• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Apparently Norio Matsumoto might also be animating in this episode? Would be insane if so. He's a legendary animator and the last time he showed up on the show proper was episode 167 of Shippuden iirc. Lately he's just been showing up in some of the OPs and the Boruto movie.
yeah I heard that he was going to be working on a future animation work with some of the people listed for this episode

so I am guessing that work/project is this episode (seeing as this tidbit of info was posted prior to these animators stating that they were going to animate the said episode)

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/1...en-beta-being-held-july-19-21-and-july-27-29/
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0700-CUSA13052_00-SHINOBISTRIKERB2

In case anyone here is interested, Bandai Namco is doing a second beta, open this time, for Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Strikers.
July 19 to July 21, then July 27 to July 29.
There are specific play times, in the links. If you had not tried out the game before this, this could be a good chance to get a feel for it and see if it's for you.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So the Jougan is an Ōtsutsuki thing, which we knew, but now we have explicit confirmation that Boruto's got strong Ōtsutsuki powers in him through Naruto and Hinata. Pretty crazy... I wonder what the implications of that will be?

Last edited:

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
This episode!!
WellgroomedWeightyAmurratsnake-max-1mb.gif

And that callback to the Zabuza fight.
Xflk6fz.gif

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
The epiode was great. I didnt expect Sasuke to be the one to stab the eye in the enemy's hand. I thought it would be Boruto. The scenes was well done.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah so I know earlier in the thread I said I wanted the TV crew to just re-use a bunch of the animation from the movie for this last fight.

Well that was a dumb idea, because holy shit.

I feel like someone needs to gif the entire first half of the freaking episode now.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
hyped! will watch in a few hours. I don't really follow Boruto that much, but I watch it here and there and read the manga. :)

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
I rewatched the fight again. Its cool to see the many of the details I missed in the first time I watched.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Insanely good episode. My favorite anime episode of 2018 without a doubt. I'll come back to this one regularly like I do Kakashi vs Obito and Naruto vs Sasuke Rematch. It's episodes like these that help me enjoy the god elements that have been added to Naruto because they serve the quality of the action very well. Kinda like they help make for really cool video games in the Storm franchise. I'd love a new Storm 4 DLC or a new Boruto Storm game with Ikemoto's take on Momoshiki. Man with how popular Boruto seems to be, I really hope we get more big games for it because it has some really good material for it.

And that callback to the Zabuza fight.
Xflk6fz.gif
Thank you so much for making a gif of this. From when Sasuke pulls out the scroll to the end of this part, it's probably my absolute favorite move in an anime fight this decade. It's so goddamn cool. I was screaming when Sasuke did the Rinnegan object switch after being chained.

Also, Adult Sasuke is the coolest and I shan't hear otherwise.
For those that want to watch it on CR

48Hour Guest Passes

VT7GKEXQ8LJ

UB3LYX8QX5X
Great idea man so I'll follow your example
XWYS8DBV9VC

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit. haven't seen the episode yet but I thought it would be impossible to top the movie version. That looks insane.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
holy shit the episode is so good, not just the action, but I think the emotional moment also have some weight. I guess this is like their 3rd draft of the same scenario after the movie and manga. this pick what's best from both and add a bit of their own too.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit the episode is so good, not just the action, but I think the emotional moment also have some weight. I guess this is like their 3rd draft of the same scenario after the movie and manga. this pick what's best from both and add a bit of their own too.
The father and son rasengan scene was done better here as well.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
"Guys, we need to outdo Cyberconnect this episode and live up to the manga, what should we do?"

"Bring in every single good animator you can find"

"But..."

fTTBLia.gif

Not complaining though, the animation this episode was incredible for a non movie show.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
I knew this episode was going to be good but daaaaaaamn that shit was ligit better than the movie version! Still think this is much better than Shippuden and rivals the OG anime. If they keep this up Boruto will be better than Naruto and I never thought that would happen.

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

That slip and counter. Boruto is probably going to have the best move set of the series when he gets his sword.

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
I really like Naruto's and Boruto's expression when they heard vanishing rasengan. I hope we will see more father and son moments in the future.

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
I feel like this is an Ip Man homage, but it might just be the punches and way Naruto blocks. Definitely feel like I've seen this sequence before, though.

