• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was adorable.

Also I love that the train is Boruto and Shikadai's thing. At least I think it is, I swear I've seen them on it several times.

Also Boruto cheated and all, but low-key I don't see the big deal with using the ninja tools outside of the tournament. Y'all so advanced and shit nowadays, what's the big deal

As for Mitsuki, starting to get tired of him calling Boruto the sun lol

Oct 27, 2017

Also I love that the train is Boruto and Shikadai's thing. At least I think it is, I swear I've seen them on it several times.

Also Boruto cheated and all, but low-key I don't see the big deal with using the ninja tools outside of the tournament. Y'all so advanced and shit nowadays, what's the big deal

Avi update?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

I am going to take a guess and say that it ties into the Otsutsuki. Boruto is going to be reveales to be a decendanf from the super secret sun clan, while Kawaki is the real decendant from the moon clan. I wish I kidding when I say that I'm dead serious.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am going to take a guess and say that it ties into the Otsutsuki. Boruto is going to be reveales to be a decendanf from the super secret sun clan, while Kawaki is the real decendant from the moon clan. I wish I kidding when I say that I'm dead serious.

And then it's revealed that this was destiny since the whole start with Kaguya and her sons and Naruto and Sasuke. EVEN MORE LORE

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Mitsuki should have been a girl, the shipping war would make the old ship war tame by comparison.

Considering his parent, maybe it's not too late yet...

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
And then it's revealed that this was destiny since the whole start with Kaguya and her sons and Naruto and Sasuke. EVEN MORE LORE
lol I had a thought that the Otsutsuki clan was just using Earth like puppets so that the Jougan can eventually be developed there

I mean why attack Toneri for "betraying" the clan but Hagoromo and Hamura were apparently okay?

this makes even more sense when you watched the LAST and apparently Hamura's scrolls said something about the pure byakugan and whatever and Momo showcased that apparently the byakguan can see into the future.

this is some "master plan" Hiashi shit but with the O clan instead

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder what they're going to do with Sarada and Mitsuki. It's my only issue with the series rn, it doesn't feel like the writers have any plot threads even remotely set up for either of them.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder what they're going to do with Sarada and Mitsuki. It's my only issue with the series rn, it doesn't feel like the writers have any plot threads even remotely set up for either of them.
I think Mitsuki has a major connection to Boruto's Jougan and O clan plot line

But we just got to get through the Kawaki stuff first

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Mitsuki has a major connection to Boruto's Jougan and O clan plot line

But we just got to get through the Kawaki stuff first

I think you're probably right about this. There's a lot of evidence so far to suggest that Mitsuki and Orochimaru have some connection with Otsutsuki plotlines:
  • Mitsuki has a significant resemblance to Toneri. He actually resembles Toneri far more than he resembles Orochimaru, to a striking degree. The biggest difference here is his eyes, which are clearly the snake eyes of Orochimarru.
  • The whole "sun" thing and Mitsuki's obsession with Boruto, which hasn't been explained in the slightest.
  • Mitsuki's Sage Mode, which he apparently can't show anyone. Which raises the question of why a standard Sage Mode would cause so much issue?
  • He knew about the Otsutsuki Clan in episode 62, and identified the attackers as such when Urashiki attacked him. This was before Sasuke identified them as the threat that Kaguya was preparing for, and before Momoshiki and Kinshiki introduced themselves.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think you're probably right about this. There's a lot of evidence so far to suggest that Mitsuki and Orochimaru have some connection with Otsutsuki plotlines:
  • Mitsuki has a significant resemblance to Toneri. He actually resembles Toneri far more than he resembles Orochimaru, to a striking degree. The biggest difference here is his eyes, which are clearly the snake eyes of Orochimarru.
  • The whole "sun" thing and Mitsuki's obsession with Boruto, which hasn't been explained in the slightest.
  • Mitsuki's Sage Mode, which he apparently can't show anyone. Which raises the question of why a standard Sage Mode would cause so much issue?
  • He knew about the Otsutsuki Clan in episode 62, and identified the attackers as such when Urashiki attacked him. This was before Sasuke identified them as the threat that Kaguya was preparing for, and before Momoshiki and Kinshiki introduced themselves.

Why spoiler-tag this?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After the Cho Cho stuff is...
Metal Lee focused episode or episodes

I'm guessing we're gonna get a bunch of character arcs for now. We will likely get a Sumire/Team Hanabi focused episode as well.

The new opening debuted in Episode 53 which means we have until Episode 78 before it switches songs again. So I'm wondering if we'll get the Mujina Bandits Arc before it switches? Episodes 67, 68, and 69 will be the Chocho arc, and the Metal Lee arc will probably be 70 and 71, maybe 72 as well. Which gives them time to do a Sumire arc and show how she joined Katasuke. Then the Mujina Bandits.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I will rock a Metal Lee avatar if I'm so lucky as to get a fight or something out of him I ain't playing

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I actually low key enjoyed this episode, however I did let out a long groan at the end of the episode when Cho Cho is suggested for her new role.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay didn't know this was a two parter. Wish one of the guys had the hots for the guy.

In any case was fun. Was surprised the film studio is actually in the hidden leaf. So thought it was going to be out of the village.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I found the Choji/Karui pairing random but nowadays I'm happy it happened due to it giving us Cho Cho and she's really cool. This episode is really fun too.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was surprisingly better than I expected.

