• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good episode. I really liked Aoda showing up.

THAT OPENING IS AWESOME, HOLY CRAP. Where was this for the Chunin Exams arc?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not hot on the OP. It's better than the last one and the quick action scene is really good but the rest, while visually impressive on a technical level, is just hanging on boring shots of characters gazing in one direction. They're just not doing much in this OP. And no matter how much lens flare they add, that shot of the adults just posing in the forest is just bad.

I miss the first two OPs.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not hot on the OP. It's better than the last one and the quick action scene is really good but the rest, while visually impressive on a technical level, is just hanging on boring shots of characters gazing in one direction. They're just not doing much in this OP. And no matter how much lens flare they add, that shot of the adults just posing in the forest is just bad.

I miss the first two OPs.
I agree they should've had the adults somewhat moving

maybe smiling and laughing

the rest of the OP had motion

man even the ice had reflections and how it got lighted by Sarada's fire was nice too

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The shot of the adults is kinda bad, yeah.

I don't get your complaints regarding the rest of the opening tho. It's a very character-acting driven opening, with a ton of detail in it's animations and fluidity.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The shot of the adults is kinda bad, yeah.

I don't get your complaints regarding the rest of the opening tho. It's a very character-acting driven opening, with a ton of detail in it's animations and fluidity.

I don't really find the family shots bad, just they're not doing anything at all for me in either direction. But yeah it is visually impressive. It's just the shot of the adults that I dislike.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
New OP and ED are good. Episode was solid as well which is surprising since I thought it would be bad with this mini arc inside an arc but they kept enough stuff about the main story to keep it interesting.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
guessing OP 5 will be back to low quality art and animation again and OP 6 would be back to better art and animation lol

OP 2 and this OP4 share the same sunset colour pallet

We'll have our day brother.
true brother
DoxLoFkXsAMDFfj.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
omg help, Brian the Sun knocked it out of the park again, why are they such a musical mastermind with everything, so talented. And the battling of the crystal beast, please be an actual arc boss/midboss. Need that epic Shikadai.

I hope it was Naruto nii chan who taught Konohamaru the frog summoning jutsu. I just want so much more of their relationship to be show. So much compelling backstory potential there.

Aw Yurito is still getting speaking lines and roles, and I love how his VA has him speak so happily. BUt omg, why they have to make him evil :(

The companies that did the ED really deserve tons of praise, all those effects and everything was pretty awesome.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
the person (Jounin ) that looked evil in today's episode is the comrade of Shikamaru from Shikamaru Shinden (around post the last)

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
Animator Norio Matsumoto is back? When was the last episode he worked on Naruto? Im looking forward his work on Boruto in the future. I really like how he draw like Naruto vs Sasuke and four tails vs pain I think those episode he worked on.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also I just realized that even Studio Pierrot can't resist showing the Uzumaki Family being as pure and adorable as possible.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finally an opening with a good song and visuals that are both well animated and directed. Crazy how lazy the last one felt compared to this.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lol old Team 7 isn't that hard to beat though

Well, there's that too. But I just like the fact that the anime, at least, portrays them as a real team. They have a companionship and camaraderie that was lacking at times in the old Team 7. Plus they have none of the unhealthy rivalry that plagued the old Team 7 either. Which is kinda amusing when you consider that Sarada was hyped up in the Boruto movie trailers as Boruto's rival.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not gonna hate on the fact that og team 7 had some grit, it just wasn't developed in a wholly satisfying way

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna hate on the fact that og team 7 had some grit, it just wasn't developed in a wholly satisfying way

Yeah, I'm fine with the OG Team 7 having that rivalry, but I feel like Kishimoto rushing to the Chunin Exams resulted in some uneven development. I think Kishimoto realized this going into part 2 too, as there was an active attempt to strengthen the bond between Naruto and Sakura as teammates. But Sasuke always felt like the odd one out, and his attempts at solving that didn't always work. Such as using flashbacks to fill in previously unseen/un-implied details about Naruto and Sasuke's relationship at the Academy.

