• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Man, Naruto YouTubers always have bad takes, like how Itachi can beat Madara or something. Not a fan of them generally, but AfroSenju is pretty entertaining.

Damn did someone actually say Itachi could be Madara? I used to follow Sawyer7mage and KoL. SwagKage does go a bit extra with the lore. His points are valid though. All of them have dropped Boruto, to which I am not surprised. I see a similar story to many Naruto sites.

I'm hoping we get a new Naruto movie soon.

OP
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Keep forgetting this airs on Sundays now. Only two anime air on primetime in Japan now.
Times have changed

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I binged this stuff over like 10 days to join my brethren here.
uEypmlcl.jpg
Yeah, I know you're just trying to rile me up, but I think you're gonna regret it. Hinata's not my favorite character for nothing. :D

Anyhow...

Naruto and Sakura have no romantic attraction to each other in the slightest. This is something they acknowledged even in series. On Naruto's side, his crush on Sakura is only fueled by two very shallow elements. The first being that he thought Sakura was pretty, and the second being that he felt he could beat Sasuke if he won Sakura's affection. The second element itself only came about due to Naruto's complete misunderstanding of romantic love and why someone would fall in love in the first place. On Sakura's side, even at the best of times she never demonstrated anything resembling genuine romantic affection towards Naruto. This was most evident in Chapter 469, in which even someone like Naruto, who has difficulty telling the four types of loves apart, could recognize that Sakura wasn't being sincere. He had been around Sasuke and Sakura enough to know what real love, what real romantic attraction on Sakura's part looked like, and what Sakura was showing him then clearly wasn't it.

To put simply; they may have been close friends, and loved each other in the way friends do, but their relationship never turned romantic. It was at best that of a brother-sister type relationship. Despite all of the red herrings around a potential Naruto and Sakura relationship, neither of them really showed the foundation needed for sparks to actually fly.

Naruto and Hinata's relationship is much stronger, with a much more solid foundation. Hinata's admiration of Naruto came about because she found someone going through problems just as bad (if not worse) than her own, yet that someone was able to persevere, endure, and even become a much better person for it. To her, Naruto was someone who could show her how to better handle her own problems. She didn't prescribe to the prejudices that the village had, due to her being naturally empathic of a person to begin with. This came out in full at the Chunin Exams, during her fight with Neji. Even though the two of them weren't close at the time, the fact that the person she admired so much cheered her on gave her the resolve to change herself. Kurenai acknowledges as such when she mentions in her narration that she's never seen Hinata have eyes full of determination like that before. This is also personally what resonated with me a lot; it's very powerful to have someone you admire support you during your hardest moments.

As stated above, Naruto himself doesn't really get romantic love. He understands it on a superficial level, but doesn't really connect the dots. More than that, he's a kinesthetic learner; he primarily learns by doing. Prior to this point he wasn't really capable of understanding why Hinata acted the way she did around him, because he had no basis for it, and Hinata was too shy to act upon her admiration (THANKS HIASHI~!) All the girls liked guys like Sasuke, and demonstrated attraction like how Sakura does with Sasuke. That was basically all Naruto understood for a very long time. So for him, the Chunin Exams was the first time he really started to understand attraction on a level above merely being superficial. He couldn't really put it into words, but seeing Hinata show an incredible amount of determination in fighting Neji made him realize there was something about her that was really impressive. Hence his "I never knew Hinata was this incredible." line. The fact that his impression is backed up by both Lee and Sakura stating how similar him and Hinata are only helps solidify that impression. And because Naruto is a fairly straightforward kinda guy, once he started getting a better impression of her, his thought process changed from "She's a dark and aloof girl" to "She's a really nice person, and I like her."

