• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
actually yeah I take it back Konohamaru is the weakest link lol. They need to give him more cool scenes

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Old Team 7 and their 6 months of bonding?

Oh do tell me more
38081283_2227230557500837_6448730787482173440_n.jpg

Naruto and Sasuke had that orphan/alone thing going on at least so there is that
hated each other because they reminded each other of each other for each other
Sakura though...

her grit with Naruto was ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

her future sorrow with Sasuke was ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh I was talking more about the characters themselves being somewhat "dysfunctional" and having grit because of their backstories

(barring sakura)

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
actually yeah I take it back Konohamaru is the weakest link lol. They need to give him more cool scenes

And they need to give him some jutsu that stands out. It's just sad that they just keep him as another rasengan guy. I do like him but idk how much of it is just because of who he has been, and his relationship with other characters in the story. They really do need to do something interesting with him, he has potential. The whole team is pretty great on paper.

edit: my jeesus i made some made errors

Edit 2: just noticed my edit had errors.... r u srs

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I would've preferred it if Mirai was Team 7's teacher

that or Hanabi wasn't the squad head for Sumire but instead Team 7

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would've preferred it if Mirai was Team 7's teacher

that or Hanabi wasn't the squad head for Sumire but instead Team 7

For me Mirai should've been the squad leader for the new Ino Shika Cho. I don't understand why Moegi is the teacher when it's a role given to Sarutobi clan members and Mirai is the daughter of Shikamaru's teacher. That's some BS.

I like Konohamaru as Boruto's teacher but I wish he used a staff and had a monkey contract like his grandfather.

yado

Oct 25, 2017
It's good that they're moving away from the parallels tbh. I wish the show would rely less on current characters repeating what their predecessors did.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
For me Mirai should've been the squad leader for the new Ino Shika Cho. I don't understand why Moegi is the teacher when it's a role given to Sarutobi clan members and Mirai is the daughter of Shikamaru's teacher. That's some BS.

I like Konohamaru as Boruto's teacher but I wish he used a staff and had a monkey contract like his grandfather.
was it a role given to Sarutobi members?

Moegi is fine, and I wouldn't want another copy and paste element for that squad... they are already drowning enough

also Mirai would complement Sarada and Hanabi at least Boruto

Mirai right now is being wasted being behind panel and no offense Hanabi is also being wasted in being in some non CQC non Dojutsu non Taijutsu team

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
was it a role given to Sarutobi members?

Moegi is fine, and I wouldn't want another copy and paste element for that squad... they are already drowning enough

also Mirai would complement Sarada and Hanabi at least Boruto

Mirai right now is being wasted being behind panel and no offense Hanabi is also being wasted in being in some non CQC non Dojutsu non Taijutsu team

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sarutobi_Clan
"Not much is known of this clan but, in order to strengthen the unity between the Akimichi, Nara, and Yamanaka clans, it has become a tradition that one of the Sarutobi give each of the members of the current Ino–Shika–Chō trio special earrings when they swear their oaths."

They're traditionally close to Sarutobi members.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sarutobi_Clan
"Not much is known of this clan but, in order to strengthen the unity between the Akimichi, Nara, and Yamanaka clans, it has become a tradition that one of the Sarutobi give each of the members of the current Ino–Shika–Chō trio special earrings when they swear their oaths."

They're traditionally close to Sarutobi members.
lol then toss them Konohamaru

but if you really want to do the Asuma parallels then sure I guess

the only problem with my previous post and your Mirai post is apparently Mirai is currently a Chunnin and not a Jounin

something that could've been fixed easily even if she is way younger then Konohamaru's gen

I just feel right now Mirai is rotting away, while Hanabi is on the wrong squad, like if Gai was in charge of Ino Shika Cho in Naruto

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
lol then toss them Konohamaru

but if you really want to do the Asuma parallels then sure I guess

the only problem with my previous post and your Mirai post is apparently Mirai is currently a Chunnin and not a Jounin

something that could've been fixed easily even if she is way younger then Konohamaru's gen

I just feel right now Mirai is rotting away, while Hanabi is on the wrong squad, like if Gai was in charge of Ino Shika Cho in Naruto
Yeah either way, Mirai should've just been a young Jonin like Kakashi was at one point. She's being wasted right now.

And yes, with the cool Sumire from the Nue arc gone, Hanabo could've had a better team.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man I forgot about Mirai, she is severely underused.

