• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I took a quick peak at that Boruto chapter
Saw the bit about that mask dude entering Konoha and the woman with him talked about how Konoha has something that detects chakra that's been there before. That's pretty interesting. I guess this dude really is Jiraiya as I've seen hear and there. But then how does that work? Is it tech or is it actual people sensing chakra? (sorry if it was said, like I said, quick peak and it was hours ago lol) Cause if it's tech then that's been around for longer than I would've expected. Though they already had TVs and stuff in Part 1 so it's not unreasonable.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the bit about that mask dude entering Konoha and the woman with him talked about how Konoha has something that detects chakra that's been there before. That's pretty interesting. I guess this dude really is Jiraiya as I've seen hear and there. But then how does that work? Is it tech or is it actual people sensing chakra? (sorry if it was said, like I said, quick peak and it was hours ago lol) Cause if it's tech then that's been around for longer than I would've expected. Though they already had TVs and stuff in Part 1 so it's not unreasonable.

It's not (just) tech, there's a team of sensing shinobi who check the chakra of everyone entering and leaving the village. Check out the chapter when Pain invaded again.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

It's like a whitelist. If you're from Konoha, you get put on the whitelist and your chakra doesn't set off alarms. We don't know if it's a generic list or like the Marauder's Map in Harry Potter (where the sensor squad could detect individual chakra).

I still don't think he's Jiraiya. I feel like that would set off some crazy alarm bells, in particular because why wouldn't you take him off the list? The evidence is circumstantial for Jiraiya; toads and the Rasengan are specific to a small group of people, but they aren't inherited techniques or anything. Koji could've just learned those in secret. I think he's some deranged former ANBU member, or maybe a relative of Jiraiya. One of the things we never got was any sort of clan for Jiraiya; we know literally nothing about his family (I think).

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's like a whitelist. If you're from Konoha, you get put on the whitelist and your chakra doesn't set off alarms. We don't know if it's a generic list or like the Marauder's Map in Harry Potter (where the sensor squad could detect individual chakra).

I still don't think he's Jiraiya. I feel like that would set off some crazy alarm bells, in particular because why wouldn't you take him off the list? The evidence is circumstantial for Jiraiya; toads and the Rasengan are specific to a small group of people, but they aren't inherited techniques or anything. Koji could've just learned those in secret. I think he's some deranged former ANBU member, or maybe a relative of Jiraiya. One of the things we never got was any sort of clan for Jiraiya; we know literally nothing about his family (I think).
or
when Katasuke was brainwashed he registered his chakra into the system

or he brainwashed (genjusu'd) someone else to do it for him

or he has an ability like Karin Uzumaki and he can make his chakra non detectable

multiple things really

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Saw this in my YT recommendations cause CR just uploaded it and holy shit am I thankful cause I somehow forgot about this. I feel like I often forget oe don't give enough credit to EDs for big ass shows like Naruto and so sometimes I feel blessed when I come across these things. It's so damn good I've legit been replaying it over and over and over again. The setup is really simple and cool and Konohamaru + Team Guy make quite the odd but fun group. I love the progression from sparring with Konohamaru and getting the feeling Naruto's just toying with him to fighting Neji and he gets more methodical while keeping a more eccentric style compared to his opponent then the song speeds up a bit with Tenten and they use weapons with Naruto just flipping around and then it just explodes in intensity once Lee hopes in and gets crazy fast and chaotic. This kind of animation is legit my favorite style because it's two people doing things and reacting to things both on screen at the same time in the same shot and of the many ways fights can be displayed in anime, this feels the most alive to me (and it's something that's present in multiple of my favorite Naruto fights). And the art style is just superb (I especially love how the blue fits the relatively more tranquil and measured pace of the Neji part).
Also the song is fantastic.
This ED is simply brilliant and incredibly fun imo and I hope you enjoy watching it again like I did (or for the first time, who knows).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Todays episode

Boruto is happy to eat bugs, meanwhile Naruto could stand them lol.

