• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
*pushes up glasses*
All y'all praising Boruto for a flaw that I pointed out two weeks ago. I'm vexed!
Ohnoki's plan is interesting. Even if it were limited to the rock drones I'd find it questionable but if the goal is people like Mitsuki, Ku and the 4 other Akuta with personalities then it's reprehensible because they're as human as the ones he's trying to protect. Then it just becomes about who Ohnoki decided no one should care about and who he decided people should care about.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I feel like this is making Ohnoki seem like an dope lol. I get that he's grieving but Mitsuki and the other artifical beings shown so far all clearly have emotions, feelings and desires of their own and you can tell within like a second of interacting with them. This isn't something he should need Boruto to point out to him. (on the other hand maybe he does know this but just doesn't want to think about the ugly truth, kind of like with livestock)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Silfer begs Ryogi to come back... nothing happens

Boruto begs Sumire to come back... pardons galore
giphy.gif

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
How much longer until the anime gets into the Kara arc?
I hope they will announce something at Jump Festa.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Boruto chapter 30 was really good this month

How much longer until the anime gets into the Kara arc?
I hope they will announce something at Jump Festa.
new OPening is like in April if you count the span between each opening

lol then that would mean the manga might be in april

and even then they have to do that mini arc that leads into the Kara stuff

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really like where they're going with the Momoshiki stuff. Hopefully it won't be too far into the new year before we get info on what that means for Boruto.

Kinda wish this chapter hadn't ended on such a big cliffhanger tho.

Also, it feels like Ikemoto is prepping for Himawari to have a bigger role. She's been present in the manga an awful lot lately. Fine by me, especially if it leads to her using her Byakugan.

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like people wqho say the chapter spoilers are crazy kind of overhype things and set things up to be more than they were

In any case, BorutoKawaki and the unison sign again was great. Really good sparing match and love how Kawaki help him a bit on Karma.

Delta is so impatient.

Momoshiki part needs explanation, cant believe we have to wait a month to figure out where each characters allegiences and motivations lie.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like people wqho say the chapter spoilers are crazy kind of overhype things and set things up to be more than they were

In any case, BorutoKawaki and the unison sign again was great. Really good sparing match and love how Kawaki help him a bit on Karma.

Delta is so impatient.

Momoshiki part needs explanation, cant believe we have to wait a month to figure out where each characters allegiences and motivations lie.
ooops sorry

crazy for me at least

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just realized that Naruto refers to Himawari as "Hima" too, at least in the manga.

That must be where Boruto picked it up from. :o

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the Naruto Shinden novels are going to be adapted in Boruto next? People talking about it on Twitter based off an ad that was at Jump Fiesta.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Kishi also confirmed yet again that he gives and writes ideas for the Boruto manga

---

Also Poster for the Shinden season
img_top_main_181222.jpg

Likely will replace the Momoshiki one we have now

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Wait 5/30, as in May 30th? So what the hell is gonna happen in the next 5 months? Olay 4, I can see January covering the last part of the Mitsuki's Will Arc, but still. That leaves 16 episodes for another major arc. I am intrigued.
Today's episode was also pretty good. Fun fight, good lesson to Ohnoki that you don't fuck with creating lives out of thin air, and that Inojin genjutsu swerve was a good closing minute. Gonna be fun to see how long it takes for Naruto to get in there and kick some ass.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the episode was good, that clutch Sarada entrance was clean as fuck and Shikadai has got me intrigued in what he plans to do next

Also where the fuck is Konohamaru

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Since they changed the broadcast to Sundays I keep forgetting to watch the anime.

This episode was good, I'm glad thet Pierrot aren't making 5 episodes fights since everything feels faster and better this way.

The manga is getting interesting as well but if I was Kishi I'd still ask for its cancellation. Yes, you heard me right.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Fun ep. I like how out of their league they are when it comes to some of these guys. Boruto woulda been straight toast

That was like a particle style spirit bomb.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been super hot on a lot of this arc, but this episode was really good. This show knows how to make a fight scene when it wants to.

