• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Still remember how I exchanged a pretty good spell card for three fakes of the Egyptian God cards, knowing fully well that they were fake. They were just too cool. I wanted them.

Also pretty sure some kid stole one of em the same day out of my bag. Never got to the bottom of that one.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Even more changes compared to the manga

anime is basically definitive edition with these anime only arcs tweaking the plot

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, i'm liking this arc so far. Hope they can stick the landing.

Poor Boruto with getting this disturbing info dump.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really like today's episode. Never even thought about how Konohamaru was teaching the son of his grandfather's killer. That's interesting. Orochimaru is a really cool character in this series and I always like seeing more of him.

Next episode looks interesting, though with them being outnumbered and also against a Jonin, can't imagine there'll be much of a fight.

I appreciate more and more how consistent Boruto is with its visuals. From time to time we get the mind blowing action scenes but even outside of those, I don't think it ever looks straight up bad. I'm starting to like the soundtrack more and more too.

Bring back Ryogi though.
Even more changes compared to the manga

anime is basically definitive edition with these anime only arcs tweaking the plot
Oh this was in the manga? Thought it was "filler".

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Only saw up to last episode, but so far it has been great. The way Boruto found out was handled in an excellent way, and I cannot wait to see what haooens when they find Orichimaru. I am assuming Mitsuki's team is also another pair of clones, but that raises some serious questions. Mainly, where in the flying fuck did he find Otsutsuki DNA to use, especially when its all but confirmed that Mitsuki is a Toneri Clone. This plot is going places if my suspicion is true, cause how it ties into the end game with Kawaki is gonna be hella interesting. Speaking of Kawaki, I still insist that the grandson of that Old kage from a couple of episodes that "died" is really Kawami or tied into him.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't give a shit about the Boruto manga at all. I've found myself enjoying the anime way more. It's weird to me when people complain about "Canon" in this show because the anime original stuff is usually the best parts

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly don't give a shit about the Boruto manga at all. I've found myself enjoying the anime way more. It's weird to me when people complain about "Canon" in this show because the anime original stuff is usually the best parts
Yeah, the manga being monthly really hurts it. And all of the stuff has mainly been Boruto. The anime has been doing good so far in letting us get to know these other characters.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good episode, especially Sarada continuing her bond with Karin, and Boruto bonding with Lord Orochimaru over MItsuki. Suigetsu was there too and just as cool and fun as ever. Yamato continues to be a joke of a shinobi sadly, did laugh when Karin got pass him.

Feels like a modified take on one of the many *sasuke retrival pt 1 filler arcs* plots

Confused at the end, how did Team Moegi catch up so fast (especially since Boruto and Sarada were heading to a vague location) and further, wonder how Yamato got word that Boruto and co were heading/going to Orochimaru's...

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good episode, especially Sarada continuing her bond with Karin, and Boruto bonding with Lord Orochimaru over MItsuki. Suigetsu was there too and just as cool and fun as ever. Yamato continues to be a joke of a shinobi sadly, did laugh when Karin got pass him.

Feels like a modified take on one of the many *sasuke retrival pt 1 filler arcs* plots

Confused at the end, how did Team Moegi catch up so fast (especially since Boruto and Sarada were heading to a vague location) and further, wonder how Yamato got word that Boruto and co were heading/going to Orochimaru's...
indeed it doesn't make any sense for Team Moegi

they aren't trackers so idk unless that was some main road/path/route they were in finding them is just a simple coicidence

as for Yamato, he likely got updated by Naruto and the LEAF that Sarada and Boruto left/ran away and he put the two together

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
I've been catching up with boruto... Stopped around episode 14 and binged the non filler episodes in a week or so.... Bloody brilliant episode 64/65/66.

How are the new crop of fillers, seems like you folks are enjoying them as it shines the light on other characters?

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
so you watched all of the episodes

Are you trying to be a smarty pants with the whole filler and canon thing lol.

I just just Googled boruto filler list and decided which episodes to not watch since and seems like I haven't missed much.

But tracking pack a few pages and posts seems like from 66 onwards the next set of episodes are quite entertaining?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
filler episodes?

ChoCho's stuff was bad but even that isn't filler

there is no filler

I've been catching up with boruto... Stopped around episode 14 and binged the non filler episodes in a week or so.... Bloody brilliant episode 64/65/66.

How are the new crop of fillers, seems like you folks are enjoying them as it shines the light on other characters?
we have a double episode this upcoming week for the Mitsuki arc so you have that to look forward to

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Konohamaru, you can't take place in this mission, emotional ties are forbidden!
*Sends the Children of his right hand men to chase after his son and his best daughter with no tracking experience, and the reason the 2 kids left in the first place is cause they are chasing after the clone kid of the biggest asshole in the village who is somehow still operating a shadow ops lab*
Naruto Hypocrisy, it can't be beat!

Seriously, what the hell is going on. I mean, is this going to go anywhere, or are we just going to have hints on Orochimaru having actual dirt on the Otsutsuki? Like there has to be relevancy to it. As someone quoted me above, if Mitsuki is the Moon to Boruto's sun because he is a clone of Temari, then does that mean that there are a Sun Clan of Otsutsuki's out there? And if so, then perhaps Kawaki is from the Moon Clan and their true successor? Just spitbaing here, but I am lost.

