• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 21, 2017
Yipes, just realized how scarce this game was. Can't even order the PS4 version from the 2K website. Should I wait for a reprint or just bite the bullet on Gamestop's shipping?

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone able to get multiplayer working on PS4? Haven't been able to join any sessions all evening.

Also having imported a character from the PS3 version, I don't seem to have the option to use that character in anything other than offline mode.
I don't think they've flipped the matchmaking switch yet. My friend and I spent 30 minutes trying to get into random sessions. Just times out. Probably affecting the character import feature as well.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Playing this again after a few years has quickly reminded me how much I love Borderlands as a series, but damn is there a lot of running backwards and forwards in this one's opening.

Also, is anyone else experiencing an issue with enemy sound effects not distancing themselves correctly? I'll hear skags 20m away as if they're right next to me. Could well be my headset setup. This is with dynamic range set to low or medium as high seems to drop all bass.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Playing this again after a few years has quickly reminded me how much I love Borderlands as a series, but damn is there a lot of running backwards and forwards in this one's opening.
That's one of the reasons the Siren was my favorite class in this game.

Her ability makes getting around quite a bit faster.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Any Shift keys yet? Didn't see any on the series' Twitter, as well as Gearbox's or Pitchford's.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Money doesn't get picked up automatically and I don't see the option in the menu. What gives?

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
As shitty a solution it might be, has anyone tried running the game as admin to see if it fixes configs not persisting?

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question but I'm on PS4. Do I have to download a UHD texture pack like the Handsome Collection or is it included? Can't find one on the store so I assume it's in there but I want to be sure.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know how to import your saves to the xbox one version from the x360? I have no new option on the x360.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Also, is anyone else experiencing an issue with enemy sound effects not distancing themselves correctly? I'll hear skags 20m away as if they're right next to me. Could well be my headset setup. This is with dynamic range set to low or medium as high seems to drop all bass.

At one point I had played the opening so much that when replaying with friends I assaigned everyone positions to make it so we ran back and fortn as little as possible before going to fight nine toes lol

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like the new inventory design, that's my only complaint. I think it's just lifted from BL2 but for keyboard & mouse it's clunky and the buttons are way too big. Having a list like the original inventory was better for me. I guess the new one is good for console players however

2F1B0A5BEAF26A48B3B447DD5E3B14591C7C5679

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I put 3 hours into it and yeah, it's okay, not super blown away but there's enough there for me to continue. I'm new to the series so this is my first impression of it. I'd say the characters and voice work are the stand outs, both are great, visuals hold up well but the gunplay is a little clunky, hit reg seems off and the shooting is a bit stiff, it almost reminds me of Fallout 4 but not quite as bad. The vehicle also hands poorly. I wonder how it all compares to BL2?

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
I only played one session so far, but performance was not good for me.

At first I was like yeah this is well optimized, was locked 4k60fps (frame cap) up until I reached Nine Toes. That little area you fight him in, for some reason my framerate was all over the place in that area. Then leaving it, and backtracking back to the starting area where I was initially locked at 60fps was a stuttery mess all the way back and in the town now. Made no sense, the only difference was the time of day was now night time. The game barely uses my GPU, which seems about right since it's not a graphical powerhouse and it's an old game. I'll take another stab at it after work and see if I can make any sense of why it started to stutter all of a sudden...

Visually the game looks solid for an old game, the art style holds up decently with the improved textures.

I'm on an RTX 2080/8700 (6c12t) btw.

Apr 8, 2018
Anybody else have issues with dialogue cutting out? Happened to me with some Zed and Angel dialogue. Playing on XB1 btw.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I just checked reddit, and there might be an issue with RTX cards and this game. Which would explain the low fps I'm getting. Seems like it's only RTX owners complaining about the weird fps performance and drops while non RTX cards are getting great performance.

Hopefully a patch or driver update soon.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how it all compares to BL2?

BL2 has much more environmental and enemy diversity, it's way more colorful, there's an insane amount of story content, and the comedic tone is ramped up to 11, for better or worse YMMV (I love it.) It's a night-and-day difference.

Well, Zed's become a selective mute for me. He won't voice any of his quest dialogue, just his idle ones and his ECHOs. Angel is fine though. On PS4.
That's not a bug, If I remember right.
Characters mostly never give any mission speech in Borderlands 1.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

It's painfully obvious how much of the story was reverse-engineered at the end of development, and is delivered mostly through audio logs and radio chatter. The lighter tone of the dialogue is completely at odds with the game's dull, gritty aesthetic. The DLC content was where Borderlands really came into its own, especially with the Claptrap-centric finale.

Jan 4, 2018
Just started playing, it's been a while since I dipped back into Borderlands 1. I'm loving the facelift so far, but I forgot just how desaturated the world is compared to Borderlands 2.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I personally always liked Borderlands 1, more so than other people. Not in the way of going for the end game and highest levels / best possible loot. It is just fun to start a new character, get new weapons as they come up, and play through the main story. The game also doesn't take much time to play through. I also quite like the mood and atmosphere of the game, which is overall quite depressing and post-apocalyptic in nature, whereas the series ended up becoming more goofy as time went on. I do like Borderlands 2 as well though.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Playing Borderlands 1 has reminded me that 2 and subsequent games toned down the gore for some bizarre reason given they stayed at an M rating.

Blowing off limbs left and right and it's much more satisfying.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Just finished up to Nine-Toes. This has horrific screen tearing on PS4. I was not expecting this from a ten year old port. Crazy.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Wow, I don't remember leveling up this quickly in the original, I didn't meet TK Baha yet and I already am at level 5 and have my skill.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to import your saves to the xbox one version from the x360? I have no new option on the x360.

So i have the 360 compact version loaded, but for some crazy reason it won't load my old saves. I think i have some kind of Live error.

It says I don't have access to xbox live when's i try to select play online, could this be the issue with it not loading my old saves? I do have gold.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Wow, I don't remember leveling up this quickly in the original, I didn't meet TK Baha yet and I already am at level 5 and have my skill.
Yeah that seems really fast. I remember the levelling in the first game to be slow if anything

Just started playing, it's been a while since I dipped back into Borderlands 1. I'm loving the facelift so far, but I forgot just how desaturated the world is compared to Borderlands 2.
Yeah it feels so much more sparse. I enjoyed the feeling a lot the last time I played it, but I imagine it'll be decisive. It just adds to the space western feel to me

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
To be perfectly clear, both the base version of this game and the mid-gen refresh versions (PS4Pro and X1X) look exactly the same, except one is running at a higher resolution. Is this correct?

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played the game with my sister for a few hours and it was pretty good and fun so far never played the og borderlands before.

w0rm

Nov 28, 2017
A good bit of screen tearing on Xbox One X.

Played for about two hours in co-op; really enjoying the QoL upgrades, framerate/resolution bump despite the tearing.

bender

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed to hear about the screen tearing. It's one of the few graphical flaws that bothers me.