Can't wait to watch this.
Well chengxhi huang who directed this episode is chinese and even posted a video of himself practicing wing chun https://www.instagram.com/p/BgTgNfzD2u-/?hl=en&taken-by=sekibeing

"Guys, we need to outdo Cyberconnect this episode and live up to the manga, what should we do?"

"Bring in every single good animator you can find"

"But..."

fTTBLia.gif

Not complaining though, the animation this episode was incredible for a non movie show.

From what I've been reading, sekibeing actually called up some of his animator friends like spencer wan(who worked on netflix's castlevania) to help out with the episode. Also while I don't have a twitter myself might be nice to send some thanks and appreciation to these guys on their twitter if possible

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Naruto always had the best fights in any anime/manga, glad to see that trend continuing.

No matter how bad Naruto got, the fights were always still entertaining.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch Boruto(loved Naruto & Shippuuden though) but my twitter was lit af so i had to check this out. WHEW. That was incredible, absolutely incredible.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, that was amazing in every sense of the word.

This was the real HxH Episode 131 of 2018 all along, my bad

Only gripe was how insanely contrived it was for the scientist to be the one responsible for giving the villain free chakra. Like COME ON dude.

Also between Naruto and now Boruto, anyone wanna remind/explain to me again why in the hell Minato, who is a prodigy, was unable to give Rasengan his own chakra nature?

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, that was amazing in every sense of the word.

This was the real HxH Episode 131 of 2018 all along, my bad

Only gripe was how insanely contrived it was for the scientist to be the one responsible for giving the villain free chakra. Like COME ON dude.

Also between Naruto and now Boruto, anyone wanna remind/explain to me again why in the hell Minato, who is a prodigy, was unable to give Rasengan his own chakra nature?
Boruto did it pretty easily. Naruto at least worked pretty hard for it at least and had to use a lot off shadow clone to do it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

The justification was that adding chakra nature to the Rasengan takes a long time and Minato was working on that but died before he could (I believe it took him 2ish years to create base Rasengan in the first place). Naruto adding nature makes sense because of they introduced the concept that Shadow Clones accelerate learning due to their experience being transferred to the original and Naruto having huge chakra reserves allowing him to summon thousands at once. But now that Boruto is doing it too, it does make it more problematic since both he and Minato are prodigies/geniuses/tensai/etc. but he can. Though I guess it could maybe be excused by Boruto doing it with no control and by accident whereas Naruto has more control over how his wind nature affects his Rasengan and Minato was probably working on doing it Naruto's way.

Or maybe Boruto is like Goten and so since he's a post-godhood baby, shit is way easier for him to the point of being trivial compared to the efforts of those who came before and adding nature to the Rasengan is like that. Cause the kid can use 3 different chakra elements already despite only being a Genin, even though that's high-level Jonin territory.

Edit: Or maybe it's due to how comfortable they are with using their elements. Cause Boruto uses elemental chakra in his jutsu very often to the point where it's maybe just instinct for him whereas we see Minato as a kid, Jonin and Hokage and not once does he use one of the elements he has (which are apparently Fire, Wind and Lightning, according to a Databook).

Last edited:

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
Originally, Naruto was only able to apply Nature Transformation to his Rasengan by using two Kage Bunshin to split it amongst three separate steps in its formation, because he thought of it as looking in two directions at the same time. A TON of chakra had to be kneaded and split amongst himself and the two Kage Bunshin to accomplish this, which is why Kakashi said this was a method that would be impossible for him, or Minato.

When he started making Rasenshuriken without Kage Bunshin once he gained Kyūbi Chakra Mode, he was using two additional chakra arms in place of the Kage Bunshin. When he gained Bijū Mode, he didn't even need the additional chamra arms—though it could be possible that Kurama's cooperation, or use of natural energy could have played a part... THEN he was shown making Rasenshuriken single handedly without any Bijü chakra, or Senjutsu in the movie, and everybody's just confused. NOW Boruto is just being made out to be this lil' super prodigy, and has so little difficulty applying Nature Transformation to his Rasengan, that he does it subconsciously. And then everybody just gives up trying to reason how this supposedly impossibly difficult process of kneading chakra is being simplified.

... ANYWAYS, episode 65 was pretty great.