• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Picked up a copy for £4 from Voidu before they removed the listing, that'll do nicely!

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Are the higher res texture assets coming to all BL2 copies on PC? I just have the base game from back in 2012

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, IGN just confirmed in their remaster review that consoles are getting HDR and the PC is not.

Fucking typical.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I assume the packs are just going to show up as downloadable DLC right? As I don't see anything in the Steam store right now

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any communication regarding the launch? Don't see it in the PSN store, no idea if there will be a pre-load and release tonight, nothing. I have a feeling this is going to be included in a super edition of BL3 and the editions will be announced tomorrow and they don't want to burn everyone.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Not bad.

bx6IfAU.jpg

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Has there been any communication regarding the launch? Don't see it in the PSN store, no idea if there will be a pre-load and release tonight, nothing. I have a feeling this is going to be included in a super edition of BL3 and the editions will be announced tomorrow and they don't want to burn everyone.

That's my guess as well. Makes sense with this releasing on the 3rd and Pre-orders for BL 3 going up the 3rd as well.

Apr 27, 2018
The GameStop I was at said the physical copies of Borderlands GOTY Remastered was in transit. It's going to be a first come first served situation unfortunately.

So if you plan on getting the physical copy, better be quick.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
The texture and shadow improvements are really nice but that performance hit has got to be a bug...........it just has to be, right?
Looks like the steam effects tank the fps. The fps jump right back up as soon as they are offscreen. Could be a bug, or simply unoptimized.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, IGN just confirmed in their remaster review that consoles are getting HDR and the PC is not.

Fucking typical.

That's bullshit. Why is PC so often treated like a second-class citizen?

I'm glad to have nabbed this on a key sale (wink hint) but news like these are why people playing on PC are fed up with being treated like the red-headed stepchild. They need to be called out on this.

That being said, good on them for not doing an exclusive.

Oct 27, 2017
30 dollars? I assumed 20 (and that was pushing it for me), but 30 is just a money-grab, and despite loving the game I'll take a hard pass on this one until it's 10 or less.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think i'm in, i'm a sucker for anything Borderlands. Just completed Tales for the first time and have already played the Handsome Collection to death, BL1 though it has been years. Seems like the perfect excuse to jump back in.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
That's bullshit. Why is PC so often treated like a second-class citizen?

I'm glad to have nabbed this on a key sale (wink hint) but news like these are why people playing on PC are fed up with being treated like the red-headed stepchild. They need to be called out on this.

That being said, good on them for not doing an exclusive.
Maybe it's fake HDR and they're just checking off a MS/Sony bullet point.

on Xbox, fake HDR is worse than no HDR at all. Gotta go to system settings any time you want to disable the shit.

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's fake HDR and they're just checking off a MS/Sony bullet point.

on Xbox, fake HDR is worse than no HDR at all. Gotta go to system settings any time you want to disable the shit.

Point taken, more information needed.

Thanks by the way. I had no idea these problems existed on consoles.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
my gamestop is only getting ONE extra copy and thankfully they're holding it for me since I haven't been able to get up there to reserve it due to family issues. I'm worried this is going to be a super limited release on consoles like the first Gravity Rush was. Ideally, I need two copies for my household so hopefully i'm wrong.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
Ng8kfdY.png

Yeah, something is wrong here.
Yeah that is...not good. It seems part of the prob may be that double-buffered vsync is employed causing any hit under 60fps to start plummeting the framerate to 30 (should be triple buffered by default regardless), but also a 2080ti should not drop under 60 at any point at 4k with those graphics.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Is the handsome collection needed for the BL2 update? Or can I just get the standalone game for $5 and be good? Is it worth it for the pre-sequel?

Just bought BL1 for $7.50, thinking about doing a full play through of the series before 3 comes out. I only ever played the first one half way through when it originally came out on x360.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will I get the pc upgrade if I only own the standard version of BL1 on Steam? And would that be the same for BL2 as well?