• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah this arc is kind of a dud. feels like they're just stretching the same jokes wayyyy too thin

Oct 25, 2017
lol at todays episode, that was pretty awesome and I never saw it coming. The pay off was amazing.

Also how does Tomaru have a ninja badge, yet is like so frightened and scared and even cowering behind people. Ninja training has really collapsed under Naruto's regime. Sasuke should exert more of his CoKage influence.

I would not have turned down Tomaru's offer, hes on the list of the hottest Boruto characters.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
Decent ending, I liked the plan and Cho Cho's overall development, could have easily all been done in 3 episodes instead of 2 though.

Either way, next episode looks lit!

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Boruto Manga chapter spoiler is hilarious
Naruto might adopt Kawaki and make him live in his home as part of the family
I hope it happens

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just catching up on the series because I needed a break after Shippuuden and wasn't expecting much from this.

Way better than expected. It's just so funny seeing some of these characters leading a relatively normal life.

I mean, fucking Orochimaru showing up for a parent-teacher talk? I couldn't keep it together, just way too funny.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice episode. Mitsuki is 2018's wisest character after Kratos lol.
The next episode looks very exciting though I now find it weird that Rock Lee didn't teach his son about the Eight Gates prior to the Chunin Exams when he already knew that when he took them lol.

Can a manga reader tell me if Konohamaru has gotten a good battle moment? Just a simple yes/no, without elaboration.
Also how does Tomaru have a ninja badge
You mean the headband? I think Tomaru and Ashina just stayed in their drama costumes the whole time. If he were actually a ninja, he would've just chakra-walked down that cliff since they down teach that prior to becoming a Genin.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it happens
I really hope this is true

has a month passed? Are we getting a new chapter soon? I NEED IT NOW.
Nice episode. Mitsuki is 2018's wisest character after Kratos lol.
The next episode looks very exciting though I now find it weird that Rock Lee didn't teach his son about the Eight Gates prior to the Chunin Exams when he already knew that when he took them lol.

Can a manga reader tell me if Konohamaru has gotten a good battle moment? Just a simple yes/no, without elaboration.

You mean the headband? I think Tomaru and Ashina just stayed in their drama costumes the whole time. If he were actually a ninja, he would've just chakra-walked down that cliff since they down teach that prior to becoming a Genin.
yes if I recall he did have a badass moment.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up.

Is this the worst arc/stretch of episodes? This feels like the worst arc/stretch of episodes.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up.

Is this the worst arc/stretch of episodes? This feels like the worst arc/stretch of episodes.

Yeah, definitely the worst "mini arc" we've had between major arcs.

And I say this as someone who liked the Team 15 episode.

Next episode should be better because we are getting THE ULTIMATE BADASS, MIGHTO GAI~!

I hope it happens

This sounds utterly ridiculous yet I kind of hope it happens too.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It honestly sounds like they're going to have a big build up (over many chapters) until Kawaki gets to the point that he decides to bring about the end of the shinobi world. I'm kinda expecting his goals and Kara's goals to not align, eventually leading us to the opening scene. I don't think we're going to get there anytime soon, however.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It honestly sounds like they're going to have a big build up (over many chapters) until Kawaki gets to the point that he decides to bring about the end of the shinobi world. I'm kinda expecting his goals and Kara's goals to not align, eventually leading us to the opening scene. I don't think we're going to get there anytime soon, however.
in the meantime

he will now be called Kawaki Uzumaki by the fandom

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
omggggyasssss this chapter

Naruto adopting Kawaki? CHECK.
Naruto being a badass? CHECK.
Lots of shit talking? CHECK.
Kawaki not being completely one dimensional? CHECK.

In all my random guesses of how their relationship grows I didn't anticipate living together. I wonder how close they truly become.....or if the rift happens early on. Things are still getting good. But alas, another month lol.

liking it all a lot.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is the best chapter in a while

It's a bummer if Kawaki just ends up being Sasuke 2.0 but at least it seems like he has more of a heart than Sasuke did at the same age

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's not watching the anime, I appreciate the monthly chapters. This has been my favorite one thus far. I just could never really "get into" the series but that chapter was damn good.

And this chapter is changing my mind on Boruto. I disliked him until this chapter but that whole thing there, yeah. This chapter was good for all characters involved.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that Boruto and Kawaki go out of their way to subvert everything that Naruto and Sasuke did. I don't simply want this to be a repeat of Naruto and Sasuke. Rather, I'd like to see their relationship defined on their own terms.

