• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the PS3 version has received a small update to enable save export, according to some users on PSNProfiles.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
It won't even load unless I boot directly from the exe because I don't meet the requirements

That's some Windows 10 store shit right there

It should be a separate entry in your library, reboot Steam if it isn't there.

Fucking hell. It will definitely say my Intel Iris GPU is below spec (it isn't, I run BL2 just fine).

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
What about the legacy version? I have both because I needed them for some older game I was playing last year, and I'm not getting any crashes.
Looks like the cause of the crashes is… not having a network connection?
It works fine if Steam is in offline mode, but my firewall (NetLimiter) had blocked its network access by default. Trying to play the game with Steam logged in but the game's network access blocked is causing it to crash within moments of launching the game.

I have a 2070 and am getting frame drops all over the place
If it's anything like Borderlands 2, it will be heavily CPU-limited.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Weirdly enough they upgrade my regular copy to a GOTY version and I also received the GOTY Enhanced version, I knew they where going to give a free upgrade but I didn't think I was going to own two versions of Borderlands 1.

It runs so much better it isn't funny

And it has a character import option as well.

And now I'm conflicted between going back to my old characters for the DLC or replaying it all again from the beginning. :P

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the cause of the crashes is… not having a network connection?
It works fine if Steam is in offline mode, but my firewall (NetLimiter) had blocked its network access by default. Trying to play the game with Steam logged in but the game's network access blocked is causing it to crash within moments of launching the game.

If it's anything like Borderlands 2, it will be heavily CPU-limited.
I have a 2700x, so it shouldn't be a problem. It seems like restarting the game clears everything up, so probably a memory leak?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, all this Borderlands stuff really makes me want to get back into it, but I can't secide which to play.

The Presequel I installed because it's the one I've played the least (only gotten 5-10 hours in), but it's my least favorite. Takes forever to unlock Equitable gun slots, and the areas all feel so huge (even the non-vehicle ones) even after hours and I just don't care about any of the quests or areas (visually pretty bleh).

Borderlands 1 I love, but I've also played it the most (beat it with multiple characters, and all dlc). But I do love the game. Just feels good and I like most of the DLC (I absolutely love the Zombie one, and I'm curious if they fixed that brain quest not collecting more brains after you hit the current quest limit).

But I love Borderlands 2 as well, and i haven't played several of the DLCs (none of the mini dlcs they came out with, and I've only beaten the pirate one all the way through). But I've played the main game a LOT so that might get repetitive.

I think I'll try out the first game first just to see how it looks and make my decision from there.
for those with experience with BL1 , what character would you recommend for a fun first run ?
The Siren is my favorite.

A lot of the game is running through areas mowing down enemies, and her ability lets her move the fastest out of any other characters to my knowledge. Eventually you can upgrade it in a certain way so that you are in that "phase walker" mode for long periods of time and you can just CRUISE through some of the larger areas.

Plus you can eventually donlighting damage to enemies while you're in that mode, so you can trigger the ability, get lighting damage in everyone and lower their shields, then bust out of the mode and now then all down.

I was able to make it through a full hardest NG+ mode (Ultimate Vault Hunter I think they call it) with her on my own and had a great time (did everything except for the super hard optional boss I think).

Last edited:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The graphics and changes seem real nice, but god damn the gunplay is rough to go back to. Even BL2 was a huge step up I feel.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Ugh, all this Borderlands stuff really makes me want to get back into it, but I can't secide which to play.

The Presequel I installed because it's the one I've played the least (only gotten 5-10 hours in), but it's my least favorite. Takes forever to unlock Equitable gun slots, and the areas all feel so huge (even the non-vehicle ones) even after hours and I just don't care about any of the quests or areas (visually pretty bleh).

Borderlands 1 I love, but I've also played it the most (beat it with multiple characters, and all dlc). But I do love the game. Just feels good and I like most of the DLC (I absolutely love the Zombie one, and I'm curious if they fixed that brain quest not collecting more brains after you hit the current quest limit).

But I love Borderlands 2 as well, and i haven't played several of the DLCs (none of the mini dlcs they came out with, and I've only beaten the pirate one all the way through). But I've played the main game a LOT so that might get repetitive.

I think I'll try out the first game first just to see how it looks and make my decision from there.

The Siren is my favorite.

A lot of the game is running through areas mowing down enemies, and her ability lets her move the fastest out of any other characters to my knowledge. Eventually you can upgrade it in a certain way so that you are in that "phase walker" mode for long periods of time and you can just CRUISE through some of the larger areas.

Plus you can eventually donlighting damage to enemies while you're in that mode, so you can trigger the ability, get lighting damage in everyone and lower their shields, then bust out of the mode and now then all down.

I was able to make it through a full hardest NG+ mode (Ultimate Vault Hunter I think they call it) with her on my own and had a great time (did everything except for the super hard optional boss I think).
Play the tiny tina dlc of thz 2nd. It's the best one

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
are there any legit deals on the Steam version? I'm not sure if BL1 is worth $30 in 2019

CDKeys doesn't seem to have it

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp, I think my game is slightly broken. I have done all the side missions I can and it left me at the beginning of level 7 and my next set of quests are all level 10. All my guns do nearly zero damage to enemies, so I am not sure how to get higher levelled and grinding on Level 2 Scags for 1XP each is going to take forever.

EDIT: Turns out I managed to miss an entire quest line.

Last edited:

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone playing on Xbox, feel free to add me, currently playing Pre Sequel but can switch between games.
Also got the GOTY version of the first one too.
Gametag is Cr1st0h

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still getting drops to 45 fps on my 2060 for Borderlands 2. Maybe I still need to disable the outlines again.

Unfortunately doing so really makes it look last gen.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused. Doesn't this goty edition already exist? What's the difference between this and the one that came out years ago for PC?

rare

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking christ the performance in the pc version of the GOTY edition is terrible. I'm getting drops to 10 fps on an RTX 2080. Why the hell did the push the game out in this state?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Runs smooth as butter and looks great ! Been years (since 2010) when i last played it and never did play any of the DLC so this should be fun

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
having a nice FOV and a map on the ui makes 1 so much better

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I don't know if it's my heavily medicated sick self but this has some bad screen tearing on PS4. Goddamn.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone able to get multiplayer working on PS4? Haven't been able to join any sessions all evening.

Also having imported a character from the PS3 version, I don't seem to have the option to use that character in anything other than offline mode.