• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Tune in May 1! Borderlands 3 gets its worldwide gameplay reveal!

Diesel%2Fproduct%2Fcatnip%2FOak_SuperDeluxeEdition_G1-1920x1080-4b5f1447fe534a79cb13c5064541772b203de525.jpg
So this piece of news got announced last month but weirdly enough, there hasn't been a thread on it. It kind of got lost in all the chatter about Epic Store Exclusivity. Gearbox have released more information and times for the event so I thought I'd take the initiative and make this thread.
Following a 30-minute pre-show, the first Borderlands 3 gameplay will be streamed on borderlands.com and on the Borderlands Twitch channel starting at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 6pm BST on May 1, 1am GMT+8 / 3am AEST on May 2.

Many interesting Borderlands 3 theories—some of them with decent accuracy ratings—have been floated following frame-by-frame dissections of gameplay trailers over the past couple weeks.

Despite some incredible internet sleuthing, countless questions raised by you, the amazing Borderlands community, remain unanswered. When will we learn more about the four new Vault Hunters? Who exactly are the Calypso Twins? Who's the young girl bumping fists with Maya? And how the heck do guns grow legs?!

We're excited to answer at least some of these questions and lots more during the Borderlands 3 Worldwide Gameplay Reveal event on May 1. The event will feature the first ever showing of Borderlands 3 gameplay, as well as commentary from the Gearbox development team on everything from the new Vault Hunters and their respective skills to interplanetary travel and sweet, sweet loot.

Shortly after the Gearbox presentation, you'll be able to watch literally hundreds of your favorite live streamers playing and sharing their impressions of Borderlands 3 for the first time. Whether you're a longtime Borderlands fan or a newcomer to the franchise, this first look at what's coming September 13 is a must-see.

STREAMS:

Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/borderlands
Borderlands.com - https://borderlands.com
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/BorderlandsGame

Last edited:

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much magic there will be fir-
Following a 30-minute pre-show
Oh, okay.

Looking forward to seeing some of this, I'm completely ready for another Diablo-esque loot shooter instead of the Destiny/Anthem/Division style ones we've been getting recently.

gameovergreggy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
I'm hosting the official pre- and post-shows for this event, and I'll leak all the info if you get Kinda Funny Games to a million subs before we start streaming Wednesday.

(This is a joke; stay away, 2K lawyers.)

Oct 27, 2017
I was kinda hoping that BST stood for Borderlands Standard Time because that's exactly the kind of thing I expect from Gearbox.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hosting the official pre- and post-shows for this event, and I'll leak all the info if you get Kinda Funny Games to a million subs before we start streaming Wednesday.

(This is a joke; stay away, 2K lawyers.)
Don't forget you're also hosting with Andrea Rene (What's Good Games) and Fran Mirabella III (ex-IGN)

Also kinda figured we'd just talk about it in the pre-release thread but this works too.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
Finally, can't wait to see some footage, been so many years! Hopefully Rage 2 will tide me over till the release.

will only watch stream if there's magic involved of course.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it even though I think it's going to be pretty straightforward and exactly what we'd expect.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
We know Gearbox and 2K are looking into cross play. I remember the Microsoft Store leaked cross play between Xbox and PC but I wouldn't take it as confirmation just yet. No word on PS4 + Xbox, though.
PS4 + Xbox is a long shot. PS4 + PC has a better chance of happening. Though Take Two would be a company that could get Sony to change their position.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't see PS4 + Xbox either. It'll probably just be Xbox + PC and PS4 + PC like most games.
I feel like there's a MINOR possibility since it's an EGS exclusive. That and their relationship with Epic is apparently the reason Dauntless of all games is getting PS4+Xbox cross play. I'm not holding my breath though.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Yeesh. New Claptrap sounds really weird.
it's different, but I'll get used to it.

Echo cast is really dope though, the integration aspect gives me hope that we'll see in game events happen more often and be more "in game" than the BL2 events. huge feature for streamers though, wont need to answer so many of the same questions.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is going to be increases "online-ness"...its all about how well they handle it.

They could pull off the ultimate and first ever really good PvEvP game. Like if BL2 met Destiny, met Fallout 76, met Warframe , met The Hunt, met other stuff...I have no clue how that gets handled well though.

Maybe just a bigger, cooler BL2, but with each instance having a few parties of 4 roaming about doing their missions, maybe you run into them, maybe you trade, fight, team up...

Yea, its just gonna be BL2 again isn't it :) Which is fine

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
The ECHOcast extension is totally being used tomorrow.

This has some goodies about action skills in it. Looks like either, you get 3 different action skills and 3 different augments for each one. Or you get one action skill and can augument it 3 different ways. Im leaning HEAVILY towards the former, as theres like 6 different augments in one tree. Dear god if its the former, the build diversity is gonna be crazy. It also lines up with how mozu can equip so many diff weapons (each one is an augment)

Oct 26, 2017
This has some goodies about action skills in it. Looks like either, you get 3 different action skills and 3 different augments for each one. Or you get one action skill and can augument it 3 different ways. Im leaning HEAVILY towards the former, as theres like 6 different augments in one tree. Dear god if its the former, the build diversity is gonna be crazy. It also lines up with how mozu can equip so many diff weapons (each one is an augment)
The bonus effect for the Jakobs guns is pretty cool, critical hits ricochet to other enemies.