and he's doing nothing lol.

Surprised there was no shadow clones or substitution jutsus going on.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The pacing of that arc was a mess. Like half if the arc was about the tsuchikage's family AND her village and she had zero role in it.

And I STILL don't know why Mitsuki did ANY of the dumb shit that he did.

The fuck is boruto doing?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017
The part in the latest episode when Naruto assumes Konohamaru saved the day and Konohamaru admits he basically did nothing.

I know it's not his show but Konohamaru feels so useless to me in this series. I get that they can't have him solving all of Boruto and co's problems but I feel like they haven't established Konohamaru's strength as leader of Team Seven as they did with Kakashi in Naruto. Early on in Naruto Kishimoto was able to quickly showcase Kakashi's strength and how he could handle an enemy (Zabuza) that Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura couldn't even imagine taking on at that point and then after having established that, have situations where Kakashi logically couldn't be in play to fix Naruto's problems for him. I feel like Boruto skipped that moment and just has Konohamaru out of the action or just strangely not try to hard so I keep asking myself when he's going to do something.

Sadara puts in work. I wonder if the "female character synodrome" will actually outweigh "Uchiha Syndrome" at this point, because so far they're treating her like a beast. Ball lightning just wrecked that other girl.
I wish Sarada was the main character honestly. Boruto is just ok, I like Mitsuki and Sarada is great.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I mainly just don't like how that was in response to me talking about power and feats. I like, dare I say love it when main characters aren't the clear strongest one of their peers, certainly so for these earlier parts.
oh I was talking about personality and character lol

yeah but I agree with the power early thing but everyone in Team 7 will eventually power creep their way up to absurdity this gen

plus Boruto right now doesn't rely on his KKGs like his peers so I hope he still pushes forward like his grandfather (minato) did and becomes creative, instead of just later getting said strength from his genes later on

I want him to push that base version up, I mean it is pretty impressive that he is keeping up so far without those abilities and no massive reserves like his father

although at least for this arc his creativity and intellect went down a notch due to writers

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The pacing of that arc was a mess. Like half if the arc was about the tsuchikage's family AND her village and she had zero role in it.

And I STILL don't know why Mitsuki did ANY of the dumb shit that he did.

The fuck is boruto doing?
Mitsuki did what he did because he was lonely. Kid felt out of place, and then some other Clone People show up. He went with them, saw something similar to himself inside them, and figured they were good people. Then as the Akuta and Lord Ku's machinations became apparent to Mitsuki, he stsrted to devise a plan to kill Lord Ku. Its not the full explanation but that is the gist of it.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
manga 31

I gotta say, it's really refreshing to see a woman in a shonen get to actually fight against an opponent instead of giving them passive powers or just straight-up not having them do anything. So seeing Delta just trading blows with Naruto is awesome.

Not sure why people would be mad though. Naruto barely has his cloak up, and hasn't even done anything except a Rasengan (which revealed how her absorption works). He'll end up getting her in the back with something to win, but still. So far, it's not like shikai Ichigo taking on Kenpachi or anything.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So the Shinden adaptation post this last Mitsuki arc episode will not include chapter 2 but instead chapter 1,3, and 4

chapter 2 was the Hyuga chapter and the Hanabi and Hinata fight

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Good wrap up episode.

Arc was overal decent. I'd say half of the eps were meh to bad and the other half were decent to good.

Last edited:

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
That stuff with the doctor's body seems like it could potentially lead into some manga stuff 🤔

Oct 25, 2017
Garaga just bailing at the end here makes the cave stuff feel kind of pointless to be honest. I don't think he did enough in this arc to justify that detour. I did end up coming around this arc overall though. RIP Akun

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Garaga just bailing at the end here makes the cave stuff feel kind of pointless to be honest. I don't think he did enough in this arc to justify that detour. I did end up coming around this arc overall though. RIP Akun

Yeah this Garaga stuff ended up being somewhat disappointing. I think he probably will be used again in the future though.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt this will be the end of the Garaga stuff. Would be a huge waste. Makes sense for him to part ways for now though. He is way too strong of a summon for Boruto to be having already lol

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I think it's kind of a symptom of the arc's biggest issue: That it doesn't really justify it's episode count a couple of times. It's not even that the plot or story are bad, but that we had a number of pointless detours throughout it that artificially extended it's length. The cave being one such example, and the Hidden Stone Shinobi Training Grounds being another such example.

I actually enjoyed the story here, for what it's worth. But those few moments just felt... awkward. I think we'll see Garaga again in the future tho.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Those two images are telling. Amazing what having a relatively stable family life does for one's personality. :p

Nov 17, 2017
I was hoping he got to keep him as a summon. The manga and anime are separate canons, right? Let Boruto have a giant snake summon! I like how it separates him from Naruto.

Nov 17, 2017
I believe they're the same canon.
Ok, I was worried that was the case. If they're the same canon, it makes sense that Garaga left because they have to explain why Boruto never calls on him in the manga which is past this point in the story. Kind of feels like a filler arc where they have to make sure nothing too drastic happens in terms of development and that things have to return to the status quo by the end to keep everything in line with the canon. I'd almost rather have it that the manga and anime were completely separate so that when doing an arc like this they could truly go all out. I guess there's still a chance that the manga could bring Garaga back cause if I remember right, the manga did acknowledge some stuff that happened in the anime.