Also I really liked the training scenes at the start. Seeing that kind of stuff in the anime makes me happy. Mitsuki is such a good boy, coming home to see his fathe... moth... parent... >_>;

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand annoying characters. That whole story about her father has still left me bitter about her character.

Mitsuki's boner for Boruto is something I actually like. Could lead to some interesting things (not referring to any shipping of any kind :/)

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't really say anything at all. "Annoying" isn't a property of Cho Cho, it's a potential reaction from the audience. You might as well be saying you can't stand characters you can't stand.
I feel like she's purposely annoying. The eating gimmick is constantly shoved in our faces, I feel like a lot more than it was with her dad (who admittedly was also kind of annoying early on). She's very loudmouthy, and obnoxious the whole father arc made her come off as very ignorant, etc...

Her comic relief-ness is just abrasive and over the top and too common. I will say that it mostly seems like an anime problem because in the manga I find her less annoying. I like that she's strong, but dislike literally everything else about her.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like she's purposely annoying. The eating gimmick is constantly shoved in our faces, I feel like a lot more than it was with her dad (who admittedly was also kind of annoying early on). She's very loudmouthy, and obnoxious the whole father arc made her come off as very ignorant, etc...

Her comic relief-ness is just abrasive and over the top and too common. I will say that it mostly seems like an anime problem because in the manga I find her less annoying. I like that she's strong, but dislike literally everything else about her.
Gotcha. Thank you for elaborating.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I like Cho Cho, I love that she is so confident in herself and just does her. I also like her friendship with Sarada.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of dislikes

For the new Team 7 who do you guys like the least?

Compared to the old Team 7 these guys are way more tolerable

Should've still been called Team 3

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I havent seen this episode but Chocho is my dude. It doesn't surprise me that people think she's annoying, she is, but I just like the idea that she's a confident chubby girl and that basically outweighs the flaws lol

Speaking of dislikes

Id even k. I like them all. I didnt think the og team 7 was all that untolerable outside of Saukra.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how people would've reacted to Chocho's butterfly mode if it wasn't already an established thing back in the OG series lol

but I just like the idea that she's a confident chubby girl and that basically outweighs the flaws lol

I will admit that I much rather her be confident than well, the opposite, but yea, she can often be a bit too much. And it's a shame too, because the stuff she goes through (except for the dad thing, that was inexcusably stupid) are pretty ordinary for someone her age. But they handle it in a way that where it's all about the comic relief first before anything else, and that just makes her more irritating than she needs to be.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Id even k. I like them all. I didnt think the og team 7 was all that untolerable outside of Saukra.
I agree the seem balance in likability for me at least

they also aren't as dysfunctional for the sake of being dysfunctional like the older Team 7

there of course were some nitpicks here and there like Boruto's father angst but again that was just a plot from the movie that had to be pushed through and thank goodness it is now over, Sarada also seemed to tone down the Boruto ranting a notch

everyone even Cho Cho for me in the new gen are fine... I just hope that when the plot gets into gear that all of them will contribute beyond extra story arcs that aren't connected to the main story arcs

I also hope beyond Team 7 that the other kids get beyond their parents abilities and skill set and break out beyond those molds so that they aren't just a token rep for their clan and its traditions

I also want Hyuga kids... Boruto and Hima literally are held from using them so SP needs to toss me some Hyuga fresh blood

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Mitsuki is the weakest of the new Team 7 for me so far because he feels like he has the least agency. He has a lot of potential though. I like Sarada a lot but it feels like the writers don't know what they want to do with her so far. I thought they were gonna have her become Naruto's student to contrast Boruto but so far that hasn't happened (in fact Boruto kind of hogs Naruto and Sasuke's attention lol)

Meanwhile Boruto himself is well taken care of, especially in the future stuff in the manga so far. I guess that contrasts how Naruto often felt sidelined in his own series though, haha.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of dislikes

I honestly don't dislike any member of the new Team 7, so it's virtually impossible to pick "the least" among them. All three members of the team are amazing in their own right. Boruto does a fantastic job of not merely being a clone of Naruto. Mitsuki's personality is downright charming and his backstory, motives, and character are intriguing. Sarada is basically the most badass and likable female character in the franchise and it's great that she has a long term goal, she also avoids being a clone of her parents too in this manner.

If I had to say any member of the team is weak, it's Konohamaru simply because he's forever going to be compared to Kakashi and how he doesn't measure up to what Kakashi did even early on, lol.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I agree the seem balance in likability for me at least

they also aren't as dysfunctional for the sake of being dysfunctional like the older Team 7

their grit was real. stop fake talking

I think Mitsuki is the weakest of the new Team 7 for me so far because he feels like he has the least agency. He has a lot of potential though. I like Sarada a lot but it feels like the writers don't know what they want to do with her so far. I thought they were gonna have her become Naruto's student to contrast Boruto but so far that hasn't happened (in fact Boruto kind of hogs Naruto and Sasuke's attention lol)

Meanwhile Boruto himself is well taken care of, especially in the future stuff in the manga so far. I guess that contrasts how Naruto often felt sidelined in his own series though, haha.

Rude. Orochimaru would be offended.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
their grit was real. stop fake talking
Old Team 7 and their 6 months of bonding?

Oh do tell me more
38081283_2227230557500837_6448730787482173440_n.jpg

Naruto and Sasuke had that orphan/alone thing going on at least so there is that
hated each other because they reminded each other of each other for each other
Sakura though...

her grit with Naruto was ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

her future sorrow with Sasuke was ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited: