• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Hey Boruto-Era

I've got one final dumb question.

How does Sasuke perform his ninjutsu now that he only has one arm? Or rather, does he still do ninjutsu techniques given he has the Rinnegan, Sharingan and all their related techniques?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Boruto-Era

I've got one final dumb question.

How does Sasuke perform his ninjutsu now that he only has one arm? Or rather, does he still do ninjutsu techniques given he has the Rinnegan, Sharingan and all their related techniques?
he does it with one hand like Haku did

but he is a professional now in control so even his fireball jutsu is just one seal instead of like 5 or 6

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
He does them one handed.

he does it with one hand like Haku did

but he is a professional now in control so even his fireball jutsu is just one seal instead of like 5 or 6

Haku did his jutsu one handed? It really has been a long time since I watched Part 1.

But thanks to both of you. I just assumed that Sasuke not getting his hand back, was a way for the writers to nerf him ala Orochimaru in Part 1. But since he can still perform ninjutsu I guess my theory is busted.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just assumed that Sasuke not getting his hand back, was a way for the writers to nerf him ala Orochimaru in Part 1.
Nope, rather it serves to make him cooler lol, adding flowy cloth for when he runs or when it's windy and also making so he can just make a Susanoo replacement arm whenever he needs to.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
people say susanno arm but he has the 6 rinnegan paths and one of them is mecha robotics lol
he can literally change his armless part into this if he wants to
Nagato%27s_Asura_Path_ability.png

and people claim that Boruto was the one to stat the tech craze lol

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sure...but is it cooler than this?
latest

I thought so lol

(also that's a watermarked image)
never saw the watermark... thanks for letting me know lol dodged a bullet there XD

as for that PS arm it looks nice but beyond Storm games we never saw a Susanoo be as compact or small like that

Yeah, I'm not doubting that

Was always bothered that after he got his Rinnegan he mostly only used his teleport ability and the gravity path
yeah but is all on Sasuke if he thinks he wants it or not

maybe he just likes the armless bit to remind him of his final battle

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Isn't the arm his penance? Getting a new one would be super easy but he doesn't want it.

IIRC, in the manga Sakura tells him Tsunade has finished making his replacement arm but Sasuke refuses to take it.

One, final, final question for everyone.

Why were Sasuke and Naruto left to their own devices growing up? Given Konoha's society, it stands to reason that there would be a lot of orphans running around. Why were those two living on their own instead of in an orphanage?

Hell, given that Naruto's parents died when he was born, and babies cannot care for themselves, someone had to be looking after him. Why was he roaming the streets hungry at six years old?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why were Sasuke and Naruto left to their own devices growing up? Given Konoha's society, it stands to reason that there would be a lot of orphans running around. Why were those two living on their own instead of in an orphanage?

They'd have never allowed Naruto into an orphanage. Remember everyone basically hated Naruto because they thought he was the Kyuubi that attacked the village years prior and killed a lot of people, the Fourth included. They didn't even know he was the Fourth's son and Hiruzen wanted it kept that way.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
They'd have never allowed Naruto into an orphanage. Remember everyone basically hated Naruto because they thought he was the Kyuubi that attacked the village years prior and killed a lot of people, the Fourth included. They didn't even know he was the Fourth's son and Hiruzen wanted it kept that way.

So who took care of Naruto when he was a baby?

I thought Iruka just checked in on him from time to time once he enrolled in the academy but do we ever find out who took care of baby Naruto?

EDIT:

Didn't the villagers know that Kushina was the nine tails host?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Hell, given that Naruto's parents died when he was born, and babies cannot care for themselves, someone had to be looking after him. Why was he roaming the streets hungry at six years old?
The Third Hokage fucked up. Should've just adopted him.
I don't recall him going hungry though. I assumed he had someone put food and other necessities in his apartment while he was growing up. Though now I'm not even sure anymore. It'd be interesting to have more stuff that gives more info on how the stuff outside of education went down in his childhood, unless there are already episodes about that.