I also still don't like the manga at all and I wouldn't care if the anime completely ignored it and did it's own thing tbh

Oct 25, 2017
hand to hand fights always look so much better in Naruto franchise than they do in other animes. Loved the fighting this week, particle style is always one of my favorite ninjutsu.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Man, what a great chapter. The manga is really well-paced for a monthly thing. I like that Delta isn't also a super genius villain; I got a bit burnt out on how OP the Akatsuki were, so it's nice to see a Kara member make an impulsive, not-strategic decision. She'll get wrecked for sure; Naruto alone should totally outclass her without some weird trap.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Manga art is really good nowadays. Pacing for the whole thing could be better though.

Yeah. The manga art has gotten seriously good.

The earliest chapters were trying way too hard to be busy in many different aspects. Ikemoto's realized that "Less is more" when it comes to how much stuff is in each panel, and how complex each character design is.

Plus his art has significantly improved in technique over the past few years. This was Himawari in Chapter 1:
vivaldi_2018-12-28_05hmcqk.png

This is Himawari from the more recent chapters:
vivaldi_2018-12-28_054ndjc.png

Her proportions are much better. Her outfit is more detailed in terms of folds. Her facial features actually look like Naruto's now, instead of looking like a clown. The only real issue remains is the fact that he tried to apply Hinata's curved sidebangs to Himawari, and they don't look right due to being too short.

In addition to this, everyone has become a whole lot less babyfaced. Here's Boruto in Chapter 1:
vivaldi_2018-12-28_06szc0f.png

Here's Boruto from the latest chapter:
vivaldi_2018-12-28_06hti3s.png

He went from having a very weird "stuffed baby faced" look, to actually looking like he does in the anime and in Kishimoto's art. It's a very drastic improvement.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Himarawi still looks dumb to me in that shot. Maybe improved but still bad.

My boy Boruto tho lookin badass with that ike flair in the recent pic.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Himarawi still looks dumb to me in that shot. Maybe improved but still bad.

My boy Boruto tho lookin badass with that ike flair in the recent pic.

The biggest issue with Himawari right now isn't technical, but rather design. Kishi emphasizes the front bangs on her, with her side bangs being very short (almost non existent) and straight. Ikemoto instead draws her with longer curved sidebangs (to match his Hinata design) that frame her eyes and nothing else. Add in the fact that her whiskers are already framing her face (the same way they do on Boruto and Naruto) and it just looks... wrong.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
The biggest issue with Himawari right now isn't technical, but rather design. Kishi emphasizes the front bangs on her, with her side bangs being very short (almost non existent) and straight. Ikemoto instead draws her with longer curved sidebangs (to match his Hinata design) that frame her eyes and nothing else. Add in the fact that her whiskers are already framing her face (the same way they do on Boruto and Naruto) and it just looks... wrong.

They need to get her a new barber

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
well Naruto Shinden is apparently 3 episodes (or maybe that is all the shinden novels. We will see

no episode this Sunday as they are on break, then next week we will get a new ending

Mitsuki arc is ending in 3-4/5 episodes

No way are they doing all the Shinden novels in three episodes. Most likely they're gonna adapt the first three chapters of Naruto Shinden and leave out Chapter 4 because they already had a Cho-Cho arc.

Also no episode this Sunday is true despair. Between this and Gridman ending I feel so out of place without my weekend anime ;_;

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
New episode was good...and sad
Likeed that this fight was more strategic rather than action focused, it fits Shikadai's team more and their fighting style. Plus Inojin used one of him mom's jutsus, nice to be reminded that he can do more than just his dad's moves.
Also, poor Akkun, was predictable but still sad.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I am happy to see the new ending teasing a return to the superior headbands that they tie to their head, at least for Boruto.