• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dabs furiously

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
restart your steams, its there now just got it, its a separate game
RHi4hwR.png

19gigs

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
no, its not, I had every borderlands DLC already, and the old version is still in the "finished" category I checked, this is a new seperate game that popped in my "games" (aka the stuff I have uncategorized because im lazy, like bundle games, hence that picture)

He's referring to the "patch" owners of the standard edition have downloaded. The DLC was added to the standard edition subs about an hour-and-a-half ago, which is why the original is now listed as "Borderlands GOTY" and not just "Borderlands". But, yes, the remaster is a separate entry.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
for those with experience with BL1 , what character would you recommend for a fun first run ?

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I didn't even realize I even owned Borderlands on PC. I must have picked it up on sale at some point, downloading now at any rate. I will jump in a check this out but I really should get back to The Division 2 (which I dropped for Sekiro).

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Stop playing on potato... :P

Just cause you can play Sekiro, doesn't mean you can play BL1 Enhanced!!!

HelioJosh

Oct 27, 2017
If you got this game as a gift or from a 4-pack you might not get access to the new version it seems.

I have Borderlands GOTY in my library but I found an email from 2011 when I was gifted the game through steam. The store page for the enhanced says I'd have to purchase it :(

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
yup, this sure is Borderlands. Like, its been too long for me to even notice a difference tbh, my mind's eye says this is how it's always looked, know what I mean? Oh well its free so /shrug

SaltyDuck

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Any improvements in performance on PC? Last time I tried Borderlands on my laptop, the game ran like shit despite having no problems with better-looking games.

Exto

Jan 2, 2019
Yeah I played the hell out of it when it came out the first time. 0 interest in playing it again.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
yup, this sure is Borderlands. Like, its been too long for me to even notice a difference tbh, my mind's eye says this is how it's always looked, know what I mean? Oh well its free so /shrug
Been playing the original the past few days just so I can experience the improvements... I hope.

Yeah I played the hell out of it when it came out the first time. 0 interest in playing it again.
uh okay... well thx for letting us know.

madmook

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
If you got this game as a gift or from a 4-pack you might not get access to the new version it seems.

I have Borderlands GOTY in my library but I found an email from 2011 when I was gifted the game through steam. The store page for the enhanced says I'd have to purchase it :(
Oh damn, I didn't remember how I bought Borderlands, and sure enough, looking at my Steam history it says Gift/Guest Pass for Borderlands, though I bought the DLC in the Steam store later. Fuuuuuuuuck me.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

That's likely an oversight. It'll probably be corrected soon enough, but in the meantime, submit a ticket to 2K Support.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I can see Borderlands GOTY Enhanced edition on the Steam store now, but it shows up as $29.99 and is not part of my library. I was supposed to get this for free since I own the original, right?

Edit: I think I did get the game originally as part of the four pack. Damn...

Last edited:

Deleted member 10852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It won't even load unless I boot directly from the exe because I don't meet the requirements

That's some Windows 10 store shit right there

It should be a separate entry in your library, reboot Steam if it isn't there.
Already rebooted, some people dont have the enhanced because Gearbox dont added all the packages, check steamdb

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, the game just crashes constantly for me, if it even runs. Can't make it past the title screen.

EDIT: Caused by my firewall blocking network access while Steam is in online mode.
Running the game with Steam in offline mode, or granting the game network access, fixes the crashes.

Last edited: