• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Copy and paste from the Borderlands Discord. You can do the below to quickly get 10 golden keys. I just did it, only need to link 2K and Twitch to get the 1500 points needed to redeem the 10 keys.
Thanks for the heads-up. Went ahead and signed up, got my keys.

Also, is there a link to the Discord by chance?

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
The screen tearing is quite jarring, so I'm debating whether or not to carry on, or wait until they fix it. Will they though, I'm wondering. Otherwise it looks superb.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Anywhere know the cheapest legit place get a PC key for Borderlands 1 that works in EU? Everywhere seems quite overpriced now, i remember seeing BL1 for like £5 in places, and i'm led to believe just having the old version will get you the upgrade?

Also, i already own BL2 and TPS separately on steam, will those get any upgrades or do i actually need this "handsome pack"

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Anywhere know the cheapest legit place get a PC key for Borderlands 1 that works in EU? Everywhere seems quite overpriced now, i remember seeing BL1 for like £5 in places, and i'm led to believe just having the old version will get you the upgrade?

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/borderlands-steam-key--1290-1

Also, i already own BL2 and TPS separately on steam, will those get any upgrades or do i actually need this "handsome pack"

https://store.steampowered.com/app/941170/Borderlands_2_Ultra_HD_Texture_Pack/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/941180/Borderlands_The_PreSequel_Ultra_HD_Texture_Pack/

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing how much of a difference the minimap makes for not getting lost in Borderlands 1

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Cheers bud, i found this stuff a little confusing, the base version gets all the DLC too as of this upgrade I think. I don't see the point in buying the way more expensive version then if thats the case

Yeah, shortly before the remaster released, the DLC was added to standard edition licences. You'll notice that the original release is now listed as "Borderlands GOTY" in your library.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
PS4 folks who aren't able to play co-op online, this method worked: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/261123-borderlands-game-of-the-year-edition/77613405/919982664

The beginning of the instructions didn't make sense at first. The poster doesn't mention that you have to be invited by the other player.

So this is what it looks like:

*The intended host will need two controllers and a second PSN account on their PS4 (plus is not required for the second account).

1. The intended host starts a game
2. The intended host joins their own session in split screen with the second user/controller
3. A player who wants to join the session online sends an invite to the intended host
4. The intended host accepts the invite through the PS4's OS while the second user/controller are still in their active lobby
5. The connection to the other player will fail
6. The intended host starts another game, this time just hanging out in the lobby
7. The intended host joins their own lobby with the second user/controller
8. The intended host sends an invite to the online player who's game they just failed to join
9. The other player accepts the invite and should appear in the intended host's lobby
10. The intended host can have the second user/controller quit
11. Start the game

Unfortunately this only works for 2 players co-op. Anyone else who tries to join the game in progress will still time out.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Played about two more hours of this. I'm super unimpressed with the PS4 port. Framerate seems to have the odd dip every so often and the screen tearing is seriously making me contemplate just dropping it until it's fixed.

Compared to BL2/TPS in the Handsome collection, this port job was really subpar.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Played about two more hours of this. I'm super unimpressed with the PS4 port. Framerate seems to have the odd dip every so often and the screen tearing is seriously making me contemplate just dropping it until it's fixed.

Compared to BL2/TPS in the Handsome collection, this port job was really subpar.

Was jumping into this thread for the first time to see how it was on PS4. That...sounds pretty rough. Screen tearing is the worst.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Having fun with this; waiting for the Div2 update. I only beat BL1 like twice (BL2 like 10+ times), and haven't played it in awhile so I forgot a lot of the game. Main reason I'm playing again is for the DLC.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Hey guys. Is anyone having problems joining a friend in co op on PS4? I have been trying to play with my friend for the past hour but I just won't connect. We always get connection timed out error

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys. Is anyone having problems joining a friend in co op on PS4? I have been trying to play with my friend for the past hour but I just won't connect. We always get connection timed out error
Match making is messed up. It sounds like quite a few people are experiencing this. See my method posted above to get online co-op going with two players.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Well that sucks, I specifically bought the handsome Jack collection on sale on Steam after watching the trailer for the Borderlands 1 enhanced version. it showed four-player split-screen and everything which made me think that this release might have actually included that feature on all the games as their console cousins already do.

