• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
How even is the show passed the movie events? I'm hoping Sarada gets truly broken in the proper Uchiha way at some point.
Even as in how balanced between the characters or how is it? Cause to the first its kinda going through some motions focusing on other characters till we get back to mitsuki, as for the actually quality its pretty damn good. But yeah, for now Sarada is still there in a supporting role.

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's why its so brilliant.
Kishi:So here's Naruto's son. He tries to cheat his way through his Genin Exams and fails miserably
Anime Team: Uh anything else?
Kishi: Nope lol just run with it kthnxbye.

And suddenly you have 60 episodes with a well well established prorag whose only real character showing was instead made into a turning point and moral event horizon, in which every amd any future character development is hinged upon it. Again, it was highly successful for me, and its the main reason I will be sticking to this show to the end. When you can manage that much, the rest along the way will at least stay tolerable.

Yeah I think SP/Kodachi/etc has done a great job. Their "filler" still kinda sucks sometimes but they've definitely made some interesting plot lines and seem to be expanding the universe in a good way.

Naruto left so many underdeveloped locales, settings, and characters that it'd be a shame if they didn't dive deeper. Im not disappointed so far. The manga also is awesome right now.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Well that sucks. I want her to bust out a Susanoo at some point.
The manga has just gotten to
Boruto meeting Kawaki
, so it's focusing on that for now. It's hard to say how much of an involvement she will have in the overarching plot right now, because the manga only updates monthly.

But seeing how Boruto is the one with the marking on his hand and stuff I'm not expecting the narrative to shift to her anytime soon like it did with Sasuke :(

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The world building so far has indeed been good. But I am still cackling like a madman with last weeks episodes, as good as they were.
Ruchi Cave, the legendary snake sage territory is a giant Shonen Trope Dump. Here's three trials to gain access! The first is a Japanese Food Palace in the middle of a thick fog. The second is a puzzle door with a difficult puzzle the hero solves by accident. The 3rd is a giant snake raid boss which is impossible to kill and oh no our heroes are being sent to their death! Its sooo generic, but the audacity and absurdity of it all makes it worth it. Oh oh, and the Snake people are all female, complete with a Loli a tsundere and a yandere. My brain short circuited from the trope overload.

Oct 25, 2017
The manga has just gotten to
Boruto meeting Kawaki
, so it's focusing on that for now. It's hard to say how much of an involvement she will have in the overarching plot right now, because the manga only updates monthly.

But seeing how Boruto is the one with the marking on his hand and stuff I'm not expecting the narrative to shift to her anytime soon like it did with Sasuke :(
I'm not even reading the manga currently which means I probably won't even see Kawaki till mid 2019 I bet.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly speaking how far can Sarada go?
Boruto might take her dojutsu limelight away, especially since all of her eye stuff is "been there done that"
Which is shocking since the Uchiha was milked dry in Naruto, all 700 chapters of it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Boruto might take her dojutsu limelight away, especially since all of her eye stuff is "been there done that"
Which is shocking since the Uchiha was milked dry in Naruto, all 700 chapters of it.
I want her to be as busted as her dad is, I won't be satisfied any other way. Pink Susanoo with a giant back bow with a Naginata weapon or bust.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of why I'm worried for her lol

Boruto's got a dojutsu and the magic karma seal thing, plus the whole Otsutsuki connection, plus Sasuke is his master... it just feels like there's nothing for her narrative-wise.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Boruto straight up feels like the kind of fan MC I would invent when I was 11. Dude's got it all at this point.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I want her to be as busted as her dad is, I won't be satisfied any other way. Pink Susanoo with a giant back bow with a Naginata weapon or bust.
she needs all she can get really, Mitsuki is who knows what knowing Orochi. Some haxs are likely bound to his DNA

I don't want to talk about the O clan threat stuff because we saw what O clan members do to PS with Gentle Fist
5361022-eighty_gods_vacuum_palm.png

That's kind of why I'm worried for her lol

Boruto's got a dojutsu and the magic karma seal thing, plus the whole Otsutsuki connection, plus Sasuke is his master... it just feels like there's nothing for her narrative-wise.
plus Boruto apparently has lightning as his main element (as stated by Sasuke)

and I feel even if Sarada also had lightning as her main element it won't compete to lightning eye boy over here
6B6C31F9456315A822F58422085D645D31BD7229

Boruto straight up feels like the kind of fan MC I would invent when I was 11. Dude's got it all at this point.
it is funny that he would've literally had NONE of this if NaruSaku actually became canon

Oct 25, 2017
she needs all she can get really, Mitsuki is who knows what knowing Orochi. Some haxs are likely bound to his DNA