I don't know about that but Kushina being pregnant was public knowledge, as was presumably the fact that she was the Hokage's wife, which makes it weird that people didn't figure out Naruto's origins.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
The Third Hokage fucked up. Should've just adopted him.
I don't recall him going hungry though. I assumed he had someone put food and other necessities in his apartment while he was growing up. Though now I'm not even sure anymore. It'd be interesting to have more stuff that gives more info on how the stuff outside of education went down in his childhood, unless there are already episodes about that.

I don't know about that but Kushina being pregnant was public knowledge, as was presumably the fact that she was the Hokage's wife, which makes it weird that people didn't figure out Naruto's origins.

Its filler but it shows Naruto not being able to afford Ramen. From the manga at least I remember Naruto living like a bit of a slob and having expired milk in his apartment. I can't remember the full episode this filler is based on but it does show Hiruzen checking up on Naruto from time to time which is more than we got in the manga.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Its filler but it shows Naruto not being able to afford Ramen. From the manga at least I remember Naruto living like a bit of a slob and having expired milk in his apartment. I can't remember the full episode this filler is based on but it does show Hiruzen checking up on Naruto from time to time which is more than we got in the manga.

I remember this now. Think it was an episode during the war. I think the ramen thing doesn't necessarily show that he went hungry, just that he didn't have money for unessential stuff like eating at a restaurant. Cause besides the typical stomach growl, he seems healthy enough for his age and probably just had less enticing food at home.
It is interesting that he met Hiruzen here though. Probably means people left food and stuff at his home while he was sleeping or outdoors.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Because Hiruzen as much as he is praised by the leaf was a piece of trash

allowed Danzou to do his dirty work and supplied him with funding and free reign

just because he falsely stated the leaf was his "family" it was his family as long as his status quo was met and no one complained, if not you were dealt with

Kushina was known as a Princess she has wealth but Naruto got no inheritance from her until Konohamaru during the LAST stated that even a scarf from his Mom was kept away at Hiruzen's estate... Dude was so greedy he had to keep the scarf for himself too

gave Naruto a crappy home and feared for his life by Itachi so he gave Sasuke a decent apartment

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So who took care of Naruto when he was a baby?

I thought Iruka just checked in on him from time to time once he enrolled in the academy but do we ever find out who took care of baby Naruto?

EDIT:

You have to remember they don't live in a normal society and don't have the same values we do. As messed up as it is, children trained to kill each other from as early as six years old. It probably never even crossed their mind that Naruto needed looking after.

Either way, yeah everyone knew Kunshira was the previous host. It was kind of the Uzumaki tradition to contain the Kyuubi and everyone knew it. It doesn't do Naruto any favours though because jinchuriki are feared and hated by literally everyone. In other villages the jinchuriki were kept in cages with extensive seals placed on them so they couldn't do much of anything. Gaara wasn't an isolated case, he was the norm for how fucked up the treatment of jinchuriki were.

So the less educated people of Konoha thought Naruto was the Kyuubi and the more educated people saw him as something even worse.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently via the same Italian event Boruto is going to get a haircut because his hair is too hard to draw lol

Lmao.

Would've been interesting if Hiruzen just put Naruto and Sasuke in the same household and they grew up as actual brothers, JoJo-style.
do you read the Boruto manga?

lol talk about being on the nose

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Damn just when I started liking his hairstyle. Wonder if it'll be like Naruto's hair in The Last cause that's the only thing that comes to mind with that family if they say "short".
I wouldn't want him to have Naruto's haircut from the last
lol that would be a disaster I feel

who knows how far off we are before he gets haircut too

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Because Hiruzen as much as he is praised by the leaf was a piece of trash

allowed Danzou to do his dirty work and supplied him with funding and free reign

just because he falsely stated the leaf was his "family" it was his family as long as his status quo was met and no one complained, if not you were dealt with

Kushina was known as a Princess she has wealth but Naruto got no inheritance from her until Konohamaru during the LAST stated that even a scarf from his Mom was kept away at Hiruzen's estate... Dude was so greedy he had to keep the scarf for himself too

gave Naruto a crappy home and feared for his life by Itachi so he gave Sasuke a decent apartment

Hiruzen kept Naruto's stuff? Did he know about Danzo's dirty dealings?

