• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This kind of post can eat my arse. We're an unequal union where England gets to push and shove all it wants while the other 3 nations have to hobble along with it. We aren't federalised, so a lot of our decisions here in Scotland come down to how England feels about things. The Barnett formula is one of the greatest examples of this. How the hell can you expect us to really accept that we should only get a fractional amount of dosh for our services because England decides to spend X on its own services? Its controversial to even shake it up because its either going to reveal that Scotland brings in a shitload more tax than it gets back, or that Scotland is a leech on English resources.

Seriously, take a look at how things actually get decided in the UK instead of just going "hurr durr you get so many seats in parliament". Those seats mean fuck all in the end.

It's a fraction where the numerator is larger than the denominator. But that's not the point. I'm not (in this thread) denying the argument for independence. I'm denying that the electoral system is the cause of any perceived inequality. It is not. And it was not I who brought it up.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wasn't Johnson on record blasting trump and his politics? I'm surprised trump would give him that much praise after that lol

Oct 25, 2017
It is fascinating to be living in a time where we are knowledgeably democratically electing idiots. Like there have been a ton of idiots in power in monarchal systems and what not, but this is just next level embarrassing.

The thing is though. Only 0.35% of the electorate voted this clown in. So basically a tiny percent of the population is electing this shitbag into office. There's nothing democratic about it and there needs to be a GE yesterday.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Well then May's deal was the best deal because there was no way that the EU was going to both improve the benefits and lower the downsides.

This idea that any deal is possible if only someone is 'good enough' at it is like the "lazy devs!" rhetoric you see on Gaming Side. It just completely ignores what deals actually are.
And that we are gonna have to use EU rules to trade with the EU, ofcourse we'll slash everything for trump but our businesses will still need to follow eu rules to continue to trade with the EU, deal or no deal.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I kinda think of him in his £25,000 peasants shed or whatever the fuck it is, he did fuck all for this country of any worth.
Ah yes the shed that he got to write his book. Which has been pushed back like 5 times, God knows how many ghost writers and editors have tried to make him look good in it.

Oct 27, 2017
God damnit, I mean Hunt wouldn't have been any better but this is literally the worst we could possibly hope for. A man who stood for Brexit thinking full well it was going to lose; as soon as Brexit won he ran off and hid somewhere because he knew full well it was never going to work, waited for everyone else in his party to fuck everything completely so no matter what he did if he got PM there was no way he could ever do a good job and now he's the head of state in the UK. Unbelievable. I'm amazed at how much an idiot of his magnitude can somehow fall up to the very top, it doesn't even make any sense.

We're going to crash out of the EU with no deal and he doesn't have the balls to cancel Brexit. We're fucked.
Of everything, this is the part that gets me most. It may not have gone exactly the route he wanted, but ultimately all his plans worked...

Fuck the rest of the country and what it means for us, Boris Johnson's scheming finally got him what he wanted — Prime Minister.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes the shed that he got to write his book. Which has been pushed back like 5 times, God knows how many ghost writers and editors have tried to make him look good in it.
And the circle is complete as a committee of writers reaches a consensus that fucking a pig was indeed the highlight of his career.

Ethical Hedonism

Permanent ban for creating alt account to troll.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still in shock that this uber doofus is now the highest ranking officer in the UK (besides the royal family but that is another thing as they don't do anything of substance)
Ppl should be storming Westminster as ppl should be storming the White House and Brasilia and Manila and Rome and Budapest and and and

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You gotta feel good about the EU in this one.

It's like seeing an Ex end up with a loser and hating life.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So will Boris actually do a hard Brexit? Can he do it w/out Parliment? I know May couldn't get a deal done, I imagine Boris isn't going to get one done that Parliment agrees to so if he just lets the hard Brexit date come, can he force it?

If he can't then I imagine this is going to be the same merry go round that May was officiating where no one wants to make a decision and you guys just keep delaying it. (Which given the option of delay or hard Brexit, delay is obviously the better choice)

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait for the swearing in.

XGd7XQF.gif

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any aliens smart enough to master interstellar travel would have looked at this shower of bastards and gone 'nah'

I'd like to think that for aliens, earth would be that shitty rural planet with the one unique feature of our sun and moon looking like they were equal in size from earth's ground level, and aliens would only want to visit to see our unique solar eclipse.

It would be on our intergalactic tourist trap sign. Come see the even eclipse. Don't feed the locals.

Oct 31, 2017
I'd like to think that for aliens, earth would be that shitty rural planet with the one unique feature of our sun and moon looking like they were equal in size from earth's ground level, and aliens would only want to visit to see our unique solar eclipse.

It would be on our intergalactic tourist trap sign. Come see the even eclipse. Don't feed the locals.

"The Hyperspatial Tourist Authority wishes you a pleasant visit to the Wart system (locally known as Sol). Please be advised that connecting to local audiovisual transmissions may cause hysteria and/or suicidal despair in most known forms of biological life and certain information lifeforms. ANY ATTEMPT to contact or remove local life of the Wart (sol) system is grounds for IMMEDIATE DESTRUCTION of the offending vessel and a volume surrounding it of up to a light second as per Galactic Regulation 2889658: Containment of virulent/insane/excessionary life forms and their associated mediaforms"

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I can't wait until Scheer somehow giggles his way into the Prime Ministership here, as well.

andrew-scheer-1-2.png

Somebody should start a GoFundMe to create a portal to the dimension that mirrors this one.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
PM Boris is a damning indictment of our politics. A racist, homophobic liar who gags the media or uses it to stir shit when it suits him. A priviledged, conniving thug for whom the highest office in the land is a plaything. A dark day.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I can't wait until Scheer somehow giggles his way into the Prime Ministership here, as well.

andrew-scheer-1-2.png

Somebody should start a GoFundMe to create a portal to the dimension that mirrors this one.
What... What's with the milk?

Reminds me of when those Wisconsin(I think) reps said pasteurization was Big govt red tape and then poisoned themselves with unpasteurised milk to try and make their point.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
wasn't Johnson on record blasting trump and his politics? I'm surprised trump would give him that much praise after that lol

Mr Johnson had previously called the businessman "clearly out of his mind", accused him of "quite stupefying ignorance" that makes him "unfit for office" and said he would not visit New York because of the "real risk of meeting Donald Trump".

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
What... What's with the milk?

Reminds me of when those Wisconsin(I think) reps said pasteurization was Big govt red tape and then poisoned themselves with unpasteurised milk to try and make their point.

Regressive ideas and pandering, of course! The most recent version of the Canada Food Guide replaced milk with water, so of course he declared that it "seems to be ideologically-driven by people who have a philosophical perspective" and who have a "bias" against milk.

Of course, he brought a prop because conservatives love their props.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Regressive ideas and pandering, of course! The most recent version of the Canada Food Guide replaced milk with water, so of course he declared that it "seems to be ideologically-driven by people who have a philosophical perspective" and who have a "bias" against milk.

Of course, he brought a prop because conservatives love their props.
We live in the dumbest timeline possible.

shacklecat

Nov 14, 2017
To all the Americans laughing at us: hey, at least Boris wasn't democratically elected.

I'm just not entirely convinced that he won't win the inevitable GE later this year. Then you can laugh at us.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure someone else already pointed it out, but it's truly amazing how

1) Boris was one of the biggest proponents of Brexit, causing this whole mess;
2) Theresa May's job was to fix that mess;
3) she lost her job because she failed to fix it;
4) Boris then gets her job.

Really can't make this shit up.
He's quite the Macchiawalli.