Also I love how Boruto was like, guess this shows Im weak and all talk when he was laying their thirsty and whatnot under the sun.

Ohnoki plan is flawed ethically because he has no way to remove the man made humans wills, so it seems like a sacrifice hard for Boruto and others to accept, and using Mitsuki as an example in that part out to make Boruto less of a fan since he is their friend and classmates and has desires and feelings. Honestly surprised Ku is with the plan as well.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ohnoki's plan is interesting. Even if it were limited to the rock drones I'd find it questionable but if the goal is people like Mitsuki, Ku and the 4 other Akuta with personalities then it's reprehensible because they're as human as the ones he's trying to protect. Then it just becomes about who Ohnoki decided no one should care about and who he decided people should care about.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

This is another great early Shippuden ED. Love the high school setting and the pleasant camaraderie vibes when the hook kicks in and they're all watching the sunset. EDs like these make me think that sometimes I'm such a sucker for a cast of characters I'd watch them in any kind of setting lol. They all look really cool.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd take an entire series with the characters in High School. I guess there was technically the Shippu Konoha Gakuen Den too.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
reminder that the Hidden Mist looks like something straight out of Pokemon
Dt1fAktXgAACLFV.jpg

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

This is another great early Shippuden ED. Love the high school setting and the pleasant camaraderie vibes when the hook kicks in and they're all watching the sunset. EDs like these make me think that sometimes I'm such a sucker for a cast of characters I'd watch them in any kind of setting lol. They all look really cool.

Boruto's EDs haven't been slouching either, they are still up there with Naruto's best. The current one with Mitsuki and the whole glitch in the matrix theme alongside his current status as a lost soul works really well, and the song is easily the best alongside with Lonely Go for the OP.

This episode and the last were kinda pointless, but enjoyable nonetheless. I dunno if we needed Sekki thrown into the mix or have 2 entire episodes for them leaving the Heart Stone plain, but eh. Really excited to see what they are gonna do with Kozuchi considering the grandson was the first plot point going into this arc, and I hope when Ohnoki sees that they have taken over the Hidden Stone he realizes that the plan backfired spectacularly, because right now they are working against his orders

Oct 25, 2017

help Sekki is one of fav types of characters, lol. So glad we got him and boruto together.

Shikadai part was awesome as well as Konohamaru nii chan finally arriving.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Today's episode was kind of boring. Is Sekki supposed to come back in this arc? If he doesn't then what was the point of him getting an episode if he was just gonna be sidelined?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sekki reminds me of Naruto in part 1 but more innocent

like a mesh between Naruto and Rock Lees part 1's personalities and character

also he has ridiculous strength without the use of chakra unlike everyone else... I think the only person similar in power is Tsunade when we first saw her in part 1 and she didn't use her CES that she was later known for

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a huge fan of this episode. The entire "Heart of Stone" stuff was ultimately pointless, and the last thing this series needed was another mostly incompetent goofball for Boruto to play off of.

Shikadai was awesome, however.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this episode was meh. This Heart Stone stuff mostly feels like a waste of time.

How does Sekki do that stuff without Chakra? Even Tsunades punches uses chakra, right? It's powerful because of "chakra control" which implies that chakra is being used, no?

I meant to say this a few eps ago but yeah Konohamaru seems like he'll probably be fighitng Ku.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Tsunade is naturally strong.

Hell Gai's morning tiger is specifically a move that's all physical strength no chakra.