You have to remember they don't live in a normal society and don't have the same values we do. As messed up as it is, children trained to kill each other from as early as six years old. It probably never even crossed their mind that Naruto needed looking after.

Either way, yeah everyone knew Kunshira was the previous host. It was kind of the Uzumaki tradition to contain the Kyuubi and everyone knew it. It doesn't do Naruto any favours though because jinchuriki are feared and hated by literally everyone. In other villages the jinchuriki were kept in cages with extensive seals placed on them so they couldn't do much of anything. Gaara wasn't an isolated case, he was the norm for how fucked up the treatment of jinchuriki were.

So the less educated people of Konoha thought Naruto was the Kyuubi and the more educated people saw him as something even worse.

This is true but at the same time I thought Konoha tried to be more humane, in comparison to the other villages. First to introduce the academy system etc etc. Logic behind not telling anyone Naruto was Minato's son was to protect him and the village. Yet every other village still knew he was the nine tails host.

The villagers hated Naruto by and large but if the Third Hokage took him in telling the villagers that Naruto must be watched and he was the only one powerful enough to do it. What would they have done?

It just seems reckless to have a walking nuclear bomb in your village and no one even bothers to care for his emotional or mental wellbeing, besides Iruka. Its just dumb luck that Naruto doesn't end up like Gaara.

I get Jaraiya was on a dangerous recon mission concerning Orichmaru and Akatsuki and Kakashi was very likely dealing with depression at the time, but the third has no excuse.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I don't know but Gaara being killed by a bunch of nobodies to make the point that said nobodies were actually dangerous vs being the dad of the strongest gennin of their generation makes me think that Gaara wasn't treated that bad in Boruto compared to what they did with him during Shippuden.

If you think Akatsuki are a bunch of nobodies then you're immediately wrong.

Gaara protecting his village as Kazekage (we don't even need to go in later Shippuden where he becomes a leader in the war and influences the other Kage's politically) is more significant to his character arc than being an irrelevant step dad to a genin thats hardly present in the manga or even anime.

Are you under the impression that if a character isn't important then they are treated poorly?

Maybe I was not clear. Characters not being given panel time is a detriment to their character, as characters only develop when given panel time.

Of course the next step would be to make sure the panel time is well used, but Boruto can't even meet the first step for the Naruto cast.

The show is called Boruto: Naruto Next Generation, I would expect the kids to have more screentime than the older cast.

Yes and I'm saying that was a mistake. A big mistake that they are now paying for.

Most of the characters in that list have gotten a decent to ample amount of screentime and character development.

Taking away Kishimoto's works how have Sakura, Shikamaru, Kakashi, Sasuke, heck even Naruto been developed?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Taking away Kishimoto's works how have Sakura, Shikamaru, Kakashi, Sasuke, heck even Naruto been developed?

You can't really just cut away what Kishimoto wrote so easily, but if you insist...

Naruto and Boruto's relationship has been a focal point since the beginning of the anime, Shikamaru's had a lot of onscreen time with his son and wife, Sakura and Sarada have had lots of mother-daughter chats over the course of the anime (the camping episode being a good one for this), Kakashi got a lot of focus in the graduation exams, and his relationship, advice, and lessons to Boruto were foreshadowing for future events.

