• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I got Borderlands GOTY from Humble Bundle for $1, so I'll gladly take this free upgrade.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Started the original Borderlands some
months ago on PC, but gave up after a couple of hours. Game ran perfectly fine, but the inventory-management is so damn tedious. Why is there no way to easily compare two guns and quickly decide which one to keep and which one to drop?
Was this addressed in one of the sequels/remake?

Press the "Compare" button. ;)

What I absolutely loathed throughout my time with the game was the inconsistent text window navigation when using kb&m. Some can be scrolled with only the mouse wheel, some with only the page up/down keys, some with only the up/down arrow keys, and others with only the on-screen arrow keys. Talk about absurd.

Last edited:

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Press the "Compare" button. ;)

What I absolutely loathed throughout my time with the game was the inconsistent text window navigation when using kb&m. Some can be scrolled with only the mouse wheel, some with only the page up/down keys, some with only the up/down arrows, and others with only the on-screen arrow keys. Talk about absurd.

I know the button, I pressed the button, still didn't give me the info I need. Do Gearbox think people like to do manual DPS-calculations every 2 minutes?

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, right. I don't think any of the games have damage per second as a stat, just damage per shot.

Damn. It wouldn't even have to be DPS itself, but some kind of overall-rating beyond the colored rarities would help a lot. Something like the overall player-rating in FIFA.

Last edited:

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I didn't read the entire thread but have they mentioned what if any updates the PC version is getting besides the DLC included? It's cool that we get the game for free but I already own BL1 and all the DLC so that's not really a big deal for me. Knowing that it had more settings or features than the original release would be a big deal for me.

Nov 1, 2017
Cool to see this I guess, but where was it when BL2 and The Pre-Sequel remasters were released? I personally already have the XB360 version via digital download (which is backwards compatible with XB1), so I don't see me picking this one up.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
wtf is going on with this release? My local gamestop said they had 0 copies in transit to them, and 0 in stock. Guy even let me see on their system where it said it, and he had no idea why. Oh, you also cant preorder a copy in store. Its also not available to preorder digitally on any console as of right now. This is supposed to be out on Wednesday?

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I didn't read the entire thread but have they mentioned what if any updates the PC version is getting besides the DLC included? It's cool that we get the game for free but I already own BL1 and all the DLC so that's not really a big deal for me. Knowing that it had more settings or features than the original release would be a big deal for me.
BL1 is suppsoed to be getting auto loot for ammo/meds/cash and the minimap from BL2 + some other stuff I guess.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
BL1 is getting a toggable BL2 mini-map, auto-pick up ammo/meds/cash, new end boss with better loot, additional cosmetic features for your character, and Shift keys (75 I believe are given to you if you own the pre-sequel OR the original borderlands).

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
wtf is going on with this release? My local gamestop said they had 0 copies in transit to them, and 0 in stock. Guy even let me see on their system where it said it, and he had no idea why. Oh, you also cant preorder a copy in store. Its also not available to preorder digitally on any console as of right now. This is supposed to be out on Wednesday?
You can't even order online anymore.
Edit: Now you can before it was done

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
So is this going to be an online only thing or are we not sure yet? I am not paying Gamestop's shitty delivery charges so if I can't get it in a store I will just go digital I guess.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
I know this may be a little off topic but Walmart has the handsome collection for both consoles for $20

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
So is this going to be an online only thing or are we not sure yet? I am not paying Gamestop's shitty delivery charges so if I can't get it in a store I will just go digital I guess.

Think it heavily depends on how big your GameStop is and what they are allocated. 2k online store was selling it as well and it's cheaper total after shipping than GameStop

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
I started playing original bordeands on Xbox 360 this past weekend with my wife. We are having a blast. I'm just gonna finish it there and start playing borderlands 2 on 360 as well.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
According to Cheapshark, it's $7.50 for the GOTY edition on Gamesplanet.
Thanks, got it for $9ish CAD.

I started playing original bordeands on Xbox 360 this past weekend with my wife. We are having a blast. I'm just gonna finish it there and start playing borderlands 2 on 360 as well.
If you have a PS4/XB1, the Handsome Jack collection is super cheap and is a way better experience than the OG games. Plus you get TPS.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks, got it for $9ish CAD.

If you have a PS4/XB1, the Handsome Jack collection is super cheap and is a way better experience than the OG games. Plus you get TPS.
Presequel doesn't sound as fun to me plus I'm having a blast playing on my 360. We are using separate TV's as well and already bought a copy of 2. Our total so far on this is $12. I just don't want to rebuy. I'll definitely be picking up 2 copies of 3 tho when it drops.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Asking 30 bucks for this is fucking brave.

I wanted 2 copies but I can wait. I see the price dropping pretty fast. Good luck to ya Randy.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
1X 60fps will be lovely. Hopefully 4k as well. Put 100s of hours into the BL series. Might jump back in just to prep for BL3.