• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pez2k

Apr 21, 2018
I remember thinking the idea of Boris as PM was too absurd a reality and yet here we are

plenty of other morons ready to fail upwards

The stage is set for Prime Minister Grayling then, the patron saint of failing upwards.

Perhaps it could just be Gavin Williamson instead - with his career so far just being an endless streak of everyone screaming at him to resign, he'd be well suited as Tory leader...

Oct 27, 2017
There's a ready supply of morons, but I'd be more worried about someone competent, sleek, but morally bankrupt - i.e. Sunak - stepping up instead.

Sunak will be played more closely to the election. I'd put money on a Sunak v Starmer election.

There's enough time for at least one but probably two Brexit punch bags before then. A couple of dispensable bodies to absorb the shit that's coming. They'll put Sunak forward for the next election as some sort of economic saviour to recover from our self imposed and upcoming destitution. And people will lap it up, obviously.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
He still looks sick AF. Maybe didn't realise the job would require actual work.

Haven't you seen his response? He lost weight! Whenever a patient loses weight during or after an infection my colleagues an I always high five and say, great, he/she is losing weight, what a great sign that everything is fine!

If he fucks off, though, I hope he fucks off into the sun.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but the post said the highest since 1979 when the highest was 2017 before that? I've had a beer though so maybe I'm just tripping
I said 2019 was the highest since 1979 because 2019 was the highest since 1979. It'd be weird to say it was the highest since 2017, since it was higher than that.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You honestly think the English population would vote for Sunak, I get he is living off, hey that posh bloke gives us free money but that will be gone and he isn't white.

As for Boris, he is lazy, wants to run away when the shit hits the fan, it was always going to happen. Shame how screwed we are regardless, I fear what comes next.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Boris has been plagued by rumours for months, well before COVID hit.

-- He was absent for a week or two because he had a black eye, which was a result of his missus cracking him in the face after hearing he'd been with another woman.

-- The latest baby, the one with his fiancee, isn't actually his at all.

I have no doubt that the rumours of his ill health (apparently very ill if you believe some of the chatter) are true given that many have had long lasting side effects after being treated in intensive care for the virus which he of course was.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how legitimately I should view this.

It sounds like nonsense, but (despite their slant) I still see The Times as pretty reliable in terms of reporting.

I just hope we don't get Gove.

Fake Edit:

ffs

Although it sounds like Gove/Murdoch are chums.

Gove feels like it'd be a step backward for the party - he's not a 'man of the people' like Boris is pushed as.

Still think it'll be Sunak.

Last edited:

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Aw poorly Boris

My cup overfloweth with sympathy for the man who knowingly shook hands with Covid patients, missed nearly every important briefing and has displayed a general disregard for every human not in the Tory cabinet since he took the office.

I can't be glad though because we'll either get Panto Villain Patel, Part-Time Waiter Cunt Sunak or Robot Coke Frog Gove.

Fuck them all

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It'll be Priti Patel who gets the job if Boris goes. Not sure if the IRA should come back or not in that case

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Gove would be an improvement on Boris.

Disgusting to say, but accurate. He'd also be more vulnerable as he has no charm.

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
Called this months ago, the man has failed upwards all his life. He's basically honoured his brother, a racist cricketer and the councillor in charge during the Grenfell tragedy, pushed through a load of dodgy deals and stripped the country for his mates. The man is a fucking charlatan and when the grandson of Winston Churchill talks sense and openly slates this shithouse PR machine of a government you know your country is destined for the bin. And I say that as a lefty. The fact Cummings is pulling all the strings is terrifying.

We don't have a government at the moment, just a bunch of yes men and televangelists, the people who voted in this shower who constantly bang on about claimants and immigrants will hopefully get what they deserve. Good luck signing on

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gove is one of those loons who likes to break things and has some mad ideas for new society that always fail. You don't want Gove.

He has been chums with Murdoch for ages, probably one of his many inside men.

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
good old boris, bravely hanging on to deliver brexit means brexit before fucking off

fuck this country

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
If true, it follows the grand UK tradition of fucking shit up and then leaving, to have someone else pick up the mess.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
If this happens, that will mean since 2016 we have had four Prime Ministers in 5 years. That's freaking crazy and a sad state of affairs all by itself.

So much for Strong And Stable. Our country's a laughing stock.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 84-year-old baronet, father of Cummings' wife, Mary, told visitor Anna Silverman Johnson was still struggling badly after having coronavirus and would step down in six months, according to a report in the Times.

Destroy your lungs to own the libs. The story of BoJo.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the Cameron strategy. Dropping a big turd on the country and letting everyone else clean it up.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure how legitimately I should view this.