I'll give you Sasuke, if only because so far he hasn't been around for anything that Kishimoto hasn't written. But the rest of them have all been there and had on screen interactions or subtle world building. Obviously not as much as the new cast (it's no longer the old gen's story anymore) but it's been there. Add in the novels and stuff not animated yet and there's even more.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all ever have these random moments where you realize that Naruto Chapter 700 has never been adapted to anime?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They adapted bits and pieces of it, though there was never any reason to do a straight adaption of it

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Why complain about characters that have already been fully developed not getting the screen time you want? If you want to see them developed again, go watch Naruto.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Naruto and Boruto's relationship has been a focal point since the beginning of the anime

Has anything changed from Boruto the movie where we Naruto recognise the error in his ways and Boruto apologising for being insensitive?

Shikamaru's had a lot of onscreen time with his son and wife

Okay is his character developing in any way or is he a static generic anime dad.

Sakura and Sarada have had lots of mother-daughter chats over the course of the anime

I highly doubt these develop either character further than what was previously established in Gaiden.

Kakashi got a lot of focus in the graduation exams, and his relationship, advice, and lessons to Boruto were foreshadowing for future events.

Yet Kakashi as a character is doing nothing in the manga.

The key to character development is giving them an actual goal, rather than just existing. Important tasks, relationships, ambitions, jobs etc
To give an example of how it was done in early Naruto Part 2, since its unanimous that Part 1 was fantastic:

Naruto had a clear goal of bringing Sasuke back. Sakura as well, including her goal of becoming a support to Naruto. Kakashi had the goal of taking care of what remained of Team 7. Tsunade had the goal of guarding Konoha and Naruto. Sasuke had the goal of planning his path to kill Itachi.

Each character had a clear goal and their progression was shown in arcs. It had effects on them physically and mentally.

What goals do the older cast have, besides generic parenting, that will have panel time or arcs dedicating to showing said goals?

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Yet Kakashi as a character is doing nothing in the manga.

Who cares? We already had his shit in the original series. I'd consider any chapter spending time on Kakashi himself would be wasting panels. Boruto readers want more Kawaki info, more stuff with the kids, and stuff like that.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boruto has a trash haircut anyway, so I'm glad they're changing it in the manga at least.

Ikemoto is a hack though, so there's that.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Apparently via the same Italian event Boruto is going to get a haircut because his hair is too hard to draw lol

do you read the Boruto manga?

lol talk about being on the nose

Doing their own thing and the Manga stuff coming some day? Fucking hell, sounds like they are planning the Anime to last another 15 years, with a tjme skip after the Kama stuff, but before we get there it will be 3 years of build up like the original Naruto. I wonder what will finish first, DBS, Boruto or One Piece?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good episode. Though it's a shame that even a Kage may seem disappointing now. It's gonna be hard to write this story in a way that makes it convincing that Kurotsuchi was taken captive by someone and yet that the problem was solved by a few Genin.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Good episode. Though it's a shame that even a Kage may seem disappointing now. It's gonna be hard to write this story in a way that makes it convincing that Kurotsuchi was taken captive by someone and yet that the problem was solved by a few Genin.
Nah, its going to be resolved with Naruto or something, no way is it going to be solved by Team 7 or the Ino-Shika-Cho. First off, its glaringly obvious who Lord Ku is.
Remember Onoki's Grandson? I previously speculated that it was Kawaki, but now I am sure that the Tsuchikage gave herself in because its her previously thought deceased son. Dude probably died to some Earth Sickness or whatever, and it gave him immortality and the power to create golems.

Oct 25, 2017
Doing their own thing and the Manga stuff coming some day? Fucking hell, sounds like they are planning the Anime to last another 15 years, with a tjme skip after the Kama stuff, but before we get there it will be 3 years of build up like the original Naruto. I wonder what will finish first, DBS, Boruto or One Piece?
id wager boruto would end once it fell off the tv tokyo profit list

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
the main thing I got from this episode is that Mitsuki is like

"Sarada Who?"

Where is that Chunnin exam pic where we saw through Mitsuki's eyes and Sarada is like blurred out or something lol

Edit: Found it
67n3trm1ga211.jpg

what makes it worse is that he went into detail about ChoCho too

got a good chuckle

Also Coconut hair is growing on me