So there are weirdos like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Tsunade uses chakra control to deal those heavy hits, same as Sakura. Guy isn't naturally strong either his daytime tiger is a result of opening the seventh gate(chakra)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Tsunade has some natural strength feats

but her insane strength feats are via chakra output

all of Sakura's strength feats are via chakra output

so if example the gentle fist was used or the rinnegan absorbed the chakra before the blow then the punch would be not as powerful but instead be a natural punch

Sekki on the other hand literally has natural strength for whatever reason lol

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That Chunin Exam extra coming back bodes well for Ryogi.
And the other anime original characters I suppose. But I really just care about Ryogi.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
My biggest thing is juat waiting for kurotsuchi and shikedai to spring their trap they clearly worked on and executed this episode

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
reminder that this arc was actually really starting to pick up a few episodes ago

I actually think it's been a good arc overall. The biggest issues is that the writing is a bit inconsistent. So we get really big highs like episodes 79 and 82, mixed in with some lows, like the "puzzles" to the Great Snake Sage and now the Heart of Stone stuff.

The themes of the arc are awesome, and exploring the other villages (especially Iwagakure) is something that Naruto didn't really go into much, even with the old filler.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This arc is fucking boring and feels like it's been going on forever.
I disagree. Its only been 14 episodes, and most of them have been pretty good. I feel like this sentiment, not just from you but in general, stems from the fact that a lot of manga these days are all condensed compared to previous eras, which means the anime adapations usually don't go beyond a full cour or 2 most for an arc. I find it really refreshing that we are seeing the first long form arc for Boruto which extends beyond 12 episodes. I don't think an Anime beyond One piece is even doing that anymore, so I'm just taking it all in.

Edit: Oh hell no, Ohnoki sama what are you doing.
White Zetsu+Orochimaru Clonung Techniques+Forbidden Earth Jutsu? How do you NOT seeing this going to shit faster than light? Man are old people stupid in this universe.

Oh shit, I just realized.
Mitsuki being a Toneri clone is back on the table. The bandages on the Akuta Generals are very similar to the Toneri White Zetsu, which means exactly what it should. If Mitsuki is a Toneri clone, that would help a lot for the Akuta's to be complete considering the shared DNA.

Last edited:

yado

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. Its only been 14 episodes, and most of them have been pretty good. I feel like this sentiment, not just from you but in general, stems from the fact that a lot of manga these days are all condensed compared to previous eras, which means the anime adapations usually don't go beyond a full cour or 2 most for an arc. I find it really refreshing that we are seeing the first long form arc for Boruto which extends beyond 12 episodes. I don't think an Anime beyond One piece is even doing that anymore, so I'm just taking it all in.

Edit: Oh hell no, Ohnoki sama what are you doing.
White Zetsu+Orochimaru Clonung Techniques+Forbidden Earth Jutsu? How do you NOT seeing this going to shit faster than light? Man are old people stupid in this universe.

Oh shit, I just realized.
Mitsuki being a Toneri clone is back on the table. The bandages on the Akuta Generals are very similar to the Toneri White Zetsu, which means exactly what it should. If Mitsuki is a Toneri clone, that would help a lot for the Akuta's to be complete considering the shared DNA.

Eh, for me personally it's just boring. It has nothing to do with condensed plotlines and everything to do with terrible writing. Everything feels corny and inconsequential. At this point I watch more out of routine than because it's enjoyable.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Todays episode was much better than last weeks. Hopefully no more distraction episodes from here on out. This arc has been mostly good so far.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice episode. I like that Boruto voiced a key flaw I have with Ohnoki's well-intentioned but misguided line of thought, which is that at a certain point there's no difference between the "fabrications" and the humans Ohnoki wants to protect. And I like that it's his bond with Mitsuki that drives that belief.

What's the music that played when Kozuchi died? It's a really good song. And is it from Boruto or was it used before?
Also I thought it was interesting to see that still shot of Ohnoki and co. mourning Kozuchi being done in that style. Has that been done before in Naruto/Boruto? It stuck out to me cause I don't recall seeing that style before in either series.
Its only been 14 episodes
Lol that's 3 months dude. I think it's fair for anyone to "feel like it's been going on forever" if it's 3 months of stuff they're not into.
(Btw am I crazy or did you change your username recently?)

