• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Patch 1.05 downloading now on PS4.

The texture pack is a separate download from the PS Store:

D3PAGgxX4AMQz0O.jpg:large

The Ultra HD Texture Pack is a free visual upgrade available to both new and existing product owners. On PlayStation 4 Pro, the texture pack will appear as downloadable content on the digital product page for Borderlands: The Handsome Collection. On PC and Xbox One X, players will have the option to download the texture pack for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 2 separately.

On consoles, the Ultra HD Texture Pack includes:
  • 4K Ultra HD resolution and HDR for Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro players
  • Remastered 4K environment textures, including geometry and skyboxes
  • Remastered 4K characters and vehicles
  • Updated weapon meshes and textures
  • Re-encoded 4K Cinematics
  • Improved Anti-Aliasing, including improved edge line implementation
    • This includes improved ink line definition and framing/outline around character models
  • Higher Resolution Dynamic Shadows
    • Improved quality and smoothness of shadows, especially during movement
On PC, the Ultra HD Texture Pack includes:
  • Remastered 4K environment textures, including geometry and skyboxes
  • Remastered 4K characters and vehicles
  • Remastered 4K weapon meshes and textures
  • Improved Anti-Aliasing, including improved edge line implementation
    • This includes improved ink line definition and framing/outline around character models
  • Higher Resolution Dynamic Shadows
    • Improved quality and smoothness of shadows, especially during movement
  • Improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
    • An improved SSAO method for more realistic ambient lighting
Please note that some of the above visual improvements are automatically enabled when the Texture Pack is installed. There is no need to manually enable them in the in-game Video settings menu.

Last edited:

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The Ultra HD texture pack is also an add on you need to download off the online store (PSN, in my case), just so nobody gets confused

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Rolling out on consoles now, will be rolling out on PC @ 10AM PT/1PM ET

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I triple dipped on BL2 (Xbone, PC, PS4) but i never played the Pre-Sequel. Perfect opportunity, i guess.

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
Pc doesn't include couch coop in this update. Shit.

Guess I gotta pick up an Xbox version on the weekend!

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the Handsome Collection last week in anticipation for this. Any impressions for consoles?

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
On Xbox One X:

Borderlands 2 Base Patch: 4.71GB
Borderlands 2 UHD Texture Pack: 7.66GB
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Base Patch: 17.12GB
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel UHD texture Pack: 7.08GB

Total update size: 36.57GB

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I hope these fix some performance on pc as well, as I've been having horrible framerate issues with both BL 2 and the pre sequel since launch. These were some atrocious ports.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I'm happy to buy the Borderlands 1 GOTY new version since it wasn't part of the handsome collection and I don't own the original, but I don't see that or the HD pack on steam yet. Maybe it hasn't all been updated yet?

Apr 25, 2018
My god does this game produce wonderful HDR, the IQ now and frame rate seems on point as well! PS4 Pro + Sony X900F

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope these fix some performance on pc as well, as I've been having horrible framerate issues with both BL 2 and the pre sequel since launch. These were some atrocious ports.
It's not a port lol.

The problem is the games as it is isn't compatible with new gpus. Turning off the black lines via config solves the issue.

I'm hoping the UHD pack solves this problem.

Oct 30, 2017

I bought Borderlands 2 on a steam sale last year and the game was u playable for me with all the weird frame pacing issues and screen tearing I was getting. No setting fixed those for me :(

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was there a demo for this on Xbox or was it ever on Gold?

I'm on the Xbox app on my phone and there's just an Install button and no buy option for the game (not the texture packs, the actual game).

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's not a port lol.

The problem is the games as it is isn't compatible with new gpus. Turning off the black lines via config solves the issue.

I'm hoping the UHD pack solves this problem.

Sorry, you are correct, they were not ported. I'll give disabling the outlines a go. Disabling physx and a million other ini tweaks have sadly not helped. Thanks for the tip!
*Quick edit* not at home ATM, so unable to check. I'll update when I can if it helped.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
So on the pro BL2 was 1080p and 60fps. Any word on what this 4k pack does to performance? Do we get new display options, like choosing performance or resolution modes?

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm super confused on my xbox one. I was just looking to see if the handsome collection is on sale, I've never purchased it. The xbox app on my phone says I can install the game. It also says it was "purchased 12/31/18". Was this game free with gold or something at some point? I just looked through my Microsoft order history and I never purchased it.

So uh, how was I just able to push the install to my xbox?

EDIT: Also on the xbox website, when I view the handsome collection it says "With gold, play it now, or buy it to own". What does that mean? Is this a trial or something? On December 31st I did renew my xbox gold account via the console.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I played the first two and loved them but honestly don't remember much about the second one. For those who have played both is 2 better than 1? I have a lot of nostalgia for 1 but if 2 is a better game I might pick up this collection over the 1 remaster

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm super confused on my xbox one. I was just looking to see if the handsome collection is on sale, I've never purchased it. The xbox app on my phone says I can install the game. It also says it was "purchased 12/31/18". Was this game free with gold or something at some point? I just looked through my Microsoft order history and I never purchased it.

So uh, how was I just able to push the install to my xbox?

EDIT: Also on the xbox website, when I view the handsome collection it says "With gold, play it now, or buy it to own". What does that mean? Is this a trial or something? On December 31st I did renew my xbox gold account via the console.
Yeah I'm seeing the "with gold, play it or buy it to own" as well online. Wonder if it's a free trial thing this week?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Booyah! I always meant to dig deeper into the Handsome Collection (particularly the Pre-Sequel.) BL2 is an embarrassment of riches compared to every other shlooter that followed. Hell, there are probably more unique "wacky" guns in BL2 than in all of the Destiny games combined (not counting the bajillions of randomized guns.)

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
Sorry, you are correct, they were not ported. I'll give disabling the outlines a go. Disabling physx and a million other ini tweaks have sadly not helped. Thanks for the tip!
*Quick edit* not at home ATM, so unable to check. I'll update when I can if it helped.
What GPU do you have? I've played BL2 across several systems, from an RX 560 to a GTX 1660TI. Never had any performance problems, there was some frame pacing issues that Rivatuner with a max set of 60fps ironed out though.