Naruto and Hinata's one on one conversation at the Chunin Exams, right before his fight with Neji, is also very significant. Naruto doesn't really open himself up to other people. He puts on a mask of being cheerful and straightforward, and buries his issues so that he can push forward. This is explicitly mentioned a few times during the series, mainly at the Waterfafll of Truth scene. Thus, the scene where Naruto and Hinata talk is significant because it's the first time in the series where Naruto actually lets someone see that side of him. The side that he normally hides. Usually, someone has to pry it out of him, but because Hinata always demonstrated kindness to Naruto, and never any of the scorn that most people do, he was able to open up to her during this scene. You can tell, based upon his body language, that Naruto was NOT expecting a positive reaction back, yet he got one.

Hinata managed to resonate with him in a way others haven't, and this cemented his change in opinion of her. He may have no understood the romantic implications of it at the time, but none the less it stuck. Moreover, it was the foundation for Hinata's admiration to change to genuine love, and for Naruto to find someone who actually understands him in a way few others can manage.

Now, I aint gonna mince words: Kishimoto absolutely sucks writing romance. We all know it, and Naruto and Hinata's relationship is no exception to this. Bascially everything that was in The Last, character development wise, needed to happen post Pain arc in the series proper, and it's real shame that it didn't. But every interaction that Naruto and Hinata have after the Chunin Exams really reaffirms what was established during those exams. That Naruto, for Hinata, is someone who helps her change for the better, and that Hinata, for Naruto, is someone who helps him understand himself for the better. The war arc, for all of it's flaws, best demonstrates this. The two of them constantly end up reassuring the other, picking the other up when they're at a low point, and finding solace in each other. No one else in the series comes close to that for Naruto, and ESPECIALLY NOT Sakura. Heck, not even Iruka gets to be on that level. That's why the two of them are such a good couple, and why their romance works so well in The Last despite all the writing fumbles that happened before. It continues on even into Boruto as a series too; At the end of the day, Naruto's wife is the one person he trusts above all else. The one person he doesn't have to try and put on a mask for, and who he can express his fears and insecurities to.

Speaking of Boruto, he's a pretty interesting and complex character because of how much of a blend he is of Naruto and Hinata. This is perhaps most noticeable in the stuff written by Kishimoto and Kodachi. Appearance wise, he has Naruto's blonde hair and blue eyes, but almost all of his facial features are Hinata's. His expressions and mannerisms are equal parts Hinata and Naruto too. Personality wise, while he's rambunctious and energetic like Naruto, he lacks the straightforward nature that Naruto has. He doesn't openly express his emotions, and he's got a real introspective nature, like Hinata. He's also quick to give him, like how Hinata was when she was young (before Naruto inspired and changed her), and this is demonstrated best in the Nue arc. He has a great deal of hesitation in being tested over his Byakugan, a very Hinata-ish trait, but puts up an of confidence over it, just like Naruto. When it's all said and done, and he was unable to make the Byakugan manifest sparring with Hanabi, he starts demonstrating traits that are VERY similar to Hinata. He gives up very easily and puts himself down. While he does have Naruto's trait of bouncing back, it takes him much longer, and it takes outside events (In this case, Hanabi and then the incident with Kasemaga) to really get him going again.

Another good example of this with Boruto comes during their graduation exam to become Genin. Kakashi really berates and tears down Boruto on a psychological level, and it leaves a clear mark on Boruto. He doesn't bounce back easily from it like Naruto. Much like Hinata, he puts himself down, he blames himself, he gives up easily, etc It takes the other members of the class to convince him to get back up, to give it another shot. While most of the time he might resemble Naruto, it's during these moments that he really resembles his mother and actually takes on some of her most negative traits. And ultimately he's actually a pretty sweet, if horribly insecure, child underneath his rambunctious energetic nature. I'm very curious to see where they go with Boruto as a character because of this, especially in the manga.
Beautifully put.
Also I've been thinking of rewatching The Last lately because I've love that movie and thanks to this post, I think I'll make some time for it this weekend.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How damn that wall of text lulz

Anyway I haven't watched Boruto since the nue arc. Really lost interest :/ I should catchup on the Boruto manga but that artstyle still bothers me too much :\

I thought I'd be invested in boruto but I just can't, it made Naruto ( my favorite character such a asshole/ lame adult I kinda wish he ended up like Goku now lol atleast goke was still active in his prime )

Hokage Naruto look lame as fuck, why can't he look cool as the 4th

I really wish we got a series that takes places after the Last instead of Boruto. T-T

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Newcomers to the series some advice:

If you go into this series expecting it to be a direct sequel to Naruto then you are mistaken this is NOT a Naruto the character sequel but the Naruto the world sequel: The world moves on post the 4th ninja war and how it deals with a time of peace but also the thought of greater powers lurking out there beyond their realm.