I don't want to talk about the O clan threat stuff because we saw what O clan members do to PS with Gentle Fist
5361022-eighty_gods_vacuum_palm.png

plus Boruto apparently has lightning as his main element (as stated by Sasuke)

and I feel even if Sarada also had lightning as her main element it won't compete to lightning eye boy over here
6B6C31F9456315A822F58422085D645D31BD7229
There are probably so many dead kids in Mitsuki's DNA that he's bound to be broke as fuck, not to mention that he has a fucking sage mode already that the show doesn't allow him to ever use. Some dude from the Ohtsuki Clan lasered a moon in half, they're DBZ characters. I also thought Sasuke said Boruto couldn't do what Sasuke could do with lightning because he didn't have a Sharingan unless Boruto's eye thing is even more broken than the Sharingan. Can Sarada just raid Orochimaru's Sharingan Eye Discount Store and find a Rinnegan?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
There are probably so many dead kids in Mitsuki's DNA that he's bound to be broke as fuck, not to mention that he has a fucking sage mode already that the show doesn't allow him to ever use. Some dude from the Ohtsuki Clan lasered a moon in half, they're DBZ characters. I also thought Sasuke said Boruto couldn't do what Sasuke could do with lightning because he didn't have a Sharingan unless Boruto's eye thing is even more broken than the Sharingan. Can Sarada just raid Orochimaru's Sharingan Eye Discount Store and find a Rinnegan?
lol at the last part

but yeah Sasuke said Boruto can't do chidori because he lacks a sharringan (due to tunnel vision) but this was before Sasuke even knew Boruto had a dojutsu

the byakugan can get rid of tunnel vision as well so that point is mute but we already saw that Boruto's eye can read moves as he countered Momoshiki with it, something the Kages failed to do

Sarada using rinnegan would be great but she needs Senju/Hashi DNA to wield it. Tobi/Obito even said that Nagato was only able to use it because of his Uzumaki DNA being a cousin of the Senju Clan

Anyway it is pretty messed up that I have to think modifications for Sarada in order for her to not be sidelined later on.

Oct 25, 2017
lol at the last part

but yeah Sasuke said Boruto can't do chidori because he lacks a sharringan (due to tunnel vision) but this was before Sasuke even knew Boruto had a dojutsu

the byakugan can get rid of tunnel vision as well so that point is mute but we already saw that Boruto's eye can read moves as he countered Momoshiki with it, something the Kages failed to do

Sarada using rinnegan would be great but she needs Senju/Hashi DNA to wield it. Tobi/Obito even said that Nagato was only able to use it because of his Uzumaki DNA being a cousin of the Senju Clan
I mean it's not impossible to get Senju DNA. Naruto has a fake arm made from that shit, shit even Orochimaru made a jobber out of Senju cells. Sounds like Sarada is going to have to do what her dad did and go to Orochimaru to get upgraded to stay even with hax ass Boruto.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So that's why he could use it? I figured it was because they belonged to Madara who had already awakened them. Because Uzumaki are tied to Senju because of the First Hokage marrying an Uzumaki woman but I thought every other Uzumaki in the series wasn't a descendant of that union, since Kushina/Nagato/Karin are from outside Konoha.
Or was the Uzumaki clan tied to Senju even prior to that marriage?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not impossible to get Senju DNA. Naruto has a fake arm made from that shit, shit even Orochimaru made a jobber out of Senju cells. Sounds like Sarada is going to have to do what her dad did and go to Orochimaru to get upgraded to stay even with hax ass Boruto.
lol not going to lie, even though it happened before that is quite messed up that Sarada will have to willingly get modified

unless they showcase some new move that helps her like Slug Sage mode or something

Boruto on the other hand should be extremely happy that he doesn't need to get experimented on

So that's why he could use it? I figured it was because they belonged to Madara who had already awakened them. Because Uzumaki are tied to Senju because of the First Hokage marrying an Uzumaki woman but I thought every other Uzumaki in the series wasn't a descendant of that union, since Kushina/Nagato/Karin are from outside Konoha.
Or was the Uzumaki clan tied to Senju even prior to that marriage?
before that marriage the Uzumaki clan was a cousin clan to the Senju
aPiBkIC.png

they both came from Ashura and you need both Indra/Ashura for Rinnegan which is basically Hagoromo
6u1RYn7.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
lol not going to lie, even though it happened before that is quite messed up that Sarada will have to willingly get modified

unless they showcase some new move that helps her like Slug Sage mode or something

Boruto on the other hand should be extremely happy that he doesn't need to get experimented on
Sarada is Sasuke's daughter (whom I think Orochimaru still adores) and one of Mitsuki's friends I think Orochimaru would be a little nicer to her, not to mention the dude is currently in a fucking females body so I doubt he'd be that cruel to her.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sarada is Sasuke's daughter (whom I think Orochimaru still adores) and one of Mitsuki's friends I think Orochimaru would be a little nicer to her, not to mention the dude is currently in a fucking females body so I doubt he'd be that cruel to her.
not talking about Orochi per say but the fact that Senju DNA is a gamble

