• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I never played Borderlands and 1 week ago, I bought The Handsome Collection with a friend to play it

Do we have to wait Borderlands 1 Remastered to enjoy BL2 and Pre-Sequel ?
And second question, if we are not waiting for BL1, between BL2 and Pre-Sequel, which one do we start with ?

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That's one of the additions they mentioned.
(they added that)
Biggest one for me is not enough waypoints in the dlc areas. So much fucking driving to farm
The trailer says 'with mini-map'
Yeah, that's what I meant. I realise it didn't seem very clear haha

absolutely not. there are returning characters from the first game, but you get enough from context clues that is fine

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
So hold on. I own the original Borderlands 1 base game on steam.

Does that mean i get the GOTY upgrade on April 3rd ?

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I never played Borderlands and 1 week ago, I bought The Handsome Collection with a friend to play it

And second question, if we are not waiting for BL1, between BL2 and Pre-Sequel, which one do we start with ?
There are things in BL2 you appreciate more if you have prior knowledge that lends them more significance, but not to the extent of a lack of knowledge actually being detrimental. BL1's kind of thin on plot anyway, and a lot of key points are backfilled by BL2 and TPS, so it's not super crucial. So you're fine holding off if you so desire.

Between BL2 and TPS, definitely start with BL2. TPS is a direct follow up to BL2 (the narrative framing device is a sequel that follows up on BL2's ending, and the core narrative is a lead up to events of BL2 for those already aware of BL2's plot) and BL2 is the better game anyway. It's also worth being aware that TPS is effectively a full-length "expansion" of sorts, so go into it expecting that, and not a mainline release-scale title.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope gamestop sales this at the store cause i went today and they said it wasnt in the system and it may be internet exclusive but i dont know.
I ran into the same problem. I'm going to call around tomorrow and see if it was just a system issue. Wtf is the point of being a brick and mortar if you're not even going to carry your own 'exclusives' in your shops? This is the second time in as many weeks that I've tried to walk into a GS for a new release that they didn't receive a shipment for because reasons.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
I ran into the same problem. I'm going to call around tomorrow and see if it was just a system issue. Wtf is the point of being a brick and mortar if you're not even going to carry your own 'exclusives' in your shops? This is the second time in as many weeks that I've tried to walk into a GS for a new release that they didn't receive a shipment for because reasons.
I hope so cause no way im using my credit card at gamestop after it was stolen because they had a breach.

Oct 27, 2017
I just started replaying BL2 (and later I'll play TPS) a few days ago. As much as I'd love to go back and play with Mordecai and Lilith, my two favorite characters in the franchise, I think I'll pass. Too expensive, and too much Borderlands for me.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Knew this was coming once I saw a picture of the trophies on another site.

It's been one of the only games I've cared about or wanted to hear about since. It should've been part of the collection.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
There are things in BL2 you appreciate more if you have prior knowledge that lends them more significance, but not to the extent of a lack of knowledge actually being detrimental. BL1's kind of thin on plot anyway, and a lot of key points are backfilled by BL2 and TPS, so it's not super crucial. So you're fine holding off if you so desire.

Between BL2 and TPS, definitely start with BL2. TPS is a direct follow up to BL2 (the narrative framing device is a sequel that follows up on BL2's ending, and the core narrative is a lead up to events of BL2 for those already aware of BL2's plot) and BL2 is the better game anyway. It's also worth being aware that TPS is effectively a full-length "expansion" of sorts, so go into it expecting that, and not a mainline release-scale title.
Thank you !

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
My only issue with buying this (and I really want to) is I don't want to get into this, spend a few months playing it, and then have Borderlands 3 drop a couple months later after I'm burned out from the other games.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finally, only borderlands I like and was ticked when they made the handsome collection for current gen and didn't include it. Played the hell outbof it and all DLC on PS3 and have run through some of the campaign again on PSNow but I'll want to own this digitally, will wait for a sale though.

Deleted member 38397

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
So what do people think we're getting on PS4 Pro/X1X with this? Is it 4K60?
Will Borderlands 2 and TPS be 4K30? The frame rate already struggles in sections on PS4 Pro at 1080p60.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a port of Borderlands 2 for PS4? I am really itching to play it. Really into loot based games right now.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It was nice that they included Lady Aurelia though. Obviously Jack and Wilhelm can't make an appearance. Did anyone spot Nisha, Gaige or Krieg in the masked reveal? I think Athena was there.
Nisha is dead lol. She's the sheriff of lynchwood and you kill her in 2 canonically

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you buy this when Borderlands 2 is infinitely better? Why not bring it to Switch at the very least.

Borderlands 2 doesn't have a single area as fun as Borderlands' Old Haven or a single boss that's as challenging as Crawmerax without being cheap (even General Knoxx is a better boss than anything in BL2 including the DLC). In the first game, you could actually find great loot from random chests so exploration was actually rewarding, and the inventory interface was far superior. And none of the writing in the series came close to the what was in the General Knoxx DLC until Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep.

The whole series should definitely be on the Switch, though.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day one think ill get this instead of 2 vr as i already played 2 to death and never played 1 and lilith looks 🤩

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
yeah it's part of the Handsome Collection

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1001-CUSA01401_00-BORDERLANDSHDCOL

which it just so happens is <$20 right now for PS+ members (but only for a few more hours)
Yes, you get BL2 and The Pre-Sequel with all DLC for a stupidly low price as it's currently on sale. Borderlands The Handsome Collection.
Yep, it's part of the Handsome Collection set. And a very good port, too.
Thank you! I might get it if I make it home in time.