It sounds like nonsense, but (despite their slant) I still see The Times as pretty reliable in terms of reporting.

I just hope we don't get Gove.

Fake Edit:

ffs

Although it sounds like Gove/Murdoch are chums.

Gove feels like it'd be a step backward for the party - he's not a 'man of the people' like Boris is pushed as.

Still think it'll be Sunak.
Sunak has his race against him which is a problem when your heading the party of racists. He'd be fine if the election was next year or the one after his positive momentum would last that long but 4 years from now in deep depression I'm not sure the country will be so happy with the brown immigrant who helped cause the mess.

Oct 26, 2017
After the May saga, we've got to stop pretending that the Tories are ruthless.

They'll still put power above anything else. Their ruthlessness is definitely overplayed but their number one priority is always power, and considering Johnson's ongoing shitshow it wouldn't surprise me if they were lining up someone to replace him as soon as the public mood turns. The thing is the public are fucking stupid and apparently the mood hasn't really shifted despite said shitshow so who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
Some deep irony in that he appears to have contracted a chronic and long lasting illness that has seemingly impaired him so severely a few short months after a landslide election.

He had all but guaranteed himself the lasting legacy of a triumphant Tory leader that he so desperately wanted for decades, he may now struggle to pass May's term in office.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
They'll still put power above anything else. Their ruthlessness is definitely overplayed but their number one priority is always power, and considering Johnson's ongoing shitshow it wouldn't surprise me if they were lining up someone to replace him as soon as the public mood turns. The thing is the public are fucking stupid and apparently the mood hasn't really shifted despite said shitshow so who knows.
Yes, UK democracy is basically a one-party system where the public is naive enough to believe in changing the leader of the ruling party will be enough for real change rather than change the governing party itself. I'll never get over the Northern voters voting Tory for the first time in their lives after 10 years of Tory rule because "they wanted change".

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, UK democracy is basically a one-party system where the public is naive enough to believe in changing the leader of the ruling party will be enough for real change rather than change the governing party itself. I'll never get over the Northern voters voting Tory for the first time in their lives after 10 years of Tory rule because "they wanted change".

They wanted Brexit surely, that's what did it right? The election was very much framed around that. I still assume people think the 'other' are to blame for the woes, not Tories or Labour.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
They wanted Brexit surely, that's what did it right? The election was very much framed around that. I still assume people think the 'other' are to blame for the woes, not Tories or Labour.
Yes. Sadly the Tories won the culture wars decisively in the last election to the point that working-class people felt they could trust Boris and his cronies more than leftist Labour just because they would 'get Brexit done' (puking).

This is why I don't believe this rumour will eventually become real because he has such a big ego to ever quit before the end of this term at least. But I want to be wrong!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think they all know Brexit will be a shit show, it's the robbery that they are interested in. Boris may hang around to make money but that's it.

Oct 26, 2017

A lot of those northern voters didn't really change their vote to tory though - they voted ukip or bnp before that. You can look at election results in the "red wall" places and really the 2019 results weren't a sudden shift, it was gradual and that consolidation pact that farage did helped shift them over. It was only 5 years ago when ukip got just short of 4 million votes.

Last edited:

pauljeremiah

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
Someone worse will take charge.

29f193e374584301d56377413c981f88_w200.gif

or

3188.jpg

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Patel also went to Murdoch's wedding which kinda tells you what he is planning keeping those people close.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Gove is one of those loons who likes to break things and has some mad ideas for new society that always fail. You don't want Gove.

He has been chums with Murdoch for ages, probably one of his many inside men.
While the phrase "you can tell a man by how he claps" isn't a thing, for Gove it actually is. Guy is a fucking grade-A weirdo. God help us all if he ever has the chair. Also corrupt to hell and back, just see the PPE procurement bullshit.

Oct 26, 2017
I read a while back in the FT that Murdoch was potentially planning a UK news channel, e.g. something like fox uk. I saw more rumours about it yesterday. If that happens we're boned. It cannot be stated how much Murdoch's backing sways elections in this country. Blair managed it by literally getting into the family.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Should watch the three part documentary 'The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty '. Absolute poison to the world.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I read a while back in the FT that Murdoch was potentially planning a UK news channel, e.g. something like fox uk. I saw more rumours about it yesterday. If that happens we're boned. It cannot be stated how much Murdoch's backing sways elections in this country. Blair managed it by literally getting into the family.

They did axe Fox in the UK, can't remember if it was because it was literally fake news or so he could buy Sky TV. I'm not sure if he would come back but the way people are being suckered he would probably win. I don't think people give a crap about news much, they might read a rag like his newspapers or the other trash and maybe the news on occasion but tuning into a Fox like channel, I don't see it.