• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoadRunnerXS

Avenger
Mar 10, 2019
United States
I've already beaten BL2 four times and BL:TPS twice, but it was a long time ago. Maybe it's time for another play-through of all of them, especially since I've never played the first.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
So while I was able to download the games on xbox and the store says I can play it, I'm not able to launch the games.

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
Wow. The Handsome collection on Steam is dirt cheap. Just noticed that.

Think I'll pick it up for my son for some coop action.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Reminder for PC players. There's an easy tweak that stops the loading textures effect in the game. Makes the game look better and more polished. Zero performance hit too.

The tweak got reset after the update for me, which is why I bring it up. MAkes a tremendous change in the presentation. Seeing those textures load is terrible.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder for PC players. There's an easy tweak that stops the loading textures effect in the game. Makes the game look better and more polished. Zero performance hit too.

The tweak got reset after the update for me, which is why I bring it up. MAkes a tremendous change in the presentation. Seeing those textures load is terrible.

what's the tweak?

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
So, I'm kinda confused. Just brought the Handsome Collection on Steam, and redeemed the ultra HD textures.

Does it just play with the new textures by default, do I have to toggle them or what?

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

notepad "C:\Users%username%\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\Config\Willowengine.ini"

[Search for the following by going to Edit, then Find or (control+f)]

MipFadeInSpeed0=0.3

[Change to] MipFadeInSpeed0=0

MipFadeInSpeed1=2.0

[Change to] MipFadeInSpeed1=0

Note:

It's slightly different in the remaster. The file location is the same (C:\Users\[username]\Documents\my games\Borderlands Game of the Year\WillowGame\Config\WillowEngine.ini), but you're looking for MipLevelFadingInRate and MipLevelFadingOutRate.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

That sounds good, could you link it?

EDIT: Thanks :P

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I wonder if the pack downloads and works fine on Linux, since Borderlands 2 and TPS each have a native build...

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
notepad "C:\Users%username%\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\Config\Willowengine.ini"

MipFadeInSpeed0=0.3

MipFadeInSpeed1=2.0

oh shit cool

I'm gonna guess it's not the same for Pre-Sequel? Can't find that in the ini file..

edit:I guess they baked it in for the game in pre-sequel as a setting

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

MipFadeInSpeed0=0.3

MipFadeInSpeed1=2.0

It's slightly different in the remaster. The file location is the same (C:\Users\[username]\Documents\my games\Borderlands Game of the Year\WillowGame\Config\WillowEngine.ini), but you're looking for MipLevelFadingInRate and MipLevelFadingOutRate.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
For some reason Borderlands could never hold my attention. Tried to start this game 3 or 4 times over the years and I never put more than 4 hours into a single play-through.

Might have to try again with this update, not sure why it loses me.

Deleted member 12129

Oct 27, 2017

This is for the BL1 GotY Enhanced version that released to day I assume?

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019

MipFadeInSpeed0=0.3

MipFadeInSpeed1=2.0

Note:
How does this differ from the in-game setting of "Texture Fade-in: Off"?

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I just booted up Borderlands 2 on my PS4 Pro, and immediately I can tell that these gun textures are nice and sharper than they were before.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This game has aged just as well as Burnout: Paradise, and the new textures (like the wanted posters) are crazy detailed. The framerate holds up well from what I've played, minus some obnoxious loading hitches if you're speeding through the areas. I fired up my LVL 41 zer0 to finally complete Captain Scarlet's story (meh) and started TVHM with my LVL 37 Gaige. So much content to tuck back into before the release of 3.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oddly enough, that update also changed how Angel shows up on the screen. Wonder why they bothered with that.
fGV0tLl.jpg

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Hmm so I checked the DLC section on main menu on my PS4 Pro and it says the Ultra HD pack is downloaded but not installed? I let it take me to the store and it says installed there

How can I confirm if the pack is actually installed or not????

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Looks great on Pro, honestly impressed. Just wish we knew the actual res and frame rate comparison between that and the X version.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of, should I skip BL1? I'm enjoying it but my friends are recommending that I play BL2 instead because it's much better. I'm worried that I'd burn out on BL by the time I get to BL2.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of, should I skip BL1? I'm enjoying it but my friends are recommending that I play BL2 instead because it's much better. I'm worried that I'd burn out on BL by the time I get to BL2.

Listen to your friends. There's really nothing worth revisiting in BL1, except for the origins of tragic hero Claptrap.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How can I confirm in game that I have the texture pack installed in game? I downloaded it on Xbox

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm so I checked the DLC section on main menu on my PS4 Pro and it says the Ultra HD pack is downloaded but not installed? I let it take me to the store and it says installed there

How can I confirm if the pack is actually installed or not????
At PS4 OS menu go to the game, press options button on the Dualshock and select Information, at "Installed Add-Ons" select View.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
The improvement to overall environment quality from the UHD textures on PC is kind of blowing me away.

This almost feels like a BL2.5