Oct 25, 2017
Konohamaru, you can't take place in this mission, emotional ties are forbidden!
*Sends the Children of his right hand men to chase after his son and his best daughter with no tracking experience, and the reason the 2 kids left in the first place is cause they are chasing after the clone kid of the biggest asshole in the village who is somehow still operating a shadow ops lab*
Naruto Hypocrisy, it can't be beat!

Also, Naruto went on a mission to go save his friend when he was 12, so yeah, I have no idea what the fuck he's on about

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, but at least abide to those rules ffs. I am pretty sure there are at least 10 missions in the 70 episodes of Boruto that defy it.
Are there? I'm honestly curious because it seems like most of the time Boruto is sneaking into situations he shouldn't be in. I don't know what emotionally charged mission Naruto himself has sent Boruto on. Only things that come to mind right now are Boruto fighting Momoshiki...because of Sasuke and Sarada going to meet her father...because she was a known target and was also under the personal protection of the world's strongest man.

Why would he? Throughout the entire original run of Naruto he made descions based on emotion and went on missions that he was heavily emotionally involved in and things turned out pretty well all things considered.
Yeah like that time Neji and Choji were straight up about to die. Sure worked out well.
Though I don't necessarily care about or disagree with this original issue, it's just you specifically calling out that a 32 yo man feels different from his 12 yo self that I cared to address lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah like that time Neji and Choji were straight up about to die. Sure worked out well.
Though I don't necessarily care about or disagree with this original issue, it's just you specifically calling out that a 32 yo man feels different from his 12 yo self that I cared to address lol.

I mean, Naruto being emotional didn't lead to those characters nearly dying and the two of them specifically weren't even close to as emotionally involved as Naruto. There's way more then just that mission where Naruto was emotionally involved also, like when they tried to save Sasuke a second time and when he actually entered the war.

If we're being real, I don't really care either. When he said that I went "Oh, that seems weird." but it's not show breaking or anything.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Naruto being emotional didn't lead to those characters nearly dying and the two of them specifically weren't even close to as emotionally involved as Naruto. There's way more then just that mission where Naruto was emotionally involved also, like when they tried to save Sasuke a second time and when he actually entered the war.

If we're being real, I don't really care either. When he said that I went "Oh, that seems weird." but it's not show breaking or anything.
But were they not in that mission because of Naruto? I could easily be forgetting but I thought that the mission happened because the Jonin/Chunin were all busy and because Naruto was gonna go anyway, Tsunade sent Shikamaru with a team.

But yes there's many more examples beyond that arc where Naruto was very emotionally involved lol.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Hmmm yeah, now that I think about it, Boruto's official missions have all been impassionate. Its only when he sticks his nose in too far dors that change.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
filler episodes?

ChoCho's stuff was bad but even that isn't filler

there is no filler
It's all canon damn it.

The so called "anime filler list" not only marks some of my favorite episodes as filler, but also marks some explicitly canonical content (such as episode 18) as filler or mostly filler. People using "filler lists" are missing out hardcore on some amazing episodes.

The only true filler episode so far has been "The Chunin Exams: The Recommendation Meeting", episode 50. Because it's a recap episode. Even then, it still gave us awesome Hanabi scenes, so...

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
this week is the two episode special on Thursday

next week is no episode

the week after that in October is the Sunday slot

likely the new OP/ED will air then if not the week after

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I feel again by the bands announced that the ED will be better then the OP

But the OP is being done by the people that did the first ED for MHA so at least I feel it will hopefully be better then the current OP (not that hard to beat)

As for the week that has no episode (the 27th of September) the 29th I believe is the debut of the English dub on Toonami so I might check that

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel again by the bands announced that the ED will be better then the OP

But the OP is being done by the people that did the first ED for MHA so at least I feel it will hopefully be better then the current OP (not that hard to beat)

As for the week that has no episode (the 27th of September) the 29th I believe is the debut of the English dub on Toonami so I might check that
Damn I forgot Boruto was gonna be on Toonami soon. That's cool.
I'm not sure if I'm in for weekly dubbed Boruto or not, got a lot of shows I already watch both sub/dub right now. I'll probably check out the first few eps though.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good episodes.
Shikamaru teasing me with that mention of the Byakuya Gang arc. Hope Ryogi can come back soon.

I've been really liking the music more and more recently. It was really good in the Boruto/Sarada vs InoShikaCho quick clash.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh my God I am only 5 minutes into episode 75, and they really went there. Spooky fog place, the characters go in circles, and wham, Japanese Cosy food palace in the middle of fucking nowhere. I guess it can't be a Shonen without one.
Edit: OMFG this episode is complete with a dragon Loli. And Boruto is having trouble with a basic shape hole puzzle door. This episode is trying its damn best to be generic, but so far Boruto soars its highest when being like this. I hate loving this show, but I can't help it.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
And its topped off by.an impossible fight a giant monster snake quest that our heroes wkll surely lose to.
This has just surpassed DBS in lowest common denominator entertainment, but I am loving it. Give me more, god damn break next week is ruining my vibes.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Boruto also forgot all his Projectile attacks lol

even when he did Boruto Stream he did it to get close to them and not outright him them?

what kind of silliness did the writers have to pull to have Shikadai literally dealing with Sarada and Boruto without moving from his spot