Obito and Yamato are a rare case of literally 100000s of dead corpses\

of course she is Sasuke's daughter so likely it would succeed

Oct 25, 2017

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Way too early to say either way. Sarada has already had a lot of screen time and her own fights.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Sarada can get a rinnegan from Sasuke if Sasuke dies but this begs the question

is that main family above Sasuke and Naruto?

you would assume yes since Kaguya feared them so much
Way too early to say either way. Sarada has already had a lot of screen time and her own fights.
yes and likely more in the future

lol I went too far with End Game stuff

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Sarada can get a rinnegan from Sasuke if Sasuke dies but this begs the question

is that main family above Sasuke and Naruto?

you would assume yes since Kaguya feared them so much
This family must be broken, I don't want Sasuke to die or Naruto for that matter though. I also don't see Sarada or Naruto matching their parents without a massive time skip.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confident Sarada will be relevant up until Kawaki flash forward at least

After that her conflict of female vs Uchiha genes will begin and she'll fall off

I hope not doe

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see Himawari explore the theme of "Being a ninja" vs "Not being a ninja", and what choice she makes there.

It came up lightly in the Graduation arc in the anime, what with some students choosing not to become ninja. They kind of implied that Himawari wasn't going to become one, but nothing came of it. Given the series and it's focus on social issues in the new era, it'd be an interesting theme to explore. Plus it leads into drama should something happen to Boruto.

I'd also like to see them answer the question of "What if someone chooses not to become a Ninja, but regrets it later?" too.

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see Himawari explore the theme of "Being a ninja" vs "Not being a ninja", and what choice she makes there.

It came up lightly in the Graduation arc in the anime, what with some students choosing not to become ninja. They kind of implied that Himawari wasn't going to become one, but nothing came of it. Given the series and it's focus on social issues in the new era, it'd be an interesting theme to explore. Plus it leads into drama should something happen to Boruto.

I'd also like to see them answer the question of "What if someone chooses not to become a Ninja, but regrets it later?" too.
I'd honestly like for her to grow up a little and start to idolize Hanabi.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh you finally got there. Yeah those last 2 episodes or so of the Movie Arc were peak hype, when the music kicks in as Sasuke runs forward with his cape coming off in the middle of the air like that, it was the shortest 20 minutes I ever felt watching an Anime. When Boruto hits the hype thrusters, they go way beyond 11/10. Not even DBS got the same reaction from me this year.

Re: Himawari. She has eye powers, you don't really think post time skip we won't see her as a Chunin do you guys?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently via character data sheets they retconned her age/height to be even younger/shorter then her brother when compared to the movie age gap of 2 years

Guess they don't want her and her OP byakugan to be use able anytime soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh you finally got there. Yeah those last 2 episodes or so of the Movie Arc were peak hype, when the music kicks in as Sasuke runs forward with his cape coming off in the middle of the air like that, it was the shortest 20 minutes I ever felt watching an Anime. When Boruto hits the hype thrusters, they go way beyond 11/10. Not even DBS got the same reaction from me this year.

Re: Himawari. She has eye powers, you don't really think post time skip we won't see her as a Chunin do you guys?
Imagine how stronk Sasuke would be with two arms? I miss his taijutsu skills, he put a good hand to hand beating on Naruto in their final battle. I think it took me a half hour to watch that Boruto ep, it was so hype.
Apparently via character data sheets they retconned her age/height to be even younger/shorter then her brother when compared to the movie age gap of 2 years

Guess they don't want her and her OP byakugan to be use able anytime soon.
Just give me a ten year time skip, I think Himawari could be the next Hanabi, she has the potential and this series hasn't had a hype Byakugan user for years.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Again, the music made it even better. That's the one thing about Boruto, it nails the music, but it also nails the animation. MHA has the animation chops but I am so so on the soundtrack, DBS nailed the music but screw me if the animation was still a bit lacking, and there really isn't a Shonen out there right now that can get this hype. Or an Anime in general. They can get over the top, but never stick to being just right. Spin and Burst is the right amount of kickass.

Oct 25, 2017
Again, the music made it even better. That's the one thing about Boruto, it nails the music, but it also nails the animation. MHA has the animation chops but I am so so on the soundtrack, DBS nailed the music but screw me if the animation was still a bit lacking, and there really isn't a Shonen out there right now that can get this hype. Or an Anime in general. They can get over the top, but never stick to being just right. Spin and Burst is the right amount of kickass.

MHA doesn't have the choreography usually, they did a good job on the newest Deku vs Bakugo fight at least and DBS is good in spurts, but relies too heavily on beams and shit, Naruto and Boruto have excellent choreography when it's not just hurl a Rasengan at the enemy. The hand to hand portions are usually my favorite parts. I love prime Sasukes Taijutsu into Jutsu mix ups.