In contrast, we got to see Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki's development over the Academy years, and it really paved the way for the story proper. We know a great deal about their characters, and how they came to trust each other so well. It's also just refreshing to see them not repeat the same dynamic as the old team.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
It's all a misdirection bro don't worry about it

thinking emoji

Yeah, I'm fine with the OG Team 7 having that rivalry, but I feel like Kishimoto rushing to the Chunin Exams resulted in some uneven development. I think Kishimoto realized this going into part 2 too, as there was an active attempt to strengthen the bond between Naruto and Sakura as teammates. But Sasuke always felt like the odd one out, and his attempts at solving that didn't always work. Such as using flashbacks to fill in previously unseen/un-implied details about Naruto and Sasuke's relationship at the Academy.

In contrast, we got to see Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki's development over the Academy years, and it really paved the way for the story proper. We know a great deal about their characters, and how they came to trust each other so well. It's also just refreshing to see them not repeat the same dynamic as the old team.

well there it is

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
New Team 7 wins by default because they are written after the authors many years of experience learning how to make balanced team relationships. I mean Old Team 7 is the progentior and all 3 members are totally awesome, but the NT7 is loveable from the start and by the time we get them at the point where we got to with OT7, that love will be even greater. Its not fair comparing them.

Anyway, cool episode. Aoda coming to their aid was a neat plot twist, and I like how they are drawing from the Hiden Novels. If we get Shiden content soon, I would just be over the moon, I hate looking around for supplementary content that may or not be canon. That OP was amazing too, I hope the whole Ice thing along with the Ice Monster is a part of the upcoming arcs.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Even though I agree this team 7 is better, they haven't been unitilized in an arc nearly as good as og team 7 has yet.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I agree this team 7 is better, they haven't been unitilized in an arc nearly as good as og team 7 has yet.

I think we'll see this soon. Chapter wise wise we're on like the equivalent of the Chunin Exams preliminaries now (assuming 1 monthly chapter = 2 or 3 weekly chapters) so it's not like we're TOO far in.

The current arc feels like the calm before the storm anyhow.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
by the way Boruto volume 6 came out in japan and the cover has a particular character on it

the colouring adds fuels to the fire since the mark under his eye is SURPRISE! Red
Do8waZTW4AA1AnW.jpg

lol they really want to do it don't they

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn remember when Boruto came out on Wednesdays? Kinda funny we had two timeslot changes within 12 months. (Maybe even both in 2018? I'm not quite sure)

Anyway, what's your favorite OG Naruto Opening/Ending?
I love a lot of the EDs but my favorite might be ED12 Parade.

Impossible for me to not get in a good mood when I listen to this. Really fun.

My favorite OP is Fighting Dreamers but whatever of course it is so I'll post this one which I love a lot too:

On a visual level I actually think I like this more than Fighting Dreamers. Even the beginning action parts manage to be exciting despite not even seeing what they're reacting to. Also as a kid I remember trying to replicate Lee/Guy's movements every time this came on

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Damn remember when Boruto came out on Wednesdays? Kinda funny we had two timeslot changes within 12 months. (Maybe even both in 2018? I'm not quite sure)

Anyway, what's your favorite OG Naruto Opening/Ending?
I love a lot of the EDs but my favorite might be ED12 Parade.

Impossible for me to not get in a good mood when I listen to this. Really fun.

My favorite OP is Fighting Dreamers but whatever of course it is so I'll post this one which I love a lot too:

On a visual level I actually think I like this more than Fighting Dreamers. Even the beginning action parts manage to be exciting despite not even seeing what they're reacting to. Also as a kid I remember trying to replicate Lee/Guy's movements every time this came on
My fave ed is the same as yours.

Fave op is #9.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
by the way Boruto volume 6 came out in japan and the cover has a particular character on it

the colouring adds fuels to the fire since the mark under his eye is SURPRISE! Red
Do8waZTW4AA1AnW.jpg

lol they really want to do it don't they
they're gonna piss a lottttt of people off if they fuck this up lol

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ending 1 and Opening 3 and 8 are my favorites.

"GO!!!" might be iconic, but I like FLOW's other opening too. Shame it's pretty much used for filler.

Oct 27, 2017
YO JUST FUCK YURITO I GUESS DAMN OUTTA NOWHERE

Boruto taking that snake into a summoning contract just furthering the Sasuke connections but I wonder how long it'll last

Also more foreshadowing from the sage lady about Boruto's fucked destiny

Good episode looks like this arc might turn out to be more important than I thought in the long run