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Nice episode. I like that Boruto voiced a key flaw I have with Ohnoki's well-intentioned but misguided line of thought, which is that at a certain point there's no difference between the "fabrications" and the humans Ohnoki wants to protect. And I like that it's his bond with Mitsuki that drives that belief.

What's the music that played when Kozuchi died? It's a really good song. And is it from Boruto or was it used before?
Also I thought it was interesting to see that still shot of Ohnoki and co. mourning Kozuchi being done in that style. Has that been done before in Naruto/Boruto? It stuck out to me cause I don't recall seeing that style before in either series.

Lol that's 3 months dude. I think it's fair for anyone to "feel like it's been going on forever" if it's 3 months of stuff they're not into.
(Btw am I crazy or did you change your username recently?)
Fair enough. 3 months is indeed a long time, and we are close to 4 months, with the resolve potentially being in the 5th month if not the 6th. I get that someone might not be into it, and be more mindful. Yeah, I changed it to something more simple and discreet. Too many irl coworkers and friends know my old username for me to be comfortable with it here.
As for the conflict between Ohnoki's ideals and Boruto's truth, I feel that is what Mitsuki's Will ks going to be. A gray middle ground. Yes he is man made, yet the ability to create life also comes with the fact, the responsibilities and all the consequences that you will create a soul. Mitsuki's Will in short, is to take his existence and create something good out of it, to help carve a future in which the mistake of creating life will not be done again, and that he exists for what he wants to exist for.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even bat an eye to that lol. I feel like there's a 40% chance of two characters in anime sharing VA if they are described as alike and that rises to 83% if one of them is known to be dead.

Just finished. Only issue I had with the episode, honestly. Perhaps I'm a bit more nitpicky given that this is an anime only arc.

Despite this episode being flashback heavy, it was pretty good. It was also nice to see Boruto argue the point about them having a will.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still enjoying the arc but I think I'm ready for them to get to the climax. It feels like the last couple of episodes have been running in circles a bit. I do like how the last war and the ramifications of there being so many Zetsu has tied into a few plots in this series instead of neatly getting swept under the rug.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Most of the episode was meh but I kinda consider flashbacks like those a necassary evil I guess, so I don't blame it too much for that in particular. I like having that context at the end of the day.

Boruto had me go like "oh shit" at the end when he pointed out how at some point those fabricaitons are no different form humans. Had me shook. I was pretty in agreement with his plan and somehow had that whole fact overlooked. We could also see moments in this episode where the other fabrications had "wills" of their own in regards to following the plans of Ku. I assume through their eventual defection, Mitsuki will realize that his will must be his own.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Most of the episode was meh but I kinda consider flashbacks like those a necassary evil I guess, so I don't blame it too much for that in particular. I like having that context at the end of the day.

Boruto had me go like "oh shit" at the end when he pointed out how at some point those fabricaitons are no different form humans. Had me shook. I was pretty in agreement with his plan and somehow had that whole fact overlooked. We could also see moments in this episode where the other fabrications had "wills" of their own in regards to following the plans of Ku. I assume through their eventual defection, Mitsuki will realize that his will must be his own.

Boruto really made a great point there, actually.

Watch the death of Inojin's akuta being the saddest moment in the arc, by the way.

Sch1sm

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Boruto's little monologue at the end there was too real. Ohnoki honestly looked as if he was more trying to convince himself that the Fabrications aren't human rather than convince Boruto. lol @ him saying they're "enemies." Your enemy is a 12yo boy and you're a grown, former Tsuchikage.

I think my favourite part of Ohnoki's insistence that they have no will, is that he's completely unaware of how they're exercising their will in taking over the Tsuchikage's office without orders, and collecting those 5 guys for the hearts that are meant to make them perfect fabrications. Ku is the only one who cares to follow Ohnoki's wishes, and (probably) only because he's his clone/son/whatever.