• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When he started making Rasenshuriken without Kage Bunshin once he gained Kyūbi Chakra Mode, he was using two additional chakra arms in place of the Kage Bunshin. When he gained Bijū Mode, he didn't even need the additional chamra arms—though it could be possible that Kurama's cooperation, or use of natural energy could have played a part... THEN he was shown making Rasenshuriken single handedly without any Bijü chakra, or Senjutsu in the movie, and everybody's just confused.

His chakra control just got better, which is to be expected as he gets older/more experience.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
His chakra control just got better, which is to be expected as he gets older/more experience.
That would be an acceptable explanation for Naruto finally kneading a Rasengan with a single hand, without the aid of Kage Bunshin, additional arms, and chakra shrouds.

The way they originally set up the hurdle of difficulty when it came to adding Nature Transformation with such a high level of Shape Transformation made it out to be a matter far beyond simply "gittin' gud"; I'm sure you understand that. :p Otherwise Kakashi wouldn't have phrased things the way he did.

It may very well be the excuse they end up using. But I don't think it makes very much sense.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That Rasengen scene.

That ****ING RASENGEN SCENE.

I didn't think they could outdo thee movie there BUT THEY DID.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
What's the current episode #? Heard that they actually did it better than the movie and am very curious to see.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That would be an acceptable explanation for Naruto finally kneading a Rasengan with a single hand, without the aid of Kage Bunshin, additional arms, and chakra shrouds.

The way they originally set up the hurdle of difficulty when it came to adding Nature Transformation with such a high level of Shape Transformation made it out to be a matter far beyond simply "gittin' gud"; I'm sure you understand that. :p Otherwise Kakashi wouldn't have phrased things the way he did.

It may very well be the excuse they end up using. But I don't think it makes very much sense.
First, when Kakashi said it'd be impossible for him, it's not improbable that he meant in his state when he said it, as opposed to just something he straight up would never be able to do.

Second, it is perfectly conceivable to me that Naruto became able to do all that stuff with one hand no matter how big of a deal was made originally due to the fact that through his usage of Shadow Clones to handle each different step, his mind got a better understanding of how each individual step works and through doing that for years, combined with the fact that he retains memories/feelings/experiences from the clones and that he got a feel for what his easier control looked like under his various forms, he'd be able to eventually replicate those results alone and with one hand. Usage of those clones in the first place allowed him to get an understanding for years of chakra experience in just a couple days before the Kakuzu fight. It'd make sense for his mind to just reach unprecedented levels of understanding on the intricacies of chakra control through continued usage of his clones when performing the techniques for the years after that initial pre-Kakuzu training. I doubt Naruto would be able to teach it but considering the way he fights and the way his body is set up to learn in an OP way, the guy possibly has the equivalent of decades upon decades upon decades of chakra experience.
(Edit: And if it's not conceivable to you, just imagine he pops out tiny Kurama chakra hands on his palm whenever he does something and those handle the different steps lol)

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm chalking it up as another example of Boruto just spitting on the goddamn legacy and I shan't have it. He cannot keep getting away with it.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn this episode was amazing. Boruto continues its streak of being better than Shippuden/Part 2.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm chalking it up as another example of Boruto just spitting on the goddamn legacy and I shan't have it. He cannot keep getting away with it.
dude has a Jougan, that likely is the end game dojutsu for the series

he clearly jumped started his own legacy just by being born

we joked about Hiashi's master plan but the meaning literally is true/legit

that is what you get when your two Parents literally have Hagormo and Hamura chakra handed down to them
Momo basically also called him an Otsutsuki

Naruto and Sasuke are also pretty much Otsutsuki too sine thery care incarnated of Indra and Ashura

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Kishi said he plans for Boruto to be better than Naruto right?

He's off to a decent start if it can continue this upward trend I'm willing to believe

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Boruto is already better than a good chunk of Naruto tbh.

Something I really appreciate in Boruto is it actually did the work to get us to really know all of the supporting cast. I already care more about them than I did in part 1 of Naruto besides a couple like Lee and Shikamaru.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Boruto is already better than a good chunk of Naruto tbh.

Something I really appreciate in Boruto is it actually did the work to get us to really know all of the supporting cast. I already care more about them than I did in part 1 of Naruto besides a couple like Lee and Shikamaru.

Speaking of supporting cast, the new ending sequence was modified in episode 65 to include more members of the cast.

The beginning now shows several cast members as well as Naruto and Boruto's combined Rasengen, and the ending shot has Iwabee, Lee, and more background shadows.

Episode 64:

mpc-be64_2018-07-19_1qpi3r.png

Episode 65:

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me that silhouette to the left of Chocho is Ryogi.

Not sure, but that's interesting if true.

In the episode 64 cast shot, you can see three background shadows. The one behind Sarada is clearly Namida. The one behind Shikadai appears to be Wasabi. The one behind Inojin is harder to make out, but it might be Mirai?

So we getting into Kara stuff next or another filler arc?

Filler arc.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Kishi said he plans for Boruto to be better than Naruto right?

He's off to a decent start if it can continue this upward trend I'm willing to believe

Meh. 65 whole episodes and this show is overall much weaker than Naruto so far, but I guess it is possible if this goes on for a wayyy longer time and stuff is all great from here. (Since a huge chunk of shippuden wasn't too good either)

And much of Boruto is better than much of that last long stretch of shippuden, but still.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Adult Naruto and Sasuke just looks so good.
It's just such a massive improvement to how they were as kids/teens.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Look?

I'll have you know sir that orochi & late war arc Sasuke was much more stylish

Because he said "looks", I think he means "Naruto+Sasuke", so as a pair/combination. And I'm inclined to agree because of how Sasuke was "cool" before but he was nowhere near as cool as he is as an adult and he also works much better with Naruto now than he did before.

Also, I don't like "orochi Sasuke" if you mean his first Shippuden outfit. I loved his genin outfit, his chunin exam outfit, didn't care for the first shippuden outfit but then once we get to the Itachi arc and he has the black sleeveless thing, he starts looking good again. His war outfit with the zipped up, high collar and short sleeves is dope as well.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That was a goddamn hype episode. Fantastic!

Also, it seems Sasuke was aware of the conversation between Boruto and Momoshiki?

Dr.Hadji

Apr 21, 2018
Holy Moses, that animation!! Idk about anyone else, but Sasuke not being a jerk to Naruto is the best. Father son moments between Naruto and Boruto is the second best.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this (actually) cool Sasuke gives some more attention to his wife and daughter. I was fine with his absence when I thought he was still abusive Sasuke. Now that he's cool, you better do some imprinting on your daughter!!
well his O clan mission is now on hold after Momo so he is going to be in the village from now on

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that was pretty good. Fun fight. Made me forget about all the baggage.

Now, back to ignoring the anime until another hyped up, well animated episode.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Even with that brilliantly choreographed episode I just can't get into Boruto anymore after how they've treated Sumire after her arc. She went from competent to sub-par straight away and I hate it.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I really like when momo was talking with Bort. There's something about it that I really like.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
I'm have hard time believing someone killed Naruto and Sasuke in the future after seeing this episode

Oct 25, 2017
Even with that brilliantly choreographed episode I just can't get into Boruto anymore after how they've treated Sumire after her arc. She went from competent to sub-par straight away and I hate it.

Phew! This is tea. How did she go from a legit threat to some side character. Her losing the chunin exams had me really bothered...

..but this episode was so lit, I just can't stop. This was such a great episode and I'm even more upset that the story is being set up where Naruto and Sasuke dies in the future...HOW SWAY?