And they need to give him some jutsu that stands out. It's just sad that they just keep him as another rasengan guy. I do like him but idk how much of it is just because of who he has been, and his relationship with other characters in the story. They really do need to do something interesting with him, he has potential. The whole team is pretty great on paper.

edit: my jeesus i made some made errors

Edit 2: just noticed my edit had errors.... r u srs

They need to give him some of Hiruzen's jutsus and let him use those in battle. The more Sarutobi Clan stuff he gets, the better.

Yeah the problem is he doesn't have that many standout abilities and on top of that they just kind of delegate him to spamming basic elemental jutsu in battle. I don't know how strong he's supposed to be but he doesn't "feel" as tough as Kakashi was back in the day.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Off-topic, but I hope that Boruto learns the Twin Lion Fists at some point. His dojutsu doesn't seem to have the 360 degree vision of the Byakugan, so he probably can't learn most of the main-house Gentle Fist techniques, but that one he COULD learn. It'd be really fitting for him too if he had the signature techniques of Naruto and Hinata, plus it fits his fighting style.

Dr.Hadji

Apr 21, 2018
How freely can we talk about the OG Naruto in this thread? I kind of want to dissect and highlight some of my favorite fights across the series. Wondering if this is the place to do it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How freely can we talk about the OG Naruto in this thread? I kind of want to dissect and highlight some of my favorite fights across the series. Wondering if this is the place to do it.
Very freely. Since Boruto is the continuation, you can talk about everything that has come before. I don't think there's ever been any complaint about discussing pre-Boruto events here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Well Sophia already went supremely off topic by suggesting that Boruto should learn the lion fists move, so you damn well better keep og naruto talk out of this thread or face the b o o t

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
ChouChou is the best girl, at least among the genin/chuunin. When I think of Sarada, I think of her manga version that imho is too sexualized for my taste. Sumire has a terrible outfit, especially early on.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
so the third and likely final arc after the ChoCho and the other person in the anime original stuff before the new OP (which likely means back to the manga stuff) is...
Mitsuki

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
yeah it is
Mitsuki stuff.. at least 2 episodes stated so far as we don't know the episode titles for the following episodes afterwards

but before that
we are getting one episode about the Kages after the Metal Lee Episode

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I turned this episode off after 10 minutes, and I see this arc continue next week.

Think I'll come back to Boruto later.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man fuck Tomaru. I swear when he was like "that's something someone like you will never get" I had my hand in front of my mouth in shock for the rest of the ep.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
yeah this episode was really hard to watch

one more episode then we get I think
Kage summit
or
Metal Lee

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I legit actually skipped scenes this episode. I'm ready to move on to another arc. x.x;

I actually like Cho-Cho, and Inojin/Mitsuki continue to be amazing, but this arc is just kind of dragging on and walking headfirst into filler tropes. :S

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
for people who read the manga

you guys should check this Shikamaru shinden translated stuff since it is kind of a big deal
https://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/com...4be0c8a74c&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=95w6rq

some Kages literally wishing for war, lol that is what they only think is a solution towards everything

also another big surprise regarding the TenTou arc
whoaaa shikamaru the god. I should read more of this, didn't realize it was so close to the manga.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
so the third and likely final arc after the ChoCho and the other person in the anime original stuff before the new OP (which likely means back to the manga stuff) is...
Mitsuki

So that's why
he looks very suspicious in this ending?

It's unfortunate what they did for this arc... like I liked Cho Cho but she's like a totally different character... the worst thing? This is Kishimoto's doing.

This arc reminds me of that Naruto movie where team 7 is hired to protect an actress.

Last edited:

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
So that's why
he looks very suspicious in this ending?

It's unfortunate what they did for this arc... like I liked Cho Cho but she's like a totally different character... the worst thing? This is Kishimoto's doing.

This arc reminds me of that Naruto movie where team 7 is hired to protect an actress.
You think so? Everything cho cho has said and done seems pretty consistent with what we've seen from her before.

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
Really?

When did we see her manipulating her own body to look more attractive like in this arc?
Pretty sure she showed interest in it during the end of the Sarada gaiden arc where she sees her dad choji is skinny after he used his butterfly mode during a mission and she asks him to teach it to her(So she obviously couldn't do it before). Moreover, we've seen hints about how she is a bit boy crazy and is self-conscious about her weight and I don't really mind that too much since this is clearly being set up as a character flaw she is going to overcome based on Orochimaru's comment earlier about how the most important thing about a person is there "core" who they are and their character not there external and physical traits. In fact, based on Mitsuki's and Cho Cho's interactions so far I would predict that he is the one who's going to give her some big pep talk about how her weight doesn't matter and she should be true to herself since that seems to be the obvious set-up they're going for here.