Also, Ikemoto's art is improving. His Hinata actually looks like Hinata now; it's only the hairstyle that's out of place. Similar with his Himawari, who's only real issue is that her front bangs are disturbingly short.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I love how smug Naruto in this chapter.
He can go to your favorite family member to imma show you who's boss real quick.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
What's his face's art is definitely growing on me.
The way he drew Naruto in those scenes with Kawaki, dude just oozes power.
Close to Mads and Hash when they were serious.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
The art started off hit or miss but now I find it more hit than miss. Especially the more we get into original content/characters.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The art started off hit or miss but now I find it more hit than miss. Especially the more we get into original content/characters.
Funnily enough this chapter did not look as great as the last 2-3chapters that honestly were well drawn

especially his original characters
I won't forgive his Sarada design call me when that's changed and maybe ill try it again
well Sarada wasn't in this chapter and now
seeing as Kawaki is here and a fully fledged family member (for now) of the Uzumaki family we might even see her less
so....

but if Ike wants to have a unique outfit then if anything he did one that wasn't so bad over here
DC-2iA-UMAApzRe.jpg
add pants to this and we are golden

idk why he stubbornly wants that abomination instead

Oct 25, 2017
Great chapter.
be still my heart, Boruto x Kawaki is starting to push Boruto x Shikdai away, and living together, what more could one want.

Loved how Kawaki was moved to apologize, good kid at heart. Also how he got impressed with Naruto's display of power!

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I have heard very conflicting thoughts on ShikAmaru Shiden. How pepole think Shikamaru is being villainious and like a slightly less evil version of Danzo but i am wondering pepole's thoughts on it

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have heard very conflicting thoughts on ShikAmaru Shiden. How pepole think Shikamaru is being villainious and like a slightly less evil version of Danzo but i am wondering pepole's thoughts on it

I actually like Shikamaru's personality in it, but there's a bit of contrast with how the other Kage behaved in the Momoshiki arc and how they behave here. It's kinda odd.

Completely off topic, but I was just thinking of how much a better experience anime only viewers have gotten. Those who haven't read the manga or watched the movie have basically gotten the best possible experience with a very noticeable growth to all the characters. Boruto especially. I'm kind of envious of them.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Completely off topic, but I was just thinking of how much a better experience anime only viewers have gotten. Those who haven't read the manga or watched the movie have basically gotten the best possible experience with a very noticeable growth to all the characters. Boruto especially. I'm kind of envious of them.
not really since the manga only had really one arc post the movie and that arc itself was just Team 7

so anything the anime does is new content for me and even post the Momo arc for better or for worse we are still getting new content instead of jumping right into the manga content

so for me at least there isn't anything to be envious about since I get new content in the anime and then new content in the manga with neither clashing on each other so far as neither did the same arc besides the Momo arc

eventually the manga adaptation will appear but I expect in between manga arcs we will get more original anime content to buffer in between

and even then when it will do some manga adaptation we might get some new content in that arc itself to complete it

so that works for me as well

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
not really since the manga only had really one arc post the movie and that arc itself was just Team 7

I'm talking what they've done so far. The anime new's content leading up to the Momoshiki arc has definitely improved that arc for me, especially because there's a noticeable buildup that's lacking from the movie/manga version. Both Naruto and Boruto come off as far better characters, as does the supporting cast, and I think anime only viewers have gotten a real treat because of that.

It's just a much more coherent buildup, compared to the movie and manga.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking what they've done so far. The anime new's content leading up to the Momoshiki arc has definitely improved that arc for me, especially because there's a noticeable buildup that's lacking from the movie/manga version. Both Naruto and Boruto come off as far better characters, as does the supporting cast, and I think anime only viewers have gotten a real treat because of that.

It's just a much more coherent buildup, compared to the movie and manga.
oh

that makes sense... the movie was only 1 hour and 30mins so they couldn't jam in a ton of stuff and the manga trying to rush to new content just copied and pasted the movie with the exception of the Momo redesign

so I get what you are saying

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh

that makes sense... the movie was only 1 hour and 30mins so they couldn't jam in a ton of stuff and the manga trying to rush to new content just copied and pasted the movie with the exception of the Momo redesign

so I get what you are saying

I've had some minor issues with the anime, but honestly it's all been pretty great so far. Could have done without this Cho-Cho mini arc, however.

I kind of want the anime to pull a Dragon Ball Super and surpass the manga, especially given it's the same writer. But at the same time Ikemoto's art has gotten really good and the manga has gotten really fantastic in it's last ten chapters in it's own right, so I'm conflicted.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like Shikamaru's personality in it, but there's a bit of contrast with how the other Kage behaved in the Momoshiki arc and how they behave here. It's kinda odd.

you could make that argument but I have a feeling the opposite is happening starting a week or two ago. Manga is has been firing off in great ways and the show is about to go into a terrible filler lul if these episodes were any indication.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you could make that argument but I have a feeling the opposite is happening starting a week or two ago. Manga is has been firing off in great ways and the show is about to go into a terrible filler lul if these episodes were any indication.

Yeah, the Cho-Cho arc was supremely underwhelming, and I'm hoping the rest of the arcs before the next manga arc aren't as bad.