Much to my disappointment I see that it doesn't and even though I'm content with the purchase, it leaves me disappointed based on just that little part of the trailer hoping there would be local split screen in the PC version finally.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Ugh I'm getting constant hard crashes right after talking to Dr. Zed for the first time...

Other than that I'm getting 45ish FPS on my Intel card so I'm not upset, textures look muchhhh improved - but holy hell is this game CPU bound, running it at 1080p or 720p does nothing for the framerate (and my shitty Macbook Pro i5 can't keep up :( )

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I've already passed the point when I stopped playing 10 years ago. Seems like I only played for less than 5 hours back then.

So this is basically my first every playthrough, and I'm enjoying it a lot.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hey does anyone knows what the recommended levels for the DLCs are?
Copy and paste from the Borderlands Discord. You can do the below to quickly get 10 golden keys. I just did it, only need to link 2K and Twitch to get the 1500 points needed to redeem the 10 keys.
How do I get the keys after getting them in the site? I have them in my shift profile but I don't see how to get them.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Hey does anyone knows what the recommended levels for the DLCs are?

How do I get the keys after getting them in the site? I have them in my shift profile but I don't see how to get them.
Once you've redeemed them on the site, just need to login to the game and go into Extras then Shift and should see them redeemed. Then go to the gold chest and should have them to open.

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked but if I buy this version will I be able to use my old saves or do I have to start a whole new game?

Thanks in advance

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
After how much of a broken mess The Handsome Collection was at launch and how long it took them to finally fix it I thought surely this would launch in a good state. Not sure why really I'm surprised it's a tearing mess on the X. Not going to give them money for this when it's the second time they've done a bad remaster in this series

Deleted member 38397

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
This game seems to be somewhat buggy as well. I started a new character, Roland, got him all the way to Dr Zed in Fyrestone and saved/quit the game. When I loaded back to continue, I was placed outside Fyrestone with Claptrap handing me the ECHO device again and had to do all that bit over even though I was level 2. Bizarro.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
I found opening ports on my router worked both me and my mate opened the same ports then we were able to play together pretty much all day even reconnecting after he came back from going out.
PS4 version

Deleted member 38397

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
The legendary weapons only show up for a newly created character. You don't get them for importing a last gen save. At least, that's how it worked for me.

Is this a one-time only thing? If if imported a character as the very first thing I did and played it, have I lost my chance at keys/weapons? I can't get anything to show up. I played BL2 and TPS and the latter got 3 keys but nothing for BL1 even after creating a new character.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Played it now for a bit on Xbox One X and I'm super surprised on how f'n good it looks. For the most part, you could really think this could be a new game from 2019. Only the UI and menus still look a bit aged. Most textures are in such a high quality and super sharp detailed. Absolute surprised by this.

Performance so far up to level 6 was great. No tearing so far or performance drops. Just 3-4 1 millisecond hanger, like a skipped frame, in around 2 hours playtime. Besides that, absolute fantastic.

Z00ha4r.png

Oh one negative thing. The sound is like ass in pre rendered cutscenes. Like really tinny. No idea what happened here.

Deleted member 4044

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played it now for a bit on Xbox One X and I'm super surprised on how f'n good it looks. For the most part, you could really think this could be a new game from 2019. Only the UI and menus still look a bit aged. Most textures are in such a high quality and super sharp detailed. Absolute surprised by this.

Performance so far up to level 6 was great. No tearing so far or performance drops. Just 3-4 1 millisecond hanger, like a skipped frame, in around 2 hours playtime. Besides that, absolute fantastic.

Z00ha4r.png

Oh one negative thing. The sound is like ass in pre rendered cutscenes. Like really tinny. No idea what happened here.

Is it 4K/60 on the One X?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
if anyone isn't feeling it, go lilith

best character by far from an objective standpoint and all her movement related skills help reduce the downtime massively - especially if you've already beaten the game once

also there's a skill calculator on 87bazillion.com

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the game for the first time even though I've previously played it before in PS3 and PC. Auto-pick up and the mini-map made this a much more enjoyable experience.

I am curious however, by my last few hours the textures seemed to load in really slow so everything looks really bad, has anyone else encountered this on PS4? Not even character models seems to have their textures properly loaded.