• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In 25 minutes Bahroo has broken the game like 4 times.

Nooooooooot feeling too confident this wont be broken as shit at launch.

It's over four months until launch. This is very early for a public beta. And forever in terms of polish and bug fix development time.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They said this isn't even guided or anything right? Not too surprised if there's issues.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Myeah, looks like Borderlands alright. Kinda had my fill with Borderlands 2 though, and nothing about this jumps out at me as a reason for wanting to return at the moment.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm going to buy this because I liked 1 and 2 but I'm not impressed with what I've seen at all. It's just more of the same. It's been a long enough time since I've played borderlands so I'm all for it.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really not sure how people can watch this and say it feels too samey. The gunplay looks great, doesn't look like there's nearly as much recoil, if any. The 3D maps are a game-changer. There's fast travel from any location.

Also, I just heard a streamer mention Sanctuary being a space ship. Is there any gameplay of that?

Dec 6, 2017
I'm going to buy this because I liked 1 and 2 but I'm not impressed with what I've seen at all. It's just more of the same. It's been a long enough time since I've played borderlands so I'm all for it.
Game looks vastly improved from a quality of life perspective. Sliding and mantling introduced, plus lots of other little knacks that players have been asking for. Better graphics, and the area they previewed was huge; new planets - a first in the series. What exactly were you looking for in a sequel?

Dec 6, 2017
Really not sure how people can watch this and say it feels too samey. The gunplay looks great, doesn't look like there's nearly as much recoil, if any. The 3D maps are a game-changer. There's fast travel from any location.

Also, I just heard a streamer mention Sanctuary being a space ship. Is there any gameplay of that?
Sanctuary III is the name of the spaceship in the presentation they showed. It's basically your home hub in space and how you get to other planets.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Game looks vastly improved from a quality of life perspective. Sliding and mantling introduced, plus lots of other little knacks that players have been asking for. Better graphics, and the area they previewed was huge; new planets - a first in the series. What exactly were you looking for in a sequel?

It's been so long since they've made one I was expecting it to be even further advanced from the other games. Even more robust movement options and not just catch ups to the current gen fps standards. More than 4 character classes. More robust customizable guns , vehicles ect. Big open worlds that offer another level of exploration. Lots of new enemy variety. The game looks so similar to the others I'm not blown away.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Targeting 60fps on the X (I assume Pro too) with base console set to 30 (I assume base PS4 also). Sounds like there'll be resolution / performance modes on enhanced consoles.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Almost forgot, but identifying legendary drops on the map is also great.

It's been awhile since a game's had the map from Metroid Prime, right? Did Prey have it?

Edit: Is there a website for looking at all the skill trees yet? Can you have more than one action skill?

Oct 26, 2017
Call me crazy, but I think they've been looking at the Far Cry games, the added physically to the overall gameplay seems quite reminiscent of those games, One thing I've always liked abou FC 3 onwards is the sense of place the PC has in the word in terms of the way they interact with the surroundings and the whole sending barrels flying with a melee attack is there too.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
It's been so long since they've made one I was expecting it to be even further advanced from the other games. Even more robust movement options and not just catch ups to the current gen fps standards. More than 4 character classes. More robust customizable guns , vehicles ect. Big open worlds that offer another level of exploration. Lots of new enemy variety. The game looks so similar to the others I'm not blown away.

I mean, we're basically getting all of that except more character classes - and that wouldn't even have made sense since it's 4-player co-op. They even confirmed customisable vehicles, multiple planets, open exploration areas, etc.

Honestly, I don't know what people were expecting from this game lol.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
My internet is being crap atm and videos and stream aren't working well.

Can anyone bullet point the cool things they've seen here please?

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
My internet is being crap atm and videos and stream aren't working well.