If you think your fave from Naruto will get a ton of screen time then stop as well for this is a story of the new gen. The series unlike the start of Naruto also balances some new gen kids and develops them more, this is NOT an anime were most of the action is reserved for the previous gen, neither is most of the screen time.

Adding on to the point above the fights are great the animation is usually consistent unlike its predecessor but these are kids who will fight threats in their league, don't expect some end game villains appearing for every arc even though the main plot is about some major end game.

This show is not an Uchiha show, the milking has stopped and I think the only Uchiha focused bit is an arc called Gaiden that starts around the episode 20 mark but more so that arc is about family and old shadows then it is about the Uchiha in general. Don't come into this series betting on some old horse and whining later when the said milking of old does not occur for said faves.

Anyway don't come in listening to what youtubers or an ignorant mob mentality tells you, find out if you like a series for the series itself. Come in not expecting some things from Naruto. Go in with a clean slate and I imagine you will enjoy it like we have.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish we got a series that takes places after the Last instead of Boruto. T-T
I would've liked that too. Not instead of or more than the Boruto series we have now but I was interested in seeing Naruto as a Jonin with perhaps a Genin team of his own.
Now it kinda seems like Naruto didn't get a team of Genin since there isn't anyone that isn't from his generation that he has any special bond with besides Konohamaru (who is part of his generation in the actual sense of "generations", just not in his class). Hell it seems that way with all of Naruto's classmates and it feels like they just skipped that whole part of a ninja's career, which makes the world feel less believable.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Anyway I haven't watched Boruto since the nue arc. Really lost interest :/ I should catchup on the Boruto manga but that artstyle still bothers me too much :\

I thought I'd be invested in boruto but I just can't, it made Naruto ( my favorite character such a asshole/ lame adult I kinda wish he ended up like Goku now lol atleast goke was still active in his prime )

well the resolve the Naruto overly job obsessed personality as the series goes on to eventually him being back to himself

more so the manga right now even has him with panel time and I can't spoil but some relations you might seek

but yeah this series will never be a sequel for Naruto the character so you would have to watch and read this knowing that

even though right now in the manga it is quite interesting on where it is heading

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Eh whatever the show probably woulda been mostly mediorcre either way lol. I dont think time period would have mattered much here.

Actually if anything this would have been the better choice for me. The time period of Boruto helps it feel more refreshing to me, away from the slog of the last half of shippuden.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Full version of the ED is on YT:

And it's pretty good. Oddly enough, I can't find it on iTunes despite other stuff from the artist being on there. Hopefully just a matter of time.

Nov 17, 2017
I would've liked that too. Not instead of or more than the Boruto series we have now but I was interested in seeing Naruto as a Jonin with perhaps a Genin team of his own.
Now it kinda seems like Naruto didn't get a team of Genin since there isn't anyone that isn't from his generation that he has any special bond with besides Konohamaru (who is part of his generation in the actual sense of "generations", just not in his class). Hell it seems that way with all of Naruto's classmates and it feels like they just skipped that whole part of a ninja's career, which makes the world feel less believable.
It does seem weird that none of the characters became Jonin Leaders. That said, it's not like every Jonin gets assigned to lead a group of Genin.

I wonder who led characters like Mirai since she would be part of that in between generation since she's the only notable character born during the events of Naruto.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018

Me too.

It really is crazy how they decided to scrap a cast of characters that were far more developed and loved by fans, keen to see their adult phases, for a group of kids who aren't remotely as charming. Not only that but their stories are less captivating as well.

