• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Best part of the new ending is Denki photo bombing it at one point, followed by Sasuke being dragged into the photo seemingly against his will by Sakura.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
#JUSTICE4AKKUN
That hit hard man, I don't why but it just did. Little guy was the emotional core to the Akuta actually having some sentience, and they pulled it off in a tasteful and engaging way.
I am happy to see the new ending teasing a return to the superior headbands that they tie to their head, at least for Boruto.
I was about to say, what the hell are you talking about. And then I noticed that yeah, the headbands being tied on indtead of whatever elastic monstrosity they wear now is actually a miniscule yet very pleasing aesthetic change I gladly accept.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
the recent Shonen Jump Magazine (at least in Japan)
stated Boruto's birthday finally

March 27th

Same day as Hanabi Hyuga. Now we just need to know Himawari's birthday.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when they took a long detour early this arc so Boruto could get a snake summon and then they've done almost nothing with that? Good times

Oct 25, 2017
is the anime really taking a 3 week break sometime.

-

Anyway, crying for Akkun :( :( :( Poor poor Inojin. My heart. He didnt deserve this sadness.

This new ED, guess we're in for some pretty sad and tragic times up ahead, but at least the other teams did provide some happiness.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how they're going to handle Mitsuki's pov since he seems totally fine with killing those rock nin for their hearts now. At first I figured he was just a passive observer with no idea how bad it was gonna get but now he's actively involved in this nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
This show good again? Last ep I saw was some really bad Chocho filler where she lost weight and had to guard an actor. I didn't like the ep so went on another break.

Oct 25, 2017
This latest arc has been pretty good, there's some dull spots here and there but it's definitely worth watching.
Is there anything after the Chocho filler as bad as that filler? I don't even hate Chocho, just don't like her enough for her to drive the plot forward and found that filler arc written very badly. I don't even remember the ep number to be honest.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything after the Chocho filler as bad as that filler? I don't even hate Chocho, just don't like her enough for her to drive the plot forward and found that filler arc written very badly. I don't even remember the ep number to be honest.

Nothing as bad as the Chocho filler. The current arc has had it's ups and downs, but on the whole it's been a pretty good arc that significantly expands on some plot points from the manga. We've gotten some pretty great moments, good character development, and decent fight scenes out of it.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, in fact it's been one continuous story since then. I think this has been the longest arc in the series so far unless I'm mistaken.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Nah, in fact it's been one continuous story since then. I think this has been the longest arc in the series so far unless I'm mistaken.
Nearly 20 episodes, so yes its the longest arc yet. This bodes well for the future imo, single cour arcs like the movie are fine for the beginning of the show, but from here on out we need these chunky almost half a year arcs with shorter side stories in between. Hopefully once we start getting the Kara material adapted it gets to these lengths.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was actually disappointed that the movie arc was only a single cour. I know why they did it that way tho; It paid off in an amazing finale and let them make extensive use of the movie footage.

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing as bad as the Chocho filler. The current arc has had it's ups and downs, but on the whole it's been a pretty good arc that significantly expands on some plot points from the manga. We've gotten some pretty great moments, good character development, and decent fight scenes out of it.
Ok that's good. I'll probably get back to this when I'm done with the first two seasons of Grappi the Bakkler and Made in Abyss.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I dunno, it felt like the proper length they wanted, and anything furthwr could have been a drag. Like what else could they have done with an interrupted Chunin exam?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
tfw your pun is so good it kills the thread

This show good again? Last ep I saw was some really bad Chocho filler where she lost weight and had to guard an actor. I didn't like the ep so went on another break.

I didn't even watch those eps, they're the only parts of Boruto I've skipped. (Oh I skipped the class rep team episode too) It sounded awful. I don't think this current arc is great overall, but possibly the best one so far. It's similar to the Boruto Land of Waves arc for me, great ideas, inconsistent execution. Some parts/episodes of the arc arc are better, some are worse. Overall I think it is better than the other ones though.

I dunno, it felt like the proper length they wanted, and anything furthwr could have been a drag. Like what else could they have done with an interrupted Chunin exam?

Uhh, maybe take some more cues from the other chunnin exam arc? The one in Naruto was much better for a reason.

Giant Snake VS Mitsuki Sage Mode at the end of the arc, or so I hope. God do I hope.

I wonder how this arc could realistically end with Boruto vs Mitsuki. I don't see this leading up to that.