Can anyone bullet point the cool things they've seen here please?
  • Spaceship hub with space travel
  • Guns can have alt fire modes from rockets to full/semi auto
  • Sliding and mantling in player movement
  • Destructible environments
  • Environmental damage like shooting oil with a fire weapon, water with electricity, etc
  • Can melee barrels to re-position them
  • New element radiation makes people explode when they die
  • Choice between instanced or shared loot
  • Level scaling is optional, can turn it off to powerlevel
  • New gun manufacturers and each manufacturer has their own unique gimmick (tracking dart for atlas, chaining headshots for jakobs, etc).
  • Gore is back like in BL1 and improved
  • Each class has 3 action skills, some classes can equip more than one
  • All items have a rating for casual, quick comparisons (like light levels in destiny)
  • Trophy room for notable kills (probably raid bosses) and a trophy room to display guns
  • Your vault hunter speaks more and actually interacts with NPCs
  • Same DLC model as bl2.
  • Many many graphical improvements
  • Your basic sequel stuff like new enemies, characters, worlds/areas, etc
  • Map is now 3d (layered 2d), can see the the whole area, and exploring it highlights it like a paint brush (think ratchet and clank)

And some other stuff i'm probably forgetting

Last edited:

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
  • Spaceship hub with space travel
  • Guns can have alt fire modes from rockets to full/semi auto
  • Sliding and mantling in player movement
  • Destructible environments
  • Environmental damage like shooting oil with a fire weapon, water with electricity, etc
  • New element radiation makes people explode when they die
  • Choice between instanced or shared loot
  • Level scaling is optional, can turn it off to powerlevel
  • New gun manufacturers
  • Gore is back like in BL1 and improved
  • Each class has 3 action skills, some classes can equip more than one
  • All items have a rating for casual, quick comparisons (like light levels in destiny)

And some other stuff i'm probably forgetting
Mmmm yummy. Anything like a double jump besides mantling?

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Any images of the inventory menu? I'm hoping it's rework from that rubbish vertical layout in 2/TPS, or much more closer to 1.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I mean, we're basically getting all of that except more character classes - and that wouldn't even have made sense since it's 4-player co-op. They even confirmed customisable vehicles, multiple planets, open exploration areas, etc.

Honestly, I don't know what people were expecting from this game lol.

I was just expecting a larger step up. That's all. Still going to play it .

Oct 29, 2017
So I have seen Amara and Zane's skill trees were gone over by a few people on YouTube. Has anyone posted details about Moze and Fl4k's skilltrees yet? Actually way more interested in those two characters.

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, I have been out today and haven't watched any of the reveal or twitch gameplay, did they only allow amara and Zane to be played at this event?

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Targeting 60fps on the X (I assume Pro too) with base console set to 30 (I assume base PS4 also). Sounds like there'll be resolution / performance modes on enhanced consoles.
Shiit that would be great if they can have 60 fps for x and pro, or have like you said resolution et perfomance mode for the pro and x

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
I was incredibly impressed with the demo and then the streams after. Insanely excited this could be GOTY for me.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I wish we saw some gameplay of Moze since she's the class I'm most interested in but the small bits from the new trailer look cool. Definitely took some inspiration from Titanfall for the visuals.

I just so happy Borderlands 3 didn't go full GaaS that I can't find anything I didn't like from the gameplay stream. It looks so good.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
I wish we saw some gameplay of Moze since she's the class I'm most interested in but the small bits from the new trailer look cool. Definitely took some inspiration from Titanfall for the visuals.

I just so happy Borderlands 3 didn't go full GaaS that I can't find anything I didn't like from the gameplay stream. It looks so good.
Yeah i was hoping to see all classes, but like skittle said maybe they are going to show moze and fl4k at e3

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Checked out the Euro gamer video of new things quickly this morning, game looks great including new features. Hopefully they can keep polishing further until the release date so it runs equally well on the consoles.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
i m running BL2 at 4k@60fps ultra settings

i hope to get at least 2560x1440p@60fps in BL3

Borderlands 2 is a 7 year old game so unless you have a really powerful system, I wouldn't expect that level of performance, at least not on ultra settings.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
I just played all three, maybe I forgot already, but wasn't BL1 vertical as well?

I would say no apart from the vertical scroll for inventory, my issue with the 2/TPS menus was that you have to switch position between the equipped and backpack sides. In BL1, you have full view of both for selection:

2F1B0A5BEAF26A48B3B447DD5E3B14591C7C5679

Compared to this in BL2, a fairly big regression in layout design:
maxresdefault.jpg

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would say no apart from the vertical scroll for inventory, my issue with the 2/TPS menus was that you have to switch position between the equipped and backpack sides. In BL1, you have full view of both for selection:

2F1B0A5BEAF26A48B3B447DD5E3B14591C7C5679

Compared to this in BL2, a fairly big regression in layout design:
maxresdefault.jpg
That was changed for the HD GotY edition. You don't see your character like the newer ones, but the items list looks the same. But it doesn't have that position swap.