I was reading Narutoforums and came across this graph in one of the threads. I don't think Boruto as a series is going to last long at this rate.

Kishimoto is doing his own thing right now, but maybe he can do a Naruto movie continuation like Toriyama did.

DpJ9i_BU0AY1ryo.jpg:large

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
well the resolve the Naruto overly job obsessed personality as the series goes on to eventually him being back to himself

more so the manga right now even has him with panel time and I can't spoil but some relations you might seek

but yeah this series will never be a sequel for Naruto the character so you would have to watch and read this knowing that

even though right now in the manga it is quite interesting on where it is heading

Just finally caught up on the manga, ok I'm interested again lol still weird how manga Naruto and anime look so different ...and honestly I'm preferring manga bouto Naruto now .

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Eh whatever the show probably woulda been mostly mediorcre either way lol. I dont think time period would have mattered much here.

Actually if anything this would have been the better choice for me. The time period of Boruto helps it feel more refreshing to me, away from the slog of the last half of shippuden.
Indeed plus we would know the conclusion with chapter 700

No threat would actually exist for his squad kids since he is around

Any actual threat would still be O clan related

If anything similar to what is happening in the manga then it would be too soon seeing as we just came back from a war

No power growth for Naruto

He would already be at peak character too and him still claiming on wanting to be the Hokage and that is his dream would feel dragged and redundant

The only twist would be if his students got killed which would just be a stain as him as a squad captain

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Naruto/Sasuke should have been Minato-level tops for the entire war with Sage Mode/EMS until the final boss fight, where Naruto could finally unlock Kurama's power and go all out. Naruto should have been relying mostly on a mastered version of Sage Mode instead of Jinchūriki bullshit. Final boss should be Obito or Kabuto.

Madara should have been a movie villain. Excise the Ootsutsukis entirely.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I used to follow this until the early 30s I think. Between the land of waves arc and the byakuya gang, it just felt too much like contrived filler. I'm not a slice of life kind of person, but the day-to-day stuff was decently done.

But now all this talk about some of the later episodes makes me want to start again. Does the overall quality get better than the two arcs I mentioned or is it about the same?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I used to follow this until the early 30s I think. Between the land of waves arc and the byakuya gang, it just felt too much like contrived filler. I'm not a slice of life kind of person, but the day-to-day stuff was decently done.

But now all this talk about some of the later episodes makes me want to start again. Does the overall quality get better than the two arcs I mentioned or is it about the same?

Whatever stretch of episodes covers the Boruto movie is really good, with one of, if not the best fight of the year.

Outside of that, not particularly, though I'm a few episodes behind myself atm.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Naruto/Sasuke should have been Minato-level tops for the entire war with Sage Mode/EMS until the final boss fight, where Naruto could finally unlock Kurama's power and go all out. Naruto should have been relying mostly on a mastered version of Sage Mode instead of Jinchūriki bullshit. Final boss should be Obito or Kabuto.

Madara should have been a movie villain. Excise the Ootsutsukis entirely.
I can't helped thinking that Ootsutsuki clan appearance at the end of Naruto is created to extend Naruto series into Boruto. seems like they'll be like the Saiyans from Dragon Ball and the story will move beyond earth to Planet Namek/other dimension

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I can't helped thinking that Ootsutsuki clan appearance at the end of Naruto is created to extend Naruto series into Boruto. seems like they'll be like the Saiyans from Dragon Ball and the story will move beyond earth to Planet Namek/other dimension

The Ootsutsuki clan were ended by Kishimoto's Boruto the movie. Ikemoto and team retconned the ending to make them still exist.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Where was this actually stated in the movie?

The scroll detailed the the remaining threats, which was the idea behind Sasuke's mission. With Kinshiki and Momoshiki dead, the threats were over and Sasuke returns.

Kishimoto's conclusion is clear. Ikemoto and team retconned that story but having Momoshiki live. Thats a pretty crazy retcon and already shows Boruto's continuity or canon problems.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The scroll detailed the the remaining threats, which was the idea behind Sasuke's mission. With Kinshiki and Momoshiki dead, the threats were over and Sasuke returns.