Remember when they took a long detour early this arc so Boruto could get a snake summon and then they've done almost nothing with that? Good times

Yeah that's kinda fukin weird. Especially weird that we didn't even see Garaaga's reaction to Boruto gettin zapped. Boruto shoulda been straight gulped. (Of course he isn't going to actually eat him but I feel his reaction to why he doesn't is a very important detail that they just ignored for some reason)

This Inashikacho trio > the original trio.

I think I probably like them better too. It was nice to see Inojin's paint actual do something useful in combat for once, though in a really roundabout way. Chocho gettin them good hits in is pretty nice too. Though I still think that fight progressed pretty weird. That guy could have finished off Shikidai at like 3 different points but didn't for some reason. Also I wonder how they even planned the light thing.

Lastly, someone's gotta point out that power of friendship speech from shikdai, and that someone will be me.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
They could have made an arc just about the exam and made it more different from the movie 👀
I dunno. It felt like they did the whole pre Chunnin Exam show exactly the way they did to fit the character development for Boruto shown in that arc, and if they did them separately then the result would have been very different and perhaps not as satisfying. Like Boruto was an entitled snot rag until he was caught cheating, and them once he learns of his father's motives and what being a Ninja meant to him and the previous generation, he uses that newfound understanding to grow as a person and save his father. Sure, that could have been accomplished after his disowned status and disqualification after the examw because of his cheating and several days later the Moon Clan attacks, but it definitely wouldn't hit as hard as it did the way we know it.
So I have lots of questions about what Mitsuki knew and we still don't.
Like? He figured out shit is going south fast and acted upon it.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The only way this mitsuki plan doesn't look super dumb is if he intended to free the Tsuchikage before his turn.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
god they're going to handwave this aren't they, even though an entire platoon of leaf shinobi died trying to bring him back
This whole mission was actually a shadow OP led by Sasuke and Orochimaru after the scientist was discovered to have stolen the White Zetsu DNA, and not even Konohomaru was aware of them sending in Mitsuki to find everything out and potentially stop the threat. And I dunno if even that outcome would be satisfying enough.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Look at that headband straps flap Silfer
DxP-KdiU0AAweBB.jpg

DxP-LYOV4AEAIP5.jpg

Also a thank you tweet from Huang had this art
DxMGLNAVsAAI9iu.jpg

I wonder when he is going to start using that sword

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The elastic headband is something I haven't noticed at all and it didn't click till the current ED that something is off. Now everytime it gets a chance to be highlighted I get more and more annoyed with it, bring back the tie ons god damn it. And yeah, Sword Master Boruto needs to happen, J wonder if its gonna be pre or post time skip(cause you know damn well they won't just do one for the finale of the show and will try to replicate Shippuden).

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Look at that headband straps flap Silfer
DxP-KdiU0AAweBB.jpg

DxP-LYOV4AEAIP5.jpg

Also a thank you tweet from Huang had this art
DxMGLNAVsAAI9iu.jpg

I wonder when he is going to start using that sword

Dang it's the long ass one like Naruto has in Part II lol. They're making a statement!

Also, that's some cool art. I didn't think much of it at first but I've grown more excited at the idea of Boruto fighting with a sword in the future. Makes for a cool difference between him and Naruto/Minato.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The elastic headband is something I haven't noticed at all and it didn't click till the current ED that something is off. Now everytime it gets a chance to be highlighted I get more and more annoyed with it, bring back the tie ons god damn it. And yeah, Sword Master Boruto needs to happen, J wonder if its gonna be pre or post time skip(cause you know damn well they won't just do one for the finale of the show and will try to replicate Shippuden).
I hope it is pre timskip

Get that build up, failures, and practice instead of some timskip happening and then behold Kenjutsu master Boruto like timskip Sasuke was

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
We all know the next episode is going to be perfect judging from the last seconds in the preview.
The first non elastic headband makes its appearancr, so hell yes. Episode was solid.
Garaga finally shows up, and it seems like he is gonna stick with Boruto after he saw that Mitsuki is a total bro after all. Mitsuki also found a bro and it was pretty depressing to see that he wanted to convert him because he finally understood what friendship was. Boruto is gonna have to start listening more god damn it. Also loved the Sharigan bait and Switch, those Uchiha genes are starting to show.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Oof that fistbump scene hurt. Things wrapped up pretty decently with them.

Sadara puts in work. I wonder if the "female character synodrome" will actually outweigh "Uchiha Syndrome" at this point, because so far they're treating her like a beast. Ball lightning just wrecked that other girl.

Lol Gaaraga.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It is rather fitting that Boruto, the most tsundere character of the new generation, gets the most tsundere summoning partner.