Kishimoto's conclusion is clear. Ikemoto and team retconned that story but having Momoshiki live. Thats a pretty crazy retcon and already shows Boruto's continuity or canon problems.

I think you're making a leap in logic to justify a conclusion that's not actually supported by the movie anywhere. It doesn't explicitly state that the Ōtsutsuki clan were ended when Momoshiki and Kinshiki died. Just merely that Kaguya was amassing an army of White Zetsu to counter a threat that would come to steal the chakra fruit from her.

Rather noticeably, in the movie, Momoshiki and Kinshiki introduce themselves. Sasuke does not explicitly mention names from the scroll. It's in the manga version where he explicitly names them.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I think you're making a leap in logic to justify a conclusion that's not actually supported by the movie anywhere. It doesn't explicitly state that the Ōtsutsuki clan were ended when Momoshiki and Kinshiki died. Just merely that Kaguya was amassing an army of White Zetsu to counter a threat that would come to steal the chakra fruit from her.

Rather noticeably, in the movie, Momoshiki and Kinshiki introduce themselves. Sasuke does not explicitly mention names from the scroll. It's in the manga version where he explicitly names them.

Kaguya's mentioned threat are the remaining Ōtsutsuki, who else is going to steal her fruit from her? The fact that Sasuke's mission is over after the defeat of Momoshiki and Kinshiki is further testament to that. There's an obvious finality to Kishimoto's conclusion that is retconned and ruined with Boruto.

Arguably Boruto extends the worst Naruto plotline.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya's mentioned threat are the remaining Ōtsutsuki, who else is going to steal her fruit from her? The fact that Sasuke's mission is over after the defeat of Momoshiki and Kinshiki is further testament to that. There's an obvious finality to Kishimoto's conclusion that is retconned and ruined with Boruto.

Arguably Boruto extends the worst Naruto plotline.

This is where you're making the leap in logic. Nowhere is it explicitly stated that they are the remaining Ōtsutsuki. It's not even implied. No other Ōtsutsuki mentioned does not equal no Ōtsutsuki remaining.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Video from YonkoProuctions, discussing his thoughts on the Boruto manga and its plot developments. I don't read the manga so I don't really care or have an opinion on the stuff from it yet but some people here read it so I figured I'd post it.

He was tired of letting Boruto eat...

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with his remarks regarding the manga rehashing the movie and the Koji Kashin character(if they do go that route). As for the rest, it is either I don't agree with it or I personally don't have a problem with it and I never really saw any of it as an insult to the series or characters. I also find his comments about AO odd, since I doubt anyone really had a connection with that character.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The manga is fine even good

Art style beyond Sarada is good or improved dramatically too lol (even fight scenes), I doubt Yonko even reads it beyond skimming or hearing people talk about the recent arcs (he even stated on twitter that he dropped it during the Momo arc). since all his points are literally about the movie recap for Naruto even though that Naruto isn't even Kodachi's fault seeing as that interpretation of Naruto as an Adult was created by Kishi and Kishi alone. The Kodachi version of Naruto though post that arc is actually good...

especially with the recent Kawaki stuff and how Naruto is is involved/bonding with him

The rest have only weight if the KashinKoji point if it is handled poorly, and the AO bit is silly since he was never some major established character to begin with.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
He also says the series is going nowhere where it won't effect the ninja world but we literally have the series going somewhere with Kara lol

He also ignores that Boruto actually changes as a character too but his skimming has barely any fact checks so it is not surprising.

If anything the problem that needs to be addressed for both anime and manga isn't content, it is pacing.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I hope he is specifically talking about the manga, as the anime, as was mentioned way back it is a top 5 property for tv tokyo...
well this is their recent report for TV Tokyo (anime)
Screenshot_2018-11-01-15-52-05.png

sales
① "NARUTO"
② "BORUTO"
③ "Yu-Gi-Oh!"
④ "Black Clover"
⑤ "BLEACH"

gross profits
① "NARUTO"
② "BORUTO"
③ "Pokemon"
④ "Black Clover"
⑤ "Yu-Gi-Oh!"

Got this from NF

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think the slow peace and happy stuff we have with the anime will make the future dark stuff even more significant as we descend into a collapsing era

reversal of Naruto where it was already bad then climax then became peace

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

sales
① "NARUTO"
② "BORUTO"
③ "Yu-Gi-Oh!"
④ "Black Clover"
⑤ "BLEACH"

gross profits
① "NARUTO"
② "BORUTO"
③ "Pokemon"
④ "Black Clover"
⑤ "Yu-Gi-Oh!"

Got this from NF
I love how I cant read japanese but the Yugioj Kanji is somehow burned into my mind. Damn tcg is at fault.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKsXnHtiXrU

Boruto is the DB GT of Naruto. Its embarrassing how badly done the series is compared to the original.
How about no. Boruto is nowhere near as nonsensical a continuation, and its animation is far ahead of it as well for their respective eras.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

sales
① "NARUTO"
② "BORUTO"
③ "Yu-Gi-Oh!"
④ "Black Clover"
⑤ "BLEACH"

gross profits
① "NARUTO"
② "BORUTO"
③ "Pokemon"
④ "Black Clover"
⑤ "Yu-Gi-Oh!"

Got this from NF
Crazy that Naruto is still making the most money for them despite not airing anymore. Even crazier that Boruto makes more than Pokemon.
Seeing that Black Clover seems to be doing well for them makes me happy too. Hopefully that'll eventually lead to a smoother, more consistently good-looking production.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Well after taking month long breaks in between the Nue episodes and whatever happened right after that (can't remember) I finally got to the good stuff, I think it was around episodes 18 to 20. Anyway the show has some good moments that remind me of Part 1 and I actually hope they don't do a time skip anytime soon, so long as it stays as good as it is during the Sarada/Sasuke and Chunin Exam arcs for most of it. Honestly, the best parts of the show are anything that have to do with Sarada and Boruto, and every interaction he has with Sasuke is always great. It's sad to see how Sasuke has grown into such a great character, and how bad Naruto seems in comparison. No other Hokage was ever depicted as sitting half asleep behind a stack of papers day in and day out. Even Tsunade went out and did stuff. I haven't watched passed the movie arc yet so hopefully that gets better, and hopefully Boruto stops hating his dad all the time.

Right now I'm split between not wanting to skip episodes and not wanting to watch that Chou Chou arc. Are they worth watching? Are they at all canon?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Well after taking month long breaks in between the Nue episodes and whatever happened right after that (can't remember) I finally got to the good stuff, I think it was around episodes 18 to 20. Anyway the show has some good moments that remind me of Part 1 and I actually hope they don't do a time skip anytime soon, so long as it stays as good as it is during the Sarada/Sasuke and Chunin Exam arcs for most of it. Honestly, the best parts of the show are anything that have to do with Sarada and Boruto, and every interaction he has with Sasuke is always great. It's sad to see how Sasuke has grown into such a great character, and how bad Naruto seems in comparison. No other Hokage was ever depicted as sitting half asleep behind a stack of papers day in and day out. Even Tsunade went out and did stuff. I haven't watched passed the movie arc yet so hopefully that gets better, and hopefully Boruto stops hating his dad all the time.

Right now I'm split between not wanting to skip episodes and not wanting to watch that Chou Chou arc. Are they worth watching? Are they at all canon?
they are all canon but the Cho Cho arc is the worst thing the show as so far offered

just watch idk maybe the first episode to get a sense of a power she has then go to the Metal Lee stuff which is actually good

you won't really miss anything

If you can you should read/catch up with the manga for the Naruto Hokage qualms

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
If you can you should read/catch up with the manga for the Naruto Hokage qualms
I'm not really into reading manga, I did it a while back with AoT when season 2 was taking forever to even get a release date and really regretted it when it finally aired. I also don't like the art style, I'm okay with waiting for the show and watching other stuff in the meantime.

I'll do what you recommended with the episodes though, thanks.